My Very First VLOG!

Alright, so talk about stepping outside my comfort zone

I contemplated.

I listened.

You wanted my makeup routine? You got it!

I finally went for it.

And then spent my entire afternoon today trying to convert the file and actually upload it. Sheesh.

So now…four hours later, I am happy to present to you…my very first VLOG!

Please forgive the fact that the sound and video are a little off…I was done trying to fix things by this point!

Just promise you won’t laugh *too* much, ok? Winking smile

*Edited to add:

Just in case you got bored and didn’t feel like watching the rest (*wink wink*) here’s a list of all the makeup products that I use, in the order you see them mentioned:

Foundation: bareMinerals original foundation, in medium beige

Bronzer: NARS Laguna bronzing powder

Blush: Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color in Rose Bloom

Eyebrow Pencil: Cover Girl Brow & Eye Pencil in soft brown

Eyebrow Shadow: Maybelline ExpertWear Shadow in Champagne Fizz (#30)

Eye Shadow: Urban Decay in Smog & Sin

Mascara: Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion in Very Black

Eyeliner: Sephora & Maybelline brands

Concealer: Prescriptives Site Unseen Brightening Concealer in Level 3 Warm

Brushes: Sephora & Bare Essentials

Hopefully you guys enjoy!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I think I need a glass of wine and a break from the computer for now. Holy cow.

Question for the Afternoon:

What kind of a makeup routine (if any) do you have? Any tips or tricks to share?

Comments

AYYAYAYAYAYAYA YOU ARE SO FREAKING GORGEOUS_- LIKE SERIOUSLY.. wow.. so PRETTY!!!
    I USE BareMinerals!! is that the same as Bare Essentials?! sounds and looks similar! i JUST posted my makeup routine in a vlog on my blog today! no joke!

You are so beautiful! I have always wanted to try Bare Minerals but never got around to it. Have you always used it? I wear a liquid base and loose powder, was it weird to start using it? Thanks girl!

Your Vlog was so great! I am in school to be an esthetician/makeup artist and once I get a new camera I will be doing makeup how tos as well. I would ignore the people that told you you were doing your makeup wrong. It’s all in what you like. I would suggest for your brows instead of a pencil use a brush with an eyebrow shadow. I over tweezed when I was younger too and now I use Smashbox Brow Tech Trio with an angled brush. That way you don’t have the harsh line or have to use the shadow. Your beautiful though and do what you feel best with!
    Heather @ Girlyeverafter recently posted..Black Bean and Lentil Chili

4. Stephanie says

LOVED your vlog! Lots of helpful tips!
    On a separate note, I love your hair color and have been trying to find a similar shade of brown…by any chance, do you know the name of the color you use?

Thank you!

• Courtney says

Well, my mom actually does my hair, so hopefully she’ll be reading this sometime soon…
      Mom, what color am I?? ;)

My best friend is diorshow waterproof mascara. I tried to find cheap one to save some money but never found one that I loved and ended up paying a lot for cheap mascara :P. My eyelashes are already REALLY curly so no need for a eyelash curler! I also love guerlain bronzer and meteorite powder, but my quick makeup is only concealer, eyeliner and mascara.
    My friend had a liquid brush concealer and I loved it. It is my next makeup purchase :).
    Charlie recently posted..Monster Cookies

6. Danica says

Thanks for doing this!
    Question-what do you do for your makeup removal and facial cleansing/care routine? This is where I always seem to struggle…

7. Jen says

That vlog was great!! You did such a good job :) It makes me want to go out any buy everything you use! I sent it to my friend too who loves make up and different techniques.

• Jen says

Oh! I love how you said you don’t like the word “moist”. In our house it is just referred to as the “M” word. Something is “very M word” I dislike that word so much lol

Great vlog Courtney! You’re just as adorable on video as you are in pictures and when you write!

My makeup routine is similar to yours – but I have to include concealer under my eyes (Chronic dark circles) and to cover blemishes (hopefully one day I’ll grow out of them?). I do switch my makeup depending on what I’m wearing though – and I wear a lot of browns on my eyes, it really makes blue eyes pop!
    Samantha recently posted..Day 2

Too funny, I think we do everything in the opposite order: I curl lashes, then do eyeliner (on inside of eye like you!), mascara, then moisturizer, concealer, foundation, bronzer, blush. But the only time I wear that much makeup is once a month or so. I usually don’t use foundation, concealer, or bronzer for every day.

Cute!

I don’t know what you did “wrong” when you did your makeup. Hmm.. what DO you do that people think is wrong?

