Let’s Be Random

I’ve gotta tell you guys, I love reading all of your comments from this afternoon’s post about the fun indulgences you’d splurge on with your endless supply of money. If you haven’t weighed in yet, make sure to check out the discussion, it’s a fun one!

*****

Earlier today while catching up on my Google Reader, I noticed that the lovely Colleen had tagged me in a fun little game of answering some random questions.

So I figured that since I have a softball game tonight and will most likely be eating leftovers of last night’s dinner, tonight would be the perfect night to have another little “Get To Know Me” session.

Heeeere weeee goooo…!

What is your favorite cartoon character?

I always loved Chuckie Finster from the Nickelodeon show, Rugrats. Too cute.

source

What is your favorite thing to photograph?

That would probably have to be Cody. Smile

CODY!

What is your favorite thing to cook?

I think you all know that I’d much rather bake, but if I had to choose one, it would have be anything Italian and/or with red sauce. Such as…

Cheesy Marinara Veggie Stacks or Baked Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, & Cheese

Homemade Sauce & Meatballs, and of course, Sensational Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

IMG_6485 IMG_2516

What is your favorite way to exercise?

Any way that allows me to break a sweat (although not always) and have some FUN at the same time. HIIT, BodyPump, Yoga…I like it all!

What is your favorite movie?

Might have to go with Forgetting Sarah Marshall on this one. That movie makes me laugh every.time. I see it!

What is your favorite article of clothing?

It depends on my mood. Some days, it’s my cozies…other days, it’s sundresses (so easy breezy!)

IMG_1271IMG_3020

What is your favorite flower?

Definitely calla lilies, which is why I had to include them in my wedding.

What is your favorite breakfast?

For the day to day, probably have to be a cereal combo bowl.

But for a splurge, it’s Red Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes from Café Madison. YUM!

What is your favorite book(s)?

I’m a big fan of Jodi Picoult and Emily Giffin…I loved Something Borrowed & Something Blue.

Now, it’s your turn!

Question for the Evening:

What are your answers to any (or ALL!) of the questions from above?

*****

**FYI**

Comments

Favorite Cartoon: Care Bears
    Favorite thing to photograph: Misha my dalmatian
    Favorite thing to cook: I like baking 100% better, cooking is just essential
    Favorite way to exercise: Running
    Favorite movie: Dirty Dancing
    Favorite clothing article: Skinny jeans and a cute tank top
    Favorite Flower: n/a
    Favorite breakfast: Bagels & cream cheese (which I never have) haha
    Favorite Book: Right now I am reading The Help and it is EXCELLENT. But all time fav would be the Harry Potter series!

Fave thing to take photos of? My friends.
    Fave movie? When Harry Met Sally.
    Fave flowers? Roses. Or daisies.
    Fave article of clothing? Yoga pants. Or flip flops.
    Fave breakfast? Anything. I loooove breakfast.
    Fave books? Nicholas Sparks always writes good stuff. But I like Chelsea Handler’s books too! So funny.

What is your favorite cartoon character?

I have never had cable, and when I was a kid my parents pretty much pushed me outside rather than in front of the television. I was a tortured child. However, I do remember watching old Bugs Bunny cartoons and absolutely loving the Road Runner.

What is your favorite thing to photograph?

My favorite thing to photograph is the food I am eating. It motivates me to make it look more appetizing because I know people will be looking at the picture.

What is your favorite thing to cook?

I am a school teacher and usually very busy, but when I have time, I love to make mexican food. Taco Bake, nachos, Mexican Pizza. Pretty much anything that involves cheese and I am making it.

What is your favorite way to exercise?

I like to turn up my Ipod (usually listening to Jillian Michaels podcast) and hop on the elliptical for 45-60 minutes. I get in the zone and can sort of block out everything else.

What is your favorite movie?

This is a cruel question, because I love movies. As a serious hobby, on my blog, I write movie reviews, so I just love them. If I had to pick one movie that I love more than any other I would choose “The Shawshank Redemption” with Morgan Freeman. I can see it like fifteen times without getting bored. It is based on a short story written by Stephen King, and I have even taught the story to my students.

What is your favorite article of clothing?

My red zip up hoodie. It has holes in it, it’s all stretched out and I love it. I wear it with almost everything. When I lived at home, my father always threatened to throw it away, but he knew I would have killed him.

What is your favorite flower?

I don’t really have a favorite flower, I kind of like them all. I really enjoy Roses and Gerbera Daisies.

What is your favorite breakfast?

That is hard. I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast. If I could have warm french toast every morning, I would. I do love Raisin Bran mixed with fruit (usually bananas). I really like fruit and plain yogurt as well.

What is your favorite book(s)?

I love books, but my favorite right now is probably “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins.

4. Brittany says

I JUST got Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin yesterday at Borders…how funny! I can’t wait to start one. My absolute favorite book though (which I really recommend!!) is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. an AMAZING book. 😀

Thanks for being so supportive of my blog giveaway, Courtney! I have been an avid follower of your blog for a while, and you have totally inspired me to create my own blog (and also show off my out of control shopping addiction haha). This support is exactly what I love about the healthy living community! :-)

Great post! I absolutely LOVE calla lillies as well, but I think peonies are probably my favorite flower of all time :-)

6. Sasha says

I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now and LOVE it! I just wanted to say that Something Borrowed and Something Blue were ah-ma-zing! i just finished both in one week and tackled Something Blue in one day! Also, Judi Picoult is fantastic 😉 have a wonderful night!

