Fashion Friday: Old Navy Finds

by Courtney on June 10, 2011

Happy Fashion Friday!!

Today’s Topic: My Recent Old Navy Finds

Yesterday, I mentioned that I made a few impromptu purchases at Old Navy. I originally only had intentions of running in to grab a couple of their 2 for $5.00 flip flops.

I practically live in these flip flops all summer long, and my few pairs from last year are ready to be retired.

Well, as soon as I entered the store, I was immediately bombarded with tons of ridiculously cute clothes. Crap. This was not good.

Old Navy is usually a hit or miss store for me, but I have noticed that I tend to have much better luck with their spring/summer clothes, rather than their fall/winter clothes. This is a good thing…summer clothes are usually cheaper!

So once I made my rounds through the store and attempted not to grab one of everything, I headed to the dressing room to see what damage could be done.

Outfit #1: Navy Blue Print Tank ($8.50) + Embroidered Gauze Skirt ($26.50)

IMG_4242-1

I definitely picked up the tank, but as much as I loved the skirt, I decided to pass on it. Maybe next time…

Outfit #2: Crochet-Trim Top in Coral ($19.94) + Khaki Shorts ($22.94)

IMG_4250-1

I immediately fell in love with this tank not only for the color, but for the comfort. I ended up getting the shorts too because it’s pretty rare that I can find a pair of shorts these days that aren’t riding up my butt cheeks. Winking smile

I can’t seem to find this particular pair online, but they’re light, 100% cotton, and came in a couple different colors in the store.

Outfit #3: Floral Embellished Tank in White ($14.94) + Rolled-Up Poplin Cargo Capris ($29.50)

I’m always looking for white tanks that have a little “extra” to them, and I really liked the simple embellishments on this one.

I also absolutely fell in love with these cargo capris (wow, talk about comfortable!) but alas, they did not have them in my size (those you see above would have fallen off had a taken a few too many steps.

**If anyone happens to find them in a size small, in this color, I would be more than happy to reimburse you for them if you pick them up for me. Winking smile

Outfit #4: Braided-Trim Jersey Sundress in Tropical Undertow ($19.50)

I adore sundresses in the summertime. They’re so easy to throw on and probably the easiest way to try to beat the heat. This particular dress caught my eye for the dropped elastic waistband, which gives it a bit of structure while still staying easy-breezy.

The damage: 1 pair shorts, 3 tank tops (I didn’t purchase the white patterned one you see pictured left), 2 basic flip flops, Double Buckle T-Strap Sandles in Bronze, and 1 sundress.

IMG_4262IMG_4263

Thanks to a 10% off coupon and a $25.00 gift card, I snagged all this for just over $64.00.

Unless you’re name is Jay and you’re reading this…in that case, I got it all for free. Mmmkay?

I’ve been trying really hard to go easy on the extra spending lately, but I found all of these purchases absolutely essential. You’ll see why soon enough. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What are some of your favorite summer wardrobe staples?

1 kate June 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm

every blog I read is getting amazing shopping deals I need to shop with you guys! haha I love the thing about your husband reading I have to do that when my mom reads..

2 Jessica @ Bake a Little June 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Old Navy is my favorite! I got a great Groupon deal I wanted to share with you but I don’t think its available anymore :(
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..I Am a WindowBut At Least Im Eating Butterscotch Brownies

3 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 3:18 pm

It’s not…I missed out on it. So bummed :(

4 Alicia June 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Very cute! I love everything!
Alicia recently posted..Freihofer’s Run for Women

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 10, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Completely agree about Old Navy being hit or miss. I usually hate their winter stuff but the summer stuff is cheap and cute! I hear ya on the shorts, I don’t know how people wear half the shorts out there now! Don’t we sound so old?
Cute purchases :)

6 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I feel old every time I go shopping for shorts now!!

7 Kathryn June 10, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I just bought that exact same coral tank top! I wore it to take my nursing state boards test and passed – maybe that shirt is good luck ;) haha! You look so cute in all your new clothing!

8 Tiffany June 10, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Such cute stuff! And great job on paring down your purchases… that can be really hard to do. :) I love their spring/summer clothes too. Decent quality, pretty embellishments and inexpensive! I have a $20 gift card (thanks Groupon!) and I’m really looking forward to spending it!

9 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 10, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Necessary because you’re going on vacation?!?!

I love the blue top and the white tank. Old Navy is definitely hit or miss, but it looks like you got a hit :) Cheap stuff too!!
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Good Start

10 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza June 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

SUCH cute finds! I’m the same way with Old Navy – hit or miss! Looks like you had mostly hits, that’s for sure. I love the shorts and the tank top! My favorite place to shop for good deals is Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Outlet…they have great summer stuff out!! :)

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun June 10, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I love old navy for cute, comfy, casual gear too. And I always find better things in their summer/spring collections. You make me want to go shopping!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflection- Overcoming Binging

12 Melissa June 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Sundresses! I am positively addicted to them! Most of mine are from the Victoria’s Secret catalogue and I love every single one! :)

13 Jess@atasteofconfidence June 10, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I love those cargo pants too. Can you get them online?
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..bachelorette- country style

14 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm

They only had XXL in that color :(

15 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com June 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm

How do you look so so amazing in every single color. LOVED THIS!!! Okay, coral was made for you!!! I need to go to Old Navy now:) LOVE YOU!!

