Bright and Colorful

What is it about a bright, colorful lunch that just really gets me and my appetite super pumped up?

After spending the latter part of the morning making a few impromptu purchases at Old Navy (I’ll fill ya’ll in on the goods tomorrow for Fashion Friday Winking smile), I arrived home pretty darn ravenous. This meant lunch needed to be quick and fuss-free.

Enter: Two big ‘ol carrot sticks with hommus

A yogurt bowl made with a vanilla Chobani, honeydew, some strawberries that are on their last leg, and granola.

Kinda Christmas-y, right? Smile

And to satisfy my sweet tooth, I enjoyed two Original Almondina Cookies.

I received a package in the mail yesterday from Almondina, filled with seven different varieties of their crispy almond cookies to sample. You guys already know I’m a sucker for anything almond-flavored, so I was ecstatic to dig right in.

At the risk of going overboard, I only have one package opened right now, which is the Original. The Original is not only filled with almonds, but raisins as well. The almond flavor definitely did not disappoint, and the delicate, crisp and crunchy texture was delicious.

I’m loving these little guys!

And the nutrition stats aren’t half bad either!

I’m already trying to decide which flavor to dig into next…hopefully they’re all just as good. Should I go for Cinnaroma?

Chocolate Cherry? Choconut?

Oh boy…I think I ought to pop some of these in the freezer before I end up having all seven varieties opened at once. Winking smile

*********

I am doing some major damage on my to-do list today. Now…time to tackle my inbox and mayyyyyybe a little baking, despite the soaring temps in our kitchen.

Question for the Afternoon:

Fill in the blank: My ideal lunch would be: __________________.

Comments

My ideal lunch would be….a giant bag of pretzels with a side of chocolate fro yo. Ever dipped pretzels in fro yo? Mmmmm, so good.

I know it’s not healthy but at least I’m actually eating a salad right now :-) What can I say? The heart wants what the heart wants.
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy” Girl recently posted..Ode to Coffee

• Courtney says

I started reading this comment without even looking at who wrote it and I already had a feeling it was you! ;)

I’ve never tried fro yo with pretzels, but I love salty + sweet, so I’m sure it’s delish!

2. Jen M. says

Ideal lunch for me is usually a sandwich! I loooooove sandwiches! Turkey, havarti, basil, tomato, spinach, red onion, on bakery fresh sourdough is like a little slice of heaven… yum!

3. allison says

The chocolate-cherry ones are absolutely the best. mmmmmmm.

Ideal lunch? Artisano, a gourmet sandwich shop in Southern Ontario (very much like Panera)

My ideal lunch is actually just a toasted turkey sandwich, although your lunch today looks amazing. I love colorful food as well..I might have to switch from the sandwich to your lunch tomorrow…it just looks sooo good!
    Kayleigh recently posted..Did the sun come out

My ideal lunch would be sushi! I can’t get enough of it, I just wish it wasn’t so expensive! My second choice would be panera :) YUM

Mmmm… I love ALMOND anything. I actually just found almond oil furniture polish at target and I was so ecstatic (pathetic, I know). I read though that the smell of almond is supposed to make you remember things better…
    ANYWHO… I’ll have to try out those almond cookies you got. How do you get so many fun things sent to you? I want samples to come to me in the mail!

Ohhh my!!! It’s like a Biscotti Christmas!! Such a rainbow. Major biscotti envy… And I had just about the same thing for lunch except strawbs and nanners! My idea lunch would probably be a grilled PB & J. Or maybe a grilled cheese… any kind of kid food grilled is fine by me.

Totally off-topic, but have you ever made cake balls? Jut wondering how easy or hard they are to make. Plus, you’re such a talented baker that I think you would come up with lots of fun flavor creations and make them look very cute. I love when you show pics of your latest baking creations.
    Jill recently posted..I’m Not Really a Waitress

• Courtney says

Thanks, Jill! I actually haven’t attempted cake balls. I know, crazy, right? I’ll have to change that soon though. ;)

9. Mandee says

My ideal lunch would be either a slice of Brooklyn style pizza or this seared yellow fin tuna with granny apple Cole slaw that I had at a restaurant… Best meal I ever ate! And then they never had it on the menu again, so I’m left to dream about it! Haha

Can’t wait to see your old navy buys!
    Mandee recently posted..Hostess Cupcake Homecoming

My ideal lunch would be…a chopped salad consisting of:

* antibiotic free range chicken
    * spinach and butter lettuces
    * cranberries
    * walnuts/pecans (roasted preferably)
    * light feta cheese
    * balsalmic dressing
    * slice of gluten-free bread
    …this sounds amazing…I think I shall make it ASAP
    Claire recently posted..Foodie on her Friday

I get really excited about different colored foods, too. Makes lunch so much cheerier! My perfect lunch would be a huge salad with fruit and grilled chicken and some delicious frozen yogurt with toppings for dessert!
    Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Housekeeping

I’m so curious as to what you got from Old Navy. I was just in there the other day & had no luck finding anything! I know we have some similar Old Navy outfits, so maybe I just missed ‘em! :) You always look so cute with your outfits!
    Holly recently posted..Getting Prepped for the BIG Day!