If You Thought I Was Fibbing Before…

by Courtney on May 23, 2011

Today had to have been the hardest I’ve laughed since, well, probably last weekend. But when I tell you that I was *this close* to peeing my pants from laughing so hard, I really am not kidding…and I have this guy to thank.

Yup, we’re back on speaking terms. He really can’t stay mad at his mama for too long…I mean, how could he? Winking smile

This afternoon, Jay actually came home and joined the two of us for lunch, so of course, Cody wanted in on some fetch.

Now, just in case you thought I was fibbing you before…here’s how it works. Jay gets set up on the couch with the milk jug tab after Cody brings it back. He winds up, tosses it, and…

WHEEEEEE!!! He actually jumped so high on this one I barely caught him in the shot.

My man has some serious ups, right?? I’m such a proud mama.

“Watch out Mom! I’m Suuuuuper Kitty. Meowwwwww!”

If that right there doesn’t put a smile on your face today…well, I don’t know what will. Winking smile

***********

Once Cody was finally tired out from his fetch frenzy, I got back to working on today’s lunch.

I cooked up a big batch of quinoa, which I’ve been meaning to do for about, ohh, forever now and incorporated it into this afternoon’s meal.

I simply reheated some of last night’s green beans and grilled tomatoes, added in some steamed spinach, chopped red onion, a little Chavrie goat cheese, and my salad dressing obsession, and let it all heat through.

I then topped it off with about a tablespoon of slivered almonds, which provided the perfect little amount of crunch. It was fantastic.

Now I’m off to go find a little something for my sweet tooth…

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s one thing that has put a smile on your face today? Open-mouthed smile

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm

That made me laugh out loud!

2 Alicia May 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

lunch looks good!! love the pictures of Cody, he is a cutie!
Alicia recently posted..Summer Lovin’

3 Brittany May 23, 2011 at 1:50 pm

OMG – that is one massive jump and I love that you were able to snap a photo of it.
Brittany recently posted..The Craziness of Fit Bloggin’ Day 2

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 23, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Looks like a recipe that should be on the box! Cody looks so tiny in the first photo!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Recent Eats

5 Krissie J May 23, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Your kitty has some serious ups! My kitty Aki plays fetch a little differently. If you toss one of her mouseys down the stairs, she charges after and then drops it back at your feet and waits for you to toss it again. It’s hilarious! I’ll have to get a video or pics sometime!
Krissie J recently posted..Cleaning Cars and Planting Stuff

6 Farrah May 23, 2011 at 1:57 pm

First of all, I can’t believe you were able to get that shot of him in mid air! Fantastic! That quinoa looks great! I just bought some and haven’t made it up yet…looking at your pictures has me wanting to make some now!
Farrah recently posted..Cheese Danishes

7 Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. May 23, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Cody is adorable! I love how he’s playing with that little piece of plastic…my cat (RIP, Sam) used to love playing with the milk jug fasteners and rubberbands. How are cats so aerodynamic? It’s so entertaining!

8 Jillian May 23, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I love taking leftovers and revamping it into a totally new meal. That looks amazing!

9 Karis' Kitchen May 23, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Loving the pics of Cody. So cool that you were able to capture him in mid-air!
Karis’ Kitchen recently posted..Milwaukee Food Tours – Third Ward

10 Silvia @ skinny jeans food May 23, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Wow, this is some jumping cat! My two older cats do the same thing when I have to travel. Their feelings are hurt. Once I had to leave for 5 weeks, and my cat Chanelle gave me the look a la “the only excuse for you being gone so long would have been that you are DEAD! but you are not!” He ignored me for 2 days, and suddenly shot around the house while was weeding the raised bed and could not stop giving me kisses for like 10min. Then he saw the neighbors’ cat and beating up neighbors’ cat was obviously more important.
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan Mushroom Soup

11 Julia May 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Cody is so cute! Those pictures are hilarious. It’s funny your asking what made us smile today because last night I decided I would add a “happy thought” to my blog about something that made me smile.

