Vlog Time: My Skin Care Routine

by Courtney on May 27, 2011

Well, last night we lost our softball game which was kind of a bummer. But hey, at least we got to play, and that meant I got extra time to hang out with some of my favorite people.

This morning I woke up craving iced coffee and was 100% grateful for the fact that I actually remember to brew some last night, so I was all set.

Iced coffee with skim milk (a splash of this) and a packet of Truvia. Whoop!

For breakfast, I wanted some cold and quick, so a cereal combo bowl it was.

Today’s bowl included Kashi x2 (Heart to Heart Cinnamon + Go Lean Crunch), vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, and blueberries.

I’m flyin’ through breakfast this morning because you know what today is riiiiight?

Happy Fashion Friday!!

And guess what?

Today’s Fashion Friday post is comin’ atcha in the form of another VLOG!

Today’s Topic: My Skin Care Routine

Please ignore the lovely frame they chose to have plastered up here…sheesh.

Enjoy & happy watching! Smile

Question for the Morning:

What is YOUR skin care routine like? Any products you’d totally recommend?

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 27, 2011 at 8:54 am

Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple face wash is incredible. It’s a one step skin care routine for me!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..What I Ate- Shopped- and Baked

2 Babs May 27, 2011 at 8:56 am

Adorable vlog. I love how you dont use expensive products and yet you have amazing skins.
Babs recently posted..Burmese Rocks My World

3 Charlie May 27, 2011 at 8:57 am

I used olay products for years but I have very sensitive skin and I started to get red skin when using the products, even if I used them before and was fine! Now the only thing that works for me is La Roche Posay moisturizers, they cost more but I use less ;). I tend to take a lot of product when it comes in a jar and the ones I buy now I a pump, so I don’t take as much!
My favorite beauty routine product is my exfoliating cleanser (that I use once every 1-2 weeks), Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. I has orange extract in it and smells sooo good!
Charlie recently posted..Blueberry Poppy Seed Granola

4 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries May 27, 2011 at 9:00 am

Thanks for the vlog! I must say, your skin always does look really clear and glowing :) Have a fabulous day, it’s finally warm in NY!!
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Chemo 5 &amp Me Taking Pictures of Myself

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 27, 2011 at 9:05 am

You’re too stinkin’ cute! Loved the vlog, girlie!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Totally Truthful Thursday

6 Sue May 27, 2011 at 9:05 am

This has absolutely nothing to do with skin care but I just need to know where you got the straw in your iced coffee. It looks like it’s stainless steel. I use straws all the time and would love to get my hands on one. Thanks. BTW, your skin is beautiful!!

7 Courtney May 27, 2011 at 9:11 am

Hahaha! I actually bought these through Carrots ‘N’ Cake’s Open Sky shop…she was having a deal a few weeks ago on them. It was like, 10 straws for about $15 and I love ‘em! Not sure if they’re still available, but here’s the link to her shop: https://opensky.com/carrotsncake

8 Khushboo May 27, 2011 at 9:34 am

I have the worst skin care routine! I hate to admit it but after nights out, I tend to ‘forget’ to wash my face! Fortunately my skin is a great considering how I treat it which I put down to nutrition. I promise I’ll try harder :)
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

9 Sarah May 27, 2011 at 9:39 am

I used to use Proactive, but it never seemed to get my face completely clear. Now I just use St Ives apricot scrub and follow up with a good moisturizer. I think the proactive was over drying my face, causing it to break out even more!
Love the vlog!
Sarah recently posted..Gettin’ my post on!

10 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl May 27, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love your vlogs! Such a great way to get to know you :-) My skincare routine consists of going to bed with my makeup on….Perhaps I should revise? Happy Friday!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats in Jar

11 Tori (Fresh Fruition) May 27, 2011 at 11:05 am

Haha you’re so cute! And you’re right, whatever works for you is what you should do!
Tori (Fresh Fruition) recently posted..A Weekend of Firsts

12 Julia May 27, 2011 at 11:13 am

Whenever I make any sort of video (even if it’s just a post on my friend’s facebook wall) it never fails to use me blinking as picture. It’s gotten some pretty funny ones.
Julia recently posted..Playing Catch Up

13 Katherine May 27, 2011 at 12:41 pm

You are absolutely gorgeous!
Katherine recently posted..Guatemala Info

14 sara @ the foodie diaries May 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I used to use ProActiv in high school and the beginning of college, but then I realized I wasn’t completely satisfied with it. It felt like it left my skin oily afterwards. I started just washing my face with O’lay and I love it! It leaves my skin feeling so soft afterwards :)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Passport… Check!

