Endless Money Supply

Sometimes, I wish I had an endless supply of money at my disposal.

“Ummm, Courtney, I’m pretty sure the rest of the universe is in the same boat as you…”

Alright alright, sure, we could all use a little extra money every now and then, right? But earlier this morning, as I was picking away at the remnants of my shellac manicure and wishing I could just go and get another one, I couldn’t help but think about how nice it would be to have some extra spending cash on hand to do things like that.

Yes, that’s what they looked like almost three weeks ago. This is what they look like now…

But honestly, up until yesterday, they still looked just as good as the first day, just a bit grown out. You’re actually supposed to go back to the salon and have the manicure “soaked off,” but I, umm, am lazy and have been picking mine off. Woops.

So anyways…I got to thinking about more about that endless supply of money and the little things I would splurge on a daily/weekly/monthly basis:

• Weekly mani/pedi appointments
  • Monthly massages & facials
  • Daily iced coffees from Dunkin’ Donuts, Flavour Café, or Starbucks
  • A cleaning service
  • A personal chef who would cook me a gourmet meal twice a week
  • A personal trainer (I want someone to seriously kick my butt!)
  • Someone to mow my lawn and pull weeds

*****

That was fun! But before I sound too needy or greedy…let’s move on to lunch, shall we? It was a good one.

Considering yesterday’s goodie package of Love Grown Foods granola, I couldn’t resist not digging in today. I paired more of the Raisin Almond Crunch flavor with a vanilla Chobani, strawberries and blueberries.

I guess I’m already gearing up for the holiday weekend? Smile

Along with my yogurt bowl, I enjoyed some carrot sticks and a leftover corn muffin which was still as amazing as ever. I really think I have a cornbread problem…do they make AA for that? Would it be called CA? Maybe CLA (Cornbread Lovers Anonymous)?

Geez, I can be such a tool.

Question for the Afternoon…going along with the beginning of this post:

If you had an endless supply of spending money, what daily/weekly/monthly indulgences would you splurge on?

Comments

1. Carly says

If I had an endless supply of money, I’d also get a personal trainer to help me work out without getting injured. Lately I feel as though I’m made of glass!

I’m getting my first shellac manicure today! Your post inspired me, your french mani looked SO beautiful. To make a long story short, I have to do it today and my engagement photos are exactly 2 weeks today…based on your experience do you think they’ll still last? (Keeping in mind up close “hand” shots…) Thanks!

• Courtney says

Oooo how fun!! Yes, I think they should be fine. If they start to grow out on you, my manicurist told me to just buff the ends near your cuticle with a light buff stick (not a nail file) and coat with clear nail polish. She said it should last you another week!

2. Brittany says

Oh boy, I got a shellac manicure (I wasn’t thinking and started to spell that “manequere” wtf?) about a month and a half ago. I was obsessed but when one of them started to peel I decided I needed to be done with them at that very moment. I spent the better part of the night concocting ways to get it off and ended up completely ruining my nails. I desperately want to go back and get another one but I’m too embarrassed by te aftermath to let the nail ladies see what I did…. Yours don’t look nearly as bad. I literally can’t go any amount of time without at least a clear coat because it HURTS my nails. Ugh.

• Brittany says

They didn’t peel for about 3 weeks but the color dulled significantly and kind of looked like it was scratched like an old piece of plastic or something after maybe a week and a half. The color I had was pretty dark though so this may have made a difference.

I got ripped off- I went back to “soak” mine off… and it’s just regular nail polish remover anyway! And they charged me 7 dollars! I was so mad… I kept asking what was in it and she wouldn’t tell me and then admitted it was just remover.

I would love to get regular manis, too… if only!

• Jen M. says

They should have been using straight acetone — and anyone can soak them off themselves, just pour some in a shallow bowl and use an orangewood stick to push the color off once it starts peeling back. I can’t believe they charged you to remove it!! None of the salons I’ve been to have charged for it! :/

Monthly pedicures for sure! A personal trainer and weekly maid too!

I would spend a lot more money at Starbucks too! And probably on my wardrobe :)

If I had endless money supply I would buy everything organic and invest in a weekly massage, buy a rogue bar & weights to have in my home.. oh geez.. the list goes on!

I love your mani I have never gotten a shellac one yet ill have to look into that when I get my nails done next, they look beautiful!

