Rockin’ Some Killer Tan Lines

‘Twas another beautiful day…absolutely perfect for a party by the lake.

This afternoon, Jay and I headed up to Saratoga for a Memorial Day party with family, who just so happen to be some of our closest friends, too. I love these girls.

I still can’t believe that in just three short months, these two are getting married! It was exactly a year ago that we celebrated their engagement. Smile

Our crew spent a good majority of the afternoon sitting in the sunshine, chatting away, and snacking on some munchies. I really made a conscious effort today not to over do it with the snacks.

I tend to munch mindlessly a lot of the time when in these situations, especially when the food is right within reach. However, I was happy with my ability to really only over do it on the broccoli. That’s acceptable, right? Winking smile

I also decided to stick with just one beer today, since I feel like I’ve been imbibing a little more than usual lately. I blame it on the weather.

Jay and I eventually departed from ‘Toga and made it down to meet up with my parents for a bit. Thankfully, dinner was involved, which I was more than ready for.

For some reason, nothing sounded better to me today than a juicy burger from the grill. I honestly don’t crave burgers all that often, but the aromas coming off of the grill today were smelling too fantastic to pass up.

On the side, I had some tuna pasta salad, and some of this corn and black bean salsa which was just incredible. The chips, unfortunately, were a bit stale from sitting out, but this stuff was good enough to eat as-is. Mmmm-mmmm. Smile

For dessert, I enjoyed a couple mini chocolate chip cookies (not pictured) along with a piece of birthday/Memorial Day cake. This piece was exactly the way I like it: super moist cake, and frosting with enough sugar to be able to coat my teeth.

I’m sorry, I know that sounds terrible. But I don’t mess around with frosting. The more sugar, the better. Thank goodness I don’t eat the stuff every day. It’s all about moderation, folks! Winking smile

In case you didn’t already see them above, I’m now rockin’ some killer tan lines and a pretty hot sunburn (<—pun definitely intended) thanks to being outside all morning and afternoon. Luckily, at least my face isn’t burned!

So now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go apply some aloe and write “SUNSCREEN” on my Target shopping list…

I swear, I can be such a space case sometimes!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far!

Question for the Evening:

Are you good about applying sunscreen? What SPF do you usually wear?

Comments

1. pat says

I must admit that I’m not the best at being diligent with sunscreen, but I thought all my years of “Did you use sunscreen?” would have sunken in with you!

Such a fun day! You are my kind of girl when it comes to frosting–it’s really the only reason I eat cake! 😉

I always do at least 30 on my face and chest, but don’t worry as much about the rest. I need to, though, because I freckle and someday those freckles are going to be age spots! Ick!
    Melissa recently posted..Alone

I’m awesome at applying sunscreen for the most part. I spend a lot of time outside in the sun and have incredibly pasty white skin that burns by thinking about it too much (ever burn inside a car though the glass? Didn’t know that was possible did you?) I wear a minimum of 30 if I’m outside and apply every 3-4 hours (more often if I’m in the water or sweating a lot.) but usually I wear 50 and most often I get the kids kind.

Remember that NOTHING is waterPROOF!
    Cute~Ella recently posted..Sharing is Caring – Taco Bites a’la Sue

I usually wear SPF 15 or 30. When I was a lifeguard I always had 55 for my body and still got a killer tan that would last me until after Christmas – ahh, what a glamorous life that was.

That corn and black bean salsa looks awesome and so does your hamburger bun. I swear, I start craving burgers sometimes just for the buns. Yum! Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!
    Kate recently posted..ann arbor farmer’s market

Looks like you had a fun day! Good job not munching all day. It’s so hard not to snack away the day when hanging out like that.

Haha I managed to get a rockin sunburn too, complete with a bow on my back (from the bikini tie) I usually use SPF30 on my body and 70 on my face just to be safe :)

Also, if your burn is hot, putting maalox on it and letting it sit for a fee hours takes the heat out of the burn and can prevent peeling

Bud Light Lime is always a good choice! :)
    My face lotion and make-up (both from Bare Escentuals) are SPF…something…can’t remember the number! When I’m going to be in the sun all day, I usually put on SPF 30 on my neck and shoulders and reapply every couple hours. I burn so darn easily!

I need to wear sunscreen way more than I do! I almost always have it on my face, but forget about the other body parts! I wear SPF 45 on my face. And if I remember SPF 15 for the rest of me!

I’m pretty terrible about applying sunscreen :( I only do it when I know I’m going to be doing outdoor activities for a long period of time, but for everyday, I don’t put on much. That’s something I know I should change soon!

I love your tube top/dress. Where’s it from??
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Changes

Haha at least you wore a strapless dress yesterday. That has to count for something, right?
    Your weekend seems perfect so far, so carry on and have a great Memorial Day!

I’m rocking the farmers tan from this weekend! I am horrible at remembering sunscreen unless I am at the beach or pool and then I always make sure I am wearing it! I generally wear SPF 30, when I remember!

that cake is looking delish! I try to wear sunscreen daily on my face since I had a “suspicious” mole removed a year ago I’ve definitely been more aware of putting sunscreen on. It was a real wake up call especially since I’m only 21! I wear at least 30 spf
    Alexis recently posted..Wrapped and Ready

12. Mandee says

I really want to try those beers!!! And I’m not even a beer drinker! They just sound so good!

Too much sun is never fun! I was super pale all my life, blessed with extra white skin and lots of freckles/moles… Which means you’re at higher risk of skin cancer. About five years ago I realized that if I wore 15 instead of 55, I’d get a nice tan eventually. Thought it was a blessing but prob moreso a curse because I ended up having to get this spot removed right on my hairline. 7 stiches and they had to shave some of my hair off… Luckily my bangs covered it but there’s a scar and some hair sill hasn’t come back! I am now super paranoid about getting sunburned! Wear sun screen everyone! And go spray tanning! It will change your life! The formulas are so much better now! I love it!
    Mandee recently posted..Patrioticakes!

haha I totally know what you mean about cake frosting! As a kid, I was sort of turned off by the super-sugary cake frosting, but now if I’m eating birthday cake, I always request the corner piece (with a flower if possible haha). The more frosting the better.
    Megan@eatmybeets recently posted..Healthyer Cookout Fare

You ate a lot of the same things I did this weekend- black bean salsa and a burger off the grill! Looks like a you had a great time out there :)

Im not the best at applying sunscreen- I need to get in the habit of doing it. on another note, I will agree with you THE MORE ICING THE BETTER! haha

Trackbacks