Four And A Half Hours Later

by Courtney on July 3, 2011

At 8:00 this morning, the alarm went blaring off in my ear, which meant that it was time to get movin’. I had lots to get done!

But four and a half hours later…

Two batches of Orange Cream Soda Pop Cupcakes were done…

(with one batch showing its festive side)

One batch of Cookie Dough Cupcakes were done…

One batch of Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla & Raspberry Almond Buttercream were done…

Breakfast was eaten in between…

And I will tell you once more that fresh Farmers Market bread + Blizzard Butter will never get old…

Ever.

One Stars & Stripes Cooke Cake was finished…

Copious amounts of frosting were eaten…

These decadent desserts were cut…

And I will forewarn you right now…when the recipe comes your way, just know…

They are not healthified in the slightest.

Which, in turn, meant that one 5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill Routine was accomplished…

And now I’m ready to par-tayy!

Questions for the Day:

Are you more productive in the mornings or afternoons?

What is your favorite treat to bake?

1 kate July 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm

those cupcakes are absolutely precious I love the little straws!!

2 Charlie July 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I love baking granola because it is so quick and easy, & when I have lots of time, I love making something that requires kneading dough :). As for cupcakes, I love frosting them :).

3 Sarah July 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I’m most productive in the morning… after around 2pm, I’m uselesssss.

4 Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission July 3, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I’m extremely productive in the morning and then I hit my wall around 1 pm. By 6 pm, I get a second wave of productive energy.
My favourite thing to bake is definitely cupcakes. But these totally blow mine out of the water! Those cookie dough cupcakes are to drool for.

5 Megan @ Sweet B's Homemade July 3, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Beautiful cupcakes!
I can often be productive in the morning, but since I am not a morning person, it rarely happens. I usually get the productive bug later at night, which I usually take advantage of.
I love to bake anything that is sweet!

6 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm

AHHH I KNEW IT!! Orange cream sodaaaa :) You are talented seriously, those look gowaaaageous

7 Allyssa July 3, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious! Especially the cookie dough ones!

I’m most productive in the morning. Once lunchtime rolls around I lose all productivity, which is quite unfortunate.

8 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" July 3, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Your cupcakes look perfect every time! When are you opening that bake shop????

Usually more productive in the mornings. Unless I’m lazy and sleep in until 2 like today oooops..

I like to make brownies and healthified fudge. Really just so I can lick the bowl…

9 Jillian July 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Amazing! All of your amazing cupcakes together… if I was at that cookout I would need to be carried out because I would have to eat one of each! Lol…

I am most productive in the morning, I become sluggish anytime after 2 PM

My favorite thing to bake are cupcakes just because they’re so cute and fun to decorate!

10 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 3, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Wow, they are the cutest cupcakes! I could eat frosting like that all day!

I’m usually most productive in the morning but that begins to taper off before lunch :)

I love to bake anything really, but lemon cupcakes are probably my favourite as I can have them in the oven in less than 10 minutes!

11 Gabriella @ Loosedirections July 3, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I’ve been having fun baking more cupcakes lately
but yours are amazingly perfect
they’re what I aspire to have mine look like one day :)

12 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 3, 2011 at 2:39 pm

OMG, I just licked my monitor.

13 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Wow, they’re gorgeous!! I’d love to be able to decorate cupcakes so perfectly like that!

14 Jen M. July 3, 2011 at 2:58 pm

That ALL looks SOOOOOOOO yummy!

15 Rick July 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Courtney -

Seriously the Orange Cream Soda Pop Cupcakes are the best ever. I got them home and couldnt wait until tomorrow. So FAR I still have 11 in the box. :-)

Thanks again for making all the goodies for me. You are the best !!!!!!!!!

