Mom’s Birthday Party

by Courtney on June 26, 2011

Yesterday’s party with such a blast! One more “Happy Birthday” to my momma!

Thankfully, we only had one brief stint of rain, which was right around dinner time, so everyone was able to load up on the massive amount of goods that my parents prepared.

I honestly didn’t realize how stuffed my plate looked until I looked back at the picture today, but wow…I guess I really know how to put back some party food? Hot dog, pasta salad, ziti, meatball, and kielbasa & pineapple. It was a full plate, but I didn’t feel overstuffed by any means, and I actually didn’t do much grazing all day long like I usually do at parties. Whatever…it was delicious, so I ate it.

By the time everyone finished eating, the rain cleared up and it was time to have some fun.

We had LOTS going on…

Corn hole, lawn darts, ladder ball, horseshoes, and beer pong.

Shortly after dinner, the dessert made its way out…in a big way.

I didn’t end up having any cupcakes, but I made sure to sample the carrot cake dip (omg amazing), brownie/cherry/cheesecake bars (again, amazing) and a couple of my cake mix cookies. Scott (does he look familiar?) did too…he was a big fan.

I think it’s safe to say that everyone had a really good time. Smile

Brother Dan & Erik                                                          Mike & Mark

IMG_5045IMG_5056

Mom & Son

My friend Kate (who just recently got engaged!) and her daughter, Talia, who may look familiar to you. Winking smile

Me and the other Kate, who I spent a majority of the day with, laughing and having a blast.

And of course, her hubby Joey, too (plus creeper Mike in the background).

Me and the party animals my parents. Smile

It wasn’t until later that hubby actually made it to the party; he had been away for a bachelor party, but was able to make it to the later part of the evening, thank goodness!

Which was good, because he almost missed the birthday singing. My intelligent, slightly buzzed brother couldn’t find birthday candles, so he decided to top mom’s birthday cupcakes with tealights. Yes, tealights…

“Happy Birthday, Mom!”  Birthday cake

Definitely a good party!

******

I slept in a bit this morning due to a later than usual bed time and have been sipping on an iced coffee while trying to decide what to make for breakfast. I’m thinking a buckwheat bowl sounds pretty good right now.

Question for the Morning:

What was the last good party you went to?

1 Blog is the New Black June 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

Your mom is gorgeous! You 2 could be twins! ;)

2 Rick June 26, 2011 at 10:53 am

Love the Tealights :-)

3 TheBloggeresBrother June 26, 2011 at 11:05 am

it was my only option

4 Melissa June 26, 2011 at 11:21 am

Looks like you guys did have a blast! I love fun crazy families! Happy birthday to your mom!!

5 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers June 26, 2011 at 11:36 am

Looks like quite the throwdown!

My beau peeked over while I was reading this post and whined “I wanna play beer pong outside!! Lucky!” Your partying is envied by ladies and gents alike.

The last good party I went to would have to be a while back, because I’m struggling to remember it but this weekend should be pretty fantastic Fourth of July Festivities!!

6 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 26, 2011 at 11:43 am

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun! I love family parties :). Your mom is so pretty…and gotta love the tea lights haha. I think the last good party I went to my cousin’s wedding reception. Does that count? It was so much fun!

7 Courtney June 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Absolutely! I love weddings!!

8 Shannon June 26, 2011 at 11:48 am

Looks like you all had an awesome time! =) Your mom sure does know how to trow a party =D I bet your cupcakes were a huge hit! =)

9 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Your family looks like such a blast! Makes me homesick. Glad I’ll be home in 1 month to do some celebrating with my own family. Carrot cake dip? What a brilliant concept!

Last good party I went to was WITHOUT A DOUBT my brother’s 30 birthday party. You see, it was a surprise party put on by his fiance. Well, my brother, having no idea his party was the next night, proposed to his now fiance the night before. So the party ended up being a 30th birthday turned engagement party. It was the happiest night and I felt so lucky to be a part of all of the surprises. Oh, and I was of course, in charge of the cake! (I bought it though – I’m no Sweet Tooth Courtney!)

