Let’s Be Random

by Courtney on June 29, 2011

I’ve gotta tell you guys, I love reading all of your comments from this afternoon’s post about the fun indulgences you’d splurge on with your endless supply of money. If you haven’t weighed in yet, make sure to check out the discussion, it’s a fun one!

*****

Earlier today while catching up on my Google Reader, I noticed that the lovely Colleen had tagged me in a fun little game of answering some random questions.

So I figured that since I have a softball game tonight and will most likely be eating leftovers of last night’s dinner, tonight would be the perfect night to have another little “Get To Know Me” session.

Heeeere weeee goooo…!

What is your favorite cartoon character?

I always loved Chuckie Finster from the Nickelodeon show, Rugrats. Too cute.

source

What is your favorite thing to photograph?

That would probably have to be Cody. Smile

CODY!

What is your favorite thing to cook?

I think you all know that I’d much rather bake, but if I had to choose one, it would have be anything Italian and/or with red sauce. Such as…

Cheesy Marinara Veggie Stacks or Baked Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, & Cheese

Homemade Sauce & Meatballs, and of course, Sensational Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

IMG_6485 IMG_2516

What is your favorite way to exercise?

Any way that allows me to break a sweat (although not always) and have some FUN at the same time. HIIT, BodyPump, Yoga…I like it all!

What is your favorite movie?

Might have to go with Forgetting Sarah Marshall on this one. That movie makes me laugh every.time. I see it!

What is your favorite article of clothing?

It depends on my mood. Some days, it’s my cozies…other days, it’s sundresses (so easy breezy!)

IMG_1271IMG_3020

What is your favorite flower?

Definitely calla lilies, which is why I had to include them in my wedding.

What is your favorite breakfast?

For the day to day, probably have to be a cereal combo bowl.

But for a splurge, it’s Red Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes from Café Madison. YUM!

What is your favorite book(s)?

I’m a big fan of Jodi Picoult and Emily Giffin…I loved Something Borrowed & Something Blue.

Now, it’s your turn!

Question for the Evening:

What are your answers to any (or ALL!) of the questions from above?

*****

**FYI**

1 Bethany June 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Favorite Cartoon: Care Bears
Favorite thing to photograph: Misha my dalmatian
Favorite thing to cook: I like baking 100% better, cooking is just essential
Favorite way to exercise: Running
Favorite movie: Dirty Dancing
Favorite clothing article: Skinny jeans and a cute tank top
Favorite Flower: n/a
Favorite breakfast: Bagels & cream cheese (which I never have) haha
Favorite Book: Right now I am reading The Help and it is EXCELLENT. But all time fav would be the Harry Potter series!

2 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:24 pm

GREAT movie choice! :)

3 Erica June 29, 2011 at 7:17 pm

My favorite article(s) of clothing are definitely dresses & my favorite flowers are hydrangeas!

4 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Favorite Movie: Love Actually, The Holiday OR Pretty Woman. I’m a romantic sap at heart! :)

5 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Awwww, ALL good movies there!! I LOVE Love Actually! :)

6 Liz June 29, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Fave thing to take photos of? My friends.
Fave movie? When Harry Met Sally.
Fave flowers? Roses. Or daisies.
Fave article of clothing? Yoga pants. Or flip flops.
Fave breakfast? Anything. I loooove breakfast.
Fave books? Nicholas Sparks always writes good stuff. But I like Chelsea Handler’s books too! So funny.

7 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com June 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I LOVE THIS!!! Your wedding flowers are gorgeous!! I LOVE your photos of Cody! I use to watch Rugrats everyday:) I am coming over for you to cook for me!

8 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Awesome…I’ll get my spare room ready for ya ;)

9 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 29, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Awwwe Rugrats! That used to be my FAVORITE show as a kid! I’d watch episode after episode and never get sick of it. Then I’d play the computer game during other shows- haha!

10 Kelley June 29, 2011 at 8:01 pm

What is your favorite cartoon character?

I have never had cable, and when I was a kid my parents pretty much pushed me outside rather than in front of the television. I was a tortured child. However, I do remember watching old Bugs Bunny cartoons and absolutely loving the Road Runner.

What is your favorite thing to photograph?

My favorite thing to photograph is the food I am eating. It motivates me to make it look more appetizing because I know people will be looking at the picture.

What is your favorite thing to cook?

I am a school teacher and usually very busy, but when I have time, I love to make mexican food. Taco Bake, nachos, Mexican Pizza. Pretty much anything that involves cheese and I am making it.

What is your favorite way to exercise?

I like to turn up my Ipod (usually listening to Jillian Michaels podcast) and hop on the elliptical for 45-60 minutes. I get in the zone and can sort of block out everything else.

What is your favorite movie?

This is a cruel question, because I love movies. As a serious hobby, on my blog, I write movie reviews, so I just love them. If I had to pick one movie that I love more than any other I would choose “The Shawshank Redemption” with Morgan Freeman. I can see it like fifteen times without getting bored. It is based on a short story written by Stephen King, and I have even taught the story to my students.