Totally with ya on the favorite clothes! I would wear a sundress all the time if I could, and then put on cozies the second I got home! :)

Book-wise, my favorite is Fortune’s Rocks by Anita Shreve. Please please please read this book. It is fantastic.

Cartoon? Smurfette
    Thing to cook: Paninis!
    Exercise: Running–I’m not coordinated enough for anything else :)

My favorite way to exercise is doing intervals or dancing.
    Some favorite book: The Manny (you should read it, it’s cute!), Nicholas Sparks books, Water for Elephants
    Favorite Cartoon character- one of them is definitely Tigger..I always loved him!

Favorite MovieS (I can’t just choose one!): The Notebook, Forrest Gump, Pretty Woman, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and pretty much anything with Sandra Bullock

Fave Cartoon Character – Road Runner, I love him!
    Fave thing to photograph – nature
    Fave thing to cook – any kind of pasta dish
    Fave way to exercise – Running, but yoga comes at a very close second (butt kicking yoga, that is)
    Fave movie – American Beauty
    Fave article of clothing – tank tops – I own ridiculous amounts of tank tops!
    Fave flower – Sunflower
    Fave breakfast – Quaker oatmeal squares with blueberries, bananas, and skim milk
    Fave book – Different Seasons by Stephen King – it’s the book that both the movies Stand by Me and Shawshank Redemption came from!

Favorite Cartoon: I love Rugrats too!
    Favorite thing to photograph: my puppy
    Favorite thing to cook: I’m more of a baker
    Favorite way to exercise: Boxing
    Favorite movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
    Favorite clothing article: my man-friend’s xxl sweater
    Favorite Flower: orchids
    Favorite breakfast: (healthy) overnight oats (not so healthy) chocolate chip pancakes!!!
    Favorite Book: Right now I am reading The Sookie Stackhouse novels and I’m hooked! On book #3 of 7!

Favorite Cartoon:
    Favorite thing to photograph: My husband and dogs… of course! (oh, and the mountains… the light is always so different at different times of the day…)
    Favorite thing to cook: Cornish hens and rice
    Favorite way to exercise: Running
    Favorite movie: BBC version of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
    Favorite clothing article: Bootcut jeans and sweater
    Favorite Flower: Sweet Peas
    Favorite breakfast: Pancakes! or… Waffles!….or French Toast!….or Hash Browns! or…..Poached Eggs on Muffin!….or Biscuits and Gravy!….or all of the above! :) Ha! only on a very special occasion!
    Favorite Book: The Memory of Old Jack by Wendell Berry… so beautiful!

1. Helga from Hey Arnold
    2. Trees and flowers
    3. Soup
    4. Running
    5. The Godfather
    6. Dresses
    7. Tulips and violets
    8. Eggs, french toast, sweet crepes……
    9. All of them are in spanish, because I’m Mexican : Pedro Páramo, Niebla and Diablo Guardian. I am not sure if they are trsanlated, but I don’t think so.

Haha I lovveeeed Rugrats although I gotta say, I was more of a Tommy Pickles fan! Favorite everyday breakfast is overnight oats but for an indulgence, waffles with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar!

Fave Cartoon Character:Judy Jetson (I know she was a total snob, but I just loved her futuristic fashionista outfits)
    Fave Book: Jemima J and Oh The Places You’ll Go
    Fave Movie: Devil Wears Prada
    Fave Breakfast: If I could eat just 1 or even 2, it would be a bowl of cereal, particularly, Honey Nut Cherrios, Captain Crunch, Frosted Mini Wheats

Favorite Cartoon Character: That’s a tough one! Probably Ariel… orrrr Eliza Thornberry!
    Favorite Book: Harry Potter, or Shop a holic
    Favorite Clothes: White Linen Pants and a nautical themed shirt
    Favorite Flowers: Snap Dragons ( I love the name)
    Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice
    Favorite Food to Cook: hmmm probably grilled salmon and veggies!
    Favorite Breakfast: Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Waffles and eggs
    Favorite Workout: Yoga Sculpt and Spinning
    Favorite Thing to Photograph: My friends when we are out… sooo many good/tragic photos

• Courtney says

No, I haven’t! I’ll have to check those out…but it’ll be a while, since I take FOREVER to finish a book!

I love these posts!!

Favorite Cartoon: Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh
    Favorite thing to photograph: My friends and boyfriend
    Favorite thing to cook: Pizza! … if that counts as cooking
    Favorite way to exercise: Walking :)
    Favorite movie: Bridget Jone’s Diary/ Love Actually
    Favorite clothing article: Some comfy jeans and a nice top
    Favorite Flower: gerber daisies
    Favorite breakfast: (sweet) french toast (savory) quiche
    Favorite Book: Catcher in the Rye and allll Harry Potter books

18. Karen says

I love, love this post!!

Favorite thing to photograph: family, friends, our kitties (Cohen & Summer) & my growing baby bump
    Favorite thing to cook: Chicken Parm
    Favorite way to exercise: with you, I love it all
    Favorite movie: totally with you, I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall as well as I Love You, Man. Jason Siegal & Paul Rudd are AMAZING!
    Favorite Flower: Calla Lillies are well…In my wedding too!
    Favorite breakfast: Cereal Bowl or Oatmeal w/choc. protein powder

I am a huge jodi picoult and emily giffin fan too! and I love Callas! I had a mixture in my wedding of roses, callas, gerber daisies, kind of like yours! I love the jewels!

Trackbacks