At the Request of the Birthday Girl

Since the last time I chatted with you all, I have been a busy bee…in the kitchen!

One batch of Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.

One batch of Raspberry Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Raspberry Almond Buttercream (at the request of the Birthday Girl) Birthday cake

And, ummm….oh yeah…some of these too.

Yes, that would be three different flavors of Jell-o shots (again at the request of the Birthday Girl!). The ones marked with the orange stickers are made with Malibu and raspberry sugar-free Jell-o, so you can bet your last dollar that I’ll be hoarding as many of those as I can.

Hey, what can I say? We know how to have a good party. Party smile

Time to head on out!

Oh yeah…and make sure you head on over to Bethany’s Blog to check out my guest post on one of my favorite all-time dessert recipes: Apple Crisp.

Question for the Afternoon:

What kind of cake/treats do you like to request on YOUR birthday?

Comments

Oh my god those cupcakes and cookies…and jello-shots (let’s be serious) look delicious! For my birthday- in less than 2 weeks, yay!- I always like to have this amazing cake that comes from a bakery in my town. I actually don’t even care about the cake, it’s all about the buttercream frosting. It’s to die for! And, a good glass of wine or two at dinner is always perfect as well :) hehe

wowww! Look at all those Jello shots. I am impressed. Of course, everything looked delicious, but those jello shots took me back a bit to the college days ;-) Looks like it will be a fun bday!

For my bday, I love a good cookie cake. I’m sure that there are plenty of good cookie cake places in NYC but my favorite cookie cake is from this place called the Cookie Company in Nebraska. Since I’m going home to visit right after my bday, I’ll have to start dropping hints to ensure that I get this special treat. But my guess is that my mother has already ordered it a month in advance!

Yum!! Those cupcakes sound delicious!! The jell-o shots don’t sound too bad either ;)

I would say have a good night, but with everything you’re bringing…could you really have anything but a good night?

Moo Moos Turtle Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake!

Moo Moos is a local ice creamerie and this cake is SO rish and delicious. I am drooling. I am so happy my birthday is only a couple weeks away!

By the way I am making Cookies and Cream cupcakes tonight and I plan on using your delicious white chocolate buttercream frosting!

Those cookies sound/look amazing- my 2 faves in 1 (cake & cookie)! On my birthdays, I go big with my requests! For my 21st birthday, I asked for a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake (the base was a huge cookie and then the cream cheese had cookie dough bites mixed in) and this year, I asked for an ice cream cake which was a chocolate brownie with one layer choc chip ice cream, 2nd layer coffee ice cream and then all topped with cream! What can I say, I’m a dessert whore- takes a lot to please me :)

wow jello shots. bringing back some memories.
    I don’t think there is anything now that I would request.. but when I was younger I asked my parents to make me lobster for dinner! It was my favorite! Kind of crazy request but..

that sounds like an awesome party!! For everyone’s birthday we make a confetti cake with homemade icing. You can’t turn a year older without it!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← At the Request of the Birthday Girl […]