Paparazzi Blogging + Beach Walk Dreamin’

Soooo, we still don’t have internet in our house down here…

So this is what “blogging time” looks like while we’re down here in OBX. I’ll tell ya…it’s a good thing the Dunkin’ Donuts right down the road has free Wi-Fi and doesn’t charge me every time I walk in. Winking smile

I know I look super annoyed, but really, it’s not half bad. I type things up here in the house, take the 1 minute drive down the road, hook up to internet, and blog away.

Erika took these pictures of me yesterday before we headed out for the night, so I thought I’d share ‘em with you since they sort of made me laugh and feel almost a little paparazzi-esque.

********

This afternoon, our group split up a few different ways; some people headed out on a little nature walk, but Jay and I really aren’t much of the nature walk type and would much rather spend our afternoon here.

Please pay no attention to my horrendous burn tan lines. Yes, they’re sore, but I loaded on the SPF today like it was my j-o-b.

After lounging for a bit, the two of us headed out for a nice walk along the beach, just like I had planned.

Along our walk, which was probably about 45 minutes long, we made a few pit stops to check out some creepin’ crabs,

and get crafty with a little sand art. You like? Winking smile

Beach Walk Dreamin’

We also decided while walking that we’re both more than okay with the idea of moving down here. Sure, the job thing might be tough, but then we figured it out…we’re going to sell slushy ice in carts along the beach. It’s genius, right?

The thought of a nice, cold, lemon slush this afternoon sounded awesome, so we figured hey…we can totally do this. We’ll get our own carts with big umbrellas, stock up on fruity slush, and sell it by the cup…all while getting in a killer workout from pushing a cart full of slush ice.

Maybe I can even sell my cupcakes from the cart too??

Hey, a girl can dream. Winking smile

*********

After a couple hours at the beach, Jay and I headed back up to the house to shower and get ready to head back out again for some shopping and dinner at the Scarborough Lane Shoppes.

Needless to say, we had a little bit of fun in some of the shops…

Is this pair of glasses not perfect for me?

And does Jay not look like a total creeper here or what?!?

Okay, that’s better. Phew.

For dinner, we hit up Fishbones Raw Bar & Restaurant with Josh & Erika, which was located right within the same plaza.

IMG_4520IMG_4521

We started out with a round of Corona Lights with lime and some fried calamari, which was really good.

IMG_4524IMG_4527

For my entrée, I ordered a Mahi salad, which actually came at the recommendation of our waiter after finding out that the crabmeat salad that I originally wanted was mayo-based (I wanted the fresh stuff!)

The mahi was great; it was cooked really well, and had excellent flavor.

It even came along with half of a big ‘ol avocado, which was scrumptious.

Of course, being vacation and all, you probably know what happened next…

We had to stop for a little dessert.

While we were walking around earlier before dinner, we came across this place, which had this sign plastered in their window.

I had no choice but to give them my business after sporting such awesomeness. Winking smile

The Sweet Duck had their own gelato, so I ordered a small of their Tahitian Vanilla + Mango Sorbetto.

IMG_4540IMG_4543

Mixing the two flavors together was a total winning combo: fruity with the mango and creamy with the vanilla. It was perfection.

And I don’t know what it is, but ordering a small gelato seems so much more satisfying than ordering a small ice cream. When I order ice cream, I have to restrain myself from ordering the XXL…but with gelato, the mini portions are all I need. Weird?

*********

Tomorrow’s looking to be another beautiful day AND we’re going to be having a birthday girl on our hands, so it’s sure to be a fun day!

You know what else is fun? The fact that tomorrow morning there’s going to be some giveaway action on the blog-a-roo. And I’ll let ya in on a little secret: it’s a pretty sweet one. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What size do you usually get when ordering gelato/fro-yo/ice cream?

It’s ok…this is totally a judgment-free zone. Typically I go medium, but since I know I’m enjoying it more frequently while down here, I’m trying to control my portions a bit.

Comments

I usually try to go with a small (never child’s size… that just makes me feel old AND ice-cream-less)… I would rock a medium, but alas… I’m a regular at ice cream and fro yo joints. Special occasion?? Nah ;)
    The vacation looks like such fun!!

2. Alexa says

I’ve been following your blog for a few weeks now, but I’ve never commented so I’m new to this, but I LOVE it!! I’m going grocery shopping with my mom tomorrow (I’m 16) and I’m going to make your orange cream soda cupcakes! :) They look SO good. I’ve already tried your pumpkin oatmeal, sugar cookies, and iced coffee method. And it was all so good. :)

I’m the exact same way on the gelato, a small portion is really satisfying compared to ice cream. I don’t really know why either. But I usually always get a small unless it’s a self serve place, then I can’t help myself but to fill the cup all the way up and load it with toppings!! No use wasting the extra space in the huge cup they give you! :)

I had to do the same thing in Ireland last month. Except walking into a McDonald’s when you’re already the token American in europe is kind of embarassing. Especially b/c you had to buy something to use the internet. And they only gave you 30 minutes so I was a lunatic trying to get everything up and posted before having to buy more food!

