No Lazy Sunday For Me

I’m going to be totally honest with you all. I was planning on making today one of the laziest Sundays on record. Nothing sounded better than sitting on the couch all day, catching up on my DVR, and finding movies on FX.

No, I’m not hung over, in case you’re curious!

But out of the blue, I flipped a switch and suddenly had the urge to move.

Really?

Even though I was suddenly in the mood to move, I wasn’t necessarily ready to sweat. So I strapped on my New Balance walking shoes and hit the treadmill.

IMG_5066IMG_5067

I decided to do my favorite 45 minute treadmill walk routine, which allowed me not only to use my walking sneaks, but also do a little reading from my new book.

I’ve long been a fan of Emily Giffin’s books, and have been waiting to get this one ever since I finished her other book, Baby Proof. Only three chapters in, but so far, so good!

Once I came up from the treadmill, hubby approached with the dreaded question…

Jay: “Are you doing anything right now?”

Me: (debating on coming up with some sort of lie) “Umm, no. Why?”

Jay: “Oh perfect! I could really use your help outside.”

Me: (cursing myself for not coming up with a lie quick enough) “Oh. What do you need?”

Jay: “I could really use some help pulling the weeds around the pool.”

Me: “Uhhhhhh, alriiiiight.”

A little over an hour later, my initial desire to not break a sweat had gone completely out the window, I had encountered at least a dozen spiders and more worms then I care to think about, and I had dirt permanently stuck not only under my nails but also stuck within my shellac manicure.

It is not pretty. BUT, I will say that the pool area looks pretty darn fantastic and I am one hell of a weed puller. And I don’t even feel bad about tooting my own horn. Winking smile

******

After a long shower and plenty of scrubbing, I headed out to the kitchen to whip up a quick and easy dinner. Hubby got a buffalo chicken panini with mozzarella cheese, while I got this delicious plate.

I ate up the last of the tomato-peach salsa on top of some arugula, which tasted even better than the first day now that it had time to really sit and marinate.

But as good as the salsa was, my Tomato, Basil, & Mozzarella Panini totally stole the show.

I used my same combo as last week’s lunch special, only this time, I folded the flatbread into a panini sandwich and sprinkled the top with some roasted garlic spray and a little Sicilian seasoning before putting it on the Griddler Jr.

It.was.awesome.

And not only was it awesome, but it was also light enough to allow for a little dessert tonight…which will definitely be another one of these.

Perfect way to end an already great weekend?

I think so. Smile

Questions for the Evening:

What would be the worst thing for you to encounter while digging/doing yard work?

For me, it’s worms. Probably the least harmful of everything I came across today, but they are just plain gross.

What’s your perfect way to end the weekend?

Comments

Don’t worry I had a lazy sunday for you, 27 Dresses was on FX :) of course my lazy sunday ends when I go to work in 3 hours :(

Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors! Heart of the Matter is her newest book and its really good too! If you haven’t tried Jennifer Weiner or Jane Green yet they’re similar and awesome!

• Courtney says

I’m planning on reading Heart of the Matter next!
      I have read Jennifer Weiner before (love her too) but not Jane Green…I’ll keep that in mind though!

I came face-to-face with a possum last summer. And it was 10am in the morning – why was that possum walking around like he owned the joint?!

It scared me for life – I am forever freaked out by our backyard now!

i LOVE times liek that when u just decide to go run or workout even tho not planned! hehe well i never do yard work… i leave that to the momster…. :/
    BUUUUTTT id say anyything creepyy and crawly that would suddenly appear near me in the yard would NOT be a pleasant experience!

Wow what a day! That sounds lovely and productive. I have an entirely unproductive day. For me though that stresses me out so to have a lovely end of the weekend I need to get some things done. I’m drinking water and then going to do a rather long workout and do some hard core knitting this evening. Im making a baby blanket for my brother in law and have to finish it before we see my mother in law in less than two weeks. Ack!

I had tons of spiders today while I was digging in our flower beds! I don’t mind them as long as they don’t get too close.

The perfect way to end this weekend is going to be watching True Blood with the hubby and ice cream :)

Uuhhhh worms are so gross! And spiders. Any thing that can fall under the bug category is horrible in my book :) On a more delicious note, that sandwich looks amazing! Guess who got a panini maker at her bridal shower yesterday? THIS girl :) I may have a panini every day for the first year of my marriage haha.

Snakes are the worst thing to come across while gardening, and big lizards as well. I can’t stand the scalies!
    My favourite way to end the weekend is by having a nice Sunday dinner with the family and Skyping the love of my life.

We have some snakes living in our flower beds and they totally freak me out!! Every time I hear something or feel something on my legs I’m absolutely terrified it will be a little snake!

My perfect way to end the weekend is a nice walk around the neighborhood with my family after dinner. It’s our last little bit of family time before the work week begins again.

Yellow jackets. I have a vivid memory of when my dad uncovered a nest while pulling weeds on the side of our house growing up and got stung 20 times. He had to jump in our pool to get them away from him. I think about it every time I pull weeds now!

That brownie sundae looks SO good, that would be my perfect end to the weekend! And I just finished reading Something Blue today and finished Something Borrowed last weekend, and they were good. The first books I read of Emily Griffin and I can’t wait to read more!

I use to get audiobooks when I was in undergrad, because the drive from my house to the school took about 6 hours. Anyways, one of the books I listened to was “Love the One Your With”- really great book!!

Great lookin’ dessert! Tough question… hmmm, I’d pretty much hate to encounter anything unexpected. Except for caterpillars. For whatever reason I think they’re adorable.

love Emily Giffin!!!
    Spiders are the worst thing I can encounter!!! I am scared of them!!!
    Your dinner looked awesome! My next cheat day from Paleo… that sandwich is happening!!!

I love Emily Giffin! She’s one of my go-to authors. Gotta echo the comment from above: Jane Green is my all-time fave and Jemima J. is one of the best books I’ve ever read. The book is simple, like most chick reads, but the I absolutely love the message of the story. I’m planning on re-reading sometime soon because I haven’t read it in years. When you get a chance, give it a go. It’s a page-turner :-)

Perfect way to end the weekend? In bed with a good book!

I was once doing yardwork with my mom and we found a snake next to us =/ Sooo Im not a big fan of yardwork unless its watering flowers =P

I made it clear to Peter early on that I do NOT do yard work stuff. He has learned to not ask. I will take care of every little thing indoors…but no outdoor. Which is funny because I love hiking and being outdoors…just not doing weeding, mowing, planting, etc.