What is your favorite article of clothing?

My red zip up hoodie. It has holes in it, it’s all stretched out and I love it. I wear it with almost everything. When I lived at home, my father always threatened to throw it away, but he knew I would have killed him.

What is your favorite flower?

I don’t really have a favorite flower, I kind of like them all. I really enjoy Roses and Gerbera Daisies.

What is your favorite breakfast?

That is hard. I have a bad habit of skipping breakfast. If I could have warm french toast every morning, I would. I do love Raisin Bran mixed with fruit (usually bananas). I really like fruit and plain yogurt as well.

What is your favorite book(s)?

I love books, but my favorite right now is probably “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins.

11 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Wow, awesome answers! :)

12 Brittany June 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I JUST got Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin yesterday at Borders…how funny! I can’t wait to start one. My absolute favorite book though (which I really recommend!!) is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. an AMAZING book. :D

13 Brittany June 29, 2011 at 9:56 pm

whoops- *Giffin*

14 Lee @ in the pink of condition June 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for being so supportive of my blog giveaway, Courtney! I have been an avid follower of your blog for a while, and you have totally inspired me to create my own blog (and also show off my out of control shopping addiction haha). This support is exactly what I love about the healthy living community! :-)

Great post! I absolutely LOVE calla lillies as well, but I think peonies are probably my favorite flower of all time :-)

15 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

No problem, girl! ;)

16 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 29, 2011 at 8:21 pm

This survey is my faveeee I’m posting mine tomorrow morning!

17 Sasha June 29, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now and LOVE it! I just wanted to say that Something Borrowed and Something Blue were ah-ma-zing! i just finished both in one week and tackled Something Blue in one day! Also, Judi Picoult is fantastic ;) have a wonderful night!

18 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Hey Sasha! Thanks so much! :-D

19 Cait @ Urban Fencepost June 29, 2011 at 8:38 pm

My favorite thing to photograph is my puppy, Maddux. My favorite way to exercise is taking classes. My favorite article of clothing is my lululemon pants.

20 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen June 29, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I’ll go with the flowers one…orchids. That was my wedding splurge. Those bad boys are NOT cheap!

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 29, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Asking me to pick a favorite book is like asking me to pick a favorite book. I just can’t do it!!!

22 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Wait…I’m confused! LOL…

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 29, 2011 at 9:20 pm

and you have every right to be. Because what I meant to say was “asking me to pick a favorite book is like asking me to pick a favorite food”.

Just making sure you’re paying attention.

24 Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:25 pm

LOL…it’s ok. I know how it is…being a teacher on vacation and it all goes out the window. I’ll let it slide ;)

25 Melissa June 29, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Totally with ya on the favorite clothes! I would wear a sundress all the time if I could, and then put on cozies the second I got home! :)

Book-wise, my favorite is Fortune’s Rocks by Anita Shreve. Please please please read this book. It is fantastic.

Cartoon? Smurfette
Thing to cook: Paninis!
Exercise: Running–I’m not coordinated enough for anything else :)

26 Mac June 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm

My favorite characters were always the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I also went through a Scooby Doo phase :)

27 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 29, 2011 at 9:07 pm

My favorite way to exercise is doing intervals or dancing.
Some favorite book: The Manny (you should read it, it’s cute!), Nicholas Sparks books, Water for Elephants
Favorite Cartoon character- one of them is definitely Tigger..I always loved him!

28 Katherine June 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Favorite exercise: riding horses :D

29 Danica June 29, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Favorite MovieS (I can’t just choose one!): The Notebook, Forrest Gump, Pretty Woman, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and pretty much anything with Sandra Bullock

30 Samantha June 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Fave Cartoon Character – Road Runner, I love him!
Fave thing to photograph – nature
Fave thing to cook – any kind of pasta dish
Fave way to exercise – Running, but yoga comes at a very close second (butt kicking yoga, that is)
Fave movie – American Beauty
Fave article of clothing – tank tops – I own ridiculous amounts of tank tops!
Fave flower – Sunflower
Fave breakfast – Quaker oatmeal squares with blueberries, bananas, and skim milk
Fave book – Different Seasons by Stephen King – it’s the book that both the movies Stand by Me and Shawshank Redemption came from!

31 Marykate Sinnott June 29, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Favorite Cartoon: I love Rugrats too!
Favorite thing to photograph: my puppy
Favorite thing to cook: I’m more of a baker
Favorite way to exercise: Boxing
Favorite movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Favorite clothing article: my man-friend’s xxl sweater
Favorite Flower: orchids
Favorite breakfast: (healthy) overnight oats (not so healthy) chocolate chip pancakes!!!
Favorite Book: Right now I am reading The Sookie Stackhouse novels and I’m hooked! On book #3 of 7!

