Cupcakes & Cody

Sorry for the not-so-exciting post title…I had nothin’.

Well, it’s been a fairly quiet morning around these parts today. I finished up a variety batch of cupcakes (6 cookie dough, 2 lemon-filled, and 4 raspberry filled with raspberry almond buttercream) to bring somewhere this afternoon,

and spent the rest of the time chillin’ with the Code-man. Can you guys spot his fetch toy? His food dish is actually his favorite spot to store it for some reason. He’s too funny.

And have I ever told you guys what a lazy bum my little man is? This is actually how he eats his food. He paws it out of the dish, a few cookies at a time, and then eats it off the floor.

Jay has tried numerous times to “train” him otherwise, but it just isn’t happenin’. He’s like an old man stuck in his ways. Smile

Who’s always got to be right in the middle of the action

It wouldn’t be a lunch time photo without Cody in the background!

I was feeling indecisive about lunch today, so I went with a combo that never lets me down.

Mixed veggies + hommus

And a Chobani + strawberries + blueberries bowl (which was also loaded with granola and Kashi Go Lean Crunch post photo)

These berries right here make me so happy. I swear, I could eat these babies every day. I’m so happy they’re starting to taste really good right now.

Now I’m headed out for a potentially exciting afternoon…

Catch ya on the flip side!

Question for the Afternoon:

Which foods do you really enjoy once they’re “in season?”

Do you wait to buy them when they’re in season, or do you eat them all year round?

Comments

I love that about summer time. I can eat berries of all kind by the pound & they taste better than candy! That is so funny about your cat. My dog will pick up her dog food & drop it on the floor a couple feet away from her food bowl & eat it there.

2. Angela says

Peaches! I won’t eat them until they’re in season, and only Palisade peaches will do (I’m from Colorado, they’re famous around these parts)!

I wait to buy strawberries and blueberries! And – Rainier cherries – oh, those are good :) They’re so expensive, even when they’re “in season” :) and I suppose tomatoes, too – I love getting great tomatoes for a buck/lb. – mmm. Now I’m hungry!
    Allison recently posted..Dad’s in Town

I definitely go for fruit in season–strawberries and cantaloupe just aren’t as good in December! I look forward to strawberries and sweet corn in the summer. Plus, I love that in-season produce is so much cheaper!

I get super excited for when pomegranates are in season, usually best around November. They are always big, red, and delicious! By January they start to turn into sad poms :( Therefore in the Fall I eat at least two a week to savor them until they are out of season all over again!
    Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..A Week in Pictures

HAHA Cody is the cutest thing. I love it when cats stick their paws out at something to grab it. The expressions on their faces are priceless. And I’d think pawing the food out of the bowl would take more effort…?

As usual, your cupcakes are gorgeous!

I love when watermelon season comes around. It’s definitely not good in the winter, so I make sure to eat plenty during the summer :)
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Macau- At Last

I laughed so hard about Cody pawwing his food out of his dish hahahahaha! My cat Pebbles will lay beside her water dish and drink water :) its so cute. I can’t help but laugh and love her. The funny thing is, saying that makes her sound like a fattie, but shes not by any means… she just likes to be comfortable :)

Could you send me some cupcakes please? They look to die for.

Watermelons! The ultimate summer food, and one of my favorite fruits (hence the blog title). I typically wait for summer for them though because that’s when they taste the best and go on sale.

I eat apples like there’s no tomorrow all year round though.
    Julia recently posted..A Smiling Dinner –

9. Shayla says

Thankfully bananas are all year round, I eat one everyday! I wait to buy berries until they’re in season because they’re so expensive, I find it to be a waste of money to buy them when they’re not tasting too good…I want my money well spent on delicious tasting berries!

LOVE LOVE LOVE peaches when they are in season. I order them from a place in South Carolina, the absolute BEST peaches around!! Watermelon is another good one, and honeycrisp apples! YUM! I also had yogurt for lunch, and kashi honey sunshine!!

I’m a huge sucker for fresh, in-season raspberries. And strawberries I can pick myself — and put right into my mouth :) While I think they taste the best in the summer, sometimes I’ll treat myself to them in the middle of February…the worst time of the year when I need a little sunshine in my life!

12. Brooke says

Strawberries & Watermelon! :-)

Caffeine and I have such a strong bond! It used to be an excessive relationship…at one point I got up to 6 cups a day, and I would be tired! At that point, I tried to stop, but I couldn’t…the second day without it, my legs were restless and were in so much pain from withdrawls and the headaches…ohh my gosh the headaches! I’m down to 1-2 cups a day…but even now, I can’t go a day without it otherwise the headaches kick in. I’m fine with it now though; it’s a nice little morning ritual! :-)

13. Danica says

One of my favorite things about summer is honestly the fresh fruit! Minnesota doesn’t exactly have fresh produce year round, so I completely take advantage of it all when it’s in season–strawberries and raspberries are my absolute favorites!

Peaches, peaches, PEACHES!!! In Alabama and Georgia, nothing is better than a summer peach. I WILL NOT eat them out of season or from anywhere else in the country. And I will eat 2-3 a day when they are in season. I can’t WAIT!

I am drooling while looking at the photos of your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. I think I am going to make them, but they will never look as good as yours! Also, your cat is adorable. My brother had a cat named Cody, and my parents have a lab/golden mix named Cody. The name holds a very special place in my heart!
    Also, melons like watermelon and honeydew are my favorite seasonal fruits. I only buy them in the summer.
    Jen recently posted..Road Blocks

BTW I must say, I found your blog when you guest posted for Julie at PBF. She’s like, my favorite blog to read… and your easily in my favorites now too! I just admire your healthy eating and active life bc i’m trying to be better with that too. lol you ladies inspire me!
    Laura Fredlund recently posted..GOOD MORNING –

17. Annmarie says

My cat loves to store things in her food/water bowl too! When she was a kitten she would steal any socks as she could find and put them in her bowl…

Hi, there! I’m new around here, but I already like you enough to add your blog on Favorites.

Like you, I love cats and I love even more fresh fruits. Apples are probably the best when it comes to seasons and price cause you can buy them all year round. I may have eaten trucks of them. \

strawberries are my true love and like some affairs it sometimes leaves me in tears and broke.
    Andreea @ Journey To USA recently posted..Her Post- The Day I Had My Soul On Wheels

• Courtney says

Thanks! It’s just a large round tip…I think it was second from the biggest I could find 😉

cupcake are a PASSION of mine and I just love how cute yours are! The cookie dough ones remind me of a big bowl of cookie dough ice cream! Love the swirls too :)
    Sarah recently posted..Home Sweet Home