Uncontrollable Belly Laughs

by Courtney on May 16, 2011

I know I already said it, but yesterday was a really, really good day. As I was going to bed last night, I couldn’t help but keep the ear-to-ear smile plastered on my sleepy face because I was just that happy.

To say that Jay and I have been under some added stress lately would be an understatement. The recent unemployment issue, followed by budget concerns has been at the forefront of both of our minds. I mean, it’s not like it’s brought up constantly, but it’s always lingering.

So when yesterday rolled around, and everything just started to “click,” everything began to feel right in the world. We laughed…like, a lot.

086_CourtneyJason

And not just those little, “Ohh, haha, that’s so funny” laughs. They were more like those wonderful, uncontrollable, can’t catch your breath, belly laughs.

We laughed at each other. We laughed while trying to hit the guy picking up golf balls at the driving range. We laughed when one of my “amazing” shots somehow ended up over the wall and into Jay’s bay.

I can honestly say that in the 11 years, 5 months, and 21 days that I’ve known Jay (yes, I counted) I don’t think I’ve ever heard him laugh as hard as he did yesterday.

131_CourtneyJason

And I loved every minute of it.

**********

So it’s probably no surprise that I ended up bailing on yesterday’s planned workout in favor of continuing my awesome day. No worries…I just made up for it today.

Today’s workout:

• Jillian Michael’s 6 Week Six-Pack Abs video
  • 3 mile run (on the treadmill today…finished in 26:57 no less!)
  • 10lb. Slimdown Yoga video

Post workout, I made a bee-line right for the kitchen…I was huuuuungry!

Along with my coffee, I made another cereal combo bowl. Thank goodness for at least having the five strawberries and tiny bit of almond milk in the fridge…it was slim pickins’ this morning.

Today’s combo consisted of Kashi x2 (Go Lean Crunch + Heart to Heart Cinnamon), and strawberry puffs, with vanilla almond milk and strawberries.

While snapping away at my photos, I enjoyed the wonderful aromas of these fresh lilacs that I’ve had in the house since Saturday.

To be perfectly honest, this is the only flower that I actually enjoy the smell of. Any other flowers, forget it. They’re beautiful, but they smell like nothin’ to me. Lilacs, however, are my absolute favorite.

I’ve got a pretty big to-do list today, but first up? A little grocery store action and some allergy shots. Woooo!

***FYI: Tina from Carrots ‘N’ Cake is having a Blog Bake Sale today to benefit Team for Kids. Head on over and check it out! While you’re there, feel free to put a bid in on one of my favorite cookie recipes. They could be yours! Winking smile

Question for the Day:

When’s the last time you had a really good, uncontrollable belly laugh?

1 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 16, 2011 at 9:47 am

Aw I love those days when you just feel happy and playful! My boyfriend definitely gets me laughing the most, and usually over the tiniest things!

Those lilacs are gorgeous! They remind me of corsage flowers. And the pictures of you and Jay are so cute :)

Have an awesome day, and I hope you laugh even harder!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..When it Rains

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 16, 2011 at 9:54 am

AWWW yayayayy i love uncontrollable belly laughs and i love days where you laugh yourself to sleep.. in other words.. you laugh so hard that you actually get so tired from it!
WHAt a killer kickbutt workout!

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 16, 2011 at 10:05 am

Those photos are so wonderful! Are they engagement pictures? My fiance’ and I are getting ours done this weekend.

4 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 10:16 am

Yes they are! :)

5 christina May 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

You have no idea how jealous I am of those lilacs. They are my favorite flower and I loved smelling them growing up in Massachusetts. We don’t have them in SC :(
christina recently posted..Saturday Faturday

6 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 10:16 am

Awww, really?? I didn’t know they weren’t all over…?

7 Krissie J May 16, 2011 at 10:14 am

Love the pics of you and your hubs, you two are adorable! I laughed like that earlier last week. I forget why, but I was cracking up and usually when that happens Scott cracks up with me. One thing I can say about our relationship is that humor is definitely a key aspect of it. :)

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 16, 2011 at 10:18 am

I’m so excited to hear your heart was feeling light and happy yesterday! Obviously you and Jay are under a lot of stress, but I think being able to have a great day full of laughter shows how strong your relationship is and how much you truly support each other.

9 Miranda @ working mom works out May 16, 2011 at 10:19 am

I think it’s awesome that you adjusted your schedule to enjoy good times with your husband. It’s really sweet.

