Haven’t They Learned?

by Courtney on July 11, 2011

Can you guys believe this garbage? Mom and Dad left me…again.

In case you’re not sure exactly what I’m talking about, Mom’s latest posts should catch you all up to speed…

Welcome To Virginia Beach!

Burger & Beer

Tough Workouts, Beach, & Happy Hour

So, now that you all know what I’m talking about, let’s chat about this whole situation. I mean, didn’t they learn their lesson from the last time that they left me alone? When mom and dad are away…Cody must play.

So I did. As soon as they left, and I finished trying to make them sad with my cute face (it’s pretty good, right?)…

It was time to let loose. First up was the pool. I see mom chillin’ out here all the time, so I figured it must be the cool thing to do. I mean, c’mon, don’t I look pretty cool? If you don’t agree…well, then, I don’t want to know.

It didn’t take long to understand why dad gets so bored just sitting by the pool. It’s boring. Luckily, a few bunnies and birds here and there grabbed my attention and kept me awake.

But even the bunnies and birds weren’t that exciting. So I thought more about what dad likes to do out by the pool. “Hmmm…dad likes to play hoops…”

I’m not gonna lie guys…I can slam dunk ‘em like no other cat out there. I’ll take any of your cats on in a game of one-on-one…you just call up my agent (err, my mom).

Oh, and pay no attention to those hands holding me up next to the hoop…you must just still be tired and delirious this morning. It’s ok.

A couple slam dunks later and my kitty fur was starting to feel a tid bit sweaty. I don’t like that feeling at all. So, I again thought about what mom does…

And I took a dip in the pool.

Holy cow! That pool was chilly.

I don’t really think I like the pool anymore…I’ll leave that activity to mom.

Once I finally dried off, I realized that it was…ummm…time for the litter box. Unfortunately, my litter box was not close enough; and when Cody has to go, Cody has to GO.

I searched around the yard…

And then it hit me…the wheelbarrow is just like a BIG litter box. You know, just without the litter. It’s no big deal…I’ll just blame it on the deer that roam through the yard. Mom and dad will have noooo idea.

Man I’m smart.

After such a long afternoon, nothing sounded better than winding down with a nice, big ‘ol margarita. What? Don’t act surprised…I told you all before that I like to raid the bar…remember?

Thankfully, mom left the keys to her car (silly mom) so I hopped right in.

You know, as smart of a cat as I am, I’ll tell you guys…it’s not easy figuring out how to drive a car. I tried, and tried, and tried until I could try no more. I just couldn’t get the darn thing to move.

So maybe this week I’ll have to hold off on the margaritas. Total bummer. But hey, at least dad left some of his beer stash.

Oh mom and dad…haven’t you learned? Nothing is safe when you leave me here, alone!

Just in case you’re wondering, I actually chatted with M & D last night. I guess they had some really good seafood dinner.

Which just kinda made me angry. I mean, first they leave me alone, and now they tease me with their seafood dinners?

IMG_5620IMG_5619

What stinkers. Ehh, I’m sure mom will tell you guys all about it later today…she sounded really excited about it.

But for now, I better sign off and stop hijacking her blog…she wasn’t very happy with me the last time I did it. But let’s just keep this between you and me, and maybe she won’t even know…mmmmkay?

Last thing, before I sign off…just wanted to make sure you all know that no kitties were harmed or injured during this post. In fact, they may have even been rewarded with extra treats and hugs. Just sayin’.

Question from Cody:

Do you own any pets? Any friends for me? Maybe a lovely lady? Meowwwww!

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) July 11, 2011 at 8:04 am

AHAHAH oh my gosh how cute!!!! i have a sheltie! i miss him so much!!! i wont see him for another 2 months since hes over in london :(

2 Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet July 11, 2011 at 8:07 am

LOL I love these Cody posts :) What an alcoholic! Poor Cody, every time I try to give my cat a bath or even get it close to water, he flips out!

I think you’d like my black cat, Cody, you guys can get into all kinds of shenanigans together!

3 Cait @ Beyond Bananas July 11, 2011 at 8:10 am

Hhahah oooh goodness this is too cute! my favorite picture just might be the one where he is lying down with the beer bottle. I haven’t had a pet in almost a year. When we moved into our condo.. we decided our lives right now would not fit a pet. But I want a pup so bad.. I’ve had one all my life!

4 Alex July 11, 2011 at 8:13 am

Haha!! This made my morning!

5 Arie July 11, 2011 at 8:13 am

While mom and Dad are away, Cody will play! Nice post Cody. Next you should try a shopping trip in the closet..

6 Presley (Run Pretty) July 11, 2011 at 8:13 am

Cutest post ever.

7 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 11, 2011 at 8:26 am

Aw I love the Cody posts :). I can’t believe he was in the pool!! Cooper would freak out big time haha.

8 Claire July 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

This is hilarious! Nice work!

9 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

Haha love the Cody posts. I have 2 kitties and both are female. Aki is a tabby (5 years) and Sheila is a tuxedo (she turns 4 tomorrow!). They’re a little long distance for Cody though. ;)

10 Meg July 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

I’m tryna hang out with Cody ;)

11 kate July 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

hahah your cat is precious, my cat loves water and always wants to be near it until she gets wet then she is angry!