I would like to second all those things. Plus, I wish I had enough money to take cabs or a car service everywhere so that I didn’t have to wait for public transportation anymore! (especially during the cold Chicago winters)

I’ll be a member of the CLA club with you 😉
    & if money weren’t an option one of my first investments would definitely be a bakery!! & of course…I owe you & Jay a trip to St. Lucia 😀

9. @ThisLittleLambe says

I would:
    – Have a personal trainer and nutritionist
    – Get laser hair removal on my entire body except my head, eyebrows, and eyelashes
    – Have a better nanny (sounds mean but I’m being honest)
    – Buy a boatload of workout clothes from Lulu, Nike, and Under Armour
    – Shop at Whole Foods for all my groceries
    – Have my hair done at an expensive salon. Every. Single. Week.
    – Mani/pedis each week, obviously
    – Buy my boys a big treat each and every Monday to make their weeks start off properly!

Oh and I’d like to have a hybrid car too.

Wow I’m GREEDY! hahaha

Hope you’re having a great Wednesday Courtney!

10. Katie says

Obsessed with shellac! Unfortunately, I don’t usually get to have them back to back so I need to find a way to get them off myself.

It’s not regular old remover, it has to have acetone in it (but you can still get it at the drugstore). I’ve done it a few times, but what I did just last night worked the best. I soaked my nails in the remover for about 5 minutes. I then drenched a cotton ball in the remover, placed it on top of my nail, and covered it with aluminum foil. I left it on for about 20 minutes. Once I took the foil off I could pretty much get the rest off just as if it were normal polish. Doing one hand at a time this took about 1-hour total. Kind of time consuming, but I considered it a break and plopped myself in front of the TV!

• Jen M. says

Buy a bottle of straight acetone at any store – Target, whatevs, and some orangewood sticks, and pour some acetone in a shallow bowl and soak your nails and when the color starts curling back away from your nails, use the orangewood stick to gently push it off. Voila!

if i had the $$ i would def. join a CSA program and buy unlimited yoga classes at a hot yoga studio! that and all the lululemon workout clothes i want!

• Courtney says

I never got into the eyebrow waxing…tried it once, but I guess I prefer plucking and inflicting my own pain 😉

12. briana says

I’d want monthly vacations to places a short distance away! Plus of course little things like going out to eat at new restaurants once a week and manicures and pedicures. Also, why not some money to have a personal trainer once a week!

I’d join a CSA program in a heartbeat! I’d also join a beer of the month club to get access to beers I can’t buy in NC, as well as:
    -have Wawa sandwiches and diet Raspberry Iced Tea shipped to me regularly.
    -get my clothes custom tailored.
    -That would include designing shoes big enough to fit my (size 13) feet!
    -acupuncture.
    -see more movies in theaters/IMAX.

I would definitely get mani/ pedis every weekend. They just feel soooo good! Plus, they give me an excuse to catch up on my trashy magazines. Oh… also, I would hire someone to work for me 😉

15. Rachel says

The first thing I would do with extra moolah would be to shop exclusively at Fresh Market so I could buy only the finest organic produce and meat and all their yummy cheese. I would definitely go for frequent mani/pedis, haircuts & color to make me feel pretty. A decked out home gym and a personal trainer to come to my house would be awesome too. Actually, who am I kidding…if I had an endless supply of money I would get ready to quit my job and have babies and be a stay at home mom. In the meantime I would get my Ph. D so that I could teach college once my kids were older.

Oooh, good question! Definitely a maid and a personal trainer. Possibly a chef, too, but I like to cook. And definitely lawn service and mani/pedis. And clothes!

I peel off my gel manicures too! Usually around the 3 week mark, one of the nails just starts peeling off, so I usually just peel the rest of then while in the shower!

If I had an endless supply of money, I would have a chef and a maid! Plus I would have every designer handbag and my favorite pair of citizen of humanity jeans in every wash!

Pedicures! Oh man, I miss the days when I could afford one every month. I end up painting my own toenails. When I do go get one (for special occasions), I feel so embarrassed at the condition of my feet from my running shoes!

I would go clothes shopping every week, buy ice cream everyday, try new restaurants on a weekly basis, and travel at least monthly.

You’re nails look great even without the shellac manicure! I wish my nails would look like that. If I had an endless money supply… I would have to agree with you and get a monthly or weekly massage, nothing is better than a massage. In addition, I would hire a maid! I hate cleaning… if I get in a groove I love it, but on a daily basis not so much!

this is fun..
    geez this list go go on and on:
    manicure/pedicures and other pampering!! :)
    fun exotic vacations and cool adventures
    clothes/shoes all that fun stuff
    some one to clean
    personal trainer
    good food/organic.. probably always at whole foods, a bad addiction when you have no $$.. and someone to occasionally cook

I think we all wish we had an endless supply of money. My husband and I dream about that daily! I love what you would spend it on – I’ll have to draw up my own list too!

