One More Thing…

by Courtney on May 16, 2011

So there’s actually one more fun thing that Jay and I did yesterday that I want to share with you all…we hung some pictures.

Woahhhhh, hold the phone. Talk about excitement, right?

Okay, so it may not sound all that thrilling, but I was super excited with the end result.

A couple weeks ago, I bought this frame set from Bed Bath & Beyond. Now, if you’ve been reading for a while, then it’s no secret that I really like am completely obsessed with anything that has “Live, Laugh, Love” plastered on it (<—P.S., that is always one of my favorite posts to go back and re-read!).

I’m telling you, I’m like a moth to a flame when I see the triple L décor.

What I really liked about this set that I bought was that it came with a template for hanging the frames. This in and of itself was enough of a selling point for me. I can’t hang a straight frame to save my life.

So with a few quick checks with the level and a couple nail holes, our template eventually went from that…to this!

I’ve been wanting to put something new on this wall in our living room for a while now, so this definitely helped add to my cheery spirit yesterday. I love it. Smile

Lunch

I’m usually not one to have leftovers for lunch from the night before. No reason why, but it’s just not typically my thing. However, the thought of having last night’s pizza again threw that whole scenario right out the window.

Unfortunately, attempt #1 at the reheating of the pizza was a bit of a fail…

My friends, this is what happens when you leave the kitchen to “quickly check” your Google Reader. You know what I’m talking about. Winking smile

Don’t worry, though. It didn’t go totally to waste. I probably ended up eating about half of it (minus the ugly crust) while waiting for slice #2 to heat up. Luckily, we had success this time.

Hubby ordered himself some BBQ wings last night, so I made sure to help him out by eating the leftover carrots & celery that came with ‘em. Can somebody please tell me why carrots and celery that were not cut up by me taste so much better????

I also rounded out the meal with a pink lady apple.

Time to get back to my to-do list. Believe it or not, I’m actually right on schedule!

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you enjoy interior decorating?

Do you typically eat leftovers?

1 Faith @ lovelyascharged May 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I love interior decorating – I’m having so much fun doing my apartment! I’m hoping to convince the owners to let me paint the walls dove gray, but in the meantime I’m having fun with photo frames and other fun things on the walls!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Frosted Vegan Apple Bread

2 Samantha May 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I love interior decorating! I’m redecorating my apartment now – it’s a slow process but it’s moving along!

Leftovers – yes! As a matter of fact, I made a pizza for dinner last night and helped myself to a couple slices of it for today’s lunch!
Samantha recently posted..A Little Something Different

3 Farrah May 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I have another question…why is it that when you order wings, the veggies that they give you have that strange little curve to them? I mean, when I cut carrots and celery they are straight as an arrow. Just sayin’ LOL

Lovin the frames. I ALWAYS find something cool at Bed Bath and Beyond. They have some of the neatest gadgets, EVER!
Farrah recently posted..Insalata di Farro

4 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm

SO TRUE!!!

5 shaffy May 18, 2011 at 5:11 am

hmmm… maybe they dunk the strips in a bucket with cold water+ice after cutting? and thence drain, pat dry and chill in the fridge? hehehe… i dunno… just guessing.

6 Courtney May 18, 2011 at 8:21 am

Hmmm, maybe! :)

7 Stephanie Bragg May 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’m very insecure about my decorating. I’m rarely confident about what I choose to put up. Totally left brained.

I also live on left-overs. I cook for one, but hate only cooking one serving so I’ll cook two or three servings and pack them up as lunch during the wee. It works perfectly for my schedule and habits.
Stephanie Bragg recently posted..We Found One!

8 Danica May 16, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I LOVE those frames!! We have a “Live Laugh Love” wall design above our bed!
I do eat leftovers for lunch, most days actually. I prefer to cook new things for supper each night, and I can’t stand to let food go to waste so I try to incorporate it into my lunches.

9 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 16, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I love that phrase too! My friend bought us a frame that says “Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After” – a really cute variation!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Blog worthy

10 Bethany May 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I hate leftovers~unless it is a leftover salad that I got while out to eat and didn’t put any dressing on it. For some reason they always taste really good the next day!!
xoxo,
Bethany @ 101sprinkles.weebly.com

11 Kristi May 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I love your frames! I would be excited for them, too.
I’m a leftover queen. I eat them all the time, and probably eat things that I shouldn’t, but I hate wasting food.
Kristi recently posted..Rainy Day

12 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm

SO CUTE!! We can start moving things into our new place at the end of next month and I cannot wait! I’m obsessed with BB&B in general. I have spent hours in that store just dreaming up my new digs :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cereal Crisis

13 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I’m a total leftover eater especially when it comes to pizza. :)

14 Sam @ Fat Girl at Heart May 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I know exactly what you’re talking about with the self-cut veggies! At the wing bar I work at, we soak our celery sticks in cold water. IDK what it does, but somehow it makes it taste so much better!