15 Sarah Elizabeth May 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I use cheap facewash also – anything with a little bit of salicylic acid to control breakouts. Then I actually use the same Olay and Jergens moisturizers as you! I think they work great. I used to get influenced by magazines a lot also, but now I’ve realized that all that matters is what works for YOU, and just because it works for someone else, that doesn’t mean it will work the same for you. Thanks for the post, Courtney! Enjoy the holiday weekend =)

16 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I always go back to Oil of Olay Complete, too! I completely get splurging on some but not others. CeraVe is my go to!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..When It’s Not Working- Get a New Strategy

17 Danica May 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Thank you for posting this vlog!!
I’m still trying to find a skin care routine that really works for my skin. It’s so frustrating because my skin is really sensitive and I’m definitely prone to acne (ugghh.)…I love that you don’t use uber expensive products yet have flawless skin! Beautiful : )

18 Tara Burner May 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm

love your vlog and your flawless skin
I, ironically, don’t use anything….homemade natural soap and water
that’s it for me
no cleanser, no moisturizer, no makeup (weird especially since I used to own a mineral makeup company for 4 yrs)
Tara Burner recently posted..Fitbloggin postcard!

19 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm

In the morning, I use Aveeno foaming face wash, with Purpose moisturizer with SPF 15, and in the evening I use the same face wash with Proactiv lotion. I have really sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, so I have to be really careful with what I use!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Everything changes

20 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet May 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Love the vlogs! Wait, Noxema is bad for your skin?? I use Noxema too, since it feels so nice and tingly afterwards. I can’t believe that it’s bad for the skin!

My mom swears by Oil of Olay! I’ve grown up watching her use it, and every time I smell it, it reminds me of my mom.

Oh, and your Sbucks mug/bowl is awesome :)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..On Leaving

21 Courtney May 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Apparently it dries your skin out? It works great for me! :)

22 katie May 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Love your vlogs Courtney :o) Neat to see that you’re as sweet in person as you seem on your blog!!! That iced coffee looks awesome too!! Yay for warmer weather…!!!

23 AL May 27, 2011 at 5:50 pm

You should do a hair care video next :)

I recommend the Rimmel primer in place of the Smashbox one, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

24 Courtney May 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Oooo good to know! Thanks :)

25 Emily @ Relishments May 27, 2011 at 8:27 pm

This vlog is adorable. I love how often you reference your mom in your vlogs :)

I use Neutrogena Moisturizing face wash and Eucerin face cream. I used to use the Olay sensitive skin, but then I made the mistake of buying the Walmart knockoff which made my skin break out in hives. I wasn’t sure if the Olay one had changed as well, so I changed brands. So far so good!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Guest Post- Brian Makes Chickpea Casserole

26 Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking May 28, 2011 at 12:59 am

What a nice vlog. I used to use Olay, but just like you, I get dry at times, so I had to switch to Bobbi Brown and i’m in my early 30s. I guess skin gets dryer as we age. You are blessed wtih gorgeous skin!
Honey @ Honey, What’s Cooking recently posted..Friday’s Favorite Things – 52711

27 Lauren May 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Love it, great vlog! I use Aveeno calming cleanser and Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer and I love them. But I’ve tried the Olay moisturizer in the past and I love that one too! You should totally do more of these, I’m a huge beauty product geek! :)
Lauren recently posted..Don Juan Mexican Cantina

28 Shayla May 31, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Love your vlog Courtney! You have such a cute personality and beautiful to boot!! I have always loved using Oil of Olay…a tried and true one I got from my mom too ;)
I have always used Clean & Clear face wash but it doesn’t seem to be working as well as it used to, maybe I should give Noxema a shot since I have sensitive skin too. Thanks again and perhaps you can do a hair vlog next?!

29 Courtney May 31, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Hahaha….that’s the vlog I’ve been putting off…just because I don’t know what to share! But don’t worry, I’ll be putting something together ;)

30 stacey August 14, 2011 at 8:06 pm

hey courtney! love that you take care of your skin, though i noticed you are using anything thats going to prevent aging! We are never to young to start cleansing and mosturizing our skin to prevent, fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet, dark circles, puffiness, etc.! I’m an Future Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics and I’d love to send you some samples!!! Our products are phonomenal and great for your sensitive skin! I’d also be amp to do a giveaway for ya!!! Let me know!!! thanks!!!

31 Courtney August 15, 2011 at 10:32 am

Thanks Stacey! Feel free to send me an email (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com)

32 Jaclyn Todd December 8, 2011 at 11:27 pm

You have such a cute personality and beautiful to boot!! BTW, your skin is beautiful!! I has orange extract in it and smells sooo good! I’ve grown up watching her use it, and every time I smell it, it reminds me of my mom.
Jaclyn Todd recently posted..Arthritis Tips

33 Edith March 15, 2012 at 8:20 am

I just simply had my beauty routine which won’t require too much time like you had. I just wash y face and if I wanted to take a bath I would to but just the ordinary one in order to clean up my body then drink plenty of water and then I’m off to bed. Just as simple as that yet it greatly help me maintain my skin and even my health.
Edith recently posted..how to get rid of stretch marks

34 cornwall cottages May 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like
yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
cornwall cottages recently posted..cornwall cottages

35 Buy Auravie June 15, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Article writing is also a excitement, if you know then you can write if
not it is difficult to write.
Buy Auravie recently posted..Buy Auravie