Yo! Take a Break Girl

I’m going to be straight with you guys…

Today felt like one of the most boring days I’ve had in a long time.

I only had a few errands I needed to run, but I had absolutely 0% desire to do anything else…or any extra housework, for that matter.

It almost kind of reminded me of when I had one of those weird days back a while ago.

Hmmph.

At one point, I decided to sit down and really devote some time to reading my book…but within about 15 minutes, I could feel my eyes getting super droopy and before I knew it, I felt the overwhelming urge for a nap.

So that’s exactly what I did…for about 45 minutes. I know I’ve told you guys before that I’m really not much of a napper, so when it happens, I assume it’s just my body’s way of telling me, “Yo, take a break, girl.”

I woke up feeling much more refreshed but regretted not having gone outside to nap so I could have enjoyed some sunshine.

It’s a beautiful one out there today! And oh yeah, do you like our new screen door? Now Cody can finally sit and enjoy the breeze again, since we lost our old sliding door in the kitchen remodel.

What a life, I’ll tell ya.

*****

There’s another softball game tonight, so I prepped myself an early, but totally awesome dinner, thanks to Tuesday’s leftovers.

BBQ Pulled Chicken + a toasted Arnold Artisan Ovens Multi-Grain Flatbread for dipping

A corn, tomato, & basil salad made with one leftover ear of corn, a small tomato, 2 basil leaves, and a drizzle of Italian dressing. It was sooooooo good!

Definitely the best thing I ate all day. Smile

Now I’m off to the game!

I wonder if I can convince Jay to make a pit stop at my favorite local ice cream place on the way home. Hmmmmm…… Winking smile

*****

A couple reminders…

• It’s your last chance to get in on the Saratoga Peanut Butter Co. online coupon code! 5% off any order over $20.00, with the discount code “sweet“ entered at checkout!
  • Still in need of some 4th of July Recipe Ideas? Check out this post with great savory and sweet treats!

Question for the Evening:

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten today?

Comments

1. briana says

I went to a mediteranian place called Garbanzos, its kinda of like Chipotle and had the best salad with tabole and tahini and veggie salad and a wheat pita….so good!

One ball of my chocolatecoconutjoy! YUM!
    I’m not all that much of a napper either, I can’t turn my mind off. So, when it does happen; I ugly sleep. The kind where you wake up and your face hurts because all your muscles in your face took a nap too. Ugly sleep….

I know the feeling…sometimes it feels good to take a break and listen to your body :)

The best thing I ate so far today was my greek yogurt and salad for lunch…hopefully tonight I’ll change that with a sweet treat! 😉

I’m not a napper either, but every now and then it seems like my body insists, even if I don’t agree! I usually feel more groggy and out of it when I wake up, which is why I usually don’t like doing it.

The best thing I ate today was my spicy sweet potato fries that I had with my turkey burger tonight. But I could really go for an ice cream sundae… maybe a brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream, caramel, marshmellow cream, and whipped cream?! Wow… I think I need to control myself right now! 😛

Sometimes naps are the best thing ever! I’ve had “on the road” food all day- nothing special :(. Oh well, now that I’m home I will be getting some serious good eats, and I plan on working on my skills (of lack thereof) in the kitchen! Yay.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with lazy days. Sometimes all you need is a power nap and sunshine! The best thing I ate all day- CANTALOUPE! I can’t get enough of melon lately. So refreshing.

Unplanned naps are the best! The best thing I ate yesterday was a tofu and peanut butter sandwich on fruit and nut bread…it sounds odd but the combo worked so well!

I just read that book! So good. I have trouble napping too, wish I could change that though. I just took a Body Pump class also and wrote a review on my blog- I’m a convert!

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten today?

-California Maki Sushi Roll. I also discovered Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. I must have been living under a rock. They are divine!

I’m the same way, if my eyes can’t stay open, my body is trying to tell me something, because I don’t nap a whole lot either