Crab Cakes with Avocado-Mango Salsa

Ever since my less-than-stellar experience with crab cakes this past weekend in Maryland, I really haven’t been able to get them off of my mind. I built up all the excitement, only to be let down with shell-laden crab(less) cakes.

So what’s a girl to do??…

She makes her own!

While I was prepping tonight’s dinner, I enjoyed sipping on a little brewski with my friend, Samuel Adams. Perhaps you know him?

Jay mentioned to me yesterday that he enjoyed a couple of these Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beers over the weekend while he was out. But he also said that they were served on tap with a maraschino cherry on the bottom.

Cherries in my beer? Yes please! I’m really liking this beer, and the fact that you can actually smell cherry before even sipping it. It’s my kinda brew.

But anyways, let’s get to the important stuff…crab cakes.

I’ve had a can of crab meat in my cabinet for a while now, and seeing as though I haven’t been able to get the crabby cakes out of my mind, I figured it was a good time to put it to use.

Let me just say…these crab cakes were unbelievably easy to make, require only a few easy, healthy ingredients, and tasted ahhh-mazing…especially when topped with my homemade Avocado-Mango Salsa. They totally put Mo’s crap cakes to shame.

*********

*********

I will tell you that even my shellfish-hesitant hubby gave me the double take when I forced asked him to try a bite. He even gave them a “Wow, these are really good, Courtney” which says a lot. Trust me.

Since I was totally loving the salsa, I made an excuse to have more of it by serving some more on top of a pile of romaine lettuce.

I think I can now say that my need for delicious crab cakes has definitely now been fulfilled.

Me and my belly are very, very satisfied. Smile

Time to go relax for a little bit with the boys…I think I hear them playing fetch as I type!

Comments

Those look amazing!! I will most definitely be making them for dinner tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe :). I love blue moon just for the orange…adding cherries to that beer sounds so good! Summery meal!
    Jamie recently posted..run girl- run

2. HeatherB says

“crap cakes” – that made me laugh out loud! Curious…does your hubby not eat your healthy versions of meals or does he just not like shellfish?? My husband always rolls his eyes when I makeover a meal, even though it’s always delish!! And he knows it 😉

Cherries in the bottom of beer?! Why, I’ve never heard of such an amazing concept! I love it :-) Your dinner tonight has my mouth watering from the salsa to the crab cakes and the cherry on the top. If I were not STILL at the office, I swear I might get the motivation to make this meal. But alas, looks like another quickie dinner night. I’m filing this one under recipes I must must try!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..A Cupcake Photo Shoot in the Empire State

That salsa looks incredible! I’m not a huge crab cake fan, but these look delicious, not too much filling! I will have to try them , perfect for a summer evening and perhaps some fruity drinks :)

YAY!!! So relieved to see that you’ve had a decent crab cake experience now, phew :) Oh, and when I get married one of these days, I pretty much want to be YOU as a wife (because cereal for dinner when I have a hubs prooobably isn’t going to cut it, haha).

LOVED hanging out with you this weekend. Hopefully we can see each other again some time soon! xoxo G
    Gracie recently posted..go bold or go home

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat beer is my absolute favorite beer! It is such a treat! It really does have such a great cherry flavoring to it! Speaking of which, I need to pick up some to enjoy at home :)

I LOVE these crab cakes and I love the avocado-mango salsa! I like that this is such a light and summery dish! I am totally going to make this sometime soon!! :)
    Hope recently posted..The Phillies &amp The Cadillac Culinary Challenge…

I definitely want to try this recipe! I love crab cakes (and avocado!) so it’s right up my alley.

ps, Cherry Wheat is one of my favorite beers. I haven’t seen it on tap anywhere, but the cherry on the bottom is genius!!!
    Christina recently posted..Fenway Park!

8. Julie says

Those look amazing! Do you think if I made the mix and only baked two the first night (since it’s just me!) that the rest of the mix would still be ok to bake the last two cakes the next day?

9. Samantha says

Wow, this looks unbelievable! I made your Mango Salsa and put it over spiced talapia a few nights ago and oh. my. gosh, it was soooo good! Love it!

Trackbacks