Grocery Store Savings

Goodness gracious, I think I’m still smiling ear to ear after the amazing long weekend I had! In case you were a busy bee just like me and need to do some catching up, here’s a peek at all the fun I was up to…

From A Ten To An Eleven

Rockin’ Some Killer Tan Lines

Can This Be My Life Every Day?

Farmers Market Finds

Despite a later-than-I-like bedtime last night, I still managed to get myself up at the butt crack of dawn to head to the gym. Seeing as though I only squeezed in one workout this weekend (30 minutes of HIIT), I knew I was in need of a good sweat session. Today looked a little somethin’ like this:

• 15 mins HIIT (20 seconds @ 9.5mph / 40 seconds @ 4.5mph)
  • BodyPump
  • 10 mins StairMaster (<— ughhhhh, how can I hate but love something so much??)

After working up a good stench sweat, I decided to share the wealth with everyone at the grocery store. Thankfully, it was pretty empty, so only a few victims had to deal with the stinkiness. Winking smile

But seriously, CHECK OUT my budget savvy shopping today…

$39.19 in savings! I may not be an Extreme Couponer, but hey, maybe I could be? Winking smile

I left the grocery store on a complete high, and rewarded myself the best way I could think of…

Yes, it’s a large iced coffee. No, I don’t need a large iced coffee…but I’ll still drink it anyways. I tried ordering a medium, I promise, but they were out of cups. Totally not my fault…

Of course, because it’s already sweltering hot, I wrapped my cup up in my snazzy Dunkin’ Donuts koozie. They’re seriously the best in this weather! It looks like they only have them in a large size on the DD website, but I’m sure if you scope out the internet, you’ll be able to find one.

*********

After unpacking my groceries, I put together a quick breakfast because, umm, I was about ready to gnaw off my left arm.

A nice, cold, cereal combo bowl made with Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares (which came from Fitbloggin’), vanilla almond milk, banana slices, and chia seeds.

I’m still not totally sure how I feel about the Fiber One cereal; I almost feel like it leaves a little bit of a weird aftertaste. Has anyone else tried it yet??

Time to start tackling today….make it a great one!

Questions for the Morning:

Are you a coupon clipper?

What tips would you give to someone trying to save $$ at the grocery store?

Comments

I’m not a huge coupon clipper since the things they offer deals on I don’t always need (or don’t need 2 of), but I am an avid circular stalker. I usually browse it online and make a list based on that, then add the few items left that I need.
    Krissie J recently posted..Memorial Weekend – Part 2

To say that I have been a major coupon user/money saver would be the understatement of the year. I used to go all the way to Bennington VT to go grocery shopping and take advantage of their double coupons that you could use at their Price Chopper. I used to get all my health and beauty products and cleaning products free and TONS of food items free every week as well. It was insane. Now that I have a 1 year old, making the trip to VT to go shopping is kind of out of the question, but I do have a binder full of coupons that I use regularly. I feel like people who don’t take advantage of coupons are crazy. Free money, baby!
    Farrah recently posted..Everything Brioche Hamburger Rolls

I’m not a coupon clipper, but I do save money just by buying certain items in bulk, if they’re on sale and I know I’ll need them. I still need to work on my grocery savvy!

I’m always tempted to get a large iced coffee, but I know I’ll never finish it. And I’ll probably get a stomach ache before I reach the 1/2 way point anyway lol.
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Lights and Cameras

I love my coupons! I will never be an extreme couponer, but the show has definitely added motivation to my already frugal self! I now get the Sunday paper only for the coupons, and never buy anything that’s not on sale or try not to go to the grocery store without my coupons. Every $1 makes a difference!
    Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..bachelorette brackets

Bahhh I was going to ask how the F1 tastes! Bummer to hear it’s got a funky after taste. I get that from things sweetened with Stevia but not from any other arti-sweeteners. Sad day.

Are you a coupon clipper?
    No, but I feel like I should be after this post.

What tips would you give to someone trying to save $$ at the grocery store?
    I have a good one!!! Just because something says “3 for $10″ (or however many for however many dollars) doesn’t MEAN you actually have to buy that many of that item to get the savings. You still get the sale price even if you only buy ONE!
    … Or did everyone else already know that… Oh well :)

Good job on the savings! I try to use coupons whenever I can. Unfortunately I don’t find many for the fresh produce and healthier products.

I eat a lot of Fiber One cereal. I use it to coat chicken and fish too. The taste isn’t for everyone, but I like it.
    Tanya @ Sunday Baker recently posted..Chicken Tortilla Dippers

wow way to rock those savings! I’m still learning to be a couponer. it’s pretty much my summer goal to become a semi-pro at couponing. I try to only purchase produce from our local farmers market because it’s usually way cheaper! I’m really disappointed that you said the fiber one left a funny aftertaste! I love fiberone stuff. I’ll have to give them a try if I see them in the grocery store
    Alexis recently posted..Wrapped and Ready

I’m not really a coupon clipper (mainly because I don’t get the newspaper!) but I always buy whatever is on sale. It’s funny you ask about tips for saving moolah when grocery shopping – Cory and I were trying to figure out what our budget will be in that category after the wedding (ah, the mind of a finance guy) and I didn’t have any idea! Does $350/month sound about right for a married couple??
    Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Lucky Duck

• Courtney says

That’s probably a little bit more than Jay and I spend…we usually average anywhere between $50-80/week, depending on what we need. But then again, we also don’t but a lot of expensive meats, etc…

Nice Job! I never use coupons and I totally should. I guess you could say I am a little on the lazy side. i used to love Fiber One cereal. The kind that looked like little noodles and then I realized it had aspartame in it :( So I stopped eating it.
    Sarah recently posted..Stillwater Half Marathon

Nice job on the coupon savings! I love when I can use coupons, but I have to be super careful that I don’t let myself fall into the trap where I buy stuff I normally wouldn’t buy just because I have a coupon for it.

There’s nothing better than seeing how much money you saved on a receipt like that! Of course, I shop at Trader Joe’s and they don’t really do discounts, but I still get joy out of how cheap I can shop there! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend- happy belated Memorial Day!
    Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Being a Good Girl

12. susan says

Hi..I am looking all over for a DD kozzie..I have one in black from 8 years ago and wanted one for a friend..is the blue one pictured soft or is it plastic..mine is made out of a foam insulating material..I don’t want to order the wrong type..thanks.

• Courtney says

The one I have is soft, not plastic, and is probably the same material as the one you mentioned. Aren’t they the greatest!? :)

Trackbacks