Hmmm lets see if I had an endless supply of money I would…
    Buy whatever hand bag I wanted, regardless of the price
    Buy all organic food
    Hire a personal trainer
    Hire a personal chef
    Pay my parents back for the money they spent on me in college
    Donate tons to charity
    Buy a spacious house with an amazing gourmet kitchen
    Travel ALL THE TIME.

24. Katie says

It’s funny that you say you’d have someone put away your laundry – I HATE that too!! I don’t mind throwing the laundry in the wash/dryer or folding, but I always beg, bribe, and barter to get my husband to try to stuff the clothes in our admittedly over-stuffed drawers! (Hmm…maybe we need to clean them out?? -something else I’d pay someone to do if I had an endless supply of cash!).

I’m with you on the mani/pedi — I always do such a quick job on mine. The professional do a much better job. I would also have a cleaning service come in once a week and I would need at least one new outfit per week. :)

since you love cornbread so much, do you like hush puppies???

dont get me wrong, i do love me some cornbread! I mean, I am from the South and all! But hush puppies seriously take it to a whole other level. Swoooon.

Especially dipped in ketchup!

27. Jen M. says

ohhhhh, an endless supply of money… I’d quit my job first! Get bi-monthly pedis and weekly manis, hire a weekly cleaning service, and I own a condo so my yards are already taken care of, but if I had endless money, I’d sell my condo and buy a big house on at least a couple acres and then of course hire a landscaping service to keep the grounds maintained, I’d travel WAY more and start checking places off my “Travel Wish List”, and then spend the rest of my days reading, cooking, having lunch/coffee/tea dates, tending to an herb and veggie garden, doing yoga classes, and volunteering. And maybe I’d open up a Bed and Breakfast. Or just decorate them and then sell them. ha! Ahhhh, the life I plan on having once I meet and marry a wealthy man! 😉

28. Julie says

pretty similar to you….personal trainer, weekly mani/pedis and a cleaning service. I’d also want to get one of those food services that the celebs get where they have perfectly portioned and nutritious meals & snacks based on their weight and goals.

Oh and I’d get keratin treatments on my hair more often. I’ve gotten a couple and loved the result. the treatment has held up well on my hair, but I’m starting to see more frizz. but they’re so pricey!!

fun question! i always said if i ever became crazy rich i’d fly first class when i travelled because i hate waiting to get off a plane and i’m somehow always in the very back!!! i’d also have a person who does my hair daily, hire a personal trainer and a personal chef. now that i see so many writing weekly mani/pedi’s, i want that too! no time to make a bigger list today though, because i really have a list still to do today! off to do some laundry, wash some dishes and do some grocery shopping…but a girl can dream, right??

I would indulge in some mani/pedi time too! But would get weekly massages FOR SURE. They’re one of my favourite things.

I’d also buy a shiny new car. There’s nothing wrong with mine, but I’ve had it for quite a few years and I’m tired of it. That’s a good enough reason, right? 😉

Another thing – If I had endless money, I’d take waaaay more vacations. Lots of beaches, and I’d haul my friends along with me. Would be so perfect!

31. Amanda says

Ahhh! Don’t pick at the Shellac. You will hurt your nails. Don’t go to the salon and pay to have them off either. Take ten cotton balls and soak each one in nail polish remover. Tape one cotton ball to each fingernail and let them stay on for ten to fifteen minutes. Once the time is up you should be able to easily take the Shellac off without having to pick at it.- oh and save yourself some money too!

Endless money supply- there are too many things that I would do with that :)

A personal trainer, monthly hair appointments (rather than every 3 months) for cut and color, and someone to teach me how to cook… preferably someone super cute like Sam from Top Chef. 😉 (For those who don’t know who I’m talking about: http://www.samtalbot.com/)

I’d get monthly massages, my hair color at the salon instead of in a box, manicures, a maid (who has to do the dishes when I cook :)), all organic food, buy a lululemon store, or a mall :P.
    And I really want a mini cooper lol.

Oh, if I had an endless supply of money, what would I do???

