I’ll Cheers To That

by Courtney on July 17, 2011

Today has been a day of two extremes: an extremely busy morning and early afternoon, followed by a relaxing, late afternoon spent poolside.

Having been so “on-the-go” lately, it felt so nice to be able to spend the latter part of today just relaxing at home. As soon as we got back from taking care of what needed to be done, we gathered our things and headed out to the pool.

Do you like our matching sunglasses? Pretty hot, right? Well, don’t knock ‘em too much…if you stay tuned tomorrow, I’ll explain the fashion statement a little more, along with some more info that you’re really, REALLY not gonna want to miss.

TRUST ME.

Annnnyways, it was a HOT one today! So most of my time was spent IN the pool, rather than in my usual lounge chair. I even had another little friend in there with me today…

IMG_5905IMG_5910

Anyone remember when Jay and I got this for Christmas this past year? Today was our first opportunity to take it out and put it to use and I will say, it’s pretty awesome having a floating cooler with you in the pool. In case you’re interested, it’s on Amazon (just click here).

Once we had enough of the pool and sun, we headed back inside to our 89 degree house.

Oooof.

Don’t worry, we turned the AC on after that.

I suddenly ended up getting a surge of energy, so I headed downstairs, completed this treadmill workout, came back up, showered, and put together some dinner.

But since it was still pretty warm in the house at this point, we decided to move things in front of the big fan for a special little “picnic” dinner.

And because it was a special picnic dinner, I thought it was only fitting to pour a couple special glasses of wine to go with it.

Makes it more romantic, right? Winking smile

As for tonight’s dinner…let’s talk about easy peasy.

I heated up two Italian-style chicken sausages in one pan while cooking up a package of store-bought Spanish rice in another pot. Once the sausages were finished, I sautéed up three huge handfuls of spinach in the same pan.

Once the spinach was wilted, I added in that, the sliced chicken sausages, and one diced tomato in with the rice…BAM! An easy, delicious meal in less than 15 minutes.

I’ll “CHEERS” to that!

Jay and I are now planning on spending the rest of the evening just hanging out with our shedding favorite fur ball.

IMG_1978

Like I said before, be sure to check back in tomorrow morning. I’ve got some goodies up my sleeve that I’m pretty positive you’re gonna want to get yours hands on!

Question for the Evening:

What’s your favorite poolside beverage?

For me, non-alcoholic = water / alcoholic = sangria!

1 Nicole July 17, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Your pool looks so refreshing! I’d love to jump in right about now, our apt is so hot even with the ac on!

2 Gina @ running to the kitchen July 17, 2011 at 8:24 pm

So jealous of your pool today it was a hot one! I just said to my husband how much I wish we had a pool this weekend, it was perfect weather.
Love your floating cooler :)

3 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I love your little picnic in the house; hope your house cools down! :)
My drink of choice is a margarita ALWAYS…. unless a glass of red wine slips into top spot for the night. I <3 them both very much!

4 Katelyn July 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

1) I love your placemats! So cute.
2) I’ve been wanting to try that treadmill workout but I’m too SCARED! I can’t imagine doing 10.0 for an ENTIRE MINUTE. You go girl.
3) Can’t wait for the news tomorrow morning!
4) Happy Sunday :)

5 Brittany July 17, 2011 at 8:33 pm

My cat is shedding like it’s her job! She is still transitioning from colder Illinois to HOT Florida. When she comes inside, she sprawls herself on the hard wood floor!

6 Emma @ Microcosm of Life July 17, 2011 at 8:46 pm

That cooler-pod is hilarious. It would be perfect to take on tubing trips!
I always crave really cold, carbonated drinks by the pool, even though they make me so bloated. Fresca is probably the number one pick.

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 17, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Your pool looks amazing! Can’t wait for the “news”!

8 Kristine @ Running on Hungry July 17, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Love that floating cooler!

I love sparkling water with either a slice of lemon or lime… and an ice-cold beer if I’m in the mood for something alcoholic… preferably corona – also with lime. Apparently when I think of something refreshing it comes with lime! :)

9 Lindsey July 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Non-alcoholic – water with lemon juice and lots of ice, alcoholic – I am not too picky, anything fruity but not too sweet!