16 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Thanks, Janae! Go get ‘em! ;)

17 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign June 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I feel as thought Old Navy is hit or miss too. I also feel like their sizing is a little…off? Their clothing seems to fit me awkwardly–a lot of things feel boxy or something?

My summer staples are Nike tempo shorts, tanks, and sundresses.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Housekeeping

18 Sarah June 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm

That skirt!!! Ahhh love the embroidery. Just got a gorgeous lace skirt from anthro yesterday (blogged about it today!)
And those flippy flops are the biggest steal in the world. I LOVE LOVE them!

19 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Ah, I just got the groupon (or living social or whatever) for Old Navy. Looks like I know where I’ll be stopping after work. (but seriously. Thanks for the reminder to stop there after work.)

20 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I do what I can ;)

21 Lisa June 10, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I feel like I have a billion pairs of old navy flip flops! & I have the same shorts from old navy that I’m actually wearing right now! ha :)
Lisa recently posted..Get To Know Me!

22 Lindsay@LivingLindsay June 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Every single thing looks amazing on you!! You have a great sense of style. I love those capris – stinks they didn’t have them in your size. I love the color. My fave color combo in the summer is that color with white – so classic. Great finds!!

23 Claire June 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Way to get some great deals, Court! I like everything you picked out!
Claire recently posted..Foodie on her Friday

24 ellalinea June 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Thx for the great refferal to old navy! I’m collecting all the names of cool stores I have to visit when in the US..

And everything is so cheap there, I better start saving.. :D :)

Summertime wardrobe stables: Shorts ( white/ beige/ jeans), a lot of basic sundresses which I can pimp up with some accesories, white sandals, camel sandals with a small heel, long necklaces, a white bikini..

I usually stay within these colours: white/grey/beige/pink/camel and sometimes a fun print
ellalinea recently posted..Paris is calling Bikram yoga- locking the knee

25 ellalinea June 10, 2011 at 3:42 pm

referral sorry :)
ellalinea recently posted..Paris is calling Bikram yoga- locking the knee

26 Jen M. June 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

You are so darling! I bought that coral tank in one of the other colors they had, soooo cute AND comfy!

27 Laura J. June 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Old Navy is always hit or miss with me too– love what you got tho!! Very cute and all that for $64 sounds like a great deal to me :)

28 Holly June 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I can get the capris for you — I tried those on when I was in the other day & really liked them…but I didn’t buy them yet, was debating between those & some shorts I saw at another store…although I might go & get the capris too ;) Just let me know!!
& I got those coral top in white– great minds think alike ;) I think we are Old Navy twins!
Oh, I’m bummed because the do NOT have that cute tank at my store- it is adorable though- looks super cute on you! :)
Holly recently posted..Getting Prepped for the BIG Day!

29 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Great minds DO think alike! I actually have someone checking for me over the weekend, but if they’re unsuccessful, I’ll be sure to let you know! Thanks for offering :)

30 tina @ vanillandspice June 10, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I love the coral top! It looks really nice on you.
tina @ vanillandspice recently posted..It’s About Time

31 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Thanks!

32 Khushboo June 10, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I love your finds, although they make me wanna go shopping kinda bad! Hope you find those cargos in a S, they look great! It’s so irritating when u find something that really suits you yet it’s a size too big…bittersweet much??
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

33 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 10, 2011 at 11:57 pm

LOVE the tanks and the coral looks especially flattering on you!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Tail of Two Cats

34 Mac June 11, 2011 at 1:12 am

Love the coral tank top! I can’t wait to get a pay check I can go splurge on!
Mac recently posted..Best Bread Ever!

35 Trisha June 11, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I just got home from Old Navy! Goodness…I had to make myself leave empty handed. Tons of cute stuff!
Trisha recently posted..Deceivingly Delicious

36 Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking July 28, 2011 at 12:03 am

damn, you look good in every single outfit. i loved that orange color on you! you’re so pretty.

37 Courtney July 28, 2011 at 10:18 am

Thank You!! :)

38 Kristin February 8, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I love that coral colored tank top!! I have been really wanting to get out and do some shopping especially since I got my tax return back, I don’t want to spend a ton but I really want to get some work out clothes, a new pair of tennis shoes and some clothes for spring/summer. What’s even better is we payed everything off except two loans so I think a small shopping trip is in order!!
Kristin recently posted..Clothes shopping spree at Goodwill!