A Tailgating Substitute

by Courtney on May 28, 2011

Happy Saturday, folks!

So I’m happy to report that last night’s softball game was a success…we won!

Even though I really only play for fun and to have some good laughs with these characters…

…it’s always nice to get the big “W.” Smile

Unfortunately, the tailgating was a no go last night. Apparently too many people had plans.

I mean really, who really has plans on the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend?

Oh, just me? Ok, never mind…

So rather than hanging around at the field, Jay and I joined my parents for some pizza and beer at a local restaurant up the road.

Hey, I’d say this was a pretty good tailgating substitution, wouldn’t you?

We ordered two pizzas for the table, one of them being the Margherita, which was a white pizza made with sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano, and fresh basil.

I swear, as soon as this baby hit the table, any signs of my lacking appetite went straight out the window. Thank goodness.

I inhaled these two pieces, along with another small corner piece (corners are my favorite…luurve the extra crust). and loved every bite. It was one heck of a pizza!

**********

This morning, I got up nice and early to finish up some cupcakes, and came across the little man in his favorite sunshine-filled spot.

He still cracks me up when he kneads at the air like this while he gets his morning belly rub. He’s got to be part dog?

So stinkin’ cute.

**********

I just made myself another iced coffee,

and now I’m waiting patiently for Jay to wake up so we can have some breakfast.

I’m giving him 15 more minutes before I send Cody in after him… Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

How long do you typically wait to eat breakfast after waking up?

If you’re with a S/O, do you usually wait for them or eat on your own?

1 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission May 28, 2011 at 8:30 am

I don’t wait long at all, unless I have a yoga class or something. Usually I’ll eat within 10-20 minutes of waking up. Your cat is so cute and funny :D
Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission recently posted..This Ice Cream is Bananas

2 Farrah May 28, 2011 at 8:32 am

I try to eat as soon as I can because I know that is what I’m “supposed to do”, but in reality, it is usually about an hour or more after I wake up.

I’m home all day with the kids and DH is usually working really early. If he has time for breakfast we always try to eat together.
Farrah recently posted..Banana Split Pie

3 Khushboo May 28, 2011 at 8:32 am

I usually wait at least 40 mins before eating! On weekdays, I like to shower/get completely ready before digging in. On weekends, I like to laze around with my green tea first.
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

4 Khushboo May 28, 2011 at 8:34 am

That’s meant to be 1hr40 on weekdays- can’t stomach anything before the gym at that time of the morning!
Khushboo recently posted..Blondes have more fun

5 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out May 28, 2011 at 8:34 am

I don’t wait long. No more than 30 minutes. I guess it depends on if I’m working out. Then I try to eat ASAP to allow it time to settle before I hit the gym.
Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out recently posted..Lowe Mill Concert on the Dock and Happy Tummy

6 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign May 28, 2011 at 8:55 am

Magherita pizza is so great! Especially with fresh basil!

I usually eat breakfast right after I shower because I’m STARVING when I wake up. I’m not a night time eater at all, so my body is usually empty by the time I wake up. I feel like I eat 75 percent of my calories before 4pm…is this normal? haha

I don’t live with my fiance, so we eat breakfast separately…I have a feeling once we are married we will eat at different times since I wake up at the crack of dawn and he likes to sleep.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..My Best Friend Part 2

7 Tina May 28, 2011 at 9:26 am

That Pizza looks so yummy!

I usually eat shortly after I have my coffee. I usually don’t wait for anyone else to wake up to eat because when I’m hungry I get kinda cranky… so it’s best for everyone if I eat first : )

8 Lindsey May 28, 2011 at 9:46 am

During the week I eat at 7am, so anywhere from 30-90 minutes after I am up. Weekends is more like 8am – because like you i waited for the hubby to get up too! We are too nice ;)

9 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" May 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

haha. I didn’t have plans last night either :-) If I work out early, I eat breakfast after, so at like 9 or 10. When I don’t, i’ll have breakfast at around 8:00. On Saturdays, sometimes I’ll eat two breakfasts: one by myself and one with friends at brunch!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats in Jar

10 Danica May 28, 2011 at 10:24 am

I typically eat breakfast within 20-30 minutes of waking up. I can’t stand waiting too much longer than that because I’m usually pretty hungry when I wake up, plus I don’t work out without eating about an hour before first. That’s just what works for me! : )

11 Tara Burner May 28, 2011 at 11:21 am

I fortunately don’t have a S/O so I can eat what I want when I want
though I do have a teen daughter (who’s actually STILL in bed-then again she was out at movies til almost 2 a.m—hmmm she has more of a social life than me!)
Depends on my mood how long I wait…usually at least an hour if not longer, mainly because I get up at 5-5:30 a.m. and spend time in prayer/meditation then hit emails, twitter, facebook…then I think about eating around 730-8ish so few hours for me!
Did I eat yet today? hmmmmm oh yea a handful of strawberries while walking the dog! guess I should wake up the teen to share lunch w/her!
Tara Burner recently posted..Fitbloggin postcard!

12 Jennifer@ knackfornutrition May 28, 2011 at 11:45 am

Hi! I just wanted you to know I updated my WAY out of date blogroll and finally got you on there. I’ve been reading for a while but for some reason you weren’t on there. Lo siento. Problem solved though. :)

P.S. That pizza looks drool worthy.
Jennifer@ knackfornutrition recently posted..Suck It Up Saturday- Being a beginner

13 Courtney May 28, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Hey Jen! Thanks so much! :)

14 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Great job on the win!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my eating story- part 3

15 Melissa May 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’m a corner pizza girl, too! It’s the best part!

I usually don’t eat right away . . . I like to be up for 2-3 hours before I’m ready to eat anything. I think it’s just what my body is used to. When I was dating, I would always wait for my SO. I like eating with someone better than eating alone.
Melissa recently posted..Things Went Downhill

16 Emily @ Lo Vivido May 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Mmmm…margherita pizza.

I eat within a half hour of waking up…I literally get nauseous if I don’t. I’m definitely a morning eater! I never wait for my husband to wake up. He takes his time getting out of bed, and my stomach just can’t wait that long!
Emily @ Lo Vivido recently posted..spring cleaning

17 Marykate Sinnott May 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Forget my pbj, I want pizza. Actually, I want THAT pizza! :)
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Im BACK!

18 Kristen May 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm

congrats on the win!

19 Anita May 28, 2011 at 8:36 pm

That pizza looks delicious! I always eat right away… sometimes breakfast is what convinces me to get out of bed! hehe.
Anita recently posted..The Arboretum

20 Babs May 28, 2011 at 10:40 pm

We usually eat when we wake-up. I think the husband and I almost always go to bed together and wake-up together. I couldn’t imagine it any other way, although I know some couples that never go to bed or wake-up together
Babs recently posted..Sugar Coma