How Did It All Fit?

Only a quick, one hour plane ride, and I was back home this morning after my fantastic Fitbloggin’ weekend. I can’t stop reminiscing over what a good time I had…I want to do it again!

image

(photo courtesy of Anne)

As soon as I got home, I basically dumped all of my stuff out onto my bed,

curled up on the couch, and took a nap. I swear, I fell asleep in a matter of seconds, and ended up snoozing for about an hour. I really needed it.

Once I woke up, I figured I should try to organize and put away all of that awesome swag I told you guys about. I still can’t get over all these goodies, and I have no idea how I was able to make it all fit into my suitcase?

IMG_3519IMG_3524

Out of all of the wonderful sponsors at Fitbloggin’, I would have to say that New Balance was definitely quite generous. Not only did I snag a pair of workout capris and a new set of earbuds…

IMG_3518IMG_3521

but I also got two new pairs of shoes. Talk about some serious swag, right?

I initially received just the running shoes (pictured left), which are the WR890. If you remember, I actually just bought a new pair of running shoes, so while I was at the expo, I asked one of the representatives if it would be alright for me to swap my running shoes for a pair of walking shoes. I love the occasional walk, ya know.

Well, the woman I spoke with was so nice, that she generously offered to just give me a pair of the walking shoes too. I was floored. The walking shoes are the WW850, which features their True Balance toning technology. I am really excited to try these babies.

Thanks again, New Balance!

*********

Since I have seriously been lacking in the energy department today, I was more than thrilled with Jay offered to cook dinner. This is a rare occurrence my friends…but when it happens, he comes ready to deliver.

And once again, he delivered an amazing meal!

Last week, he came across a recipe in the Short Order Cook section of his Men’s Health magazine for a Buffalo Grilled Chicken Sandwich, which both of us agreed, sounded incredible. Now I know I’m not usually one for spicy foods, but I can still certainly appreciate an occasional date with my friend, Mr. Frank’s Red Hot.

For some reason, the recipe is not yet on their website, but I’m definitely going to share it with you later this week. Not only is it healthified, with an amazing blue cheese spread, but it will rock your socks…and the socks of anyone else around you.

Hubby was quite proud of his work, as he should have been. Smile

While Jay worked his magic on the chicken sandwiches, I took care of the veggies by steaming a bag of frozen green beans and adding a small batch of grilled grape tomatoes. I just sprayed ‘em with a little cooking spray, added some S&P, put them on a sheet of foil, and tossed them on the grill for about 10 minutes.

Seeing as though I was just cooking them up so they wouldn’t go bad, they actually turned out a lot better than I expected.

Even my tomato-hating husband liked them…I think he was happy with me. Cody, on the other hand, does not seem to be too happy with me.

Once it again, it appears as if we are not on speaking terms. I think he must be a little upset that I left him for a couple of days? He just keeps sticking his nose up at me,

and he won’t even play fetch.

Nope. He wants nothin’ to do with his mama today.

Perhaps I’ll be able to lure him into my good graces with some chicken scraps… Winking smile

*********

I have a feeling it is going to be an early bedtime for me tonight. I’m excited to get back into some regular exercise tomorrow (after three days off) and to go and sleep in my own bed; that is, as soon as I go clean all my stuff off of it…

Question for the Evening:

What’s the last thing you cooked “on a whim” and turned out to be really good?

Comments

stir fry! i just throw whatever in and stir….most times i’ve been lucky and it’s come out good! :)

awww, cody is mad at mama! that’s so cute. hopefully he’ll forgive you for leaving him soon. hahahaha.

Those are some serious goodies! New Balance rocks. I love when my hubby cooks–he’s very meticulous (ie takes for-ever), but it always tastes amazing.

• Courtney says

They’re available to anyone! I had to pay my own way for it, of course, but it was well worth it :)

Lucky lucky girl!!! I should have gone just because I could really use some new shoes! 😉

I made a roasted veggie panini on the fly tonight and it actually turned out really well!
    Melissa recently posted..Beginner’s Luck

Oh my gosh, look at all that swag! Sounds like the conference was a total blast and success. How nice that you had a great weekend and plenty of recovery time today. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
    Kate recently posted..not clear for takeoff

my cat *always* gets mad at me when I leave overnight! its so funny how they have such distinct personalities.

The last thing I cooked on a whim was a bag of frozen mixed vegetables with a little soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and onions and it came out so yummy! There are so many spices/flavors you can add to enhance veggies :)
    Emily recently posted..the week in review and some fashion friday

Your cat is funny! Cody reminds me a lot of my cat, Nala….they look so much alike!

I used to just cook on a whim every night! Blogging has taken some of the fun out if it in that way because now I want to make sure I have something planned so I can post! LOL Most of the time I have part of my meal planned and then I throw caution to the wind and see what happens. I might know that I am going to make chicken, but I have no idea what the actual meal will be :)
    Farrah recently posted..Cheese Danishes

That swag bag is a joke- such amazing goodies! So sweet of Jay to cook you dinner although my future hubby (whoever he may be) might have issues: the bar has been raised mwahah! On a whim, I made Jenna from EatLiveRun’s beet & goat cheese risotto for lunch yesterday and I was SO impressed. So easy to make and so delicious- can’t recommend it enough!
    Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

8. Megan says

Looked like so much fun- not to mention the awesome swag that came along with it! The other day I had a craving for pizza and pasta…so I made some chicken pesto pizza on whole wheat pitas. Stuck them under broil in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and heat up the chicken and VOILA! It was delish :)

9. Kathryn says

I run in the New Balance 890s and I work at Fleet Feet Syracuse. Trust me its a great running shoe. Its soo light!! Def give it a try.

Wow – AMAZING goodies you picked up! That conference looks like a blast – I may have to look into something like that once I really get good at this blogging thing!

A couple of weeks ago I was hungry and didn’t feel like cooking much – I boiled up pasta, threw in a little butter, and I sauteed a diced tomato and some pepperoncini, mixed it all together with a little salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. It was DELICIOUS!
    Samantha recently posted..When Training Doesnt Go As Planned Day 7 &amp Weekend Recap

you got away wins TONS of fun stuff!!! those thorlo socks are amammaazzinnggg I have ONE pair because they are a million dollars a pair (only slightly exaggerating)
    Sarah recently posted..Recognized

12. Sarah Elizabeth says

I have the WR890 running shoes from New Balance! They’re so lightweight; I love them.