Greetings From…

by Courtney on June 12, 2011

Hey guys! Sorry for such a long delay…I’m glad to see that you all enjoyed Cody’s post. He begged me and I couldn’t say no.

So early this morning, Jay and I finally reached our vacation destination…

source

Greetings from the Outer Banks, North Carolina!

I’m so excited to finally be here for a whole week of beach, sun, and relaxation.

As soon as we arrived, we unloaded all of our stuff and began checking out the house.

It’s a cute little place that’s just a few blocks away from the beach, and has a great view too.

Not long after, we suited up and headed straight to the pool. Seeing as though it was already midway through the day, we decided to save the beach until tomorrow.

So we all enjoyed a couple drinks while playing some intense pool volleyball.

Since our timing was totally off with driving through the night for almost 11 hours, our eating was also out of whack. We didn’t end up eating breakfast until almost 11am, so by 3:30, all of us were starving. We decided to call it quits at the pool, shower up, and head out for an early dinner.

As I mentioned before, Jay and I have been here to the Outer Banks twice before, and the last year that we were here, we ended up finding this cute little surfer restaurant called The Pit.

IMG_4371IMG_4372

Seeing as though both Jay and I were about ready to eat our last limbs, we immediately ordered some tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole.

The chips were incredible and definitely fresh made. I must have easily eaten my bodyweight in these bad boys + the guac. SO GOOD.

I was super excited to find out that they were offering $2.00 chicken tacos today, so I ended up ordering two of those, soft and sans cheese, with more salsa and guacamole on the side.

Seeing as though they were only $2.00, I didn’t really know what to expect, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken had a really great flavor, and they certainly didn’t skimp on my portions. I ended up eating one full taco and all of the filling out of the other one.

I also ended up snagging a couple bites of Jay’s outrageously good burrito, too. Winking smile

Right next door to the restaurant is a surf shop, which some of our group wanted to go and check out.

I was originally just planning on waiting it out outside, but can you imagine my surprise when I was told to come in, only to see this little cutie?!?

I thought Cody had come and followed us down! That is, until I noticed her fingernails…

Check those babies out! Smile

Too cute!

After hanging out outside the shop for a little bit, we ended up going to our last destination for the evening.

Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

C’mon, it is vacation and all…what did you expect?

I did, however, attempt to keep from going overboard by ordering a “mini” size cookie dough blizzard.

Believe it or not, I had actually never had one of these before, and it was definitely pretty tasty. Then again, it’s ice cream…how could it not be?!?

So I still very much intend to continue blogging while we’re down here in OBX. I have a few awesome guest posts coming up for you this week, including some of my favorite bloggers, a recipe, and even a giveaway, so make sure to stay tuned for all those PLUS my shenanigans down here!

I apologize if there’s any spelling or grammar errors tonight…our wi-fi still isn’t working in our house so I’m currently sitting in a Dunkin Donuts borrowing their wi-fi so I can post this. I love you guys THAT much. Winking smile

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever been to the Outer Banks? Anywhere you’d recommend we check out??? (We’re staying in Corolla!)

1 Lisa @ I'm an Okie June 12, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I am already jealous of your awesome trip! Keep having fun :)

2 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) June 12, 2011 at 9:24 pm

NICE!! I totally didn’t think you were heading south. I’ve never been, but heard it’s amazing – have fun!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Peanut Butter Ritz Crispy Treats

3 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 12, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Woohoo!! Have fun!!

4 Carey @ Positively Blonde June 12, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Have fun!!! I remember seeing the Outer Banks on Kate plus Eight haha and reading about it in Nicholas Sparks books!
Carey @ Positively Blonde recently posted..Pizza Beer

5 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 12, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Never been to Outer Banks but it sure looks like a good time. PS, you look absolutely GORGEOUS in these pictures :-) And this is the second time I’ve seen a DQ blizzard and drooled this weekend (I think Julie posted one too!) mmmmm, can’t wait to go to DQ when I head back to Omaha at the end of July. Have fun!!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..NYRR Mini 10K-Sometimes Healthy Fun Run Race Recap

6 Amy June 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I live just about 90 minutes from where you are. our family vacations in Pine Island every year. The blue pointe grille is a wonderful place to eat, expensive but worth it if you can get a reservation. We also love the jeep tours that let you see the wild horses. We used the same company featured on Jon and Kate and they let my husband drive one of the jeeps. Manteo is also a great little place to visit. Have fun!

