In A Tizzy

As I was buzzing around this morning throwing myself into a tizzy, I realized that there’s actually a couple things that I have been meaning to mention to you guys but just haven’t gotten around to it.

First up…why am I in a tizzy and why did I mention this morning that I was packing?

Well, that’s because I’m headed to FitBloggin’11!

My flight for Baltimore departs at 6am tomorrow morning (the super early flights always seem like such a great idea at the time…), which Jay is mighty excited to get up and drop me off at the airport for. What a guy. Winking smile

This will be my first time attending FitBloggin’, but since I love networking and meeting new people like I did at last year’s HLS, then I’m sure it’s bound to be a blast.

I also must include, and I’m not ashamed to say, that my wonderful mom & dad helped sponsor part of my traveling expenses for this weekend’s trip. Don’t worry, we all made out pretty well in the deal.

Now since I’m almost done packing (finally…) I’ll just have to remind myself to relax, have fun, and not worry about doing everything and meeting everyone…but on the other hand, I really do want to meet as many peeps as possible, so if ya see me…come say hi!

I promise, I’m fun. Smile with tongue out

*******

The other thing I forgot to mention to you guys…I recently added a “Blog Love” tab along the top of the page! As the page says, it’s still a total work in progress, so if there’s something super important I left out, make sure ya let me know, mmmk?

********

Lunch

Mid-morning, I whipped up a batch of my favorite traveling snack: trail mix. I ended up having quite a few handfuls of the stuff.

My mix includes almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, raisins, banana chips, dried cranberries, yogurt covered raisins, and some granola. It’s kind of amazing.

If it wasn’t for the fact that lunch was right around the corner, I quite possibly would have finished off half the mix. Yikes.

For lunch, I put together a sandwich using an Everything Thomas’ Bagel Thin, a couple slices of deli chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and cranberry honey mustard.

My favorite part of the sandwich? Definitely the bread and butter pickles. So so good!

On the side, I had some baby carrots and had originally planned on the apple, too, but I decided to save it for a little bit later.

Which will probably go right along with the iced coffee I have waiting for me in the fridge. Addicted? Yes, maybe.

Question for the Afternoon:

Have you ever attended a big conference/networking event? What are your favorite and least favorite parts?

Comments

I attended the American Dietetic Association conference when I was still a student (the discounted rates were incredible!). My favorite parts were the product expo (trying a ton of new things) and the fact that it was in Chicago – such a neat city and it was my first time visiting! I wasn’t a good networker as a student but would definitely take more advantage of that opportunity now.

• Courtney says

Cranberry honey mustard IS amazing! If you ever find it, you MUST try it. I get mine at Price Chopper, Central Market Brand. It’s sooooo good :)

I am so jealous of you and going to FitBloggin! I wish I could of gone! I hope you have tons of fun!! I haven’t been to any big conferences but I have been to my fair share of trade shows! I have been to Interbike in Las Vegas a ton of times…it was even my Honeymoon!
    Chelsea recently posted..BBQ Chicken and Slaw

I haven’t personally been to an entire convention, but I’ve visited my mom at some of the ones her job sponsors. My favorite part is always the big room where they have all of the displays up! My least favorite would be trying to find my way around, haha!

And thank you for reminding me to add pickles to my shopping list! YUM! :)
    Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

Oh, that trail mix looks DIVINE! There is a grocery store near me that has an amazing bulk foods section with lots of varieties of trail mix. The one with dried pineapple chunks and peanut butter chips is my favorite. Portion control is VERY important for me 😉

I’m really hoping to attend a big conference/blogger summit one day! Seems like a great opportunity to get to know people IRL and also hear about all of the great things people are doing. Bloggers are so knowledgeable…and generous!

Have fun :)

What is fit bloggin’11? A convention of all fitness bloggers? It sounds awesome, and what a cool way to meet people with similar interests. Maybe someday that’ll be in the cards for me. have fun!

I wish I were going to Fitbloggin’. Part of me isn’t going because I didn’t want to take off a day of schol so close to the end of the year, and the othe rpart couldn’t spend the money when registration was going on. Phooey.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

AHHH I WISH I COULD GO SO SO BAD!!!!! I would love to play with you all weekend!! That sandwich looks absolutely amazing….come cooke for me. I got your twitter message via email (can’t get on twitter at work boo) and so I thought I would just comment with the answer:) janaejacobs22@gmail.com. Homemade granola=brilliant. Have the best weekend ever!
    janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Refueling and fashion tips from Janae for free

• Courtney says

Awesome! I’ll come cook for you (er, make sandwiches) if you bring me out for ice cream and fro yo every day. Deal? 😉

I have yet to attend a conference, but I am really wanting to! Maybe HLS this coming year?! Are you going to be attending that one, too? I can’t wait to hear how Fitbloggin’ goes… so many people are going! PS, love your “BlogLove” page… i might make one, too… instead of a blogroll on the side of my blog… hm!
    Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Oh- Happy Day!

Have fun! Seems like a really neat conference to attend – and I love Baltimore! Make sure you make it to the Inner Harbor, especially if the weather is nice.

I still haven’t been to a blogger conference… considering HLS this summer, or one of the food-dedicate ones next year…
    Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Whole Wheat Brown Butter Cookies

10. Christine says

Hope you have a great time in Baltimore! I’m from Baltimore and love the city. Make sure to get a crab cake at the inner harbor! :)