32 Amy@I Run For Food June 29, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Favorite Cartoon:
Favorite thing to photograph: My husband and dogs… of course! (oh, and the mountains… the light is always so different at different times of the day…)
Favorite thing to cook: Cornish hens and rice
Favorite way to exercise: Running
Favorite movie: BBC version of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Favorite clothing article: Bootcut jeans and sweater
Favorite Flower: Sweet Peas
Favorite breakfast: Pancakes! or… Waffles!….or French Toast!….or Hash Browns! or…..Poached Eggs on Muffin!….or Biscuits and Gravy!….or all of the above! :) Ha! only on a very special occasion!
Favorite Book: The Memory of Old Jack by Wendell Berry… so beautiful!

33 Amy@I Run For Food June 29, 2011 at 10:10 pm

oops… forgot this one:
Favorite Cartoon: Calvin and Hobbes in the paper and the Smurfs on TV!

34 Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots June 29, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Favorite article of clothing is definitely a sundress. One piece of clothing, and you are done!

35 Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 29, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I LOVE Emily Giffin!! Have you read “Love The One You’re With”?? It’s my favorite book by her. So good!!

36 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’m reading it right now, actually! :)

37 Mariana June 29, 2011 at 11:14 pm

1. Helga from Hey Arnold
2. Trees and flowers
3. Soup
4. Running
5. The Godfather
6. Dresses
7. Tulips and violets
8. Eggs, french toast, sweet crepes……
9. All of them are in spanish, because I’m Mexican : Pedro Páramo, Niebla and Diablo Guardian. I am not sure if they are trsanlated, but I don’t think so.

38 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:34 am

Ahhhhh, Hey Arnold! I remember that one…
“Hey! Football head!” ;)

39 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales June 29, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Are those the boquets from your wedding?! They are quite possibly the prettiest onese I have ever seen!! Loooove. :)

40 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales June 29, 2011 at 11:26 pm

*bouquets…

41 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:34 am

Yes, they are!

42 Khushboo June 29, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Haha I lovveeeed Rugrats although I gotta say, I was more of a Tommy Pickles fan! Favorite everyday breakfast is overnight oats but for an indulgence, waffles with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar!

43 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Oooo I looove Emily Giffin! And how much do I miss Rugrats?! Best cartoon EVA!

44 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" June 29, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Fave Cartoon Character:Judy Jetson (I know she was a total snob, but I just loved her futuristic fashionista outfits)
Fave Book: Jemima J and Oh The Places You’ll Go
Fave Movie: Devil Wears Prada
Fave Breakfast: If I could eat just 1 or even 2, it would be a bowl of cereal, particularly, Honey Nut Cherrios, Captain Crunch, Frosted Mini Wheats

45 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:33 am

Great movie choice! That’s definitely in my Top 5!

46 Meg June 29, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Favorite Cartoon Character: That’s a tough one! Probably Ariel… orrrr Eliza Thornberry!
Favorite Book: Harry Potter, or Shop a holic
Favorite Clothes: White Linen Pants and a nautical themed shirt
Favorite Flowers: Snap Dragons ( I love the name)
Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice
Favorite Food to Cook: hmmm probably grilled salmon and veggies!
Favorite Breakfast: Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Waffles and eggs
Favorite Workout: Yoga Sculpt and Spinning
Favorite Thing to Photograph: My friends when we are out… sooo many good/tragic photos

47 Aine @ Something to Chew Over June 30, 2011 at 5:01 am

Favourite breakfast has to be oats – obsessed with carrot cake porridge at the moment!

48 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 30, 2011 at 6:11 am

Yayy!! So glad you saw that I tagged you. Oh my gosh, Jodi Picoult (how do you even pronounce that) books are my favorite!! Have you read 19 Minutes or House Rule? OH! So good :)

49 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:31 am

No, I haven’t! I’ll have to check those out…but it’ll be a while, since I take FOREVER to finish a book!

50 Sarah June 30, 2011 at 9:16 am

I love these posts!!

Favorite Cartoon: Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh
Favorite thing to photograph: My friends and boyfriend
Favorite thing to cook: Pizza! … if that counts as cooking
Favorite way to exercise: Walking :)
Favorite movie: Bridget Jone’s Diary/ Love Actually
Favorite clothing article: Some comfy jeans and a nice top
Favorite Flower: gerber daisies
Favorite breakfast: (sweet) french toast (savory) quiche
Favorite Book: Catcher in the Rye and allll Harry Potter books

51 Karen June 30, 2011 at 11:07 am

I love, love this post!!

Favorite thing to photograph: family, friends, our kitties (Cohen & Summer) & my growing baby bump
Favorite thing to cook: Chicken Parm
Favorite way to exercise: with you, I love it all
Favorite movie: totally with you, I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall as well as I Love You, Man. Jason Siegal & Paul Rudd are AMAZING!
Favorite Flower: Calla Lillies are well…In my wedding too!
Favorite breakfast: Cereal Bowl or Oatmeal w/choc. protein powder

52 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 11:56 am

We are pretty similar, huh? ;)

53 Ruthie Hart June 30, 2011 at 11:47 am

I am a huge jodi picoult and emily giffin fan too! and I love Callas! I had a mixture in my wedding of roses, callas, gerber daisies, kind of like yours! I love the jewels!