Missing Food Group

Alright, so I guess the bread really isn’t all that bad

Seeing as though I probably made about half a dozen trips out into the kitchen this morning and afternoon to grab a few more nibbles with peanut butter.

Don’t worry, it’s still as ugly as ever, and if you happened to stop by my house this afternoon I probably wouldn’t serve you a piece because it’s really not incredible.

But it’s here, so I’m eating it.

And I even went ahead and had some more for lunch. Smile

Only this time, I popped a slice in the toaster so it would make my peanut butter all melty and delicious. Oh goodness, why is melty peanut butter soooo good?

Considering I’ve consumed more than enough bread + pb all morning, I kept lunch a bit on the lighter side, rounding out my meal with a black cherry Chobani,

and some fresh fruit: honeydew, strawbs, and bloobs.

You probably noticed that this lunch was lacking the all-important veggie food group…

…well that’s because tonight I already know that I’m headed to one of my favorite salad places, where I intend on eating a salad the size of my head.

But I still made an attempt to cover the rest of my nutritional bases for my mid-day meal, so I think I should be good to go for the day. Now my evening will be devoted entirely to veggies…and fro yo. Winking smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you try to incorporate many food groups at each meal or just for a whole day?

Which food group would you say you eat the most from?

Mine would have to be breads and grains…no doubt!

Comments

Melty peanut butter really is amazing- I don’t know what it is about it! I think as long as you have one big salad a day, you don’t have to worry about veggies at other meals…it all works out in the end!
    Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Most Overheard

Yep.. I am a grain girl too. My new favorite thing to do with pasta is to use whole wheat organic pasta and mix it with spinach. I will saute a cup of frozen spinach with garlic, mix in 1/2 cup of my cooked pasta and drizzle with olive oil or spaghetti sauce and boom! A super filling meal without feeling bad about eating pasta. If you have a side of fruit, you have covered almost all your bases :) I totally just ate a bowl right before I read this entry. heheh
    Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love- Roni the Bear

I hope you’re going to handle it at 16 Handles tonight!!! I think frozen yogurt should be in its own food group. I may write the USDA about that one…
    I try to eat the most from the veg group, but I’m REALLY into dairy (cheese, yogurt… frozen yogurt).

Last night my entire meal consisted of one food group: Dairy. My dinner was a large frozen yogurt (chocolate mint flavored) drenched in sprinkles. Is sugar a food group?

Usually I get lots of veggies. Unless I’m really stressed out, in which case, pretzels become another food group along with various condiments for dipping :-)
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Girls on the Run 5K Recap- A Lesson in Runpowerment!

haha, I do that all the time as well…cutting off “slivers” of rice krispie bars, brownies, etc. Before I know it, I’ve eaten more than I would have if I just cut myself a piece. Oh well!

I try to get a carb, fruit or veggie, and protein at each meal to keep my diet balanced. Some days it is tricky though! Especially when it gets so hot and nothing really sounds all that great.
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Saturday Sister Shopping Date

I feel like it isn’t a meal unless it has veggies in it. Even with my smoothie kick lately I always add spinach! It’s weird, but I don’t feel complete without my veggie fix lol!

I’ve definetely been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies throughout the day, but it’s not always easy with fruit, since the prices are crazy high here! I usually over indulge with carbs like bread, oatmeal, RICE, PASTA… which is a no-no… =(
    Your bread and that skippy pb, to die for! I seriously considering baking a bread in this 90 degree weather, just so I can eat some! ahhh =]
    xoxo,
    juju

p.s. I think you can do 6 miles in 25 mins! go for it!! lol
    Juju recently posted..Beef and Vegetable Soup – Quick

8. Danica says

I try to make sure I have enough fruit and veggie servings per day. That usually means some of each at every meal but not always. I too eat the most servings of the breads/grains group each day. I don’t think I could ever be without carbs!

I eat A LOT of fruit. I mean, a lot. I try to incorperate veggies in at least one meal everyday, I know I should do more, but fruit is just so much better than lettuce :)

I still have not been to Salad Creations or the froyo place 16 Handles, so I think I need to take a trip to Clifton Park and stuff my face soon :)

Sometimes I don’t get all the food groups in during a meal, but I usually fill my quota for the day, so I figure, as long as I eat them at some point its all the same!
    Emily recently posted..Confessions

Hey! The bread isn’t SO bad. At least it slices up as a square!

I love toasting my bread before slathering on the PB. It really gives it that melty and gooey deliciousness, along with the natural creaminess. Heaven!

Usually I try to eat all of my nutrients in one meal, but I NEVER eat veggies at breakfast when I eat it at home. Sometime when I go out, I’ll get a veggie omelet, but that’s about it!

Have fun eating out tonight! Make a salad I’ll be proud of 😉
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Scenes from the City

I try to make sure my overall day is balanced – so if I know there isn’t going to be many veggies at supper, lunch is a big ol’ veggie salad, I always try to have fruit in the morning along with carbs and protein to keep me full and give me energy :)

It really changes what group I eat the most of, right now with the warmer weather – fruits and veggies but in the colder months, carbs and more carbs!

I try to balance it out through the day mostly. Like, if I have a green smoothies for breakfast I can have something more bready-y for lunch (sandwich). Or, if I have oatmeal for breakfast I typically eat a salad a lunch. Dinner is typically a balance of everything though.

I think depending on the day I will favor veggies or breads/grains – all depends :)
    Kelsey @ a piece of kelsey recently posted..New Recipe of the Week!

I eat tons and tons of fruit! If I didn’t need protein, I probably wouldn’t even bother with it. I have recently been trying to incorporate more veggies but I’m not sure my digestive system is on board yet. I must confess, though, that I am a cereal monster and have been known to finish three boxes in a one week!
    Shana Powell recently posted..The Dog Days of Summer

hahah I love it. Sometimes I’ll just be in the mood for something repeatedly. Multiple times a day. Every day. But I usually try and eat something else so as to balance everything out. I like that you just kept going for what you wanted :-)
    Megan@eatmybeets recently posted..I finally did it

Ugly food always tastes the best (e.g. OATS)! I have this anal obsession with always including veggies in my lunch and dinner..I need to remind myself that it’s not the end of the world if I don’t occasionally!
    Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

17. Amy says

I eat alot of pnut butter and nuts and love my oatmeal too. I try to eat balanced I make sure to get protein and carb at each meal with either fruit or starch and a fat.

• Courtney says

Amyyyy! Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask you…didn’t you say you were going to get a Shellac manicure recently? How did it go??

18. Amy says

I’m getting it tomorrow. I can’t wait. I’ll keep u posted. I hope I like it cause we’re leaving for South Beach for 3 days so I hope it lasts.