Extremely Grateful Today

This morning, I am feeling extremely grateful.

Grateful for the fact that Jay decided not to ask me to join him in a golf tournament today. Because when I tell you that it’s like a monsoon out there, I’m really not kidding.

And as much as I love to golf with my pink clubs (remember, I’m not that bad!) I’d much rather spend my day not looking like a soaking wet ragamuffin.

So what would I rather do then you ask?

Well, for starters, I got up nice and early (since hubs had to be out the door by 6:30am himself) to hit up the gym for some BodyPump. Usually, my Tuesday & Thursday classes are enough for one week, but our instructor informed us the other day that the new release of BodyPump 78 was going to be launched this morning and I was really excited to see the new stuff…and especially the new music track.

song

Thoughts on BP 78:

• The playlist was pretty decent, and kept me “pumped” for most of the class.
  • The back track (#4) includes 24 clean and presses – about double the usual amount…woah.
  • I really liked the song for the bicep track (#6), despite there being no rest.
  • The shoulder track (#8) made me feel like I belonged in an underground techno party.

**********

I decided to forego any extra cardio today (just wasn’t feelin’ it) so I headed home to make some breakfast. The damp, dreary weather had me craving one thing: a nice, warm bowl of creamy buckwheat. But let’s be honest

The real reason I wanted a bowl of buckwheat this morning is because it was the perfect excuse to eat cookies with breakfast is delicious.

In today’s mix:

This bowl was downright incredible for a number of reasons:

1. Using skim milk seemed to totally change the texture of the buckwheat, resulting in a creamy, fluffy batch.

2. I used Hillary’s method of stirring in the nut butter at the end of cooking, rather than putting my usual dollop on top, which is absolutely genius. Thanks, Hil!

3. And, duh, it had a crumbled cookie on top…of course it’s going to be incredible!

With breakfast, iced coffee was consumed…

And now I’m a happy camper and officially ready to tackle today.

I’ve got LOTS to do!

Question for the Morning:

Do you find music influences your workouts? Do you enjoy working out to music?

Comments

I love that Tiesto (#10) made the cut!!! That song really influences my workout. I saw him play at USC a few years back, and I’ve loved his music for workouts ever since

2. Brittany says

Music is extremely important in my workouts. I can’t have a good workout with out it! One time my ipod broke- I flipped out! I had a gigantic pepsi bottle full of coins- so I broke it open so I could buy myself a new ipod. I put that thing on immediate delivery! haha. thank goodness for spare change.

Have a great day! :)

3. Lindsay says

Your b-fast looks delicious! I contacted you yesterday through your site to ask you about blogging. Please don’t feel the need to respond…I went ahead and started one. Once the idea go into my head I just had to go with it :)

I’m so jealous that you got to do the new Body Pump release! I’m sure it was awesome, though I always get tired of the routine two weeks in…

It’s raining like crazy over here too! I wish it would stop so I could go for my run :(
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Good Start

Great tracks, especially numbers 1,2,5,6! Music can def make or break a workout for me. Half the jams on my workout playlist are stuff I wouldn’t normally listen to but they get me raising the tempo!

On a diff note, PLEASE make a sunny side up egg. I just made another & its official: I’m obsessed!
    Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

I can NOT wait to do this release at my gym (mostly because I love Yeah 3x). Music can totally push me to work harder than I would normally, but (on the same note) it can make me feel like giving up if I don’t like the song. Not sure what the release was where the bicep track was a Nickelback song, but that ALWAYS makes me want to give up.
    Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Welcome to the Jungle

Ooo I always get excited for launches. The teachers for my Body Step class last year always dressed up in crazy outfits for the launches, and even threw confetti at the end of class once! So fun.
    Colleen recently posted..Triple Play Saturday

8. Joanna says

I have to work out with music, it drowns out any noise distractions & helps me to focus on my work out while giving me extra motivation too.

Music influences me when I want to keep running or working out in some fashion to keep singing. Show tunes sound tracks are fantastic for this and so is anything up beat from high school.

BTW It is a monsoon out there. I am staying in the library until it goes away or the library closes.
    Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Random Happenings