Celebrating Summer…Foodie Style

Seeing as today is the official first day of summer (wahooo!) I figured that it would be the perfect day to have one of my favorite summertime combinations:

Tomato, Mozzarella, & Basil

Everything about this meal was completely top notch, starting from the bottom up.

Yesterday at the grocery store, this package of Arnold Artisan Ovens Multi-Grain Flatbreads immediately caught my eye. Since they were on sale, and the nutrition stats didn’t look bad, I decided to pick up a package.

(I actually filled one last night with PB&J before my softball game!)

I then sliced up a small tomato and some fresh mozzarella that I picked up yesterday (again, on sale…I’m a sucker for a bargain) and placed them on top of the flatbread.

I’m sure that combo right there would have been incredible on it’s own, but I also had a few other items on hand to help in the flavor department.

First, I spritzed the top with some of this Sonoma Harvest Roasted Garlic Spritzer that I ended up spotting a couple weeks ago at Marshalls.

It was a total impulse buy, but I absolutely LOVE it.

Next, I sprinkled the top with some of this Woody’s Gourmet Black Truffle & Fresh Thyme Herb Sea Salt that I received last month in my Foodzie Tasting Box. Talk about flavor!

Then, I popped my flatbread into the toaster oven to broil for about 5-6 minutes, until the cheese started to slightly melt. Once I took it out of the oven, I sprinkled the top with some fresh cut basil leaves and dug right in.

Holy DELICIOUS! I think I could most definitely eat this every day for the rest of my life and be totally ok with it. It was so good and had summer written allll over it!

On the side, I had some carrot sticks and a few unphotograped handfuls of s’mores popcorn. Winking smile

Now this is what I call summer.

Thanks to everyone for your words of wisdom on how to deal with anxiousness and nervousness. You’re all, umm, pretty super awesome.

My tummy knot is still there, but I guess it’s slightly loosening. As many of you said, in a few hours from now, it really won’t matter. It’s just the anticipation leading up to it that’s a killer…

And since I never ended up grabbing my Bailey’s this morning, perhaps a glass of wine this afternoon will be in order? Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What are some of your favorite summertime meals?

Favorite summertime food: fresh spinach with bacon, feta, & italian style dressing. Simple and delicious.

The TBM melt looks good! I’ll have to make it for the bf sometime (I’m not over the consistency of big tomatoes… yet). 😉
    Krissie J recently posted..Beachy Weekend

ooooh Courtney, that looks delish!! How come we don’t have cool flatbreads like that in the store ? 😉

Favorite summertime foods: Icecream/ fresh fruit –> especially pineapple, strawberries and blueberries/ salads with goatcheese and apple/ sushi ( I could eat this anytime really 😉 )
    ellalinea recently posted..Off to the fair!

3. Brittany says

That looks sooooo good.

One of my favorites is my mom’s bean dip. It’s not the healthiest recipe–its made with an entire bottle of italian dressing–but its crisp, refreshing, and delicious. Just what summer should be!

Your “pizza” looks great! Summertime for me = corn on the cob, tomatoes, berries, burgers…anything on the grill :) Popsicles!

That. Looks. Amazing! I used to work at a restaurant that had “caprese” paninis/salads, which includes the combo you used (tomato, basil, and mozzarella). So delicious.

As far as summer meals…I love portobello burgers (we just spray portobello caps with non-stick spray, add some seasoning, and throw them on the grill), grilled salmon (actually, anything grilled), and fresh salads. Yum!
    Gloria recently posted..Inspired

Tomato, basil, and mozzarella is the best combo of flavors ever. And I’m pretty sure I would spray that Roasted Garlic spritzer on everything! My favorite summertime meals are grilled – corn on the cob, veggie burgers, grilled pineapple.

7. Danica says

That pizza looks amazing! I’ll definitely have to try that out….
    I just love all the fresh fruit available during the summertime, plus I’m always willing to have a grilled burger-YUM!

Ughhh I have a mouth allergy to tomatoes :( otherwise I’d eat this all day, too! And isn’t Marshall’s great?? Such random things…

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark

your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will

learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!