Festive 4th of July

by Courtney on July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July! Hope everyone is starting off with a great Independence day…and if today is just a regular Monday for you, then I hope your day is starting out just as great!

So despite having a day full of two parties yesterday, I was in total bad blogger mode and barely captured any of our day. I did, however, manage to take a few pics of the food (of course) and some friends.

Food

Dessert (+ an unphotographed cupcake)

Sangria…I luuuuurve me some sangria. Winking smile

Friends

This is Jay with our friend, Scott. Scott said he wanted a shout out on the blog. “Hi Scott!”

And that about sums up yesterdays photos! We still had a lot of fun.

*****

This morning, Jay and I spent some time lounging around in bed before finally getting up to eat some breakfast.

We had no iced coffee prepared, so I ended up prepping a batch of some last minute iced coffees. Just as delicious!

For breakfast, I’m sort of a nerd and felt compelled to eat something festive.

A vanilla Chobani with strawberries, blueberries, and a couple tablespoons of Love Grown Foods granola.

A deeeelicious breakfast…with a side of creeper. Winking smile

Today, Jay and I have another party to go to and may end up making a trip to the movies…if I can get my butt in gear and ready on time.

Gotta get movin’!

Question for the Day:

Are you celebrating the 4th of July where you are?

How are you spending your day?

1 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

I’m hearing “oh no… Is this going on the blog?” How on earth do you get them to say “I want a shout out!”?!?!?!
That leg picture of Cody is great! :) I am traveling to a doctors appointment, not much fun to be had here….

2 Tara Burner July 4, 2011 at 11:20 am

no to celebrating :(
just another day here…daughter & I are going to just chill and do who knows what

3 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 4, 2011 at 11:21 am

Yum! Looks like a fun day yesterday! We are celebrating the 4th of July by going to the lake today and watching fireworks tonight! :)

4 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 4, 2011 at 11:39 am

Haha love the “side of creeper” :). Sangria is amazing! At dinner the other night I ordered a drink that was a mix of sangria, vodka, and lemonade…holy yum! Hope you have an awesome holiday! I’ll be going to a movie, cookout, and fireworks :)

5 Amy @ My Life as a Lazy Girl July 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Yum Sangria! I made a white sangria for a party yesterday! I’m slacking today and not bringing anything to a party I’m going to today

6 Becca July 4, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Mmmm sangria!!!

I’m canadian so I celebrated Friday. :) SO sadly I am spending the 4th at my desk! BOO!

7 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Living Girl" July 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Love the festive breakfast! I had a festive breakfast with a sprinkles Captain America Dunkin Donut and of course an iced coffee. I am 12 ;-).

Spending the day, laying out, relaxing and enjoying some sunshinnne.

HAPPY 4th!

8 Katherine July 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I am just watching fireworks later, but dang that food looks tasty. Esp that breakfast!

9 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) July 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Everything look delicious. I have no clue what I’m doing tonight but I need to make that iced coffee! Yumm

10 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I had a big ol’ bbq with the fam and tonight I’m playing tennis with my dad, sis, and her fiance. A great day :) Happy 4th!

11 Khushboo July 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Glad I’m not the only nerd around! I had a festive fro yo that was red, White and blue thanks to bloobs and Strawbs!

12 erica July 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm

not celebrating here :( my other half is working. boo.

13 Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice July 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Looks like you are having a great long weekend!! Happy 4th from Canada!!

ps: love the creeper cat :)

14 Amanda July 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I want to know what those small wraps that have spinach (or something?) in them!!! Looks soooooooo good while I’m here at work and not being able to celebrate! :(

15 Courtney July 4, 2011 at 9:11 pm

They were awesome!! It was almost like a spinach-artichoke dip, minus all the mayo base, inside wonton wrappers. Amazing!

16 Amanda July 4, 2011 at 9:46 pm

yummmm! sounds amazing!

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I love that I can see half of your cat in that last picture… too funny! ;)

I spent half the day exploring Chicago, eating Sprinkles cupcakes, and drooling over things I can’t afford on the Magnificant Mile. :P The other half of the day was spent driving back to Ohio… boo!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

18 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 4, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Truly a perfect 4th for you! It all looks like so much fun :)

19 Lee @ in the pink of condition July 4, 2011 at 8:46 pm

LOVE the creeper comment and pic. Your cat seriously photobombs all your pictures. You crack me up!

20 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Omg. So good. I’m glad you had a good time girl!!!!!

21 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 5, 2011 at 5:43 am

Looks like you had a great day! :)

No 4th celebrations here in Ireland – just a regular Monday!

22 Meredith July 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I made your Stars and Stripes cake for my party on Sunday. My friends LOVED it and already want to know when I’ll make it again! Thanks for the recipe…sooooo gooooood!!!

23 Courtney July 5, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Oh GOOD!! I’m so glad it went over well :)