Fitbloggin’ Day 2: Friends & Fun

by Courtney on May 21, 2011

I’d love to tell you that I started off Day 2 of Fitbloggin’ with a nice long, sweaty run, or a kick-butt Pilates session…but alas, I did not.

Instead, I “slept in” until about 6:30 so I could be up and ready for this morning’s breakfast. I’m honestly still feeling a little pooped, so I wanted to try to catch up on the sleep as much as possible. Priorities, my friends!

This morning’s breakfast, which was sponsored by Eggland’s Best, was filled with eggs, cereals, fresh fruits, aaaaaaand oatmeal.

I dug right in to a warm, hearty bowl of oats, topping it off with some fresh berries, dried cranberries, granola, and a drizzle of honey. This stuff was good. I seriously can’t even remember when the last time was that I had a warm bowl of oats…?

Breakfast also included a delicious smoothie sample from Powered by Red Cherries. Powered by Red has a booth here this weekend, and I’ve actually learned some pretty great info about the health benefits of cherries.

After breakfast, I attended one of the sessions on how to change your blog from a hobby into a career. There were some really good points that were made, and some interesting things mentioned that I had never really thought about.

Julie and I were working hard on our note-taking. Winking smile

After the session, I spent a little more time exploring the expo, where I happened to manage looking like a super-tool while posing for a picture with the one and only Holly Perkins. She was SO super sweet in person…Holly, will you come and be my personal trainer, please?? I promise, I’ll make you cupcakes in return… Winking smile

In lieu of attending the next scheduled session, a group of us decided to head outside for a walk around town.

It is absolutely beautiful here in Baltimore today, so we really couldn’t let the sunshine go to waste.

IMG_3444IMG_3435

Me, Gracie, & Gabriela

Cynthia & Me…my airport pickup pal!

“Everyone wave and do something cheesy!”

IMG_3442IMG_3446

Once we got back from our walk, it was lunchtime baby, so we all made a beeline right for the food.

Today’s lunch was full of delicious goodies, including three-bean quinoa, roasted mixed veggies, roasted potato salad, and this amazing apple and green salad provided by Tasteful Selections. Luckily, I have the recipe for this baby in my possession, so I’m thinking a recreation at home is definitely necessary.

I also ended up trying a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger, which were being cooked up nearby. I chose the California Burger, and this thing was seriously awesome. I’ve got my coupons, and I WILL be looking for these next time I’m out grocery shopping.

Today’s dessert was more fruit, plus trail mix from Powered by Red.

The trail mix included dried cherries, dark chocolate, and walnuts, which I gave to Gabriela. Sorry, I still have yet to jump on the walnut bandwagon…

********

I feel like there’s already been so much going on today, and there’s still a ton more to come. Time to tune in a little more on this SEO presentation…so much fun!

Question for the Day:

What food bandwagon do you have yet to jump on?

Besides walnuts, I’m also not a fan of the olives…blech!

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm

ahahah i just read gabrielas post about ur guys’ walk and lunch! love it!! wish i cud be there! looks like a blast!

2 Kelly May 21, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I like black olives but not green olives…blech!

I never got on the maca powder bandwagon. That stuff is just nasty to me!
Kelly recently posted..peanut butter bread

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Looks like an incredible day! You seem to really be enjoying yourself!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

4 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 21, 2011 at 2:00 pm

The whole peanut flour bandwagon is a mystery to me. I’d rather have real pb!
I did win some flour in a giveaway recently – but I haven’t tried it yet!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..The Only Way

5 Joanna May 21, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I can’t jump on the pickle bandwagon .. I don’t like them on their own, so I definitely won’t be adding them to any of my sandwiches or salads anytime soon.

6 Bethany May 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm

avocados, yucky.
Bethany recently posted..Will the sun EVER shine again

7 Emily May 21, 2011 at 3:40 pm

it looks like there is so much amazing food at the conference, I’m so jealous :)

I can’t get into hummus. I try so hard to eat it, but I just don’t like it! I also haven’t jumped on the green monster smoothie band wagon either.
Emily recently posted..the week in review and some fashion friday

8 Jen May 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I won’t eat walnuts either, and I despise mushrooms, and I’m still trying to grow up and like fish, but so far, I’ll only consume it and enjoy it if it’s fresh, beer battered, and deep fried. *sigh* Which means, I’m still not eating fish…

9 Lauren May 21, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I just cannot get into Fish. I really want to like it, I just don’t…
Lauren recently posted..A Brunch Recipe – Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Dip

10 Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 21, 2011 at 7:20 pm

What a wonderful recap, it looks like you and everyone is having so much fun!
I cannot get into Vanilla Almond milk, ick!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Prepping a Family Gathering

11 Jordan May 21, 2011 at 8:17 pm

looks like you’re having lots of fun with awesome girls and good food! glad it’s been a good experience so far!!
Jordan recently posted..I’m Back -

12 pat May 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I’ve tried forever to like carrots………….just can’t do it

13 Khushboo May 22, 2011 at 12:18 am

Whaaaaat!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

14 Courtney May 22, 2011 at 11:13 am

Hahahaha…I can attest to this. It IS the truth!

15 qq:) May 21, 2011 at 10:19 pm

wow super nice
qq:) recently posted..new change

16 Laura@mypurposefullife May 21, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Looks like such a fun day! I have never been to Baltimore, but it definitely looks gorgeous right on the water. I have yet to try overnight oats-although I think they sound delicious!
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..Shedding My Fear of Vulnerability

17 Julia May 22, 2011 at 12:14 am

I HATE olives. I’ve been scarred ever since I was little and ate one thinking it was a grape.
I’m also not a huge fan of almond butter. I mean at times it’s good and is great in recipes, but if given a choice I will always be loyal to plain old peanut butter.
Julia recently posted..Lazy Day

18 Khushboo May 22, 2011 at 12:17 am

Sprinkles! Everyone seems to love ‘em…not for me!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

19 Katy (The Singing Runner) May 22, 2011 at 9:34 am

Beautiful weather you were having there! Uber jealous! ;)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..I Have A Box

20 Greta May 22, 2011 at 11:38 am

Thanks for all of the great food photos!! YUM!
Greta recently posted..FitBloggin Wrap Up Part 1—What I Learned

21 Sam May 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I’m not a fan of olives either! There’s not much I won’t eat, but olives tops the list. Blue cheese is pretty high up there as well. I do love walnuts though!

Fit Bloggin’ looks like such a blast!
Sam recently posted..Your Typical Introduction

22 kerry May 23, 2011 at 4:06 am

aww this looks so fun! That talk about turning your blog into a career seems really good! :) I bet you got some good tips! x
kerry recently posted..Protein for energy