Last Minute Swap

WELL! You guys are just as excited about my SOYJOY giveaway as I thought you would be…maybe even more so? Either way, keep those entries comin’!

Since I was too busy giving you guys an opportunity to get yours hands on some awesome loot, I never got a chance to fill you in on my morning.

Bright and early, I trekked it over to the gym for the first time since before vacation to attend another BodyCombat class. This is the only other one that I’ve taken since my first class, and I’ll say that it was just as enjoyable and butt-kicking as the last.

I decided not to stay for the follow-up BodyFlow class and instead, opted to head to the “scary part of the gym” for some upper weight and abs moves.

Shoulder Press 3 sets x 15 reps
Bicep Curls 3 sets x 15 reps
Tricep Kickbacks 3 sets x 15 reps
Chest Press 3 sets x 15 reps
Crunches on Stability Ball 50 reps
Bicycles 50 reps
Lower Ab Crunches with Stability Ball 2 sets x 20 reps

(I used 8 lb. dumbbells for all of the above moves)

To say I’ll probably be sore tomorrow is most likely an understatement. I can already sense the burn in my upper arms and shoulders. I love it!

After the gym and a quick trip to the grocery store, I came home to make some breakfast.

I had been planning on a buckwheat bowl all morning but ended up making a last-minute swap for an egg white and cheese sandwich.

I heated up 2 egg whites in my microwave egg cooker, and topped them with some fresh basil leaves and a slice of reduced fat provolone cheese. I also added a big ‘ol slice of tomato and some salt and pepper along with my toasted Thomas’ Honey Wheat English Muffin.

Of course, I also enjoyed a glass of iced coffee with skim milk, Truvia, and a side of creeper. Winking smile

Mid-morning, I sipped on downed a small can of Low-Sodium V8 juice.

As you guys know, vegetables seem to be giving me some tummy troubles lately, so after a suggestion from a reader, I’ve decided to try using the V8 to cover some (but not all) of my daily veggie intake.

I’ve actually always enjoyed V8 (my dad always used to drink it growing up) so I don’t  mind incorporating it. Plus, I felt fine after drinking it, so hopefully this will help me out a bit!

Now, I’m about to figure out what in the world I want for lunch and then finally go to get my engagement ring taken care of. I’ve really missed being able to wear it!

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your favorite way to enjoy veggies? (Fresh, steamed, cooked, broiled…in juice form?)

Fresh in salads, but I am with you if I OD on them I get an upset tummy!

I have never been able to get over the idea of drinking veggie drinks/juices, I far gone as far as spinach in my smoothies but can’t do much more yet!

I also love roasted BBQ veggies in the summer :)

2. Kathryn says

I like my veggies fresh, sauteed, and I’ll eat steamed carrots, but only if they aren’t too mushy.

I love love love juicing. It definitely helps with the tummy troubles!!! Hahahah I feeel you girl, the “scary part” of the gym is where I DON’T go. I opt for the weight machines instead 😉

I had no idea V8 was so low in calories, I definitely want to give it a try. Could be helpful to sip on this rather than eating a ton of snacks when I’m not actually hungry — but rather just bored and want something in my mouth!

• says

sounds like me for sure! i buy the V8 because i’m looking for the healthy route and then i might take one sip and there it sits for eternity. i wish i liked it. but for me, i’d rather eat raw, steamed or grilled veggies. unless it’s in my smoothie because strawberries and oj can mask the taste of anything!!!

There’s something about V8 that I just can’t stand!! I think it’s the tomato juice, which is weird b/c I love tomato-everything else – raw, cooked, sauce, soup, ketchup etc. But juice? Ick!!
    Glad it’s working for you tho!! 😉

I love roasting veggies! I cannot get enough of roasting them in either garlic salt or Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute. If you haven’t tried it, I totally recommend it! :) I love V-8. I used to drink it all the time growing up.

My boyfriend recently got into V8 which I love, but I really can;t stand the taste of it. Mainly because I don’t like tomatoes in any other form other than raw. In fact, I like most veggies straight up raw! But my favorite method would probably be sauteing them,

Smart lady with the V8! I am going to give that a try…because…let’s face it…gas is not comfortable and the same thing happens to me…embarrassing 😉

I love V8! The way I enjoy veggies being prepared depends on the vegetable. Like, obviously- lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber- raw is the best. I enjoyed spinach in a smoothie for the first time recently. It’s GENIUS! I thank all the health food bloggers for inspiring me to get my spinach in that way! I think it’s so much better than cooked or in a salad.

I love roasted veggies especially kale and butternut squash! Raw veggies are pretty darn fantastic too, even better when you throw in some hummus!

11. Katie says

Could someone kindly describe the taste of V8? I think it would help me get in some servings quickly, but I imagine gagging on some thick, pulpy, cheap protein-shake consistency.

• Courtney says

Hmmm…it tastes a lot like tomato juice to me, if you’ve ever had that. Consistency wise, it’s thick, but doesn’t have the same gritty taste as some nasty protein can.
      Luckily it’s not expensive, so go ahead and give it a try! :)