Fashion Friday Archives

by Courtney on July 1, 2011

Happy (Fashion) Friday!! Is it seriously July 1st? Really? We’re halfway through 2011?

Wow…

Well I had to start my second half of 2011 with a quick errand, so afterwards, I made sure to celebrate Coffee Friday the best way I know how…with a trip to my favorite shop for an iced coffee combo. Delicious, as always.

Cody says, “Good morning to all of mom’s awesome readers!” Winking smile

Breakfast this morning was another no-fuss cereal combo, which turned out to be exactly the same as this bowl, so I just recycled the photo. Easy peasy.

*****

Fashion Friday Updates

So I’ve kinda been lacking on the Fashion Friday posts lately…have you noticed? (I’ve only done two in the past two months!) Honestly, I haven’t felt overly inspired or seen anything super exciting lately; I guess I’m in a Fashion Friday funk? Winking smile

That being said…if anyone has an idea for a Fashion Friday post or you’re interested in doing a Fashion Friday guest post, email me! (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com)

So for today, I decided to take a trip back into the Fashion Friday archives and pulled out an old favorite. Some of you may remember, but for many of you, it will probably be new, so enjoy!

*****

Fashion Friday: Favorite Online Shopping Sites

1. Shop It To Me

shopittome

A completely free site which works almost like a personal shopper. You choose the designers you like, then they alert you when those designers are on sale anywhere on the internet. They even have a running gear section!

It takes less than 2 minutes to sign up, and they also have a great incentive referral program, too! If you want to check it out and sign up, click here.

2. Bluefly

Bluefly has some great deals and an awesome selection of shoes, clothing and accessories.

3. MyShape

MyShape has a pretty cool feature called “My Personal Shopwhere you enter your measurements and tell your style preferences. Based on your info, the website will pull up different clothing styles that suit your body!

4. Gianna’s Closet Boutique

I’d never heard of this site before, but I definitely found some cute items at cheap prices! Since I’ve never heard of it before though, I’m not sure how they are with shipping/returns/etc.?

5. MetroStyle

I’d never heard of this one either, but I definitely found some great work clothes on here, including dresses.

6. Windsor

This is one of the sites that I previously featured, and I know many of you were lovin’ that gladiator dress that I posted.

7. Indie Designer labels

I haven’t had a chance to really get a good look at this site, but it definitely seems awesome. It features a bunch of independent designers in categories from women’s clothes, to bags, to eco friendly items. It definitely seems worth a peek when I have a few extra minutes.

8. VintageTrends.com

If you’re into vintage clothing and trends, this is DEFINITELY a site for you to check out. Some of the items are so neat!

So hopefully by now you’ve found a site worth checking out!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have a favorite online shopping site to share? Clothing, accessories, home goods, anything!

1 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 1, 2011 at 8:52 am

Oooo thanks for these! I’ll have to check them out- even though I shouldn’t spend money on clothes right now haha

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) July 1, 2011 at 8:53 am

i NEVER shop for clothes online!! thats gotta change soon! i guess i jut worry things wont fit properly or look good on once i get them :O

3 Sarah July 1, 2011 at 8:56 am

gojane.com has some incredibly cheap designer knock off stuff. NONE of it is really all that well made, but if you need something for a party it’s perfect!

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 1, 2011 at 9:01 am

I’m a sucker for RueLaLa and Gilt… Beyond The Rack has good prices but I’ve had some trouble with shipping and them cancelling orders. I also love to check RetailMeNot.com to get coupon codes!

5 Cait @ Urban Fencepost July 1, 2011 at 9:12 am

I shop at RueLaLa and Hautelook. Also Swirl by DailyCandy.

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 1, 2011 at 9:39 am

I’m a ‘The Limited’ fan to the core! Over 3/4 of my work clothes are theirs! Mainly because they have pants in ‘long’…. I don’t think I’m that tall but it looks goofy when all other ‘regular’ pants don’t fit. Even the 9 year old boys I teach notice when my pants aren’t quite long enough. “Mrs. H are those your pants? Or did you borrow them? They don’t look like they are yours?”

7 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

I’m a tall pants gal too! The Limited has some great ones…I love the Drew fit! :)

8 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love ShopItToMe! Also ideeli–they have some great deals.

9 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews July 1, 2011 at 9:46 am

Looks like some great sites! Thanks.

10 stacey July 1, 2011 at 9:48 am

Hey there! I really enjoy your blog along w/ Julie over @ PBFingers! I also love the site shoedazzle.com, check it out!

11 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 10:13 am

Thanks, Stacey! I’ll definitely check that out…I love shoes! :)

12 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

Some of these sites look great! I’m a horrible shopper. I go months without anything and then feel like I have “nothing to wear” and go on a shopping spree, spending hundreds and buying things when they’re not on sale.Remember your unlimited $ post about what we would do if we had it? After a cleaning service, I would totally get a personal shopper!

13 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 10:15 am

Good call! ;)

14 Ilene July 1, 2011 at 10:25 am

Hi Courtney! I was wondering which health magazines you would recommend for a soon-to-be college student looking for inspiration for healthy living. I am very passionate about eating well and exercise and would love a magazine that offers insightful content as well as interesting layouts each month. Thank you!

15 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 11:53 am

Hi Ilene! Some of my favorite health magazines would have to be…
-Fitness Magazine
-Shape
-SELF
-Women’s Health

Hope that helps! :)

16 Ilene July 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

It does! Thanks so much :)

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 1, 2011 at 11:05 am

I don’t usually shop online… I’m always afraid that I won’t like what I purchased once it gets to my house. The only thing I usually buy online is books through amazon.com… you can get some amazing deals on used books that are still in awesome condition! I’m currently reading Jeff Galloway’s book on running and I got it for $4… and that included shipping! :)

18 Keely (Sky Blue) July 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Oooh, thanks for these!!!! I’ll have to show my sis, she loves new shopping sites:)

19 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Oh my God – when you said “start the second half of 2011″ my gasped! Obviously I know what month it is :) I just hadn’t thought about it in the terms of 2011 being half way over! Where the hell is time going?!

20 Helen July 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Courtney, I absolutely love your blog! I read a ton of blogs daily and yours by far is my favorite!!!! I always look forward to seeing what you have to say next :)

21 Courtney July 1, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Wow, thank you SO MUCH, Helen! That is so nice to hear :-D
Have a great weekend!

22 Amy July 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I’m a sucker for the limited and express, especially with all the coupons they send out! Victoria’s Secret also gets me! I’m also a huge nordstrom girl. I love their return policy! I have the habit of buying stuff and never wearing it, so if it’s from nordstrom and I’ve had it over 6 months without wearing it I return it.

Gilt group and beyond the rack have recently been on my hit list, I’ve bought two bags from them! And since I’m in Vegas I love h&m and forever 21 for inexpensive club wear!

I may be interested in doing a guest post on fashion for you!