We Bid Our Final Farewell

by Courtney on July 14, 2011

You know, I’ll tell you guys something. I think if we had spent our whole vacation here, rather than both here and Virginia, I’d be leaving with some killer calves

Walking the Wildwood beach is no joke. Just LOOK at this thing.

Before heading to the beach this morning and getting my calf workout, Jay and I actually decided to squeeze in another short workout and went for a little run together. It wasn’t too hot, and both of us thought it probably wouldn’t hurt…especially after last night’s indulgence.

We ended up covering just short of 2 miles at a nice, easy pace. I actually enjoyed that run a lot more than any other outdoor runs I’ve done lately. It was nice not to worry about time or speed and just…go. I need to do that more often.

Not long after, we were plopped in the sand, fully engulfed in our last beach day.

A little reading…

A little peace and serenity…

And a little napping…

Eventually, my tummy started to grumble for more than just the pretzels that I brought down, so I packed things up and came back up to the room for some lunch.

I didn’t feel like spending any money down at the café, so I kept things simple with a toasted English muffin, topped with peanut butter and banana. The peanut butter, if you’re wondering, is from our free breakfasts in Virginia. Winking smile

I ended up saving the Clif Z Bar pictured, and instead snacked on a few handfuls of popcorn and a couple graham crackers with fruit dip.

After lunch, we headed back down and spent a little more time by poolside. (Had to rinse off all that sand, right?)

Then, we bid our final farewell to the beach…

IMG_5802-1

That is, unless, we end up going for a late night beach walk tonight after our planned trip to the boardwalk. I do love my evening beach strolls.

And I love being here.

Question for the Evening:

Fill in the blanks: If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be _____________ because _______________.

1 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I JUST finished ‘Something Borrowed’ … Couldn’t put it down!!!!
If I could be anywhere else in the world right now I’d be in Rome because it would be full of once-in-a-lifetime moments! :)
Safe travels!

2 Sam July 14, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I would be on a beach somewhere.. preferably tropical but ill take any beach, anywhere. I want sow sun and water in ny life soon. Your trip sounds aazing!!!

3 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 14, 2011 at 6:19 pm

If I could be anywhere in the world right now I would be right where I am- freshly arrived in Boca Raton with my guy because we are near the beach and anytime that I get to spend with him (since we are long distance) is awesome. Hope you have a fun last night!

4 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl July 14, 2011 at 6:26 pm

f I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be in Nebraska because home is where the heart is :-). I’m going home 1 week from tomorrow. I don’t think anyone in the world has ever been excited for a vacation in Nebraska. I’m special.

5 Erica July 14, 2011 at 6:26 pm

i would be poolside sipping an umbrella drink because i need to relax :)

i just started reading that book…how do you like it?

6 Kristine @ Running On Hungry July 14, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Ahhh that looks so relaxing! :) I love that you’re like me and workout on vacation! I love starting my days like that and then I can just veg and relax all day long!

7 Heather July 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Such a good question today, Court-baby!

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be —– actually – can I be lame and say right here, in my apartment? because Savvy Julie is on her way here, I am in the sweetest new relationship with the most wonderfully kind man, I am preparing for an EPIC race on Saturday, and a terrific CDNY Eat Drink Blog Brunch on Saturday. I think I am going to have to go with Scotia.

Other options???

Denton. because of my fam. (duh.) and also because of that ice cream we’ve discussed.

Madison. because, let’s face it, my heart always YEARNS for the Wisconsin state capital.

and

Washington D.C. because you can never have too many presidential fun facts.

I am sure none of those surprise you very much ;)

8 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 14, 2011 at 7:41 pm

If I could be anywhere else in the world right now I’d be back at college starting my senior year, because I miss my being with my best friends 24/7! :(

9 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I would be in Costa Rica because I love it and I can surf there :)

10 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

The Wildwood beach always burns the crap out of my feet on that walk down!

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

If I could be anywhere in the world right now I’d be in Europe with my husband because I really want to experience it with him before we go and have kids and other “adult” responsibilities. ;)

12 Miranda @ Working Mom Works Out July 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I would be in New Orleans because it reminds me of when Adam and I were first together and our honeymoon and our 3-day weekend this year and. And. And. It’s our city.

13 Shayla @ The Good Life July 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I would like to be somewhere tropical like Fiji or Bora Bora with my hubby…those locations were our top two spots for our honeymoon that we haven’t been able to take yet :( ….and if things go according to plan we’ll probably have a honeymoon and babymoon in one! ;)

14 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I tried that popcorn at the gas station the other day!
One word– NATURALLY DELICIOUS! (Ok maybe 2 words…)

15 Jess July 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I’m glad you had such a great vacation with Jay and your parents!

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I’d be on my honeymoon (6 months from now) in __________(<– I don't know yet…my husband is keeping it a secret) because I don't want to wait anymore and am excited to see what he's planned :-D (And because it's somewhere tropical, and it will be winter here!)

16 julie July 14, 2011 at 8:39 pm

aww so sad vay cay is over! glad you had such a good time girl :) and i’ve been thinking about reading that book but i’m such a horrendous reader i should prob finish the 5 i’ve already stared first haha

if i could be anywhere in the world right now i would beeeee ummmm i think europe! i’ve never been buttt i know i would love!

17 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Wow! That beach is huge! I’ve never been to Wildwood, but it looks relaxing and like a lot of fun.

18 Stephanie July 14, 2011 at 9:36 pm

That Emily Griffin book is one of my favorites – I’m actually re-reading it right now (who does that?) hahaha love it!!!

19 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I’ve re-read it, too! It’s that good. lol

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm

if i could be anywhere, i’d be on my vacation already!!!

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I LOVE Love The One You’re With. It’s my favorite of all of Emily Giffin’s books.

22 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 15, 2011 at 12:59 am

Nicaragua, because it is my second home and I miss it dearly <3

PLEASE do a review of that book when you are done!! I have heard so many good things and would love to hear more :)

23 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 15, 2011 at 8:43 am

If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be in Winnipeg because Mom, Dad, and my sister Amy are there.

Plus the weather it crappy hear today! Take me somewhere warm and dry!

24 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hawaii- because I’ve never been there and have been dying to go for, oh, about 10 years now. It’s going to happen one of these days!
I’m glad you’ve enjoyed your beach vacay!

25 Tara Burner July 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm

hmmmm If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be anywhere other than here…ok thats too vague….how about Charleston SC because I totally love it there, relax, walk, enjoy just be….one of my fav places in US to go to or a spa because I need to relax & a break!