Step Right Up

by Courtney on May 23, 2011

Good morning, friends! Did you all have just as busy of a weekend as I did? Just in case you’re catching up, here are some recaps of my Fitbloggin’ weekend…

This morning, I went ahead and consulted my training schedule and realized that I was due for a 4 mile run. The weather is looking a little gross today, so since I’m a total girl and I didn’t want to get stuck in any rain, I kept my run inside on the treadmill.

I finished in 36 minutes, using my new New Balance sneakers, and I must say that I really like them! I was unsure, seeing as though I’m usually an Asics girl, but I did not experience any hip pain throughout the entire run. I’m impressed!

Post-run, it was breakfast time.

C’mon, don’t tell me you’re surprised? It’s been three days since since I last enjoyed a cereal combo bowl…I needed my fix.

In today’s bowl: Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Kashi Heart to Heart, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, vanilla almond milk, and blueberries.

Delicious, no doubt, along with my mug-o-joe.

*********

Q & A’s…Step Right Up!

I think it’s about that time again! I’ve been seeing some new faces around here lately (WELCOME!), and especially after meeting so many new, awesome people this weekend, I realize that some of you may not fully know what I’m all about. I will tell you that I can be a complete nutcase…

image

…but if you have any other questions, step right up, folks andfeel free to ask! I have a few that have been trickling through, but if you’d like to add one of your own, you can either leave a comment here, use my Contact Me page, or email me (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com).

Once I get some questions together, we can have another Q&A post…it’ll be super awesome. Winking smile

1 Amy May 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

you’re a jets fan! woo hoo! love it! :) and your blog of course!
Amy recently posted..Strawberry-Avocado Salsa

2 Chelsea May 23, 2011 at 10:09 am

Yummy cereal! I have had quite a craving for cereal lately, except I never buy it because it’s so expensive! Everytime I am on the cereal isle I mutter “highway robbery” the whole way down! I loved all your Fitbloggin blogs!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!
Chelsea recently posted..Happy Monday!

3 Courtney May 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

Sure thing! ;)

4 Khushboo May 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m not sure whether you have disclosed in the past but what’s your all-time favourite dessert? Something tells me cupcakes…if so, exact flavor??
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

5 Liz @ Tip Top Shape May 23, 2011 at 10:17 am

Mmm, that cereal bowl looks fantastic!! I never mix my cereals. I guess I’m a purist in that respect, lol.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Tamari Roasted Chickpeas

6 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 23, 2011 at 10:18 am

I don’t think I’ve ever mixed cereals before, unless there’s not enough in the bottom of the box of the one I originally chose :) Looks so good!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

7 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 23, 2011 at 10:21 am

That cereal bowl looks like a perfect way to start the week! Enjoy your day, Courtney!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Easy Peas-y

8 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com May 23, 2011 at 10:43 am

SO glad you liked the New Balance sneaks!!! I LOVE NB TOO!!! Awesome run!! Better believe I hit the treadmill if there is anything going on with the weather that I don’t like!! Have an amazing day gorgeous girl!!! LOVE the picture of you two!!!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Frosting Faces

9 Holly May 23, 2011 at 10:53 am

I was reading all of your re-caps from this weekend & it looks SO fun! I really wish I could of gone this year, especially since it was in Baltimore!! I could of shown ya around :) I wonder where they are having it next year, I would love to go!
Oh, are you going to the meet up in Vegas?
Happy Monday, Court :)
Holly recently posted..Soup Anytime of the Year!

10 Courtney May 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

Hey Holly! I’m not sure yet about Vegas…would LOVE to, but gotta figure out the money situation ;) Are you going?

11 Melissa May 23, 2011 at 10:53 am

Haha–not a complete nutcase, just a mild one! ;)

Have a great Monday, Courtney!

12 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 23, 2011 at 10:58 am

Fitbloggin looks like such a blast! I hope I can go next year!!

Good for you for getting back on that treadmill…I took the weekend off and totally don’t feel like getting back on. I am going to try to run tonight!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..A Cupcake Photo Shoot in the Empire State

13 Jen May 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

i have the same new balances (the 890s) and i can’t run over 5 miles in them without blisters/burning feet, so beware! They’re great for short runs though. :-)
Jen recently posted..The Worst Dining Experience

14 Samantha May 23, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I have that problem with my Asics! They completely destroyed what was supposed to be an 18 miler for me yesterday!
Samantha recently posted..When Training Doesnt Go As Planned Day 7 &amp Weekend Recap

15 Colleen May 23, 2011 at 11:30 am

Yum, mixing cereals is the best!
Colleen recently posted..Pickles in my Mole

16 Katherine May 23, 2011 at 11:47 am

That is one gorgeous cereal mix!

I know that this might not be proper, but I am very desperate and I just am needing to reach out to the blogging community. Please read this blog-the second issue addressed-to understand. http://divinelyvegan.wordpress.com/2011/05/22/very-important-post-help-needed/
Katherine recently posted..Very Important Post – Help Needed

17 Miranda @ working mom works out May 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I don’t like running in the rain either. You are not alone.

18 Jess May 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm

That bowl of cereal looks SUPER yummy!!
Jess recently posted..Update Progress Pictures!!

19 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I was sooooo excited to have a bowl of cereal this morning, too. Is there anything better?
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Unpack to Repack

20 Courtney May 23, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Ummm, not unless I could figure out a way to justify adding chocolate to it. ;)

21 Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 23, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Hahaha well it looks like you’re having FUN being a nutcase, so that’s awesome :)

Looking forward to the Q&A!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Weekend Adventures!

22 Emmarie May 23, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I’m loving your blog. I recently found it, and I’ve actually made a few of your cupcakes already!
Emmarie recently posted..Reese cup in a cup

23 Courtney May 23, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Emmarie :)

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 23, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Love cereal! Although I can’t stray from my oatmeal most mornings! I love Q & A posts. Im’ really bad at asking the questions though!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

25 Sarah May 23, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I really don’t think there is anything better than mixing cereal! In fact there is never a time when I will straight up eat just one kind in my bowl.

Well maybe once in a while, but not really :)
Sarah recently posted..iTunes 30 Gift Card GIVEAWAY!!

26 Keely (Sky Blue) May 23, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Love all those cereals!! Especially Heart-to-Heart it’s so yummy. Looks like a great combo! :)
Keely (Sky Blue) recently posted..may twenty-second

27 Chelsea M May 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I think you can never be too crazy about the Jets ;)

28 Ms. Dinner-Dates May 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm

That is a legit breakfast/bowl of cereal. My fiancé would love it!

Love your posts, I am new to blogging & look forward to reading more.

Fitbloggin looked amazing, totally up my alley. How did you find out about it?

Any other blogging events coming up soon?

29 Courtney May 24, 2011 at 7:26 am

I found out about it through some other friends who blog. There’s another event coming up in August which is great, the Healthy Living Summit!

30 Tiffany May 23, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Hello! I found your blog via Carrot’s N Cake over the weekend… I am enjoying reading your blog!

We share at least one thing in common — we both have crazy orange/white tabbies! Aren’t cats the greatest? :-)

31 Courtney May 24, 2011 at 7:25 am