One Last Tradition To Do

Last night, on our last evening here, the four of us headed out for one last stop on our Wildwood tradition list…the Boardwalk.

As usual, things were hustlin’ and bustlin’!

We even got to catch the tram car and listen to the repetitive “Watch the tram car, please!” blasting from its speakers a few dozen times.

It sure wouldn’t be a trip to Wildwood without the tram car. Winking smile

Aaaand just because you haven’t already seen about five bajillion of them, here’s another self-taken photo of me and Jay. Hey, at least we’ve never had one taken on a boardwalk before.

We had a few places that we planned on stopping at while on the boardwalk…one of which being Curley’s.

Curley’s has, in my opinion, some of the best boardwalk fries around. And while I easily could have been content on just making a dinner out of ‘em, I figured it wouldn’t exactly have been the dinner of champs.

I ordered myself a Chicken Cheesesteak and, unbeknownst to me, it was enormous. Really enormous.

So since I still wanted to leave plenty of room for the real goods at hand, I ended up cutting one half of my sandwich into thirds, sharing it with the group, and ate the other half for myself. It was good, for boardwalk grub. Winking smile

But as I mentioned before, the real star of the show was the fries. We ordered a big bucket to share amongst us all and I certainly did my part contributing to its dwindling portions.

Does this all right here not spell v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n or what??

After dinner, we walked around the boardwalk a bit more so we could make another necessary pit stop at Douglass Fudge.

Every year we came to Wildwood, we always had to make a stop into Douglass Fudge so we could load up on fudge to bring back for my grandparents, our friends, and of course, ourselves.

While they do have some amazing fudge, it seems to lose its appeal for me once I get back home with it. So rather than waste our money, Jay and I decided to skip on the fudge.

But that doesn’t mean we left empty-handed!

While walking around the store, I found myself getting a sudden urge for saltwater taffy. I just had to have it…

So I got it.

The girl working there was very nice and said that I could even choose my own flavors, so I got three of my favorite flavors: vanilla, orange, and cherry.

After we got our goods, the boardwalk quickly began to feel extremely crowded and loud, so we scooted out of there and headed back to the hotel to hang out for the rest of the evening.

Now this morning, we’re packing things up for the last time and getting ready to head back home. As sad as I am to leave, as always, I am quite excited to go back and see my little Cody. Even if he did hijack my blog again. Winking smile

Stay tuned this afternoon for an awesome Fashion Friday post…but for now, I’ll see ya from New York!!

Question for the Morning:

What’s your favorite fair/boardwalk/carnival foods to get? (fries, fried dough, etc.)

Do you like fudge? What flavors?

Comments

your vacation has looked absolutely fantastic. i am completely jealous of every aspect…

but the one thing that I am REALLY amazed about, is how straight and nice your hair looks! Mine gets SO frizzy in the heat!

I love mini donuts, corn dogs and ice cream! We are going to our local fair here next weekend and those three things will not be missed!
    I am not a fudge fan, but love chocolate and sweets, weird!

gahh salt water taffy from the boardwalk (i feel like from any boardwalk really haha) is the BEST. along with swt i would also have to put churros and funnel cakes on that list of must-eat boardwalk foods

I have been craving peanut butter fudge lately. I even asked my gram last night to make it and her response was “oh boy…” haha! Wish I was @ Wildwood right now eating peanut butter fudge :)

Wait, Curley’s doesn’t serve curly fries?? I guess crinkle cut is a fine alternative :)

The boardwalk must-haves for me are fudge, dippin’ dots, and FUNNEL CAKES! As a kid, I dropped my funnel cake in the sand and seagulls attacked it. I’m pretty sure I cried.

Man, this post makes me really want to go to Bethany Beach, DE!! I’m so glad you had fun.

Mmm….I would have loved to eat the other half of your chicken cheesesteak sandwich! I used to love fudge, but I got …a bug… one time after I had just eaten some. Now, it’s a no-go. Something about saltwater taffy screams “vacation”. Every time we go to the mountains, we buy some. Have a safe trip home!

When I was a kid, I used to LOVE getting french fries at a fair/boardwalk and pouring on vinegar and ketchup. Yum! But I haven’t had that in a long time. Now I’d probably say that ice cream would be my favorite.

Your sandwich was HUGE!! I think that sandwich would have even made the guy from “Man v. Food” cringe! 😉

i love elephant ears/funnel cake!!!

and i LOVE fudge! the more chocolate the better!!!

and you’ve got a great tan! i’m so jealous! i’m so pale right now!

You’re so pretty Courtney, love the pics!

My absolute favorite Boardwalk is the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk…we only live about an hour from there and it’s a great lil getaway.

And my favorite treat to get is the old fashioned chocolate dipped yogurt cone…and maybe some cotton candy too 😉

Used to be big on fudge, not so much any more…like you, it loses its appeal when I get home….salt water taffy…yum!!!!
    not sure I have a fav though :)

11. VanessaG says

My fav amusement park food is Kettle Corn, or snow cones. I cannot wait till Sun because my family and I will be doing all the fun stuff you have been doing…Beach Bound! I’m so pumped! My 2yr old nice is going and I am so excited to spend a week building sancastles with her. The last thing I want to tell you is that you made me feel so good. I have issues with traveling and food. I can’t control when or what we eat. But you know what? Reading your blog put me at ease. I won’t gain 5pds from vacation. I’m gonna enjoy it….every last bite!

• Courtney says

That’s so true, Vanessa! It’s all about balance…so make sure that you enjoy EVERY OUNCE of that vacation, and when you get back, then it will be back to reality. Life’s too short to not enjoy it to the max every now and then! :)