16 Amanda July 3, 2011 at 4:07 pm

just made your stars and stripes cookie to take to a BBQ tomorrow – thanks for the inspiration! i hope the finished product tastes as good as the batter…

17 Janae Jacobs July 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

AHHH THOSE CUPCAKES LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Great job on your workout!! I want to come use your pool and eat your cupcakes;) I LOVE baking anything with large amounts of sugar and butter!

18 Khushboo July 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I am defo more productive in the morning! I was up at 6.30 this morning and felt like I’d had a full day by 11am! I love it as it means afternoon naps are guilt free!

19 Ms. Dinner-Dates July 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Wow! You were a busy-bee. I think you could go into business making cupcakes that FAB!

I love being productive in the morning!

My fourth has been much more relaxing… Check it out:

20 Samantha July 3, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Damn girl! Impressive!

I am definitely more productive in the afternoon – I am NOT a morning person by ANY MEANS.

21 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Didn’t you just whip today’s bumm! Way to go girl! :) Baking like that is a workout in itself! Way to go!!!!

22 Steph @ StephSnacks July 3, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am definitely better at being productive in the morning. Your cupcakes look so adorable!

23 Char July 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I have more energy at night, but I feel like if I get my run in, in the morning then I can be more productive (cause sometimes I lose motivation throughout the day, but once energy is gained at night – if I can wait that long – then I can get some moves in then!).

My fave, fave, fave dessert would be vanilla cake or cupcakes. I think ever since I got married and missed having a slice of wedding cake (other than the tiny sliver my husband fed me), I’ve loved cake. It’s like my one thing I would love to have (as long as it’s really good cake) if I had to choose a treat!

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Whoa… hello Martha Stewart!!! Very impressive work!

To answer your question, I’m always more productive in the morning. I can get up early, get a ton of stuff done, and then crash in the afternoon just in time to watch reruns of “Say Yes to the Dress.” ;) Priorities, right?!

25 Julia July 3, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I want all of them. Wow, they look amazing. I wish everything I made turned out that adorable.

26 bakerbynature July 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Nothing like an early morning filled with cupcake making; now go get your party on!

27 Keely (Sky Blue) July 3, 2011 at 8:13 pm

These are so beautiful. You’re really talented.

28 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 3, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Wow, seriously how do you do all of that? Props to you! Can’t wait for some of those recipes :). I plan on making headway in the kitchen this summer! I am definitely more productive in the morning.

29 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 4, 2011 at 12:02 am

Holy moly! You were one busy lady this morning! Whatever that non-healthified thing is it looks delish! :) I am definitely more productive in the mornings!

30 sara @ the foodie diaries July 4, 2011 at 8:56 am

Oh my gosh, those are adorable!! They’re going to be the hit of the 4th of July party :)

31 Pure2raw twins July 4, 2011 at 10:50 am

love the cupcakes – just perfect ;)

32 Tara Burner July 4, 2011 at 11:21 am

those cupcakes have me drooling
I wanna make cupcakes….hmmmmmmmmmm
maybe since we’re not doing anything here today I’ll whip up a batch of something!?

as far as productive…pretty much all the time…I wake up by 5, go to bed around midnight or 1 so my days/nights all run together! LOL

33 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Definitely more productive in the morning. Although you look SUPER productive!

The cupcakes (and other treats) look amazing. Wish I was going to some of your parties!

34 Brenda @ Year 25 July 4, 2011 at 10:17 pm

The cupcakes all look delicious! Btw, I saw a cupcake stand at the farmer’s market this weekend and thought of you. People would totally line up to buy your creations! Have you ever thought of selling at a market?

35 Helen July 5, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Even though I am not a morning person, I tend to be more productive during the early hours of the day. Where do you come up with these recipes for your cupcakes? They all look so yummy! I actually made your chocolate pb cupcakes for my co-workers. They were an instant hit and one co-worker even asked me to make more!

36 Courtney July 5, 2011 at 5:16 pm

YAY!! My ideas come from all over…existing recipes, favorite combos of mine, accidents! lol :)