Let Me Take That Fruit Salsa

Yesterday when we went over to my parents’ house for dinner, not only did my mom send me home with a generous portion of leftover Strawberry Angel Pie, but she also sent me home with some fruit salsa.

She had a work party at her house late last week, which left her with a bunch of leftover fruit salsa. It most likely would have gone uneaten at their house, so I’m sure you can imagine I was more than happy to take it off her hands…and incorporate it into today’s lunch!

While I was at the grocery store this morning, I happened to come across some of this Wasa Crisp’n Light 7 grain crackerbread which was on sale AND had a coupon!

While the crackerbreads really don’t offer much in the flavor department, they are really light and airy, and are great for using as a base for things like today’s lunch.

For the savory route, I topped two crackers with some hommus and cucumber slices.

For my sweet tooth, I topped two more crackers with some plain Chobani and a generous helping of fruit salsa. The fruit salsa is delicious and reminds me a lot of the version I make.

For a little more randomness, I filled up the rest of my banana from this morning’s breakfast with a little PB.

I also finished off the rest of the Chobani container with a little more fruit salsa.

A little random, maybe, but it was light and refreshing, and totally delish.

I’ve loved reading all of your insights from this morning’s post on the Miss USA pageant. If you haven’t had a chance yet, make sure to go check it out…there’s some great discussion happening!

Question for the Afternoon:

What combinations would YOU try on these crackers? (I have a whole box and need more ideas…I’ll be sure to try and give a shout out to any combos that sound amazing!)

Would you be able to post a recipe for the fruit salsa? It looks amazing!

Other combinations for the Wasa crackers: smoked salmon and light cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly/jam (or banana!), light cream cheese/laughing cow cheese wedges/plain chobani and strawberry slices (or other berries), tomato slices and mozzarella…anything really. But since you like seafood, I’d do the smoked salmon. The best.

Well your toppers look delish – but you could totally go the “pizza-inspired” route and use leftover pizza or spaghetti sauce with a sprinkle of cheese. Or pesto and tomato slices. Cream cheese and salmon would be amazing. And anything with almond butter would make me smile. I also really love sweet and savory combos like sharp cheddar cheese and strawberry jam/jelly. Also fig preserves and goat cheese are a delicious combo.

Happy snacking. :)
    Emily recently posted..App-tastic

Such a pretty lunch! Those would be good if you topped them with pizza toppings- pizza sauce, cheese, and then either pepperoni (my personal fav) or veggies. Then you could maybe toast them? Or are they too fragile?

4. Shayla says

Those look awesome, I’ll have to try them! For savory I would try a spin off of a caprese salad, so pile the cracker with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and a basil leaf and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Or for sweet, top one with a laughing cow cheese wedge, sliced apples/pears, chopped nuts on top, and drizzle with honey!

Oh my goodness Courtney, I would love to tell you I have a great idea for those crackers, but I just don’t think I could eat them! Your toppers do sound pretty delicious, but those put me off even more than rice cakes. Maybe if you put chocolate frosting on them I’d be more interested??? 😉
    Melissa recently posted..Preventative Maintenance

I love Wasa! I eat them with jam, peanut butter and jelly, or cottage cheese with thinly sliced peaches and a drizzle of honey. One person mentioned making a pizza with it. It totally works with spaghetti sauce and some cheese. I didn’t try toasting it though. I like the other versions compared to the light though, because the light ones are kind of flimsy when you add toppings. The hearty or multigrain hold up to lots of fixin’s!
    Shana recently posted..My Two Dads

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but I would try a laughing cow cheese wedge. I haven’t had the Wasa Crisp’n Thins but I have had some of their other flavors and I’ve put vegetable cream cheese on those and that’s pretty good too. I don’t know if you have any deli meat like turkey but they might be good on top too with hummus or cheese and some veggies
    Kate recently posted..What’s Cookin’

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← Let Me Take That Fruit Salsa […]