1. Mani/pedis whenever I want
    2. Endless grocery store shopping (I LOVE to go to the grocery store all the time, even if I do not need anything)
    3. Buy all the books on my “want to read list” (which is like 4 pages)
    4. Take a vacation once a month to a different place
    5. Pay off all my student loans
    6. Get a puppy (and pay off all the medical bills right then and there)
    7. Go clothes shopping (to help me feel better about myself)
    8. Probably get a personal trainer

I mean, I am sure the list could go on and on; but for now, this will have to do! :)

P.S. I found your blog from Colleen also! :)

If I had an endless supply of money I would absolutely love to have a personal trainer. I’d love to be able to buy all the organic food I wanted (it’s hard to budget for that now!), would definitely monthly pedicures, manicures, and massages, and of course there are so many people/organizations I would love to support financially if I didn’t have to worry about money!

Love the patriotic yogurt bowl. :) I’ve been having the same lunch this week!

If I had an endless supply of money, I’d go to culinary school and then start my own bakery. But if the supply had somewhat of an end, I’d just take advantage of the little things. I.e., not feel guilty about eating a Larabar every day. :)

Most of the same stuff as you! I think I’d get Lasik surgery too so I dont have to deal with contacts/glasses anymore – they can be such a pain!

I’d also have someone to clean up after my dog when she does her business in the yard – my least fave chore!

I’m right there with ya on the laundry – but I got sick of digging through baskets of clean clothes for something to wear, so now I just suck it up and do it!

I think you know what I’d spend my money on…an endless supply of fro yo and champy!! Heehee 😉 I’d also buy more clothes/purses/shoes and do tons and tons of traveling with my hubby and family! :)

I love this post. Do you want my beauty pageant answer: If I had all the money in the world, I would donate it to charities and funds towards world peace. In reality:

Open up a frozen yogurt shop
    Buy out Whole Foods
    Hire a personal trainer who specializes in cardio, strength training and yoga
    Have a daily masseuse who wakes me up with a massage
    Weekly pedicures
    Bi-weekly manicures
    A hair stylist who blow-dries my hair every time I wash it
    A car….but first I would have to get my driving license
    Laser off all the hair on my body
    I would say ‘quit my job’ but today’s my last day so no need: WOO!
    Book a trip around the world so I could see it all
    Tory Burch pumps in all colors
    An iPad
    Go to finishing school (yes and learn how to be a proper lady 😉 )

Ok ill stop being greedy now 😉

I would fuel my shopping addiction definitely!
    Weekly blow outs at the salon,
    hair extensions,
    monthly massages,
    IPad 2, Chanel
    Ballet flats in every color,
    YSL stam bag,
    Louis Vuitton monogrammed travel trunks,
    Every thing ever made by Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, and Tory Burch
    PhD so I dont have to depend on tuition waver and could go anywhere I wanted
    Travel Asia extensively
    I would own property in England,Aspen, Newport Beach, The Hamptons, Australia, and maybe an Island or two
    A stable of horses
    A football team
    An Escalade, Raspberry
    Jag convertible
    Yacht (I need a boat to fit my nautical wardrobe)
    Personal Trainer
    Private Jet
    Laser Hair Removal
    A puppy, or like 4
    Guiltless shopping at WF
    An infinity pool
    a maid because I am lazy
    yea.. Im not materialistic or needy at all….

I would:

– set up a serious home gym for myself and keep it well stocked with whatever fitness gear takes my fancy!
    – buy organic all the time, not just when it’s reduced
    – feed my cookbook habit!
    – get my hair cut more often
    – have sports massages instead of making-do with my foam roller
    – travel more
    – a pony! :)

Wow this is a great little conversation!

I would…
    -get a least weekly massages
    -get a personal trainer
    -go to lots of those expensive health getaways where you hike in mountains all day and amazing chefs cook delicious healthy foods for you!
    -buy a ranch to raise my 10 000 dogs!
    -hire someone to clean up all the dog poo!

Thanks for the great discussion Courtney!

43. Sarah says

If i had an endless supply of money i would buy a private jet(no more climbing over people):). I would also get a cleaning service and all the shoes, clothing, and purses i could!( selfish i know, but a girl can dream). Oh yeah, and i would get Never Say Never ( yes i am sorely afflicted by Beiber Fever, im in my teens).

44. Nicole says

In addition to the great ideas you had with an endless amount of money, I agree with many of your other commentors that massages would definitely make the list.

I would also hire a team of scientists to figure out a way to make some of the most decadent foods (ICE CREAM!!!) calorie-free, but still as tasty as the full-fat, high caloric kind.

A girl can dream, can’t she??? 😉

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← Endless Money Supply […]