Burger & Beer

by Courtney on July 9, 2011

After a long, sun-filled afternoon spent on the beach, we all decided there was only one way to come back and recuperate…

With some frozen drinks, of course! My parents may have forgotten the cups, but the hotel had us covered. And they also made sure not to forget the fancy umbrellas!

Now I know I’m on vacation. Winking smile

After enjoying our frozen beverages and showering up, we all decided to head out for dinner at the 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grille.

One of the main things that caught my attention for this place, after perusing through the Visitors Guide and getting a few recommendations from Twitter, was the extensive draft beer menu.

While Jay decided on a big ‘ol Blue moon, I opted for a pint of their seasonal special draft beer, Nude Beach.

I must say, this beer was great. It was light, with a slight hint of citrus and wheat and, well, I obviously loved it.

I was also loving the sweet patio spot we scored…talk about a great view on a beautiful night.

Oh, woops. Sorry, I meant this view. Winking smile

Oh alright, that was mean. I’m just kidding. Smile

Besides…I am, in fact, spending the week with my two favorite guys ever (which was also brought to my attention tonight…while Cody is still my favorite, he is not a man…he is a feline. So don’t worry Dad, you haven’t lost your spot.)

Me & Mom

To start, we decided to get some wings to share. I’m usually not huge on wings, but hey, I’m on vacation. I’ll give ‘em a go. I tried two of the Honey BBQ wings (pictured left) and I enjoyed the sauce so much, that I asked if I could get it on my burger.

Yep. Tonight was definitely a beer & burger kinda night. Hey…you only live once aaaaand I also rode on that darn bike this morning, so I earned it. Winking smile

I ordered just a simple burger with provolone cheese, which came with a side of fries that totally knocked my socks off.

Holy cow, they were amazing.

And the burger, while rather large, was quite delish…especially with the added honey BBQ sauce.

Hello, vacation.

Since most of us didn’t get a whole lot of sleep last night with driving down here, I’m pretty sure tonight is going to be an early one. Besides, I’d rather wake up early to enjoy the gorgeous day that’s supposed to be on tap tomorrow!

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend so far!

**And to my lovely friends running the Boilermaker tomorrow (Heather, Jen, Eileen, Liz, and anyone else I’m forgetting…), I wish you all the BEST of luck! I’ll be thinking of you…and make sure to have a beer for me after crossing that finish line. Smile

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Dang girl your hotel is well-stocked with drank appliances! Byyy the way, nice view. ;)

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 9, 2011 at 9:15 pm

That burger and fries look delicious!

And I like that you decided to wear your wedding band on it’s own while your engagement ring is being fixed… I think it looks very pretty and elegant! :) I had my rings saudered together, so I wouldn’t have the option!

3 Amy @ My Life as a Lazy Girl July 9, 2011 at 9:25 pm

That beer sounds delicious! And the food looks great!!

4 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) July 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm

You have very smart parents, bringing your own margarita maker on vacation. :) Honey BBQ sauce sounds amazing on a burger – maybe I’ll have to try that tomorrow as a celebratory dinner – thanks for the good luck!

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I love Taphouse! I’ve been there with a Groupon before.. definitely the best place for a burg and a beer. ;)

6 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Mmmm a burger and beer sounds delicious :). And those fries look like they are at the perfect crispness! Hope you’re having so much fun!

7 Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice July 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm

That meal looks great…its been far to long since I’ve had fries like that!

8 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm

That’s so funny that they included the umbrellas. And those fries do look delicious.
Wow, I’m so jealous of all your fun summer vacays! :)

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 10, 2011 at 12:29 am

I love wings every now and then as an indulgence, brings me back to 10cent wing nights in college :)
And, you know you travel too much when I looked at the first picture and immediately knew you guys were in a HAmpton Inn by the comforter! Then I scrolled down and saw the cups, I was right! haha, sad.

10 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 10, 2011 at 1:37 am

That beer sounds delicious! And I LOVE your hotel drinks … it’s always a challenge to work with what the hotel has on hand but it’s great that you even found umbrellas! :) I always forget cups/silverware when I bring snacks & drinks to hotels.

11 Courtney July 10, 2011 at 10:23 am

Oh, we definitely brought the umbrellas ourselves ;)

12 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 10, 2011 at 1:40 am

Oh, and I can’t even look at chicken wings without gagging. Let’s just say I’m not capable of finishing the Hellfire wing challenge like Adam from Man v. Food. Forever scarred from my failed attempt last month :::shudder::: http://sugarcoatedsisters.com/2011/06/21/hellfire-challenge-i-am-an-idiot/

13 Presley (Run Pretty) July 10, 2011 at 2:49 am

The hotel cups with umbrellas may be the most hilarious thing I’ve seen I’ve seen all day! Love it. Vacation is the best! :)

14 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 10, 2011 at 5:08 am

That all looks great, sounds like you had a lovely time :)

15 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 10, 2011 at 6:55 am

I absolutely love staying at The Hampton! Their beds are to DIE for!

16 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I love the Hampton too! They do *such* a good job of taking care of you. And free cookies and coffee in the afternoon doesn’t hurt either! :)

17 melissa July 10, 2011 at 7:16 am

Looks like so much fun!!! Question for ya… I have always looked at those frozen margarita makers in the stores. What makes it different from a blender?? Would you recommened it? I’m always sooo tempted to buy one because margaritas are my fav, but it seems like a lot of $$$ for something (I think) I can do in the blender. Let me know your thoughts :). And have fun on vaacaayy!!!!

18 Courtney July 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

The machine is great! It’s different because it shaves the ice up top and then it falls down into the pitcher, which is where you put the liquid. Then it just blends everything together. It works awesome :)

19 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 10, 2011 at 8:10 am

Those fries look insanely crispy! Get in my belly! Hope you continue to have a blast!

20 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet July 10, 2011 at 9:15 am

Love that you brought your margarita maker down! And that burger almost makes me, a non-burger-lover, hungry :)

21 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 10, 2011 at 10:21 am

Hahahah tell me you guys brought your own margarita maker… Hero.

22 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 10, 2011 at 10:59 am

Oooo, umbrrellas make every drink instantly taste better! Gad they weren’t forgotten! ….Happy Vacation!

23 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 10, 2011 at 11:33 am

Haha I love the paper cups with umbrellas. Too funny! Glad you seem to be having fun on vacay!!

24 Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots July 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Nothing says vacation like a frozen drink! I try to start every vacation with a pina colada! Gets me in the mood for the beach every time!