I’m In Trouble

by Courtney on June 20, 2011

Tonight Jay and I have a softball game so dinner is, once again, up in the air.

Plus, we’re also planning on leaving a little earlier than normal so I can squeeze in some batting practice before the game. I’m feelin’ a little rusty…

But none of that really matters right now. Not one bit of it.

Because today, I made this…

And I’m pretty sure it has already changed my life.

While I was away last week on vacation, I didn’t get a chance to do much blog reading. If I had a few minutes, I’d skim through my reader on my phone, and one of those days happened to be Julie’s recipe for Peanut Butter Granola. Just looking at the tiny pictures from my phone already had me salivating.

So then, when I saw her make her Almond Butter Granola, it was almost like she was saying, “C’mon Courtney, you need to make this, like, now.”

So I obliged, and followed her recipe to a T; only, instead of using peanut or almond butter, I tried it with THIS…

Sunflower Seed Butter.

Oh my gosh I can’t even begin to tell you just how incredible this stuff is.

The way it stays in little clumps that just burst with flavor in your mouth??

Oh goodness, I’m in trouble.

Maybe this would go good on top of my Wasa crackers?? Winking smile

So since this recipe takes about five seconds to make, I suggest you go check it out and give it a try. Just click here. And then immediately remove yourself from the kitchen so you don’t eat it all once it comes out of the oven. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What’s your favorite granola? Any favorite recipes?

1 Lindsay @Cook.Vegan.Lover. June 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I love granola and could eat it with almond milk for every meal….now if only that was healthy
Lindsay @Cook.Vegan.Lover. recently posted..Off The Mat Charity Fundraising Auction &amp Raffle

2 Blog is the New Black June 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Dying to make my own granola! You’ve inspired me!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Raspberry Cinnamon Muffins

3 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters June 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I need to make granola for my weekend trip to Yosemite! Hello trailmix! Might try this out! Thanks for the sunflower seed recommendation :)
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..Top-a-Lot Yogurt- Santa Cruz

4 Julie @ PBFingers June 20, 2011 at 6:53 pm

oh my gosh, isn’t it ridiculous!?!? i literally ate the entire batch MYSELF yesterday. in one day. it’s ridiculsouly addicting. glad you like it, too! using sunflower butter sounds fantastic!
Julie @ PBFingers recently posted..BBC Breakfast

5 Cait @ Urban Fencepost June 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Ooooh, that looks good! I think I’ll make it exactly like you did, with Sunflower Seed Butter (boyfriends allergic to peanuts).

6 Silvia @ skinny jeans food June 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm

haha, just want we need: more addictive granola!!!! ;-)
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..A word on B-12

7 Danica June 20, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I saw her recipe there too and I can’t wait to try it! But I’m also a little afraid of the temptation it’ll create for me : )

8 Anita June 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm

You two have convinced me! It’s time for me to make this stuff!
Anita recently posted..My Dream Home

9 Amy June 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I am definitely making some and then sprinkle it over a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt with a few banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup…yum!

10 Courtney June 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm

YUMM!!!

11 Erica June 20, 2011 at 7:44 pm

there’s this granola mixed w/dried strawberries sold at this local healthfood store, in the bulk bins…but even sold in bulk is so expensive!

i usually have been eating nature’s path. good. but it ain’t that strawberry granola…

12 Lindsay June 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Oh.my.god I have to try that! It looks amazing. I’m not sure I would be able to have self-control haha

13 Niki (Life's a Payne) June 20, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Ahhh I keep saying I am going to make this! I just know I will eat it all! I will probably make it tomorrow… and continue to eat it all day long!
Niki (Life’s a Payne) recently posted..Amys Guest Post- Birthday Cupcakes!!

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 20, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I saw her recipe too and definitely bookmarked that one! I bought sunflower seed butter last time I was at TJ’s since everyone raves about it but I gotta say, I’m not a fan! I didn’t think it was possible to not like a type of “butter”! I’ll definitely try it with almond or peanut butter though :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bloggers Greek festival

15 Courtney June 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Gina, I wasn’t that much of a fan of it on a sandwich either! But I LOVE it in the granola :)

16 Lauren June 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I love granola – this looks great!
Lauren recently posted..Monday is ALWAYS Wing Night!

17 Katy @ fitinheels June 20, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Oh my godddd this looks TO. DIE. FOR. I usually love a honey almond granola and tend to stay away from peanut butter granola (only because I want to eat all of it!) but homemade just puts it over the top! Delish!!!
Katy @ fitinheels recently posted..WOW- Weekend of Workouts!

