The Little Things

by Courtney on June 10, 2011

Sometimes, it’s the little things that make me happy…

Like getting a Shellac manicure from my favorite salon

Or going to Target and realizing that they had honey graham Clif Z Bars on sale for $1.98 (only that kind though!)…

Or snacking on my favorite kettle corn, and still wondering why in the world it’s so amazing…

Or realizing I have some super ripe bananas that can be baked into my favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Only to then realize that I was out of chocolate chips, but found an even better substitute in the form of a Pure Dark Chocolate Slab that was sent to me months ago from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program

Which then led to an even better batch of cookies, thanks to the shreds of chocolate being dispersed throughout the whole cookie…

But don’t forget about the big hunks of chocolate too…

Oh.my.goodness.I’ve.already.had.three.and.I.want.more.

**********

Yes, sometimes it’s just the little things that make me smile, and today has certainly been full of them. Speaking of the little things, have you ever checked out Julie’s “The Little Things” posts? They’re great…and you can even submit your own!

Now I’m off to enjoy another little thing in the form of cheering on hubby at his softball game with some of my favorite people.

Question for the Evening:

What was a little thing that made your day?

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 10, 2011 at 7:05 pm

You scored a great deal on those Z bars! Nice! :)

The little thing that will be making my day is the glass of wine I’m about to enjoy!

2 Jennie June 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Those cookies look so yummy! And its the little things that make me happy too!

3 VanessaG June 10, 2011 at 7:12 pm

The little things make me happy too! Today, it made my day when I was running at a park and two women stopped me to ask where do I get my t- shirts. I have xc t-shirts that say “Day by day, mile by mile,” “Never Give In”, and one that says “i run the world.” I told them that I got them in college when I ran xc. I guess they just made me feel proud and happy for some reason cause I’ve been in a good mood since. Yep, little things make me happy. :)

4 briana June 10, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Quick question about the shellac manicure, do your nails have to be long? I’m an avid nail bitter….the little thing for me today is that I have ben and jerry’s in the freezer for dessert!

5 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I don’t think so? They polish them like regular polish, it’s just the special UV light that is different I think?

6 Jen M. June 11, 2011 at 1:23 am

NOPE!! Your nails are better off being on the short side with a shellac mani! Most of the colors will last 14 days (and um, the “Tutti Frutti, which is a bright pink that I LOVE and always get complemented on, lasts for-ev-er!) And since the polish sits tight for so long (provided you don’t pick at it!!), it’s best to start with shorter nails, otherwise you end up with talons at the end of the two weeks!! My best friend does them for me, I love love love shellac manicures!!!!! Try it!!

7 Kelly June 10, 2011 at 7:17 pm

The honey graham flavor is best though!! :)

8 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I know!! I was psyched :-D

9 Mandee June 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm

My little thing of the day was that I just went to a new spray tan place and not only was the lady super nice but I then found out the spray smelled amazing AND was 95% organic! I now smell like vanilla cherry blossoms and that makes me happy.

Your Mani looks great! And your rings are sooo pretty.
Mandee recently posted..Hostess Cupcake Homecoming

10 Kelsey @ a piece of kelsey June 10, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Those cookies look amazing!!! I have some bananas needing to be used….hmmm. And don’t you love the shellac manicures…they last so much longer and are so shiny!!!
Kelsey @ a piece of kelsey recently posted..I am the Godkitty…

11 Niki (Life's a Payne) June 10, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Little things for me today…

-having a beer with a great friend an hour before my exam after studying for 4 hours STRAIGHT!
-having our exam be easier than the previous one!
-finding a half eaten chocolate bar from Wednesday in my cupboard!

Excellent post, really made me look back on the good things today :) !
Niki (Life’s a Payne) recently posted..Amys Guest Post – Fighting Temptations

12 Morgan @ Endorphaholic June 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Ah Kettle Corn! I have the best recipe for you:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup kernels

Heat the oil with a few kernels inside. Once those kernels start popping, add the kernels and sugar. Stir constantly to keep sugar from burning. After the popping slows down, pour into a bowl and try not to burn your mouth!!

It’s SOO delicious!
Morgan @ Endorphaholic recently posted..San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon- Race Recap

13 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 9:16 pm

YUMM!! Thanks for the recipe!

14 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 10, 2011 at 8:38 pm

The little thing that made my day was a note from a senior person in my organization, copying the company’s CEO, saying what a great job I did on my presentation today! 4 stars for Jamie :-) hehe
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Walk it Out – Deep Thoughts- By Sometimes Healthy

15 Samantha June 10, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I got to enjoy dinner out on my patio with one of my best friends – just the two of us, eating and laughing. It was great!
Samantha recently posted..Adapt! Improvise! Overcome! Day 23 &amp 24

16 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 10, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Your nails are lovely!

& yummm, those cookies are making my mouth water.

17 Courtney June 10, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Haha….so were YOURS! ;)

18 Sarah June 10, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I can’t believe those cliff bars were only $1.98!! Such a steal. The little thing that made my day today was taking my dog for a walk. She’s so sweet :)

19 Khushboo June 10, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I love the Z Bars although I’ve only tried the S’more flavor. This is going to sound crazy to most of you but I cookd an egg sunny-side up for the first time last night! Omg, what was I doing all these years just eating the whites ;)
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

20 Courtney June 11, 2011 at 6:18 am

It doesn’t sound crazy…I’ve never done it either ;)

21 shaffy June 10, 2011 at 11:10 pm

what made me happy…? taking the day off from work, waking up late, finding my secret stash of chocolate fudge popsicles intact in the freezer (the army didn’t realise they existed, i guess), and…….. my new treadmill got delivered from the store!! woot woot!!

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 10, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen your wedding ring/engagement ring before but it’s GORGEOUS!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Tail of Two Cats

23 Courtney June 11, 2011 at 6:17 am

24 Mac June 11, 2011 at 12:51 am

Going fishing with the kid I was watching for the first time in years! Brings back good memories.

25 Meg June 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I love your ring! It looks a lot like mine… :)
Meg recently posted..Hunter took a tumble

26 amy June 11, 2011 at 8:21 pm

now I’m wanting the shellac mani again

27 Julie @SavvyEats June 11, 2011 at 9:11 pm

If you have too many cookies, please feel free to send them my way. ;)

Would you mind if I published the first few paragraphs of this post and linked to the full thing on my Reader Submissions page?
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..Bacon Brown Rice Risotto

28 Courtney June 11, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Would I mind? Absolutely not!! Go for it! :-D

29 Jessica @ Bake a Little June 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Cliff Z Bars are my FavoRITE!
Jessica @ Bake a Little recently posted..I Am a Tinted Window- and I Bake Always

30 Lindsey November 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I love your nails and your rings!!