Sangria With Sarah

Happy Thursday everyone! How’s your day starting off?

Mine, as usual, started off nice and early with a little BodyPump action, followed by about 20 minutes worth of elliptical intervals. I upped my weights in a couple tracks and I definitely think I’ll be feelin’ it tomorrow!

So last night I was MIA because lucky me was out having a blast with my girl, Sarah.

We met up for dinner and drinks at JJ Rafferty’s, and enjoyed our evening outdoors on their patio. In case you haven’t noticed a pattern, I’m totally addicted to dining outdoors once the weather heats up.

We each enjoyed a delicious glass of sangria, which I would say definitely rivaled the tasty glass that I enjoyed in Baltimore a couple weeks ago. It was good, and I loved all the fresh fruit.

For dinner, I ordered their Summer Salad with grilled chicken which, according to their menu, was a spinach salad topped with fresh grilled zucchini and summer squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, scallions, and a ginger balsamic dressing.

To be honest, the salad was kind of lame-o. I mean, it tasted fine- the chicken was fresh, the dressing was great, and don’t even get me started on the amazing garlic bread- but for $13.98, I would have appreciated a few more veggies than the 5 slices of zucchini they gave me.

Hey, no big deal. I was in good company, and we were having such a great time chatting away that I hardly paid attention. It was almost a good three hours later by the time we decided to pack it up and call it a night.

And for the record, neither of us really like this picture at all, but I told her I was going to put it up anyways…you know, for the blog’s sake. Winking smile

Thanks again for a great night, Sarah!

As soon as I got back from the gym this morning, I quickly got to work on whipping up a batch of these

I was given a special request from one of Jay’s co-workers for these little guys, which he apparently spotted while scoping out the recipes here on the blog. Just the mere fact that he was even on my blog was reason enough for me to fill his request…

So if you’re reading Jamie, they’re on their way this afternoon! Winking smile

Once I got these bad boys into the oven, and thoroughly licked the batter off the spoon of course, it was time for some breakfast.

Today’s meal of champs came in the form of two toasted Van’s Lite Waffles, topped with some TJ’s almond butter with flax, banana slices, chia seeds, and a little drizzle of maple syrup.

I just realized right now, as I was looking at this picture, that I totally forgot to add my cinnamon. Darn it. I hate when that happens. But funny how I didn’t notice it once while eating them. Hmmmm…

In true Courtney fashion, I sipped on an iced coffee to round out the meal.

I must actually thank all of YOU for today’s breakfast. All I really wanted to do was pour another bowl of cereal, but since I’ve given you that the past two days, I figured it was time to change things up.

Thanks for keeping me from becoming too mundane my friends. You guys rock…in case you didn’t already know it. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

If you could only have one breakfast choice for a week straight, what would you choose?

Your dinner sounds so refreshing! But I actually love sangria with white wine even more 😉

How do you resist eating your delicious baked goods! Especially before breakfast and after Body Pump…?!

If I could die eating one breakfast, I’d choose oatmeal. I love it cold, hot, in pancakes, whatever!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Stuffed

Peanut butter toast with banana, I think it is the least likely thing I would be sick of and not totally hate after! I love PB and actually probably ate PB toast everyday for 3 years for breakfast…if not longer!

Mmm, there’s nothing better than a glass of sangria on a hot (almost) summer night! I actually prefer red over white, which is strange since I don’t really like red wine on its own.

Bagels everyday. How could that get old?! The bagels would be carb free and full of protein and vitamins, of course. 😉
    Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Easy Mango Pudding

That’s so sweet that Jay’s coworkers read your blog. How flattering! Nice name too 😉

I think if I could control myself, I’d have cereal every day for breakfast…sugar cereal. Like fruity pebbles, cocoa krispies, fruit loops, frosted flakes and apple jacks. YUM I don’t actually eat that stuff on a normal basis but I kind of love it!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Why I Love Summer Running in NYC

Sangria is definitely one of my favorite drinks during the summer… well… and the rest of the year as well.
    If I had to pick one breakfast, I’d go the greek yogurt route. I mix in SO many different things. Right now I’m eating it with some sugar free cheesecake pudding mix mixed in, frozen pineapple bits, PB2, and cereal. Such a combo bowl.

I post pics “for the blog’s sake” sometimes, too! You both still look so pretty, though, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about!

Bummer on the salad–I get so irritated when it seems like someone has rationed out the fruit or veggie toppings on my salad. Grrr!

I eat a muffin pretty much every day for breakfast . . . I love breakfast food, but I’m not usually all that hungry until later in the day, so my breakfasts stay pretty light. I like reading about yours, though! 😀

That breakfast looks amazing!! I love doing that with waffles! It’s such a filling breakfast that feels indulgent. Silly me forgot to buy them at the market, though, so I have to roll with English muffins instead :(
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Raise Your Glass

It would be a toss up for me. I *love* egg whites in the morning. Egg whites with half a slice of reduced fat cheese, a little spinach and a sprinkle of onion salt on mastorianni bread.

I have another breakfast that is totally a favorite, though. 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares with cut up strawberries, blueberries, banana slices and almond milk.

Either of those and I’m happy as a clam! :)
    Farrah recently posted..Everything Brioche Hamburger Rolls

I hate stingy restaurants! I’m going through a phase of eating overnight oats but I can feel myself getting bored. Before I start to dread it, Im going to shake things up tomo morning!

10. Chelsea M says

I had one of those dinners with a girlfriend on Tuesday, it’s so great to be able to catch up even if the food wasn’t amazing.

I alternate between egg whites with cheese and an English Muffin or an oatmeal bowl including bananas, almond butter almond milk and chia seeds. If I had to choose one I would choose oatmeal it’s so fulling and tasty!

I totally get stuck in the breakfast rut! I need to stop. Thanks for the motivation. I know I asked you about where you got your chia seed… and I did order some, so thank you… but I have to ask…. I know it is supposed to make you feel full after eating. Do you find that to be the case, so just eat them for all the other health benefits? Thanks Homie!
    XO – Corey
    Corey recently posted..Bento Love- Shaun the Sheep

• Courtney says

I don’t notice much of a difference in it making me feel more or less full…I just like them for the texture and because I know I’m getting some extra omega-3’s :)

Love sangria — it’s so refreshing in the summer :)

I eat the same exact thing for breakfast every morning — oatmeal with chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, and craisins. With a banana on the side. I never ever get sick of it! It’s like peanut butter cup oatmeal :)
    On the weekends, I like to have spinach and cheese omlettes though. My boyfriend is an omlette master so I let him cook 😉

ah i love van’s lite waffles! I almost had some this morning but cereal was just calling my name. That’s what I would eat every morning! but i try to change it up.
    Alexis recently posted..WIAW!

I would have Fitnessista’s cookie dough cereal….or oatmeal with all the mix-ins! I just don’t have time for anything other than a protein shake after my morning workout because I am always late for work! lol You reminded me I need to get Van’s waffles…those are good for on the go too!