If You Thought I Was Fibbing Before…

Today had to have been the hardest I’ve laughed since, well, probably last weekend. But when I tell you that I was *this close* to peeing my pants from laughing so hard, I really am not kidding…and I have this guy to thank.

Yup, we’re back on speaking terms. He really can’t stay mad at his mama for too long…I mean, how could he? Winking smile

This afternoon, Jay actually came home and joined the two of us for lunch, so of course, Cody wanted in on some fetch.

Now, just in case you thought I was fibbing you before…here’s how it works. Jay gets set up on the couch with the milk jug tab after Cody brings it back. He winds up, tosses it, and…

WHEEEEEE!!! He actually jumped so high on this one I barely caught him in the shot.

My man has some serious ups, right?? I’m such a proud mama.

“Watch out Mom! I’m Suuuuuper Kitty. Meowwwwww!”

If that right there doesn’t put a smile on your face today…well, I don’t know what will. Winking smile

***********

Once Cody was finally tired out from his fetch frenzy, I got back to working on today’s lunch.

I cooked up a big batch of quinoa, which I’ve been meaning to do for about, ohh, forever now and incorporated it into this afternoon’s meal.

I simply reheated some of last night’s green beans and grilled tomatoes, added in some steamed spinach, chopped red onion, a little Chavrie goat cheese, and my salad dressing obsession, and let it all heat through.

I then topped it off with about a tablespoon of slivered almonds, which provided the perfect little amount of crunch. It was fantastic.

Now I’m off to go find a little something for my sweet tooth…

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s one thing that has put a smile on your face today? Open-mouthed smile

Comments

Your kitty has some serious ups! My kitty Aki plays fetch a little differently. If you toss one of her mouseys down the stairs, she charges after and then drops it back at your feet and waits for you to toss it again. It’s hilarious! I’ll have to get a video or pics sometime!
    Krissie J recently posted..Cleaning Cars and Planting Stuff

First of all, I can’t believe you were able to get that shot of him in mid air! Fantastic! That quinoa looks great! I just bought some and haven’t made it up yet…looking at your pictures has me wanting to make some now!
    Farrah recently posted..Cheese Danishes

Cody is adorable! I love how he’s playing with that little piece of plastic…my cat (RIP, Sam) used to love playing with the milk jug fasteners and rubberbands. How are cats so aerodynamic? It’s so entertaining!

Wow, this is some jumping cat! My two older cats do the same thing when I have to travel. Their feelings are hurt. Once I had to leave for 5 weeks, and my cat Chanelle gave me the look a la “the only excuse for you being gone so long would have been that you are DEAD! but you are not!” He ignored me for 2 days, and suddenly shot around the house while was weeding the raised bed and could not stop giving me kisses for like 10min. Then he saw the neighbors’ cat and beating up neighbors’ cat was obviously more important.
    Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan Mushroom Soup

Cody is so cute! Those pictures are hilarious. It’s funny your asking what made us smile today because last night I decided I would add a “happy thought” to my blog about something that made me smile.

Today was probably my dog cuddling with me this morning. She was all warm from laying in the sun (which I might copy in a moment).
    Julia recently posted..Lazy Day

• Courtney says

Cody will be 2 in August! I think maybe I should look into that kitty sports camp…thanks, Megan. ;)

That’s awesome!

Being able to walk after running a marathon yesterday made me smile this morning! Oh and the much needed rain outside – even though I am typically a fan of rain!
    Lindsey recently posted..Race Day Recap!

I got into a fight with a lizard who decided to crawl into the house. Broke the broom. Texted my hubs and he quoted the line from Tombstone .. told the lizard he called down the thunder.. almost peed my pants!

• Courtney says

It’s somewhat similar I’d say, but still unique at the same time. DEFINITELY worth trying!!

Action shots are the best! Today my dog sitting in our strawberry patch chowing down on unripened strawberries cracked me up! He even had the exaggerated chewing going on where he opened his mouth all the way each time. Of course, after laughing at him, I had to yell at him to get out and save some berries for the rest of us!
    Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Week 18- Laughing A LOT

LOL to your cat! amazing!
    your lunch looks yummmmmmy
    and smile on my face…hmmmmm my daughter, the fact that I’ve got a few meetings this week that could bring great things…the fact that I’m breathing…all bring smiles to my face lol
    Tara Burner recently posted..Terrific Tuesday