Just How I Dreamed It Would Be

Another Tuesday…another early morning BodyPump class.

Just how I like it!

Despite feeling pretty sore from Sunday’s class, I was really ready for a good workout this morning. I didn’t want to just go through the motions…I wanted to feel the burn! So I ended up increasing my weights on the chest, back, tricep tracks, and well…let’s just say, the burn was felt.

I followed up class with 10 minutes on the elliptical and 5 more on the StairClimber before calling it a day.

******

As I was pulling into the driveway, I, for some odd reason, got an overwhelming urge to pick the overabundance of weeds that have been growing in the flower beds along the front of my house. (Anyone remember when we planted all these last year??)

I honestly wish I took more pride in wanting to prune my pretty flowers and keep my beds free and clear of ugly weeds, but I guess it just never makes it to the top of my priority list. Unfortunately, my urge didn’t last long and I only finished about half of them though because…

a) I didn’t use my gardening gloves and my hands were getting sore, and

b) I had been waiting since yesterday afternoon for this breakfast.

And it was just how I dreamed it would be…knockyoursocksoffamazing.

This Sunflower Seed Butter Granola is seriously not going to last long, I can tell you that much.

This morning, I decided to incorporate it into a yogurt bowl: I mixed a plain Chobani with a squirt of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon and paired it with 1/2 of a sliced banana and 1/2 a cup of the granola.

I measured the granola in an attempt to maintain some sort of control over it…but that 1/2 cup doesn’t count the two or three other handfuls that I snacked on while preparing everything else. Winking smile

With breakfast, I also sipped on a glass of iced coffee and enjoyed it out on the patio since it’s another beautiful morning here!

******

Later this afternoon, I have a stop I need to make somewhere that has had me incredibly uneasy, anxious, and nervous ever since going to bed last night. There’s a knot in my stomach, and I just can’t seem to get it to go away.

I know I’m making a bigger deal out of it than it really is, but there’s a lot of emotion attached, and I feel like all of the sadness/confusion/anger I’ve had over it are going to come barreling to the surface at once.

Ahhhh, I really need to relax…

Would anyone judge me if I throw a splash of Bailey’s in my coffee this morning? Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

Do you enjoy gardening?

How do you deal with extreme feelings of anxiousness/nervousness? Any tips?

Comments

good morning, friend! i’m sorry to hear you’re feeling anxious today! whenever i’ve feeling particularly nervous/anxious/upset, i always think to myself “will this matter in a DAY, in a WEEK, in a MONTH, in a YEAR?” chances are, it won’t. :) it really helps me see the issue at hand as a small obstacle. hope everything goes well for you today. and i’m always here for a g-chat session if ya need it! :D
    Julie @ PBFingers recently posted..BBC Breakfast

I love gardening! I have a vegetable garden for the third year now, and though its a pain wedding it weekly and watering daily, it is worth it when I can grab fresh veggies right out back!
    Lindsey recently posted..This Is How I Roll

I felt EXTREMELY anxious Sat morning. I freaked out over something I am not sure of yet, and nearly gave myself a panic attack. I got over it by letting myself experience the emotions instead of fighting them, and shortly after I was able to be more rational and clear-headed. Sometimes to get over nervousness you need to just let yourself fully feel the emotion before you can move on and sort it out. Hope everything is ok!
    Krissie J recently posted..Beachy Weekend

I totally understand anxiety! A therapist once told me to think of the most peaceful calming thing I can, close my eyes and breathe deeply in and out until the anxiety melts away. For me, this was imagining holding my baby niece, Giovanna, close while she sleeps on my chest and rocking back and forth. If you really think about, sleeping babies on your chest or laughing, happy babies in front of you can truly make your troubles disappear for just a moment. Think of how little kids are so joyfully oblivious. The mind and heart of a child can sometimes really help.
    Ericka Andersen recently posted..Whats Been Goin On

Goodluck with whatever it is you have to do! That granola looks so yummy! LOve Grown Foods just sent me samples of their granola and I ate it this morning! Scrumptious!

Hope you have a good day!

Sorry you’re feeling in a funk this morning! I hate that anxious feeling! Normally exercise is a good way to release that nervous energy for me! Any idea if/what it is attached t?
    Khushboo recently posted..23 years wiser

Sad but true, all too often I cope with anxiety or stress with an extra handful of M&Ms or something of the like. But another thing I like to do is read something, a book, a silly magazine, anything to transport me mentally away from the situation for a little. Normally, by the time I get back to thinking about the topic at hand, it seems less anxiety-brewing!

Good luck, feel better!
    Jordan P @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday

I wish I could care a bit LESS about weeding. I think it’s like a hidden OCD that comes out b/c anytime I walk past our flower beds I end up on my hands and knees picking dandelions or crab grass out and the end result is of course filthy hands. It’s an obsession.