10 Khushboo May 16, 2011 at 10:21 am

The first bit of this post really brought a smile to my face! All that laughter defo must have worked your abs ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

11 TheBloggersBrother May 16, 2011 at 10:28 am

2 weeks, 4 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds ago I had an uncontrollable belly laugh..yes, I counted

12 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I’m impressed! What did you do…look in the mirror?
BWAAAHAHAHHAHA ;)
Just kidding little bro!

13 Shanna, Like Banana May 16, 2011 at 10:36 am

Love love love the smell of lilacs…it’s my fave! We used to have a tree outside our house growing up and that smell was heaven.

14 Mila @ loftyappetite May 16, 2011 at 10:41 am

your pictures are gorgeous, i love natural non-posed shots of happiness like that! and oh lilacs, how i miss them! i grew up in Rochester, NY so the lilac festival and that smell this time of year is so near and dear to my heart. i have a lilac scented candle, i will have to light that today to make up for it ;)
Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..my story

15 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Good idea! I love me some lilac-scented candles :)

16 Danica May 16, 2011 at 10:44 am

Those pictures of you and Jay laughing are so gorgeous!! I love those kind of pictures, they’re such treasures!

17 Liz @ Tip Top Shape May 16, 2011 at 10:46 am

Those pictures of you two are absolutely stunning!!! Glad to hear that you two shared such a wonderful day :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Summer Pasta Salad

18 Mac May 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

I love lilacs too, where my parents live there are tons of lilacs bushes, so you can be walking or driving down the nearby streets and all you smell is lilacs!
Mac recently posted..Cucumber-Orzo Salad &amp Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Recipes

19 Melissa May 16, 2011 at 11:29 am

What a great day for you two! I’m glad you and Jay have one another during this tough time.

I laughed pretty hard at “Bridesmaids” this weekend. And I always laugh when I’m with my best friend. Being with someone who just “gets you” is the best! :)

20 RhodeyGirl May 16, 2011 at 11:34 am

All I have to say is.. you’re adorable.
RhodeyGirl recently posted..Kefta!

21 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Sabrina!!!! :-D
Thanks, girl!

22 Chelsa May 16, 2011 at 11:39 am

you two are adorable together <3
Chelsa recently posted..Calypso Love and More

23 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun May 16, 2011 at 11:40 am

I usually have belly laughs with my sister. I could use one today though that’s for sure.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Winners- Features- &amp Runs

24 Brianna May 16, 2011 at 11:45 am

I love days like that!!

25 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

Awww this post made me smile so big. I think it’s so important to just forget about the stress and let yourself relax with the people you love every once in awhile. I don’t remember my last belly laugh, but last night my boyfriend and I just hung out and watched a movie together for the first time in ages. It was great :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Protein Cereal

26 Alyssa Kuminski May 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm

i love laughing until my stomach hurts…especially with my boyfriend who is my best friend. it really puts everything into perspective to not sweat the small stuff.

nice workout this morning! you just gave me motivation :)
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Don’t forget your breakfast!

27 Heather May 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm

the start of this post – makes me happy in my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxox

[p.s. have some things to discuss with you soon - get excited!]
Heather recently posted..Get Crafty- Silhouette Art

28 Courtney May 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Ok, I’m officially excited! :-D

29 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm

So glad you had a great day yesterday. We have been under a lot of stress too and bickering/fighting like crazy. However, yesterday we had a good day too – we laughed uncontrollably just like you and Jay did. It was a perfect day.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

30 Parita @ myinnershakti May 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm

You two are a beautiful couple!!! I love it when Vishnu and I laugh like that together! It really does make you feel like you can overcome anything!
Parita @ myinnershakti recently posted..Family- Food- and Pedicures…

31 Jess (Sweet Potato) May 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Lilacs are the best! My parents have a lilac bush in their front yard, and the smell always takes me back to when I was a kid playing outside :)

32 Amanda May 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm

The two photos of you and Jay on this post are absolutely adorable! I’m on the train on my way home from work reading blogs on my phone and awwwwed out loud… oops!

33 Gillian May 17, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I love this post! We have been through a stressful time in the past while and recently got back to those deep laughs and I live for them!

34 Holly July 8, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love that you linked back to this post in your post last night.
It makes me so happy! I love all of the pictures, I love how much your happiness shines, I just love love :D

35 Courtney July 8, 2011 at 10:37 am

Thanks, Holly!
It’s one of my favorites :)