10 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Ok. perfect timing. I was JUST explaining to Michael how sweet a picnic in the middle of the living room would be. :P

11 Sarah @ Food and Love Diaries July 17, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Looks like such a fun day! Fav beverages: diet coke with lemon and mimosas or margaritas

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I love that floating cooler! Now if I only had a pool…And that is so cute that you guys had a picnic in your house :). I may have to steal that idea! Can’t wait to read tomorrow morning!

13 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Water or Corona Light w/ a lime!

14 Janae Jacobs July 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm

PICNIC DINNER!! I LOVE IT!! That cooler thingee is amazing! I wish Billy would wear twiner glasses with me. I LOVE having busy mornings and laid back afternoons/evenings!

15 Brynne July 17, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Non-alcoholic = lemonade or iced tea .. alcoholic = margaritas!

16 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 17, 2011 at 10:05 pm

That cooler is so cool! I’m definitely going to look into that for my pool :)

17 Brooke @ BittersweetBrooke July 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I spent the day at the pool today too. I would have to say my favorite non-alcoholic bev by the pool is lemonade and alcoholic is a glass of white wine!

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Do you think that floating cooler would have the same effect in the bathtub? If so…my life might have just gotten a lot more fun.

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I usually drink water when I’m by the poool… unless I’m on vacation! Then it’s alla bout the fruity drinks! ;)

20 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 17, 2011 at 10:37 pm

That indoor picnic is such a good idea! I might just have to steal it for me and my boyfriend ;)
(You’re super tan, by the way!)

21 Mallory @ It's Only Life July 17, 2011 at 11:22 pm

My favorite non-alcoholic has to be iced tea.

Alcoholic, I go all out. Frozen daiquiris for sure!!

22 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 18, 2011 at 12:50 am

Ahhhhh wait that is the BEST THING EVER. I need a freaking floating cooler!!!!!

Non-alcoholic = water / alcoholic = vodka and diet dr pepper CHERRY

23 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 18, 2011 at 3:59 am

What a fun day! :)

24 Khushboo July 18, 2011 at 4:11 am

Liquids always taste better by the pool, watermelon juice in particular!

25 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 18, 2011 at 8:03 am

I’m curious what your “news” is! I know it’s not that you’re pregnant (isn’t that what people always assume when a young married woman has “news”??), because you were drinking wine!! ;)

My favorite non-alcoholic poolside drink would be water… alcoholic would be a margarita on the rocks. Yum! :)

26 e@thisnotedlife July 18, 2011 at 8:21 am

mmm your dinner recipe looks delicious! I’m going to have to give it a try :) Favorite poolside drink – iced tea

27 Stephanie July 18, 2011 at 9:22 am

fave poolside drinks – nonalcoholic – water, alcoholic – mojito!!

28 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 18, 2011 at 10:22 am

My boyfriend and I used to have matching sunglasses like that…we got them at the end of a 5K that we did!

29 Presley (Run Pretty) July 18, 2011 at 11:10 am

If I won the kit, we’d definitely be heading to the lake! Haven’t been this summer yet :)

30 Presley (Run Pretty) July 18, 2011 at 11:11 am

I swear how do I always comment on the wrong posts hahah on this one, all I wanted to talk about was wiiiine… yum!

31 Laura @ Unchartered 20s July 18, 2011 at 11:43 am

You guys are too cute! I love a big old bottle of Smartwater poolside! Andd one of those huge Vegas style pina coladas!! :) Or if I’m at a regular/non Vegas pool, a beer will do just fine.

32 Ruthie Hart July 18, 2011 at 12:19 pm

what a fun day! I Love that floating cooler!!

33 Shayla @ The Good Life July 18, 2011 at 12:26 pm

My favorite poolside drink is a margarita or ice cold beer! :)

34 kristen July 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm

favorite pool side drink is water, a cold beer, or something with an umbrella- that always make it better ;-)