Yo! Take a Break Girl

by Courtney on June 30, 2011

I’m going to be straight with you guys…

Today felt like one of the most boring days I’ve had in a long time.

I only had a few errands I needed to run, but I had absolutely 0% desire to do anything else…or any extra housework, for that matter.

It almost kind of reminded me of when I had one of those weird days back a while ago.

Hmmph.

At one point, I decided to sit down and really devote some time to reading my book…but within about 15 minutes, I could feel my eyes getting super droopy and before I knew it, I felt the overwhelming urge for a nap.

So that’s exactly what I did…for about 45 minutes. I know I’ve told you guys before that I’m really not much of a napper, so when it happens, I assume it’s just my body’s way of telling me, “Yo, take a break, girl.”

I woke up feeling much more refreshed but regretted not having gone outside to nap so I could have enjoyed some sunshine.

It’s a beautiful one out there today! And oh yeah, do you like our new screen door? Now Cody can finally sit and enjoy the breeze again, since we lost our old sliding door in the kitchen remodel.

What a life, I’ll tell ya.

*****

There’s another softball game tonight, so I prepped myself an early, but totally awesome dinner, thanks to Tuesday’s leftovers.

BBQ Pulled Chicken + a toasted Arnold Artisan Ovens Multi-Grain Flatbread for dipping

A corn, tomato, & basil salad made with one leftover ear of corn, a small tomato, 2 basil leaves, and a drizzle of Italian dressing. It was sooooooo good!

Definitely the best thing I ate all day. Smile

Now I’m off to the game!

I wonder if I can convince Jay to make a pit stop at my favorite local ice cream place on the way home. Hmmmmm…… Winking smile

*****

A couple reminders…

• It’s your last chance to get in on the Saratoga Peanut Butter Co. online coupon code! 5% off any order over $20.00, with the discount code “sweet“ entered at checkout!
  • Still in need of some 4th of July Recipe Ideas? Check out this post with great savory and sweet treats!

Question for the Evening:

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten today?

1 Erica June 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I made a smoothie today that was pretty darn tasty! Good luck at the softball game!

2 briana June 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I went to a mediteranian place called Garbanzos, its kinda of like Chipotle and had the best salad with tabole and tahini and veggie salad and a wheat pita….so good!

3 suki June 30, 2011 at 7:48 pm

haha, who took a picture of you all passed out? :P

4 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Hahaha, Jay did…it’s actually an old photo that I recycled today :)

5 Cait @ Urban Fencepost June 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm

The best thing I ate today was some cherry vanilla granola I picked up from the farmer’s market at lunch

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 30, 2011 at 8:08 pm

One ball of my chocolatecoconutjoy! YUM!
I’m not all that much of a napper either, I can’t turn my mind off. So, when it does happen; I ugly sleep. The kind where you wake up and your face hurts because all your muscles in your face took a nap too. Ugly sleep….

7 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:20 pm

LOL “I ugly sleep” – that is hilarious!! (and so true for me too!)

8 Mandee June 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Super ripe huge perfect strawberries from wegmans!

9 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair June 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I just made chocolate covered strawberries for the weekend and I somehow managed to only eat ONE!

I did, of course, select the largest of the entire tray. ;)

10 Shayla @ The Good Life June 30, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I know the feeling…sometimes it feels good to take a break and listen to your body :)

The best thing I ate so far today was my greek yogurt and salad for lunch…hopefully tonight I’ll change that with a sweet treat! ;)

11 colleen @ thegiftofmondays June 30, 2011 at 8:36 pm

sometimes we all need a lazy day AND an ice cream to top it off!!!

12 Kristen June 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I’m not a napper either, but every now and then it seems like my body insists, even if I don’t agree! I usually feel more groggy and out of it when I wake up, which is why I usually don’t like doing it.

The best thing I ate today was my spicy sweet potato fries that I had with my turkey burger tonight. But I could really go for an ice cream sundae… maybe a brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream, caramel, marshmellow cream, and whipped cream?! Wow… I think I need to control myself right now! :P

13 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Sometimes naps are the best thing ever! I’ve had “on the road” food all day- nothing special :(. Oh well, now that I’m home I will be getting some serious good eats, and I plan on working on my skills (of lack thereof) in the kitchen! Yay.

14 Molly Carter June 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

That corn salad looks divine! The best thing I ate today was a banana with peanut butter…is that sad?

15 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm

No way! :)

16 erica June 30, 2011 at 9:10 pm

a jamba juice “refresher” drink, purely pineapple, made with coconut water. it was yummy!!!

17 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds June 30, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with lazy days. Sometimes all you need is a power nap and sunshine! The best thing I ate all day- CANTALOUPE! I can’t get enough of melon lately. So refreshing.

18 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers June 30, 2011 at 9:25 pm

We just made reese’s cup pancakes.

Least healthy? Yup.

Most delicious? YUP!

19 Khushboo June 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Unplanned naps are the best! The best thing I ate yesterday was a tofu and peanut butter sandwich on fruit and nut bread…it sounds odd but the combo worked so well!

20 Sarah June 30, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Beset thing I ate today was my almond butter sandwich with banana. I toasted it up and it was so gooey and warm!

21 Olivia Ehmann June 30, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I just read that book! So good. I have trouble napping too, wish I could change that though. I just took a Body Pump class also and wrote a review on my blog- I’m a convert!

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I have days like that too – sometimes I just don’t feel like doing anything but laying on the couch!

23 Kelley June 30, 2011 at 10:49 pm

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten today?

-California Maki Sushi Roll. I also discovered Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. I must have been living under a rock. They are divine!

24 Courtney June 30, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Yes, they are!!

25 Chelsey Kight (@ckighttt) June 30, 2011 at 11:20 pm

two HUGE spoonfuls of Better’n Peanut Butter :)))))

26 Jessica @ Bright-Eyes & Bushy-Tales June 30, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Cornbread muffin!!! Inspired by your posts yesterday! :)

27 Mac July 1, 2011 at 12:43 am

I’m the same way, if my eyes can’t stay open, my body is trying to tell me something, because I don’t nap a whole lot either

28 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 1, 2011 at 4:58 am

I LOVE to nap! One my favourite ways to spend Saturday is to do a really sweaty workout, have lunch, then snooze :)

Best thing I’ve had so far is toasted wholegrain brand with almond butter. Yum!

29 Brittfit July 1, 2011 at 8:05 am

wow that salad looks so colorful and fresh! I’ve gotta try that combo ;)

30 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl July 1, 2011 at 8:50 am

Everyone needs a nap now and then! Glad you got some rest :-)

The best thing I ate yesterday was the chicken that I made…it wasn’t the best chicken ever but it tasted good because I made it! haha