I Broke My Record

by Courtney on May 27, 2011

Wow. It is H-O-T-T HOT out there today!

weather

Let me assure you, I am not complaining in the least. I will take this weather over the crappy winter stuff any day. I’m just not used to it yet!

Apparently, either is Cody.

Poor guy. He’s barely been able to muster himself up to play any sort of fetch with me, let alone make his way out to the kitchen to eat his food. I don’t know…I wouldn’t want to be covered in all that fur when it’s warm like this either. Winking smile

********

Turns out, I think the surprisingly warm weather is actually having some sort of effect of my appetite today…I don’t have much of one.

This is weird. Very weird. And very annoying.

Around noon I knew I needed something, and the thought of a nice, cold smoothie sounded awesome.

Today’s smoothie consisted of:

• 1 black cherry Chobani yogurt
  • 1/4-1/3 cup water
  • 1 banana, frozen
  • ~1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 2 big handfuls spinach
  • 3 ice cubes

It was my first time trying the black cherry CHO in a smoothie, and let’s just say I’m definitely a fan.

*********

Today I also think I broke my record for the longest procrastination of a run…8 hours.

Pretty good, right?

Hey, at least I got up and did it. Granted, I did keep it inside on the treadmill because, well, let’s face it; I was being lazy and didn’t want to sweat like a beast out in the heat.

I know, I know…

But still, I finished my scheduled 3 miles right around 26 minutes, then made a beeline straight for the shower. I knew I should have waited though…it was definitely one of those, “Wow, did I even shower because I swear I’m still sweating as much as I was before…?”

It was lovely.

Post plopping in front of the fan to try and “dry off,” I snacked on an apple with some of The Bee’s Knees peanut butter.

I seriously love this stuff.

Tonight, we have another softball game, which will hopefully be followed up with some tailgating. I love tailgating. That’s my favorite part of sports!

**********

I’m sure many of you are ready for the nice holiday weekend like I am, so if you’re going to be out and about or traveling, I wish you safe travels and lots of fun!! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

DO you have any plans for the holiday weekend?

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 27, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I always lose my appetite when it’s really hot outside. It’s so annoying!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..food phases

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Ah I’m so glad I’m coming back to a North East that has warm temps :)

Hey, at least you ended up doing your run! Procrastination for me means pushing it to the next day…

And I totally agree with you, I hate showering right after a workout, since the heat from the shower always makes me sweat even more!

3 Corey May 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I am sure you have answered this before…. but where do you buy your chia seed?
Thanks! Have an amazing weekend!
XOXO
Corey recently posted..Bento Love- Three Blind Mice

4 Courtney May 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Hey Corey! Yep, I actually get them through iHerb, which you can see here: http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill-Chia-Seeds-16-oz-453-g/29583?at=0
They’re awesome!

5 Sarah May 27, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Don’t worry 8 hours of procrastination is better then it never happening at all :) I’ve had really horrible weather where I am (55F and rainy) so that heat actually sounds enjoyable to me.
Sarah recently posted..Bars Cubed

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Adult beverages and food are the best part of any event :) Have fun!!

7 Jillian May 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Ugh, yes, today was HOT! I feel like they need to blast the AC at the gym and they never do! I ran 3 miles today too and I was like sopping.. gross….HATE sweating right out of the shower too..and this is just started, we have all summer!!

I’ll be at my boyfriend’s parents beach house (Jersey shore, but a nice part!!) with him tomorrow through Monday…yay!

8 Brenda @Year 25 May 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Totally jealous of your warm temps. We had an outdoor picnic at work all afternoon and it was quite chilly. This holiday weekend, I’m headed out to the country for some fresh air and freedom from all things technology.
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..What happened to the saying- Let them eat cake That was about pregnant ladies- right

9 Merrie@ Strawberrylaces May 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Great Vlog again, girl! I love your blog. I totally agree with you about using what works, not whats “in” or even that fancy. I’m a sucker for Cetaphil lotion and Clinique cleanser!

Whats Cody’s secret to such luscious fur? :-p
Merrie@ Strawberrylaces recently posted..Some Blessings in My Life

10 Courtney May 27, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Hahaha…I think he likes to secretly steal our water to stay hydrated ;)

11 Kortney May 27, 2011 at 7:56 pm

It’s almost seven here and it’s still 98 outside. Haha. Just think it’s only going to get hotter too!

12 Khushboo May 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

It’s just a normal weekend in Mumbai but fortunately it does still involve fun plans: girls night out last night which involved sushi, cinema tonite to see Hangover 2 and a one-day crepe making course on Sunday! Have a great weekend!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

13 Courtney May 28, 2011 at 7:50 am

That sounds like an AMAZING weekend! Have FUN! :-D

14 Katherine May 27, 2011 at 11:12 pm

No real plans…shopping for clothes and getting ready for my Guatemala trip.
Katherine recently posted..Guatemala Info

15 Jaclyn May 28, 2011 at 12:42 am

Eighty six degrees?! I am jealousssssss! Notsomuch here!!

I haven’t tried the bee’s knees yet, does it compare to white choco wonderful or dark chocolate dreams… or even cinn raisin swirl?? I guess those are the only three i have tried of pb and co and i liked ‘em all so I bet that one is comparable too! :D
Jaclyn recently posted..Friday Fave Fives- Hello Memorial Day Weekend!

16 Courtney May 28, 2011 at 7:49 am

Yup! It’s just as good :)

17 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls May 28, 2011 at 1:06 am

That smoothie looks great! Unfortunately, it was rainy here today :/ I would take the heat over the rain any day!
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..Trend to Try- Tribal

18 Samantha May 28, 2011 at 2:29 am

Girl, I would kill for it to be 86! It was 104 here in Austin, TX today. We can’t even walk to our cars without breaking a sweat. Sheesh!
Samantha recently posted..breakfast morning noon &amp night

19 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 28, 2011 at 3:19 am

I have to say, as sad as I am to leave London tomorrow, I’m excited for the heat of home!! I’m seriously like a savannah cat…I LOVE heat. I thrive in it, haha.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Ice Cream &gt Fish Head