This morning, I am feeling extremely grateful.
Grateful for the fact that Jay decided not to ask me to join him in a golf tournament today. Because when I tell you that it’s like a monsoon out there, I’m really not kidding.
And as much as I love to golf with my pink clubs (remember, I’m not that bad!) I’d much rather spend my day not looking like a soaking wet ragamuffin.
So what would I rather do then you ask?
Well, for starters, I got up nice and early (since hubs had to be out the door by 6:30am himself) to hit up the gym for some BodyPump. Usually, my Tuesday & Thursday classes are enough for one week, but our instructor informed us the other day that the new release of BodyPump 78 was going to be launched this morning and I was really excited to see the new stuff…and especially the new music track.
Thoughts on BP 78:
- The playlist was pretty decent, and kept me “pumped” for most of the class.
- The back track (#4) includes 24 clean and presses – about double the usual amount…woah.
- I really liked the song for the bicep track (#6), despite there being no rest.
- The shoulder track (#8) made me feel like I belonged in an underground techno party.
- The lunge track made me want to curse the person who designed it…(with a killer sequence of squats – lunges – squats – lunges – squats – lunges –and more lunges) but also made me think of our Wii dance parties.
I decided to forego any extra cardio today (just wasn’t feelin’ it) so I headed home to make some breakfast. The damp, dreary weather had me craving one thing: a nice, warm bowl of creamy buckwheat. But let’s be honest…
The real reason I wanted a bowl of buckwheat this morning is because it
was the perfect excuse to eat cookies with breakfast is delicious.
In today’s mix:
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup skim milk (ran out of almond)
- 1/4+ cup water
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 packet Truvia
- 1/2 tbsp TJ’s Almond Butter with Flaxseed
- cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 crumbled Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie
This bowl was downright incredible for a number of reasons:
1. Using skim milk seemed to totally change the texture of the buckwheat, resulting in a creamy, fluffy batch.
2. I used Hillary’s method of stirring in the nut butter at the end of cooking, rather than putting my usual dollop on top, which is absolutely genius. Thanks, Hil!
3. And, duh, it had a crumbled cookie on top…of course it’s going to be incredible!
With breakfast, iced coffee was consumed…
And now I’m a happy camper and officially ready to tackle today.
I’ve got LOTS to do!
Question for the Morning:
Do you find music influences your workouts? Do you enjoy working out to music?