Good luck today with whatever it is making you feel anxious and nervous. Can you think about tomorrow or the day after? Will it matter then? Hopefully, no and that’s what you can think of to help ease those feelings today.
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Bloggers Greek festival

I absolutely despise the feeling of having a knot in my stomach! Especially since they just don’t go away until the dreaded event is over, no matter how many times people try to calm you down. I always tell myself to just breathe and think about how this will effect me in years to come. Most of the time, you won’t even remember down the road because you will be on to bigger and better things :). I hope whatever your going through today turns out well and remember to just breathe!
    Everyday-Caroline recently posted..Little Bee

Whenever I’m feeling anxious I try my best to stick to the facts. Instead of assuming or thinking of what will happen, I remind myself of what is. If you get all tangled up in the “what if’s..” then you can easily spiral into worrying… but if you concentrate on what is actually happening, then it’s way more manageable.

I also have TONS of weeds to get out of our lawn! Yuck.
    Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) recently posted..21

I’m the kind of person who hypes things up in my head and I get super anxious and nervous too. It usually helps me to talk it out with someone and get some reassurance that everything will be okay.

Hope everything goes well today and the Bailey’s in your coffee doesn’t sound like a bad idea. ;)
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Pennsylvania Week in Review

Whenever I’m anxious/nervous I try to remind myself that whatever I’m doing/going through will pass and I’ll move on. It doesn’t necessarily make me feel less anxious/nervous but it puts things in perspective for me. I also try to plan something I like doing after – like giving/treating myself to a pedicure – so that I have something fun to look forward to. It makes me focus on the fun thing and takes some of my thoughts off the not-so-fun thing.
    Kate recently posted..What’s Cookin’

I tend to have a hard time dealing with/constructively handling anxiety inducing events. But I read a book about love by Deepak Chopra and something he said tends to help me if I use it as a mantra leading up to the event. He said “This fear is not me. No matter what fear says this will not destroy me” and “This experience is not me. It’s just an experience and it will pass”

I enjoy harvesting fresh fruits and veggies right into my mouth but prefer to leave the weeding to someone else :)

I hope everything will turn out fine for you today. It always helps me to sit down and try to understand what exactly it is that makes me feel so anxious.

I hope that everything works out later today! Whenever I feel anxious, I remind myself that stressing myself out over something usually makes what I’m nervous for even worse. If I take it calmly and stay level-headed, then that usually prevents me from freaking out!

Mmm granola yogurt bowls are the best! Just had one this morning :)
    Liv @ The Salty n’ Sweet recently posted..Figuring It Out

Hey Court!
    I hope all works out for you today…whatever it is! I say, as long as you are not driving, Bailey’s in the coffee is a MUST ;-) No judgment here!

Congrats on upping the weights…this can be your positive for the day if you are struggling to find one, you’ve got it right here! I know how those days go…defeat can be tempting, but don’t let it get yah!

Chin up :-) N.N.
    Claire recently posted..New Blogging Tactic!

When I feel anxious about something, I try to immediately come up with a solution for it. If I can’t find a solution, then sometimes I try to employ other methods, such as asking for help (if it’s a task I feel that I need help with), talking to other people (sometimes speaking up is the best way to reduce stress), and also thinking about where I’m going to be a year from now (if it’s a stressful situation that I know might be going on for a while). Also, trying new ways of thinking about things also helps a lot. :-) Good luck with whatever you are stressed about!
    Lee @ in the pink of condition recently posted..Sunday Blog Updates!

sorry you have a rough stop today. but it seems like you are handling it well with working out and eating right!
    I hope everything goes ok. And I follow Julie as well, cant wait to make the granola!

I hope everything is ok! And that things go well today. Whenever I feel really anxious or nervous, I like to workout or take a walk, but if that doesn’t help then blasting some upbeat music and dancing around usually makes me feel better :)

20. Shayla says

Ugh I hate having those kind of feelings….and I’m all too familiar with overworking myself up over certain things and easily getting nervous/anxious/stressed. When that happens I always try to remind myself that it will be over at the end of the day and whatever happens, will it matter in a week? Probably not. And I always like to plan for something afterwards so I have something to look forward to….like coming home to my hubby and enjoying a nice glass of wine ;)
    Hope everything goes well Courtney and we’re all here for you :)

I wouldn’t judge you for Bailey’s in the coffee at all! lol. I think I would enjoy gardening if I actually had a garden. I love seeing all the pretty flowers and veggies. I think it would give me an accomplished feeling if they grew well knowing that I had taken care of them. Some day :) . I don’t deal with anxiousness or nervousness well. I’m gonna be stalking these comments to see if I can get any good tips too!
    Abby recently posted..Sleepy but Speedy

Hang in there girl! I think Julie gave you some great advice about figuring out if it will matter in the long term. Also- just try to keep yourself busy, focus on the wonderful here & now, and remember that overall everything always works out how it is supposed to. Didn’t you tweet that a few weeks back? Everything happens for a reason! It will all turn out well over time :)

I can definitely understand the anxiety issues! My body does not handle stress well, and I’m in the middle of working 40 hours a week, writing a thesis for my masters degrees, and trying to find a job for when I graduate at the end of the summer! I just try to take things one thing at a time and don’t allow myself to think about things I can’t do anything about.

I’ve also found that shopping is a great stress reliever, but so bad for my bank account! I’m sure taking out your stress or anxiety out in a good work out would make you feel better!

Good luck with whatever you have to do today!

Trackbacks