7 Lindsay June 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Have so much fun!! I want a DQ blizzard now sooo bad. When I was home in Ohio a few weeks ago I tried to get one but the store had closed 5 minutes earlier :(
Lindsay recently posted..First Post – What up blog world!

8 Kate June 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Your lunch looks amazing enjoy your vaca.

9 Erin June 12, 2011 at 9:43 pm

You HAVE to go to Duck Deli!! We go to the Outer Banks every summer and stay in Duck. Duck Deli is a little Carolina BBQ restaurant (take-out or dine-in), and it is so delicious! BBQ Pulled Pork and Hush Puppies are a must. Duck is either one or two towns over from Corolla, so check it out if you can! I am so jealous you’re there…I will be in the end of July!

10 Courtney June 12, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Ahhhhh thank you for saying this!! We’ve been eyeing that place but weren’t sure what to expect! Thanks!

11 Sarah June 12, 2011 at 9:45 pm

HAHAHA I have a house in the OBX and the photo where you show the “view”… I can SEE MY HOUSE (the blue house right in the dead center of the photo)!!! That is so ridiculous! Go to Mama Kwans in Nags Head and order the Special Occasion pasta… one of the best things I ever ate.

12 Courtney June 12, 2011 at 11:14 pm

You’re kidding!? That’s hilarious! Talk about a small world!
Courtney recently posted..Greetings From…

13 elizabeth @ the good life June 12, 2011 at 9:50 pm

What fun! I’ve never been to the outer banks but it looks like it will be one good time:)
elizabeth @ the good life recently posted..Marco Island- Florida

14 Amy June 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Totally forgot, you have to visit Duck Donuts. I never crave a donut until I hit the beach. I love these!

Bad Bean Taqueria in Timbuck 2 shopping area has good shrimp tacos and margaritas.

Great coffee and neat atmosphere at Ducks Cottage.

15 Courtney June 12, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I’ve seen a couple Duck Donuts! Good to know :)
Courtney recently posted..Greetings From…

16 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 12, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love NC beaches. The trip from NY there though is not so much fun. My parents have a house in Topsail Island, just south of OBX and the 12+ hr drive kills me everytime. Have a great vacation!

17 Brenda @Year 25 June 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Ice cream is totally expected on vacation! I just got back from a week at the beach and the reality of eating normal food is just setting in. Gone are the full-fat salad dressings and fried foods! LOL! Enjoy your week at the beach!
Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Week 20- Vacation in the Deep South

18 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet June 12, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Your vacation looks like it’s off to an awesome start! It must be awesome to be gone for an entire week, and with friends too ;)

I love Cody’s female counterpart, though I don’t think Cody’s cuteness can be beat ;)
Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..This Weekend

19 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 12, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I’m so jealous of all the bloggers at the beach :)
And the coral shirt and white shorts look amazing with your tan!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Readers Request- The Story- Part 1

20 Khushboo June 12, 2011 at 11:32 pm

I would’ve judged if u DIDN’T order that ice cream :)! Looks like your holiday is off to a great start, looking fwd to more recaps!!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

21 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 12, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Enjoy your vacation! I’m sure it will be relaxing!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Frittata for One

22 Jordan D. June 13, 2011 at 12:18 am

your trip looks like it’s going to be so fun! my family actually has a house in OBX that we rent out. it’s in the currituck club in corolla! some good places are the tomato patch across from tim buck II (the mushroom pizza is to die!), the roadside bar and grill in duck (amazing tuna and margaritas) and metropolis in the currituck club for some really great tapas. enjoy! :)

23 erica June 13, 2011 at 1:58 am

ack! a week long beach vacay?!?!? i’m insanely jealous! can’t wait to see all your posts…and having to go and get free wifi at dunkin’ donuts? i don’t think you mind ;p

24 Darcy June 13, 2011 at 6:48 am

What about those yummy french toast bagels………I”m sure we’ll be seeing those soon! Have fun!