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Oh boy. I might be in trouble if I make that too! My granola supply isss running low.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crazy day at the vegan cafe

19 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) June 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Mmm, I saw the almond butter version that Julie made yesterday – looks amazing!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Strawberry Lime Upside-Down Cake

20 Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Aldi honey nut. So good.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..In Love

21 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 20, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I was foaming at the mouth when I saw Julie’s recipe, and now I am drooling again thanks to you! Looks unbelievably delicious!
Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Sunday Blog Updates!

22 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 20, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I loveeee peanut butter granola!! The best of both worlds put together in one!

23 Mac June 20, 2011 at 9:06 pm

My favorite is chocolate granola, goes good in any yogurt! I did really want to try this recipe though… starting to love granola more and more everyday!
Mac recently posted..Fathers Day Weekend was a Success

24 Brynne June 20, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Ah this sounds sooo good! Granola + fruit + ice cold almond/soy milk = the besttttt
Brynne recently posted..Rhode Trip

25 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 20, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Ooooo! Now I’m going to have to make this, you temptress, you! Looks AMAZING!
My fav granolas are the ones I make, that way I know what is in them…
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Hello world!

26 Lindsey June 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I was eyeing up that recipe too, but haven’t made it yet in fear I would eat my body weight in granola! haha. I would say peanut butter granola is my fav.
Lindsey recently posted..This Is How I Roll

27 Khushboo June 20, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Yup I am so making Julie’s peanut butter granola soon! Whenever I do make granola, 3 ingredients are vital: cinnamon, vanilla essence, and coconut!
Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

28 Casey June 20, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Oh my gosh, I always have some homemade granola in the house. That stuff will take over your mind

29 kate June 20, 2011 at 11:36 pm

theres nothing better than homemade granola yummmmm

30 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 20, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Oh my – that looks good. I could not handle having it in my kitchen – that is for sure. Favorite granola is Suzie’s Granola. Suzie is my best friend from Omaha’s mother. She makes the best homemade granola ever. I have no idea what the recipe is, but every time I visit, I try to find out. It’s sweet, crunchy, light and filling all at once. I’ll be home in about a month and you can bet I’ll be eating some of Suzie’s Granola!!!
Jamie aka “Sometimes Healthy Living Girl” recently posted..Everyone Needs a Theme Song

31 Courtney June 21, 2011 at 5:14 am

Does she ship to Upstate NY??? ;)

32 Jodi June 21, 2011 at 7:48 am

This looks so addictive! I might have to add some chocolate to mine…Ya know, in case it wasn’t tempting enough already! :-)
Jodi recently posted..Bling it OUT…comfortably

33 Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers June 21, 2011 at 9:33 am

I can honestly say I’ve had so little granola in my life that I couldn’t tell you a favorite. The crunch might be a little too much for my sensitive teeth ATM, but one day, Jordan, keep dreaming that impossible dream!!
Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday

34 Samantha June 21, 2011 at 1:05 pm

That looks like a darn good excuse to turn on the oven in the summer if I ever saw one! I’m gonna have to try that!
Samantha recently posted..Back on the Wagon Day 35

35 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 21, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I’m going to have to try this – I might add in some chocolate somehow too! ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

36 Kathleen @morethaneasymac June 21, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Oh my goodness, I could not make that or I would be eating granola all day and nothing else. Looks delicious!
Kathleen @morethaneasymac recently posted..Chocolate makes everything better- even mono

37 Kaylyn June 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I made this the other night and had the same problem – can’t stop eating it! it is just too good! :)

38 Semi-health Nut June 24, 2011 at 1:11 pm

How do you like Sunflower butter?? Sounds yummy! And techy-blog question…how did you get this comment template? I like it a lot!

39 Courtney June 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I really like it, but I actually still prefer peanut butter on a sandwich. It’s delicious though!

I’m pretty sure it was a plugin – Greg’s Threaded Comment Numbering or something like that?

40 Cindy June 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I made this recipe because it looked sooooo good! But I think that I burned it :( How long do we cook it for?

41 Courtney June 27, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I’m pretty sure I did mine for 8-10 minutes but kept an eye on it…all ovens are different!

42 Cassie July 1, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Just found your blog through random #FF’s on twitter and I’m officially obsessed…be scrolling through your posts for the past 45 minutes (okay, what am I doing it’s Friday, gotta get ready to go out) but know I love it! :) Have a great weekend!

43 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Cassie! :)