Today was probably my dog cuddling with me this morning. She was all warm from laying in the sun (which I might copy in a moment).
Julia recently posted..Lazy Day

12 Jess (Sweet Potato) May 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm

That third picture of cody is amazing and hilarious. Love it!
Jess (Sweet Potato) recently posted..Veggie Pockets

13 Megan (Braise The Roof) May 23, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Yowza, that cat can jump! How old is Cody now? Maybe you should sign him up for some kind of kitty sports camp.
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..The Sun is Shining…

14 Courtney May 24, 2011 at 7:27 am

Cody will be 2 in August! I think maybe I should look into that kitty sports camp…thanks, Megan. ;)

15 Lindsey May 23, 2011 at 3:27 pm

That’s awesome!

Being able to walk after running a marathon yesterday made me smile this morning! Oh and the much needed rain outside – even though I am typically a fan of rain!
Lindsey recently posted..Race Day Recap!

16 Erica May 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm

omg! that’s crazy! you need to catch that on video! maybe it’ll be your next vlog post!!!!

17 Karen May 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Coming home from work and seeing my hubby and two cats!!

18 Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) May 23, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Those were some awesome pictures!

Getting up earlier than my two-year-old to exercise in peace and quiet put a smile on my face, and then watching him have a blast at a gymnastics place really put a smile on my face!
Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) recently posted..I Need to do This More Often

19 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 23, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Hahaha I love that. Our cats just play with air sometimes. It’s hilarious to watch. Pets are the ultimate way to smile!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Unpack to Repack

20 Kristi May 23, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Omg… that’s so funny. I love the picks!

21 Kelly May 23, 2011 at 4:30 pm

That’s hilarious…a cat that fetches! :) You should video it and send it into America’s Funniest Home Videos!!
Kelly recently posted..thoughts- feelings and behavior

22 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm

How cute! Cody is adorable :D

23 Laurel May 23, 2011 at 5:19 pm

What a great cat! Your lunch makes me drool – so yummy!
Laurel recently posted..Interview with Bravos Rosie Pope

24 JaNelle May 23, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I got into a fight with a lizard who decided to crawl into the house. Broke the broom. Texted my hubs and he quoted the line from Tombstone .. told the lizard he called down the thunder.. almost peed my pants!

25 colleen @ thegiftofmondays May 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm

i’ve never tried quinoa before…is it similar to rice? and thanks for reminding me i have spinach in the fridge…i totally forgot! time to go make a spinach smoothie…super YUM!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..i wonder if God hates mondays too

26 Courtney May 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm

It’s somewhat similar I’d say, but still unique at the same time. DEFINITELY worth trying!!

27 Alexa @ Simple Eats May 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Cody is too cute! Hearing my momma’s voice definitely made me smile today :)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Friday Favorites

28 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 23, 2011 at 9:38 pm

ahahaha!!!! That is hilarious!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

29 Brenda @Year 25 May 23, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Action shots are the best! Today my dog sitting in our strawberry patch chowing down on unripened strawberries cracked me up! He even had the exaggerated chewing going on where he opened his mouth all the way each time. Of course, after laughing at him, I had to yell at him to get out and save some berries for the rest of us!
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Week 18- Laughing A LOT

30 Khushboo May 24, 2011 at 12:46 am

U are on a recipe roll! I bet some raisins would be a fantastic addition!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

31 Meg May 24, 2011 at 9:12 am

HAHA I adore this! Your cat is amazing. I love it when animals do strange and hilarious things.
Meg recently posted..Yikes

32 Tara Burner May 24, 2011 at 12:07 pm

LOL to your cat! amazing!
your lunch looks yummmmmmy
and smile on my face…hmmmmm my daughter, the fact that I’ve got a few meetings this week that could bring great things…the fact that I’m breathing…all bring smiles to my face lol
Tara Burner recently posted..Terrific Tuesday

33 Brittney May 24, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hahahaha :) Awesome action shots of cody! I need to try that when Greg is playing fetch with Clyde!
Brittney recently posted..Surprise Times 2 and Wine Times 4