I usually go for smalls or kids size on the ice cream/gelato. Gelato tends to be larger since their sizes are tiny!

Ice cream size totally depends on the place – some places you order a small and still end up with a cone the size of your head! Now, take me to Ben & Jerry’s – it’s at least a medium, in a waffle cone. And I guarantee you every last crumb will be gone!
    Samantha recently posted..Im Feeling It Day 28

I could live off of fro yo, ice cream and gelato, but i try to eat it after i’ve had a meal so I don’t eat as much of it! so usually a small, or medium. But if it’s shave ice (the real Hawaiian kind) I can eat a XXL!!

I think you should start your own cupcake shop! I’ve always wanted to have a cupcake store/clothing boutique!
    Amy recently posted..Lazy Girl Guide to Cupcakes in Las Vegas

At the soft serve place near me, the small is gigantic! That’s usually what I get however with gelato, I find that the servings tend to be small- so medium is the norm. You look like you’re having a fabulous time!
    kirstin recently posted..Tempo Tuesday

umm, I would totally be on board to be your back up baker at your cupcake cart ;) haha

I always want to order the big ice cream too, but force myself to get the small. I’m usually satisfied with a small size 95% of the time, I just think my eyes are bigger than my stomach :)
    Emily recently posted..a week of fashion in pictures

I agree about needing a smaller size gelato. I think it’s because the flavors are so much more intense that it makes it more satisfying than ice cream. Also, the avocado on your salad looks amazing- it’s so rare to get that much fresh avocado at a restaurant!
    Brenda @Year 25 recently posted..Farewell Peter Cottontail

Agreed about the gelato- i’m satisfied after a small size! Can’t say the same about a small ice cream- i always want to kick myself for not going with the medium! To be fair, given the amount of ‘tasters’ I have to have, I’m sure my consumption is more of a medium!
    Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

Sadly, ice cream bothers my tummy, so all I can ever eat without too many problems is a small! But I always eye up the two scoops :) Gelato is my favorite! I usually like to get two flavors so if I can with the small size I get it, but if I need to get a medium for the two flavors I do!
    Lindsey recently posted..Disappearing Act

It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a sunburn, but I think that’s so bad for my motivation to put on SPF!

I usually order a small or kiddie sized ice cream, but when I know I’ll be sharing, I get at least a medium. The craziest is Coldstone where even the small is difficult to finish by myself!
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..A Smoothie Under the Sun

In all honesty it depends on what I’m eating the froyo as! If I’m having it in the place of lunch or dinner (I’m classy like that) give me a medium WITH toppings! If it’s dessert after a full meal I’ll try to rock a small but in all honesty if I know I’m having it I have a salad dinner and at least a medium :) YUM!
    Crista recently posted..How I Roll

I have to get a small with gelato…I think it is because it is so rich in flavor! But with ice cream I could eat an xxl too, I try to restrain myself to a small or kiddie size because I really don’t NEED a xxl (unfortunately)!
    Katherine recently posted..I NEED YOUR HELP!!

I can see the headlines now… “The world holds its breath, waiting to see where Courtney will blog from next!”

Joking aside (as froyo/gelato is no joke), normally with gelato, I’m the same way as a little bit of the rich, creamy stuff goes a long way. But with froyo… I could usually fill the 16oz cup that I get. I try not to, for the sake of my clothes fitting and my wallet, but I absolutely could.
    Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Eating Good in the Neighborhood pool

haha, I love those pictures! When I was moving and didn’t have internet access I had to do the same thing! It’s a slight pain, but you gotta do what you need to do. Your vaca pics are making me so jealous right now! That mahi looks to-die-for!
    Erin @ Naturally Addicted recently posted..Just Roll with It

I love that ice cream sign! haha that is great. BE careful with the sun…last time I was on vaca even after tons of sunscreen me and my friends were lobsters stuck in the hotel room for a day by day 5 or 6! :P I burn super easily though. Annnd I think we have the same laptop too :)
    Sam recently posted..Awesome Oats

17. Annmarie says

I know why! Gelato is much more dense than ice cream, ice cream has much more air “whipped” in.

I’m the same way!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← Paparazzi Blogging + Beach Walk Dreamin’ […]