A Life Changing Beverage + Fun With Friends

by Courtney on June 4, 2011

Happy Weekend! Hope yours is off to a great start!

Jay and I started our weekend last night by heading over to Joe & Kate’s new house. We had a little grilling planned, but the boys also had another something to take care of first…

Replacing Jay’s brakes on his car. These two are pretty savvy when it comes to cars, so they were able to replace them with no problem.

Kate and I, on the other hand, were not there to work up any elbow grease. We enjoyed watching while snacking on some chips and salsa and having a beverage.

That beverage we were sipping on last night may have just changed my life. No joke.

I have had the Firefly Sweet Tea flavored vodka before, but now they make a Skinny Tea that is actually made with Truvia. We mixed our skinny tea with some lemonade, and let me just say…

Ohhhhh myyyyy goodness. Smile with tongue out

Once the boys were done being mechanics, we got to work on dinner.

I ended up bring a potato salad which was made with some purple potatoes that I was sent from Tasteful Selections to sample. The purple potatoes are so crazy looking, aren’t they? I consulted their website to find a recipe and ended up using this one, which was pretty tasty and super easy to make.

My plate: grilled chicken sandwich with ketchup & mustard, potato salad, and a tossed salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Everything tasted awesome, and I probably would have gone back for seconds had I not chowed on so many chips earlier and had there not been dessert…

Ohhhh yes. Earlier yesterday, I had to make a batch of these cupcakes, and these, so I made sure to make some extra to bring with us tonight.

Since I couldn’t decide which one I wanted (surprise, surprise) Jay agreed to go halvsies with me on both.

This one was definitely my favorite. Smile

***********

This morning, I woke up craving a little bit of everything for breakfast, so that’s exactly what I did…a sampler plate.

Along with some honeydew melon, I had some scrambled egg beaters with fresh basil, salt, and pepper…topped with ketchup, of course.

Another chocolate chip banana muffin (heated in the microwave for a melty chocolate effect) and a leftover blueberry munchkin.

IMG_4032IMG_4034

And a mug of coffee…unfortunately, we forgot that we used up all of our iced coffee, so we had to brew some up this morning. No big deal, it was still delish. Smile

Jay and I are headed out the door in about thirty seconds to go take care of some errands for the day. Looks like it’s gonna be a nice one!

Random Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite condiment?

I love me some ketchup, but honey mustard is also right up there on my list!

1 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

I hate when I wake up to realize I’m out of iced coffee, too! Sometimes the hot stuff is good once in awhile, but in the summer–bring on the iced coffees.

I’d have to agree with you on the honey mustard–I love it on salad, chicken, etc. So versatile and delicious.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Simply Delicious Part I

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

Wow I can’t believe Jay can change his own breaks!! We need a man like that in our household of only me and my mom ;)

Sounds like you had a delicious spiked Arnold Palmer! That sweet tea vodka sounds so good…

And my favorite condiment is probably hummus. Is that a condiment?? How bout guacamole?? And hot sauce??
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Rolling in the Dough

3 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Yes, Yes, and YES! ;)

4 Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls June 4, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’ve never had Firefly Skinny! (Actually, I didn’t even know they made it) Sounds like the perfect summertime drink! And those cupcakes looks delish :)
Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls recently posted..You Just Cant Beat the Drugstore

5 Katy @ fitinheels June 4, 2011 at 11:29 am

That iced tea lemonade looks glorious!!!! It is so great to see variety in food and the occassional indulge. You are so gorgeous!!! And I love guacamole as a condiment, if that counts :)
Katy @ fitinheels recently posted..The Dance Off

6 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Thank you, Katy!
And yes, it counts ;)

7 faith @ lovelyascharged June 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

I’m definitely a honey mustard girl too! Best condiment evah!

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 4, 2011 at 11:59 am

The frosting on your cupcakes always looks so freaking perfect. I just want to have that entire tray of them to myself…
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Sleepy Saturday

9 Shannon June 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I am so pumped about the skinny sweet tea vodka! I’m heading to the liquor store today to look for it :)

My favorite condiment lately is Frank’s Hot Sauce. I’m not normally one for hot food but it adds a little zip to my eggs and fish without adding the cals :)

10 sara @ the foodie diaries June 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Firefly Skinny + lemonade = any southern girls dream :) It’s noon and I’m kind of craving one, yikes! It’s five o’clock somewhere, right?? ;)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..The Best That Never Was

11 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Absolutely! Especially on a Saturday ;)

12 Cynthia (It All Changes) June 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Frank’s Hot Sauce goes on almost anything. I also love salsa…with a bit of Frank’s thrown in. :-)
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Becoming Lynn

13 Sarah June 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Those eggs with basil look like little eggy clouds!! And I’ve said this before… I’m totally into sampler platters all day err day!
Fav condiment? Either BBQ sauce (sweet baby rays) or honey mustard from Wendy’s… yes it must be from Wendy’s!