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love love LOVE interior decorating! If I had all the money in the world, I’d have the cutest house. We have been buying things little by little, and slowly b ut surely my house is getting to be where I want it to be! I finally just bought something for above the couch in the living room!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

16 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries May 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Super cute frames! Those would cheer me up any day.

I love interior decorating, I live in a tiny apartment so I have to make it as cute as possible for such a small space. I always include lots of color! Living in NYC it gets so cold and dreary in the winter, which I’m sure you can relate to since you’re in NY as well!

I eat leftovers all the time. I am weird, I think leftovers taste better cold…the flavor seems to come out more when it’s a little cold instead of fighting with the heat/steam.
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..A Week in Pictures

17 Kelly May 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I love leftovers! Love them! I always think food tastes better the next day. I am weird.
Kelly recently posted..i want to be a mom

18 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) May 16, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Love pink lady apples!

I hate seeing food go to waste, so I do my best to eat leftovers.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Yogurtland Here I Come

19 Ruthie Hart May 16, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Okay that is the most amazing idea ever! I always hate trying to come up with ways to hang frames on the wall!! Genius!!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Wedding Recap 6- The Reception

20 Mac May 16, 2011 at 5:34 pm

The frames look great! Definitely a worth while buy for you!

I am a big leftovers girl. It helps me get through busy weeks, and makes them so much less stressful to be able to reach into the fridge and heat it up quick.
Mac recently posted..Cucumber-Orzo Salad &amp Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Recipes

21 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 16, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I’m not a fan of leftovers either–I almost always give them to my fiance. You’d think I’d want to keep them since they make meal planning the next day much easier, but there’s just something about food that has been cooked twice….ew.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Wedding Details

22 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I hear ya! I usually give mine to Jay, too :)

23 Brenda May 16, 2011 at 6:50 pm

OMG! I always say that carrots and celery that come with buffalo wings are more delicious than if I cut them at home! The same goes for salad sometimes too.

24 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" May 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm

The wall looks beautiful! It looks completely elegant, yet personal at the same time. I love it! I agree – why do veggies and fruit taste better when I don’t cut them?? Well, in my case, it’s because I am a horrible cutter…hehe

I enjoy interior decorating but sometimes have a hard time putting my whole idea together. I’ll get bits and pieces out but then it doesn’t usually come together as a whole. I guess it’s just not a strength of mine!

I love leftovers! My favorite are leftover egg muffins! They taste even better the next day when the flavors set in.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Reasons to Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down- Sunday Brunches with Brother Bear

25 Sarah May 16, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Your photo wall looks amazing. For Christmas last year me and my siblings all gave my parents a ‘photo wall’ and it was so much fun to pick out all the frames and put it up for them! Our frames didn’t all match perfectly like your do though :)
Sarah recently posted..First Half Marathon Recap

26 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls May 16, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I love how your wall turned out! It’s beautiful, and it looks as if it were done by a professional. Even little decorating things you can do make a HUGE difference in a house, and can make you so happy when you see them.
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Some Workout Inspiration

27 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I LOVE that- its so cute!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my eating story- part 1

28 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

That collage is so nice! I’ve always wanted to do a wall of black frames, but haven’t developed any pictures lol. I’ve seen the template idea everywhere, and it seems like a good idea.

Aw poor crust. It’s the best part!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Sweet Ending

29 Khushboo May 16, 2011 at 11:07 pm

“. Can somebody please tell me why carrots and celery that were not cut up by me taste so much better???” – A to the MEN!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

30 Jillian May 16, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I have the same frames! It took like 2 hours for my dad and I to do the measurements exactly and Hang up. We did it slightly different than yours – love it both ways though!!

31 Brittney May 17, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’m terrible about interior decorating. We’ve lived in our house coming up on 5 years now and have one half bath, our bedroom, and one accent wall painted. That’s it! The rest is white. I love your wall! We actually do have a picture collage something like that, but without words on the accent wall in our living room. That was one house project I actually got done!
Brittney recently posted..Clyde Does Pet Palooza and I Do The Spa

32 Kristen May 17, 2011 at 11:52 am

I love decorating, but Im not the best at it. (hence my dilemia with decorating my new house……haha)
But I love the new frames!