Mornin’ Sunshine!

Gooooood Mornin’ Sunshine! <— My mom used to wake me up with this almost every morning (along with a “time to rise and shine”) in the perkiest, bubbliest way possible. It always amazed me just how chipper she was, despite the fact that I was just a grumpy teenager who could barely mumble “Mornin…”

What a treat I was.

This morning, I hit up another BodyPump class with Jen and Melissa, followed up with about 15 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. Today’s class felt really hard for some reason…my muscles were totally feelin’ the burn!

Once I got back to my car, I checked my phone, only to find this message waiting for me…

I totally let out a big ‘ol “Awwwww!” after seeing this picture message from Jay. Apparently my little guy missed me; either that, or he’s just trying to point out the fact that I really need to clean off my desk. Yikes.

Once I got home, I made sure to give Cody some kisses and then got right to breakfast. There was no waiting today…my tummy was grumblin’!

Hubby recently finished off a jar of PB, and actually remembered not to throw it away on me. I was impressed. Now, I just have to get him to remember to actually leave a little PB in there for me…it was pretty bare, so I had to add some extra. Winking smile

**Creeper alert**

With an empty PB jar, that only means one thing…OIAJ BIAJ!

I was a little leery to add the hot stuff into my plastic jar, considering what happened the last time I attempted this. However, after seeing Julie’s success the other day, I figured it was worth another go. This time, I just waited a few minutes to add them in, so it wasn’t piping hot. It was a success!

Today’s mix:

• 1/4 cup dry buckwheat
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (stirred in at the end)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • Cinnamon
  • Raisins & dried cranberries
  • Granola

Obviously, it was totally disgusting. Winking smile

Time to get started on the day! Wheeeeeee!

Question for the Day:

Did you ever have any rituals/sayings with your mom or dad growing up?

In addition to my mom’s sayings above, she also used to like to yell “Think before you write!” as I was running out the door to the bus…or my car, as I got older.

I had a few things with my dad, too. He loved waking me up by getting *this close* to my face without saying anything. He knew I hated it, but got a total kick out of it. Before he’d leave in the morning, he always used to say, “Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life.” Smile

My dad and mom used to always give me a little pep talk and things to remember in my basketball games before I left the house for pre-game routines. Even when I was in college playing basketball they would still either call the night before or the day of and tell me things like “remember don’t foul” “follow your shot” “Shoot the ball!”, you get the idea lol. It’s little routines like that, that I will always remember and appreciate my parents for.
    Mac recently posted..Grocery Planning

Yum that BIAJ looks awesome. I just book marked this page so I can make it next time I have an empty jar of PB :)
    Whenever I answered “I don’t know” my dad would respond “well if you don’t know then who does”
    Alexis recently posted..Siggi’s Review

That? Looks like heaven on EARTH! My OIAJ the other day were not nearlyyy as delish looking as yours. I’m still new to the whole “in a jar” breakfasts though, so hopefully I’ll improve :)
    As for my family sayings.. the only thing I can think of that happened with any frequency was when I would leave toys around the house and my dad would yell “I’m gonna CHUCK ’em!! I’m gonna CHUCK ’em!!!”
    Traumatizing? Mildly.
    Sarah recently posted..Gettin’ my post on!

4. TheBloggersBrother says

Lmao dad would just poke me until I woke up, so annoying! Mom would say “time to rise and shine! Its Fridayyyyy!” Also annoying

My dad always said, “Look both ways before crossing the street.” because I lived on a rural road where the speed limit was 45 mph but people regularly drove 70+ mph! My best friend lived across the street so it was a legitimate concern that I would become roadkill! :)
    Brittney recently posted..How To Spend A Lovely Day In Hilton Head

Haha your Mom reminds me of my Mom. My Mom would always come into my room in the morning singing, “Good morning to you, good morning to you, we’re all in our places with sunshiny faces” (that’s where I’d cut her off and make grumbling yelling noises). Althougn that was better than my Dad. He’d come in quietly, put two hands on the bed and start bouncing on it yelling, “EARTHQUAAAAKE”. Which now of course I use that same tactic to torture friends and my boyfriend. 😉
    KitKat @ Pursuit of Happiness recently posted..Sick…again!

My mom always tells us that she’ll be there for us no matter what. And when I was really little and first discovered how to count to 100 I thought it was the biggest number ever and used to tell my mom and dad that I loved them a hundred. That stuck for quite sometime and she would always say it to me and my sister while saying good night to us.
    Val recently posted..Sunny Saturday!!

My dad would so a similar “thisclose” thing. At the dinner table, he would lean in real close and just stare at me. As teenager I hated it, now I would probably engage dad in a staring contest.
    Emmarie recently posted..Red Robin…YUM

I’m so glad to see another blogger that eats Skippy Natural! It’s the best! Considering how much of a morning person i am now, I used to be a total grump. How my parents put up with me is beyond me!
    Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

My mom used to always say “it’s time to go to sleep” in french when it was time for dinner… we would all reply “mommmm you said it’s time to go to sleep” and she would always laugh.

Myself and my two sisters went to french school and my dad spoke french, but my mom would just pick up a couple words here and there. She knew she wasn’t saying the right thing but said it anyways just to get a reaction out of us.

Even now, me and my sisters are all adults and if we go over for supper, she will call out “it’s time to go to sleep” and we will know it’s dinner time. <3 I find it really cute :)

11. Karina says

Those are some great sayings :) Whenever it comes to final exam time, my dad says, “Sprint through the finish line! Almost there!” I’ve heard that wayy too many times in my life- but he’s right! :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

12. Sherri says

I have 3 rituals with my kids. 1) when its bedtime, I tell them “happy thoughts” and they would reply “make happy dreams” 2) everytime they ask where I’m going (whether to the restroom, kitchen, store, etc) I would reply “HAWAII” 3) when they ask “what’s for dinner/lunch/breakfast” my reply is always “turtle soup”. Even though they are now 18, 16 & 13 (all boys) we still play this game. My oldest son will be leaving for Navy bootcamp in July and I told him DO NOT say the happy thoughts, happy dreams ritual while your in your bunks (LOL).

13. Nat says

i find it really funny that your mom used to say “time to rise and shine” because that is exactly what my dad used to say for me to wake up!

I love your days saying! how very true! My parents didnt do anythign special but my uncle would SING to me and my cousins to get up. It was SO annoying (especially when we got up at 6am for swim practice)