25 Courtney June 13, 2011 at 9:16 am

Thanks Darcy! I’ll be having one for sure! ;)

26 Blog is the New Black June 13, 2011 at 7:32 am

So jelly!!!! I’ve always wanted to go to OBX!!!!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Chicken Adobo

27 Erica June 13, 2011 at 7:37 am

You should check out Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head. It’s basically a park of giant sand dunes! It’s a neat thing to see, but I’d go in the evening when the sand cools down a little. Enjoy your vacation! :)

28 Whitney Kailos June 13, 2011 at 7:38 am

obx is the best relaxation ever! I’m so jealous.
Whitney Kailos recently posted..Reunited

29 Tara Burner June 13, 2011 at 7:51 am

ENJOY! looks like you’re having a blast!
Tara Burner recently posted..Motivation Monday-45 natural highs!

30 Stephanie @cookinfanatic June 13, 2011 at 9:42 am

Love love love OBX!! Was just there for Memorial Day weekend and going back a couple more times this summer :) We grew up vacationing there ever since I can remember! Where are you staying? You definitely need to check out Sunset Gril in Duck for sunset drinks on the sound and if you want to go dancing go to Kelly’s! Good shopping: WRV (wave riding vehicles) and 17th street surf shop. Also have you guys seen the play “The Lost Colony” down in Manteo? It’s an outdoor play about the colonists that came to Roanoke Island and it’s really good… I’d highly recommend going to see it. Have a wonderful time!!!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Country Roads- Take Me Home…

31 Lauren June 13, 2011 at 9:43 am

The Outer Banks are amazing! You should make a trip to see one of the light houses. Hatteras isn’t too far from Corolla and it’s absolutely amazing when you see it in person!
Lauren recently posted..A Trip to Flaming Amy’s Burrito Barn – Restaurant Review Wilmington- NC

32 chloe @ 321delish June 13, 2011 at 9:45 am

oh I am so jealous. Make sure you make it to the brew thru :)
chloe @ 321delish recently posted..Friday Fact Day

33 Sam June 13, 2011 at 10:02 am

I thought I recognized that picture of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge you posted on Twitter. I LOVE Outer Banks. My family has been vacationing there for over 10 years. In fact, I met my fiancé down there and we are getting married there next summer!

We usually stay more south these days (Hatteras) but when we’re up north we usually like to do some shopping at Timbuck II. Also, if you’re looking to do something touristy, the Wright Brothers Museum is nice and the dunes in Kitty Hawk are fun to check out. If you have a day to spare I would recommend going down to Ocracroke. It’s such a cute island! (You have to get there by ferry.)

Have fun! I can’t wait to go down there in July.
Sam recently posted..Blog Direction

34 RunEatRepeat June 13, 2011 at 10:14 am

Travel / vacation posts are my favorite! Have a great time :)

35 Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries June 13, 2011 at 10:32 am

I am originally from Va. Beach so I used to go to OBX all the time! I love how much fun stuff there is to do there, lots of bars. I love how everyone surfs there, always good vibe. Have fun! :)
Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries recently posted..Four Seasons of Cancer

36 Megan June 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm

So, so jealous of you. We went to the Outer Banks with my mom’s family (16 cousins, 2 grandparents, 12 aunts and uncles) almost eleven years ago. It was my all time favorite vacation, all my cousins I want to go back now that we are in our teens and 20’s versus most being under ten. Trying to convince the parents to do it! I think we stayed in Corolla or near there at two different houses right by the beach. Have fun!

37 Holly June 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Have a BLAST! I’ve never been to Outer Banks, but I cannot wait to see all of your pictures! :D
Holly recently posted..First Bump in the Honeymoon

38 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 13, 2011 at 8:51 pm

What an amazing vacation! That looks like so much fun with all of your friends!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..7 things about this weekend

39 kristen June 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Have fun!

40 Sandi June 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun and Blizzards are one of my favorites, welcome to your new obsession.
Sandi recently posted..Catch Their Eye With Red Bottom High Heels

41 Brittney June 14, 2011 at 5:58 am

Have an awesome time! I went to OBX in the fall and ran a half marathon there. I thought Manteo was pretty cute. That’s where the marathon ended and there were little shops and restaurants there.

42 Kristi June 14, 2011 at 6:52 am

I love Corolla. It’s such a nice area. It’s been a while since I’ve been there, so I’m not really sure what to suggest.
Kristi recently posted..Perfect Day

43 Theodora June 15, 2011 at 8:08 am

I <3 OBX. When I was there, some of my friends went up to the lighthouse and went to some BBQ place around there that they liked. I also second Duck Donuts!!!
Theodora recently posted..Will Run for Interviews