14 Tara Burner June 4, 2011 at 1:07 pm

hmmm my favorite….guacamole, hummus, hot sauce, spicy mustard…shoot I dont have one fav! lol
Tara Burner recently posted..Do you pay attention to your BP &amp Pulse

15 Allison June 4, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Skinny Firefly! I’m going to have to look for that next time I’m picking up some goods :)

My fave is probably the grainy mustard they have at deli shops. I’m not usually a big fan of mustard, but I like this one because of its horseradish bite! Great on a sub sandwich :)
Allison recently posted..HEAT WAVE

16 Lauren June 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I love Firefly with lemonade! Great summer drink! I’ve never had the Skinny Firefly though, I’ll have to try that next!
Lauren recently posted..My Healthy-Not-So-Healthy Eating Story

17 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I must say, I feel like iced coffee is a must during the summer! I’m drinking a blueberry DD right now with the delicious dunkin donuts reduced fat blueberry muffin. Yummy! Firefly is delicious but the problem is that I tend to get carried away when I drink it….

Condiments? I am an old-fashioned girl – I love ketchup. I swear, I could put it on anything. Well…maybe not ANYTHING but a lot of food to me tastes better when topped with ketchup.
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Sometimes Healthy – A Day in the Life

18 khushboo June 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Maybe its psychological but sampler plates always sEem to last longer…plus it kinda nails every craving in one meal :)!
khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

19 Emily @ Relishments June 4, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Are they selling Skinny Firefly in the Albany area? Last I knew Firefly Vodka was only available in the South. I’d love to try it out!

I’m not a huge condiment person, but I cannot stand ketchup unless I’m mixing it into something else like homemade sweet and sour or sloppy joes.
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Goals in Progress- May

20 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I’ve seen Firefly in quite a few places around here, but haven’t yet looked for the skinny version :)

21 TheBloggeresBrother June 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm

FRANKS FRANKS FRANKS FRANKS FRANKS FRANKS

22 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm

No surprise THERE ;)

23 Cathy June 4, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I suggest you try your scrambled eggs with good ole’ yellow mustard. It is a German thing, but everyone that has tried it, loves it! Much healthier(?) than catsup! Give it a try!

24 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Really?!? I’ve never heard of such a thing! That sounds crazy…but I’m not intrigued! Thanks for the tip :)

25 Grace June 4, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Oh my goodness I must find that skinny firefly! I love all the MIke’s hard beverages but I’ll only drink the “lite” version which they unfortunately don’t make a lot of varieties of but your tea and lemonade mix sounds so awesome! My favorite condiment is bbq sauce! I can eat it on anything from eggs to salads!
Grace recently posted..A little taste of Michigan Giveaway!

26 Mariana June 4, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Condiments?? Let me see…I love ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce.
Mariana recently posted..Rest

27 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Condiment? Ketchup all the way :) I drown fries in that stuff!
those cupcakes look so good!

28 Paige @ Running Around Normal June 4, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I always eye that beverage at the store, but I’ve never picked it up! I’ve heard it’s gooooood though :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Gatorade G FIT Series- How it Fuels a Long Run

29 Stephanie Bragg June 4, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Salsa. Most definitely my favorite add-on.

How do they make/grow purple potatoes?!
Stephanie Bragg recently posted..Double Groupon!

30 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I have no clue!

31 kirstin June 4, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Where did you buy the skinny tea vodka?

BTW your dinner looks great!

32 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I actually didn’t get it…my friend Kate had gotten it while she was out of town. Sorry, not much help there!

33 Jen June 4, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Mayo… LOVE it! I know it’s bad but it tastes so freakin good!!!

If you like the tea/vodka combo you should try an Ice Pick. It’s iced tea and vodka… I drink mine with Raspberry Stoli and a packet or 2 of Splenda (the bartender that makes them for me loves them and drinks them with Orange Stoli… he puts the sweetener in to cut the taste of the 90% vodka and 10% tea! LOL). They are sooooo good!!!

34 Courtney June 4, 2011 at 10:40 pm

That DOES sound good!!

35 Kristi June 5, 2011 at 8:15 am

Yum! I never knew they made sweet tea flavored vodka… and mixing it with lemonade. I’m going to have to find that vodka. Sounds like a perfect summertime drink.

36 Kristen June 5, 2011 at 9:57 pm

ketchup is defiantly my favorite. My family jokes that I eat ketchup with everything and they ask if I want fries with my ketchup haha
Kristen recently posted..3 New Ways to Attract More Twitter Followers from WordPresscom

37 Jamie June 6, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I could not agree more with you… fire fly skinny tea changed my life too! I’ve been a fan of the original for awhile and I was so excited when I found out the skinny version had made it’s way to Texas. It’s really good if you muddle some fresh mint and limes and mix it with water… It’s kind of like a mo-tea-to!

38 Jessica @ Bake a Little June 8, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Where did you get your great cupcake travelwear?!
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..Choco Peanut Butta Cookies For Guardian Angel George

39 Courtney June 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm

It came from Macy’s – I think it was Martha Stewart brand?