12 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 11, 2011 at 8:55 am

Awww this is sooo cute and hilarious! And I though I was the only one to think about my cat’s point of view :)

13 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 11, 2011 at 8:59 am

You are too freaking funny! I love these Cody posts! They always put a massive smile on my face!

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 11, 2011 at 9:01 am

I think I said this last time there was a Cody post, but I’m not a huge cat person, but your’s is too darn cute!

15 Andrea @ Onion in My Hair July 11, 2011 at 9:09 am

Cody – you are one bad a$$ cat! I love your guest posts!

Take it easy with the Coors Lights, my friend! You are just a tiny kitteh – they will go straight to your head!

16 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 11, 2011 at 9:10 am

I have two friends for Cody! They would enjoy their man time for sure! ….Ornery things that cat is doing. Gosh, those pictures are super cute!
What a great cat you have!!!!

17 4loveofcarrots July 11, 2011 at 9:27 am

Oh my gosh I Loveee this!!! This is hilarious and totally something my mom would have done. When I was younger she used to send me cards ay camp from ny animals!!

18 Faith @ For the Health of It July 11, 2011 at 9:35 am

Bahahaha so THATS the sort of shenanigans my dog gets into when I’m at work? Makes so much sense now ;)

19 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 11, 2011 at 9:36 am

Hahaha, too funny. I don’t have any pets, sorry Cody :).

20 Lori @ RecipeGirl July 11, 2011 at 9:45 am

how cute is this post?? Make me miss my college kitty (Kamikaze) big time. Looked just like yours :)

21 Chelsey @ Chew with Your Mouth Open July 11, 2011 at 9:49 am

Such a cute post! Our kitten is only 4 months old and gets into EVERYTHING! Makes me wonder what she does when we’re not around!

22 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 11, 2011 at 10:14 am

Adorable! When I was a kid and we went on vacation, our cat would run away for a few days (he was an indoor/outdoor cat) just to prove his displeasure as us leaving him behind.

23 Diana July 11, 2011 at 10:42 am

No offense to your other guest bloggers…but Cody is by far my favorite!

I have 2 St. Bernards – probably not the kind of friends Code-man was hoping for!

24 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 11, 2011 at 10:52 am

I have dogs that like cats. Well, my dogs like anything/one. Big dopes.

25 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts July 11, 2011 at 11:11 am

This post is SOO cute!! I am such a sucker for cats! My cat, Zeus, is 15 and every bit as sneaky as Cody! They would totally be kitty friends. :)

26 Grace July 11, 2011 at 11:31 am

So funny! I read a blog called Happy Tales and her dog Happy “blogs” sometimes, too!

27 Lee @ in the pink of condition July 11, 2011 at 11:58 am

Awww! That was sooo cute and absolutely hilarious! I love your cat posts :-)

28 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 11, 2011 at 11:59 am

Awwwww SO cute!!!! It seems like we have similar relationships with our cats. and that our cats are very similar as well! He’s so freaking cute..that sad face is ADORABLE!

29 Chantal July 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hahaha, I also absolutely love these posts. They totally make my day. They’re so cute, and the pictures are awesome! I just took in an ginger kitten just like Cody this Easter, and he’s also pretty crazy in the way you often describe though I’ve heard that’s just an orange cat thing… They also look so similar I know what to look forward to when he grows up :)

30 Loni July 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Haha love it! Not sure if you’re still in VA Beach, but you need to check out Kohr Bro’s on the boardwalk for some custard! There’s one every couple blocks or so. I got vanilla and lemon with rainbow sprinkles over the weekend.. soo good!

31 Cara July 11, 2011 at 12:44 pm

how cute! This must have been so much fun to write and photograph!

32 Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

It’s like the most inappropriate “Milo and Otis” ever, and I love it.

33 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) July 11, 2011 at 1:26 pm

So adorable! I <3 my two cats as much as you do! They're little personalties are so funny.

34 Gillian July 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm

This is adorable. Cody totally needs to meet my kitty, Lils (photo: http://thegreenerbean.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/img_0869.jpg/)! She is very mischievous and also likes to play fetch (although she prefers to fetch hair elastics). Blind date, maybe?

35 Gillian July 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm
36 Erica July 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm

i LOVE cody posts! :)

37 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Cody, you’re just so sneaky hacking on your mom’s blog!
Stop drinking all that beer ;)

38 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Hahaha, so cute!

39 Amy July 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Well Cody, I know it stinks that Mom & Dad are away, but you look like you are enjoying some time for yourself. Just a word of advice, no wild parties, I don’t think that would go over well :D

40 Lora @ BootyGotBling July 11, 2011 at 10:37 pm

bahhhahahahaha… this made my day.

41 Rose July 12, 2011 at 12:13 am

This post made my night. You’re cat is too cute.

42 Katherina @ Zephyr Runs July 12, 2011 at 7:12 am

This post is a great intro to your blog :P I think I’ll stay around a while and see what Cody does next!!

43 janetha @ meals & moves July 12, 2011 at 7:14 pm