I’m so glad you put it up even if the video wasn’t synched correctly. I always like seeing people on video! I’m addicted now and I make tons! lol My favorite bronzer is Hoola by Benefit I think it’s on par with laguna, however it doesn’t have the shimmer like Nars Laguna has.

A lot of people I watch on Youtube put their concealer on after everything as well – mainly because you get fall out from your eyeshadow, etc. So it’s the smart way!! :)

11. dena b says

what a great debute…you are really fun to watch, plus I picked up a great tip on the making a smokey eye..thanks Courtney

Oh my god, Courtney you are so freakin’ pretty man, it’s sick someone can be so pretty. :-) I made a comment on your blog a couple months ago about your honeymoon pics in Aruba, i was curious about your blush and it turns out it was a bronzer. Did you know that Audrina from the hills also uses this bronzer. I just purchaesd it and will definitely give you credit on my blog. Thanks girl! YOu are awesome for doing this. I didn’t even laugh, I was in awe with your beauty.
    Honey @ Honey, What’s Cooking recently posted..Mushroom Masala aur Lal Mirch Subzi Mushroom Masala sauté with Red Bell Peppers

13. Mandee says

My beauty tip is… I know this sounds crazy but… The best concealor I have EVER tried (and I’ve tried sooooo many, including $40/tube kinds) is Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge only available at walmart. I bought it in a pinch bc I was going out and had run out of my usual… Walmart or drug stores are all that’s within 10 min of me. Well I am so glad I tried it! It’s very pigmented so you only have to use a teeny tiny dot each time.. And I’m covering up a lot of hyperpigmentation throughout my face. This stuff covers EVERYTHING! And it lasts! St Patricks day we were out and about, dancing and sweating up a storm, then walking in the rain… Checked my makeup at the end of the day and it was still on. That never happens! I would compare this concealor to Amazing Cosmetics’ concealor… Which is the best and most expesive concealor I ever bought. Glamoflauge is like $6! And comes with a concealing pencil. You cannot beat that.

So yeah I definitely recommend this to anyone who has discoloration they try to conceal. The bad thing is it only comes in 3 shades and walmart tends to run out of stock for long periods of time… But lucky for me I’m pale as a ghost in the winter, so the lightest shade works perfectly… And this one tube will last forever!

Oh and lash blast fusion rocks! My fav is diorshow iconic, but lash blast fusion is by far the best drug store brand. Ive tried them all too! Hahaha! Thanks for the fun post!

14. Mandee says

Omg I must be delirious. I can’t believe I just left a comment a mile long. That’s what happens when you type on your phone and can’t scroll back up to reread what you wrote! Sorry! I must really love that concealor!

• Courtney says

Hahaha, no way! That would be so fun…but I don’t have the right bachelor’s degree or experience :(
      I’d be such a goofball!

15. Shayla says

You are too cute and absolutely gorgeous Courtney!! Love your voice too, you should be a news anchor! ;)

I use bare minerals too and absolutely love it…and I want to give your bronzer and blush a try, I love the way it looks on you and I think we have similar skin tones so I want to give it a go. In another post can you list the name of all the makeup products you used? And I’m with you on riming my inner eyelids….it makes our eyes pop for us brown-eyed girls ;)

Thanks so much again for doing a vlog! You’re absolutely adorable and gorgeous and I hope you do another one soon! Maybe one on how you do your hair…I like the way it was done in this vlog!

16. Maria says

Hi Courtney,
    I’ve been following your blog for quite some time now, but this is my first time commenting. Your Vlog is too cute and you are one beautiful girl:) You keep us so interested in what’s next each day…..oh, and I love to read “TheBloggersBrother” comments…you guys are too cute!

Also, NO you are not the only one that opens their mouth when putting on mascara….I can’t seem to close my mouth during that step either:)

• Courtney says

Hi Maria! Your comment is so sweet…I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks so much for reading, AND commenting! I always love hearing from my readers…especially the “quiet” ones. ;)

LOVED the vlog and the makeup tips. i’m one of those people who could just sit in a salon all day because i love to watch what other people do to get their hair or makeup to look a certain way so your vid was right up my alley. i keep wanting to try bare essentials/bare minerals (are they the same??) and reading all the comments just proves i really need too since it seems everyone loves it. have fun on your trip!!!

I love vlogs! and you did a good job. I will say, I dont use as much makeup as you, but with a 5 year old I dont have more than a few seconds haha

Yay! Thank you for doing this. This is great and informative. You are so pretty, and I kind of want to make a trip to Albany to get make up tips from your mom now, she seems great! :)

Trackbacks