One Of The Benefits

One of the (many!) benefits of having my own blog is that I have SO many memories to look back on.

While I’ve always enjoyed browsing through old posts here and there, I’ve recently took a liking to re-reading the posts that I wrote on the same day, but from the previous year. It’s not only fun to see what I was doing, but also to compare how much my blog has developed and changed in such a short amount of time, too.

So when I went ahead and checked out my June 8, 2010 blog posts, I was actually quite surprised to see that they were probably two of my most open and honest posts I’ve ever written.

I don’t know why I was surprised to see them; I mean, I already knew what they said. I guess I just had no sense of when I actually decided to come out and write them. I’ll tell you though…as tough as those posts were to write, and even to think about now, I honestly find solace in knowing how much of a better place I’m in today.

YAY for leaping over life’s hurdles! Smile

And another YAY for a delicious lunch that was practically prep-free.

Would you believe that I totally forgot about last night’s salad leftovers in my fridge? Opening the door to see them staring back at me was just fantabulous. Before digging in, I actually popped a beano.

Laugh if you must (I’m sure if my dad or brother are reading it they sure are), but I decided it was worth giving a shot, seeing as though salads have been giving me wicked bloated bellies lately. I took one last night before my salad and actually felt pretty good. We’ll see how today goes.

Along with my salad leftovers, I snacked on another piece of what we’ll now just call ugly bread, which actually doesn’t look all that ugly when it’s toasted and topped with peanut butter. Just sayin’.

Quick, easy, filling, delicious. Perfect. Smile

Before lunch, I completed a quick workout (2 mile run + 30 mins Pilates) so now it’s time to go shower and head out to run a couple errands!

Question for the Afternoon:

If you blog, do you ever go back and re-read any of your old posts just for fun?

If you don’t blog, what’s your favorite way of looking back at old memories (photos, videos, etc.?)

1. Laura says

I’m not a blogger but my MIL bought me a 10-year journal. It has a brief amount of space to jot down just a couple sentences per day. So for any given day, on the same page, I can see what I wrote over 10 years. I just started it this year so no comparison yet but I think it will be really fun over the years especially since we just got married and will be starting a family at some point in the next 10 years :)

• Courtney says

My grandma used to journal, and every time I went to her house to visit, I always LOVED reading it. :)

I’d love to look back at what I wrote on my blog a year ago, but unfortunately my blog is just a baby! But I’ll be looking forward to it come next year 😉

LOL I hope the beano helps! I think I need to get on that too…
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..City Watching

i like to go re-read some of my posts…it’s a great trip down memory lane, and also helps me remember when things actually happend!
    i also like to go through old datebooks/agendas and see what i did on this day, 2 years ago.

beano. i’m interested to see how you like it!

I look at old facebook albums from time to time when I’m feeling nostalgic. It only goes back to my sophomore year of high school, but it’s crazy to think about kids now who will have their whole lives documented on facebook! Pictures of pregnant moms, newborns, etc. Pretty cool!
    Colleen recently posted..I Was Power Sculpted

5. Mandee says

I totally want some of that ugly bread!!! My dad makes this awesome beer bread with dries berries in it… Maybe I’ll ask him to whip some up for me… Your ugly bread is making me hungry!
    Mandee recently posted..Hostess Cupcake Homecoming

I love going back and re-reading old blog posts. That’s one of my main motivations to blog, especially for my family blog. Little babies change so fast! I just started my running blog, and haven’t had it long enough to see if I enjoy going back and re-reading those posts. I’m sure I will, especially years from now.
    Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) recently posted..Almost a Quitter

How was that run today? I know where I am, it was BRUTALLY hot! And my blog isn’t old enough yet to look back on, but I can’t wait to have it as a journal in a few more months.

The bread looks so great now! Huh..imagine that!

I love looking at old facebook pictures and conversations. I honestly can’t believe the things I used to write to my friends on facebook and old the statuses we used to have. Facebook is honestly a great memory book! Haha
    Kayleigh recently posted..Did the sun come out

You probably don’t even realize how many people relate to those 2 posts that you wrote! So many women and girls these days know exactly what you went through. I’m coming out just on the other side of that whole fiasco! I haven’t really had anyone to talk to about everything in detail, but have definitely been making changes and sticking to them. I’m thankful for blogs like yours. They encourage me to keep going and change my perspective!
    Anna Crouch recently posted..Ive Gained So Much More

• Courtney says

Thank you, Anna. And best of luck to you. Please feel free to email me if you ever need someone to talk to. :)

I just started blogging so I don’t have posts from previous years yet but I laughed out loud when I read your post since I’m obsessed with going through my iCal at work to see what I was doing on that day a year before. It’s fun to look back and see how much things have changed.
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Housekeeping

11. Shayla says

I remember reading that post and I remember thinking how comforting it felt to know I wasn’t alone in having a past of those similar struggles and I relate to you in that feeling of overcoming them and being in a healthier state physically, emotionally, and mentally. You should be so proud of yourself and that’s why I love blogs such as yours, PB Fingers, Carrots n Cake, Kath Eats, etc., it reminds to stay on this healthy journey and that everything can have a balance and be enjoyed in moderation without any deprivation :)

I’m curious to know how the Beano turns out for you….I too have wicked bloating after a huge jass salad and would love to know if it works!

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← One Of The Benefits […]