Succumbed To The Craving

I think my savory breakfasts finally caught up with me. Two days in a row is a big deal.

So tonight, while I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner, all I could think about was my typical breakfast food. Specifically, peanut butter and banana.

And since I learned a long time ago that it’s not worth ignoring a true craving, I rolled succumbed to it.

I toasted up a Thomas’ Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin and topped it with some peanut butter, banana slices, raisins, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey.

Lucky for me, it was everything I had hoped it would be.

And since I really can’t get enough of the combo, I added the rest of my ‘naner and filled it with a little more PB.

On the side, I also snacked on a Black Cherry Chobani which was delicious, as always.

Since dinner was a little lighter than normal, I’m pretty sure another snack will be in order later this evening. I really wish I had some of these leftover…

although it’s probably a good thing that I don’t. They are dangerous.

But if you think you’re prepared to enter the “danger zone,” you’re in luck; I’ll be sharing the recipe with you all tomorrow. Winking smile

For now, I’ve got guests…Joe & Kate are stopping by. Wooooo!

Question for the Evening:

What was the last food craving you had and totally gave in to?

Comments

mmmm girl, I could write a book about cravings! And you are so right that it is smarter to give into them…unless, it’s a box of cereal – that craving is a dead-end for me, as I’ll undoubtedly consume the whole box.

The last craving I had was for Reddi Whip…I know I know -this is sad. But you see, I had attempted to cut it out, since I realized I could not justify it as a food group. I finally succumbed and bought a can yesterday. It is, of course, now empty 😉

i really wanted to eat a hot dog on the 4th of july…but i didn’t go to any BBQs, so i gave in to eating a chili frank plate, but it didn’t really work cause what i really wanted was a hot dog/bun/ketchup & mustard. :(

Oddly enough, mine was onion rings. I don’t normally like them all that much but I WANTED them the other night… so I had a few :) !

And you CAN’T go wrong with breakfast for supper, or for lunch, or a snack. In short, breakfast food rocks my socks!

I actually did the same thing on the fourth. Instead of a veggie burger with everyone else I made oatmeal with peanut butter, stevia, and crushed graham cracker. I was more conent with that then I was with even the thought of a veggie burger. Cravings are cravings. Better to sucumb then to ignore haha!

My cravings have been running the gambit lately with lots of variety but, honestly, the last one that I felt that simply HAD to be dealt with was for a gooey crunchy delicious grilled cheese with cheddar, american, AND provolone. Full fat.

As someone who “gets by” with reduced fat/fat free cheese most of the time, that grilled cheese hit the spot more than ice cold lemonade on a hot day.

Ooo love dinners like that! Last food craving I gave into was smores over the 4th of July weekend…and they were consumed multiple nights 😉

7. Lauren says

Hi Courtney!

I was just curious; when you eat something like this for dinner, what does your husband eat? I live with my boyfriend and we normally eat the same dinner every night (although he complains that I’m trying to make everything “too healthy” haha.

• Courtney says

Last night, I ended up making Jay a tuna fish sandwich and a side salad and he was happy with that. :)
      We’re also sort of in “clean out what we have” mode since we’ll be leaving for vacay tomorrow!

Trackbacks