Succumbed To The Craving

by Courtney on July 6, 2011

I think my savory breakfasts finally caught up with me. Two days in a row is a big deal.

So tonight, while I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner, all I could think about was my typical breakfast food. Specifically, peanut butter and banana.

And since I learned a long time ago that it’s not worth ignoring a true craving, I rolled succumbed to it.

I toasted up a Thomas’ Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin and topped it with some peanut butter, banana slices, raisins, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey.

Lucky for me, it was everything I had hoped it would be.

And since I really can’t get enough of the combo, I added the rest of my ‘naner and filled it with a little more PB.

On the side, I also snacked on a Black Cherry Chobani which was delicious, as always.

Since dinner was a little lighter than normal, I’m pretty sure another snack will be in order later this evening. I really wish I had some of these leftover…

although it’s probably a good thing that I don’t. They are dangerous.

But if you think you’re prepared to enter the “danger zone,” you’re in luck; I’ll be sharing the recipe with you all tomorrow. Winking smile

For now, I’ve got guests…Joe & Kate are stopping by. Wooooo!

Question for the Evening:

What was the last food craving you had and totally gave in to?

1 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl July 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm

mmmm girl, I could write a book about cravings! And you are so right that it is smarter to give into them…unless, it’s a box of cereal – that craving is a dead-end for me, as I’ll undoubtedly consume the whole box.

The last craving I had was for Reddi Whip…I know I know -this is sad. But you see, I had attempted to cut it out, since I realized I could not justify it as a food group. I finally succumbed and bought a can yesterday. It is, of course, now empty ;-)

2 Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm

French Onion Soup! I can’t get enough of it (I know it is summer and all) but it’s just SO good.

3 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 6, 2011 at 7:42 pm

My latest craving was for a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of pickles. I gave in when I got home from work today. Delish :)

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 6, 2011 at 7:42 pm

The last craving I had was for a hot dog when I was in Chicago this weekend. And I ended up getting a Chicago-style dog after the Cubs game at Wrigley field…. it was awesomely-weird!! :)

5 Carey @ Positively Blonde July 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I use to crave a graham cracker with pb and raisins! I haven’t had one of those in a long time, but seeing your post reminded me of my once favorite snack! I think it may make a return :) haha

6 Erica July 6, 2011 at 8:12 pm

i really wanted to eat a hot dog on the 4th of july…but i didn’t go to any BBQs, so i gave in to eating a chili frank plate, but it didn’t really work cause what i really wanted was a hot dog/bun/ketchup & mustard. :(

7 Amber Starr @ Love, Laugh, Live Well July 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Mmm, now that’s my kind of breakfast! I was craving a turkey dog with turkey chili like crazy so I finally caved. It was well worth it! Yummmmmmm!

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 6, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I enjoyed a donut for breakfast on Monday morning & it was wonderful!!!

9 Katie @ running4cupcakes.com July 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm

yummmm looking forward to the recipe tomorrow! My last craving was an iced latte = love summer and iced drinks!

10 Lee @ in the pink of condition July 6, 2011 at 8:32 pm

My last food craving was eating 3 of those wrapped up American cheese singles without anything else. I know it’s gross, but I needed my cheese fix :-)

11 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 6, 2011 at 11:18 pm

That’s weird! One of my last ones was American cheese singles wrapped around a banana. Good to know I’m not the only weird one. :)

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 6, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Margaritas ……oh heavens the margaritas……. :) They speak to me from a distance and when I hear them calling, it WILL BE less than 3 days before they are MINE!

13 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Peanut butter and banana is the most amazing combo! :) I love it. The last craving I gave into was all of the tasty desserts at our 4th of July party. Wayyy too many desserts!

14 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 6, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Oddly enough, mine was onion rings. I don’t normally like them all that much but I WANTED them the other night… so I had a few :) !

And you CAN’T go wrong with breakfast for supper, or for lunch, or a snack. In short, breakfast food rocks my socks!

15 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Tonight I was craving ice cream… I was totally still full from my pizza dinner, but ohhh well. My brain had other things in store.

16 Bella July 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I actually did the same thing on the fourth. Instead of a veggie burger with everyone else I made oatmeal with peanut butter, stevia, and crushed graham cracker. I was more conent with that then I was with even the thought of a veggie burger. Cravings are cravings. Better to sucumb then to ignore haha!

17 Cait @ Urban Fencepost July 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I had a banana with peanut butter for breakfast today too. Tonight, I was craving bacon (veggie bacon, ha), so I made BLTs. Sooo good!!

18 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 6, 2011 at 9:43 pm

For some reason I thought that you wrote “Jon & Kate” like from Jon & Kate Plus Eight….

…Orrrrr maybe I’m just a little crazy

19 Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun July 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm

That looks soooo good! I often crave nut butter. Sometimes during the day, I’ll open the fridge and stick my finger in the PB jar or cashew butter jar and have a luck! Yum.

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 6, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I always give into food cravings! I don’t really know the last one I gave into because I usually just eat what I want when I want it. :)

21 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm

My cravings have been running the gambit lately with lots of variety but, honestly, the last one that I felt that simply HAD to be dealt with was for a gooey crunchy delicious grilled cheese with cheddar, american, AND provolone. Full fat.

As someone who “gets by” with reduced fat/fat free cheese most of the time, that grilled cheese hit the spot more than ice cold lemonade on a hot day.

22 Lindsey July 6, 2011 at 10:42 pm

For a Pina Colada! I semi made one, mixing pineapple juice, Sprite, Malibu, a Pina Colada smoothie drink.
I love breakfast for supper :)

23 Charlie July 6, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Breakfast for dinner is awesome.
The best nights are when I eat french toast :P.

24 Shayla July 6, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Ooo love dinners like that! Last food craving I gave into was smores over the 4th of July weekend…and they were consumed multiple nights ;)

25 Lauren July 6, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Hi Courtney!

I was just curious; when you eat something like this for dinner, what does your husband eat? I live with my boyfriend and we normally eat the same dinner every night (although he complains that I’m trying to make everything “too healthy” haha.

26 Courtney July 7, 2011 at 5:25 am

Last night, I ended up making Jay a tuna fish sandwich and a side salad and he was happy with that. :)
We’re also sort of in “clean out what we have” mode since we’ll be leaving for vacay tomorrow!

27 Katherine July 6, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Kettle corn!

28 Khushboo July 7, 2011 at 12:53 am

I always crave dark chocolate after a meal so I give in with a couple of squares.

29 Lora @ BootyGotBling July 7, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Girl– ur killin me here by withholding that recipe…. those. look. like. HEAVEN!!!!!

30 Courtney July 7, 2011 at 1:13 pm