Greetings From…

Hey guys! Sorry for such a long delay…I’m glad to see that you all enjoyed Cody’s post. He begged me and I couldn’t say no.

So early this morning, Jay and I finally reached our vacation destination…

source

Greetings from the Outer Banks, North Carolina!

I’m so excited to finally be here for a whole week of beach, sun, and relaxation.

As soon as we arrived, we unloaded all of our stuff and began checking out the house.

It’s a cute little place that’s just a few blocks away from the beach, and has a great view too.

Not long after, we suited up and headed straight to the pool. Seeing as though it was already midway through the day, we decided to save the beach until tomorrow.

So we all enjoyed a couple drinks while playing some intense pool volleyball.

Since our timing was totally off with driving through the night for almost 11 hours, our eating was also out of whack. We didn’t end up eating breakfast until almost 11am, so by 3:30, all of us were starving. We decided to call it quits at the pool, shower up, and head out for an early dinner.

As I mentioned before, Jay and I have been here to the Outer Banks twice before, and the last year that we were here, we ended up finding this cute little surfer restaurant called The Pit.

IMG_4371IMG_4372

Seeing as though both Jay and I were about ready to eat our last limbs, we immediately ordered some tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole.

The chips were incredible and definitely fresh made. I must have easily eaten my bodyweight in these bad boys + the guac. SO GOOD.

I was super excited to find out that they were offering $2.00 chicken tacos today, so I ended up ordering two of those, soft and sans cheese, with more salsa and guacamole on the side.

Seeing as though they were only $2.00, I didn’t really know what to expect, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken had a really great flavor, and they certainly didn’t skimp on my portions. I ended up eating one full taco and all of the filling out of the other one.

I also ended up snagging a couple bites of Jay’s outrageously good burrito, too. Winking smile

Right next door to the restaurant is a surf shop, which some of our group wanted to go and check out.

I was originally just planning on waiting it out outside, but can you imagine my surprise when I was told to come in, only to see this little cutie?!?

I thought Cody had come and followed us down! That is, until I noticed her fingernails…

Check those babies out! Smile

Too cute!

After hanging out outside the shop for a little bit, we ended up going to our last destination for the evening.

Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

C’mon, it is vacation and all…what did you expect?

I did, however, attempt to keep from going overboard by ordering a “mini” size cookie dough blizzard.

Believe it or not, I had actually never had one of these before, and it was definitely pretty tasty. Then again, it’s ice cream…how could it not be?!?

So I still very much intend to continue blogging while we’re down here in OBX. I have a few awesome guest posts coming up for you this week, including some of my favorite bloggers, a recipe, and even a giveaway, so make sure to stay tuned for all those PLUS my shenanigans down here!

I apologize if there’s any spelling or grammar errors tonight…our wi-fi still isn’t working in our house so I’m currently sitting in a Dunkin Donuts borrowing their wi-fi so I can post this. I love you guys THAT much. Winking smile

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!!

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever been to the Outer Banks? Anywhere you’d recommend we check out??? (We’re staying in Corolla!)

Comments

Never been to Outer Banks but it sure looks like a good time. PS, you look absolutely GORGEOUS in these pictures :-) And this is the second time I’ve seen a DQ blizzard and drooled this weekend (I think Julie posted one too!) mmmmm, can’t wait to go to DQ when I head back to Omaha at the end of July. Have fun!!
    Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..NYRR Mini 10K-Sometimes Healthy Fun Run Race Recap

2. Amy says

I live just about 90 minutes from where you are. our family vacations in Pine Island every year. The blue pointe grille is a wonderful place to eat, expensive but worth it if you can get a reservation. We also love the jeep tours that let you see the wild horses. We used the same company featured on Jon and Kate and they let my husband drive one of the jeeps. Manteo is also a great little place to visit. Have fun!

3. Erin says

You HAVE to go to Duck Deli!! We go to the Outer Banks every summer and stay in Duck. Duck Deli is a little Carolina BBQ restaurant (take-out or dine-in), and it is so delicious! BBQ Pulled Pork and Hush Puppies are a must. Duck is either one or two towns over from Corolla, so check it out if you can! I am so jealous you’re there…I will be in the end of July!

HAHAHA I have a house in the OBX and the photo where you show the “view”… I can SEE MY HOUSE (the blue house right in the dead center of the photo)!!! That is so ridiculous! Go to Mama Kwans in Nags Head and order the Special Occasion pasta… one of the best things I ever ate.

5. Amy says

Totally forgot, you have to visit Duck Donuts. I never crave a donut until I hit the beach. I love these!

Bad Bean Taqueria in Timbuck 2 shopping area has good shrimp tacos and margaritas.

Great coffee and neat atmosphere at Ducks Cottage.

Your vacation looks like it’s off to an awesome start! It must be awesome to be gone for an entire week, and with friends too ;)

I love Cody’s female counterpart, though I don’t think Cody’s cuteness can be beat ;)
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..This Weekend

7. Jordan D. says

your trip looks like it’s going to be so fun! my family actually has a house in OBX that we rent out. it’s in the currituck club in corolla! some good places are the tomato patch across from tim buck II (the mushroom pizza is to die!), the roadside bar and grill in duck (amazing tuna and margaritas) and metropolis in the currituck club for some really great tapas. enjoy! :)

ack! a week long beach vacay?!?!? i’m insanely jealous! can’t wait to see all your posts…and having to go and get free wifi at dunkin’ donuts? i don’t think you mind ;p

9. Darcy says

What about those yummy french toast bagels………I”m sure we’ll be seeing those soon! Have fun!

10. Erica says

You should check out Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head. It’s basically a park of giant sand dunes! It’s a neat thing to see, but I’d go in the evening when the sand cools down a little. Enjoy your vacation! :)

Love love love OBX!! Was just there for Memorial Day weekend and going back a couple more times this summer :) We grew up vacationing there ever since I can remember! Where are you staying? You definitely need to check out Sunset Gril in Duck for sunset drinks on the sound and if you want to go dancing go to Kelly’s! Good shopping: WRV (wave riding vehicles) and 17th street surf shop. Also have you guys seen the play “The Lost Colony” down in Manteo? It’s an outdoor play about the colonists that came to Roanoke Island and it’s really good… I’d highly recommend going to see it. Have a wonderful time!!!
    Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Country Roads- Take Me Home…

I thought I recognized that picture of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge you posted on Twitter. I LOVE Outer Banks. My family has been vacationing there for over 10 years. In fact, I met my fiancé down there and we are getting married there next summer!

We usually stay more south these days (Hatteras) but when we’re up north we usually like to do some shopping at Timbuck II. Also, if you’re looking to do something touristy, the Wright Brothers Museum is nice and the dunes in Kitty Hawk are fun to check out. If you have a day to spare I would recommend going down to Ocracroke. It’s such a cute island! (You have to get there by ferry.)

Have fun! I can’t wait to go down there in July.
    Sam recently posted..Blog Direction

13. Megan says

So, so jealous of you. We went to the Outer Banks with my mom’s family (16 cousins, 2 grandparents, 12 aunts and uncles) almost eleven years ago. It was my all time favorite vacation, all my cousins I want to go back now that we are in our teens and 20’s versus most being under ten. Trying to convince the parents to do it! I think we stayed in Corolla or near there at two different houses right by the beach. Have fun!

Have an awesome time! I went to OBX in the fall and ran a half marathon there. I thought Manteo was pretty cute. That’s where the marathon ended and there were little shops and restaurants there.

Trackbacks