10 Courtney June 26, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Oh my gosh, that sounds like such a blast!! (hey, nothin’ wrong with a store-bought cake as long as it comes from the right place!) ;)

11 Sarah June 26, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Hold the phone… carrot cake DIP ?!?!?! Recipe, please!!!

12 Courtney June 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm

YES, it’s incredible! It was actually just a mix from Tastefully Simple. It doesn’t look like they have that flavor now, but they have some others! http://www.tastefullysimple.com/shopourproducts/desserts.aspx

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I agree with ^^^^^. Carrot cake dip??? It sounds like heaven! :)
Last good party, my wedding. Awwww. And I love the tea lights from your slightly buzzed brother. Being slightly buzzed is when all the good thinking happens anyways!

14 Courtney June 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm

It was actually just a mix from Tastefully Simple. http://www.tastefullysimple.com/shopourproducts/desserts.aspx

15 Jess@atasteofconfidence June 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I really don’t think that looks like too much food at all! Glad you had a good time.

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy June 26, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Looks like you had a great time! Happy Birthday to your mom!

17 Kristine @ Runningon Hungry June 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Looks like so much fun! And gorgeous cupcakes as usual!

18 khushboo June 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Looks like a blast! Everyone looks like they are in a great mood and genuinely happy to be there, which makes all the difference! Hope your momma had a wonderful bday!

19 Erica June 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Carrot cake dip?! Omg, sounds amazing!!!

20 Lindsay@Brownies For Brunch June 26, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Carrot cake dip? Ummm…recipe please?! That sounds amazing! I’m sure your cupcakes and cookies were out of this world too. You’ve inspired me to start baking cupcakes again!

21 Courtney June 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hahaha, everyone is going crazy about this carrot cake dip! It was actually just a mix from Tastefully Simple…but I shouldn’t say “just” – it’s AWESOME! http://www.tastefullysimple.com/shopourproducts/desserts.aspx

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Looks like you guys had a blasty blast! Your parents sure do know how to party. Whenever I’m at family affairs, my plate always looks overstuffed too. I always just want to try everything – well, if I can!

23 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 26, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Happy Birthday to your mother! I’m loving her earrings – so fun. :)

24 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 26, 2011 at 2:06 pm

The teacup lights are hysterical! My brother would’ve done something like that too, sober even.

25 Abby June 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Love the tealights! Things like that are the memories everyone remembers! :)

26 Amy June 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Your mom’s party looked so fun!

The last great party I went to was just last weekend. My friend had a housewarming party. Since we live in Vegas everyone loves playing casino games. My friend set up Chinese poker, craps and roulette. I hadn’t seen a lot of these people since the semester ended so it was just so fun to catch up!

27 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm

That looks like so much fun!!! Happy Birthday to your mommy!!

28 erica June 26, 2011 at 4:04 pm

how sad is it that i can’t even remember the last great party i’ve been to!
but that one looked like fun!

love the use of tea lights in place of candles!

29 Katherine June 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Sounds like one amazing birthday!

30 Samantha June 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Looks like a great party!

Last great party I went to was in May – a gf of mine had a big bbq/Rock band party for her birthday, it was a riot!

31 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm

That looks like such a fun party! Family, friends, food and booze – I don’t think there’s a better combination! The last good party I went to was my bridal shower yesterday! It was amazing!! :)

32 Amy June 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful time, I am intrigued by the carrot cake dip – yummy! And those cupcakes look gorgeous.
Happy Birthday to your Mum.

33 Pure2raw twins June 26, 2011 at 9:33 pm

What a party!! Looked like fun, especially beer pong :)

34 Heather June 27, 2011 at 8:20 am

ummm…..
hold. the. phone.

i NEED a sweet tooth sweet life recreation recipe for carrot cake dip.
pronto.