Let’s Make This A Regular Thing

by Courtney on July 19, 2011

Okay, you guys are seriously funny. I absolutely loved being able to read all of your responses to this morning’s “Would You Rather” questions while sitting at the tire place. They made the time flyyyy by…too bad they couldn’t make the bill for my tires fly away. Boooo.

But anyways, I’m thinking I may have to make the “Would You Rather” questions a regular morning thing. What do you think…three new questions each morning? This could get super fun, AND we’ll all get to learn a whole lot more about each other.

For example, now I know that Holly would rather poop her pants but Colleen would much rather get pooped on.

Oh yeah…we’re all getting a whole lot closer. Winking smile

*****

Earlier today, I drank another V8 juice and I must say, I was really surprised by how many of you lovelies really do NOT like your veggie juice! Alright, alright, I’ll admit; it’s certainly no smoothie, but hey, to each their own, right?!

Not long after, I had to dig into lunch. I couldn’t wait any longer…I had been thinking about it ever since I put it together after last night’s dinner.

As amazing as last night’s tacos were, Jay and I actually weren’t huge fans of the corn tortillas. The brand I bought was pretty bland and they really didn’t taste like much of anything. So today, I decided to just go with the innards…which was the best part anyways!

I really don’t know why I don’t think to incorporate ingredients like avocado and black beans more often. They are just so freakin’ good.

I also enjoyed a lemon Chobani with lunch, along with a few slices of watermelon that didn’t last long enough to make it front of the camera. Woops.

I am really excited about this afternoon…I have some very special visitors who, I just realized, I hung out with on this same exact day last year, too. Who knew?

They should be arriving annnny minute now… Open-mouthed smile

Catch ya later!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you have any idea what YOU were doing on July 19th last year?

1 kate July 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm

hahaha I love the questions & no I have absolutely no idea, thats awesome though next year ill be able to look at my blog.

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 19, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love veggie juice – especially the spicy kind!

I’ve been on an avocado kick lately – I’ve been going through like 2-3/week!

3 Girl in the pink July 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I was in Barcelona last July 19th..!

I put avocado and black beans on pretty much everything. My husband and I have been eating a black bean avocado salad non stop for the past few weeks!!

4 gabriella @ embracement July 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Definitely make it a regular thing, would you rather is the best game ever (okay maybe not everrrr but its a good one). Lets see July 19th last year I was slaving away in summer class :)

5 Emma @ Microcosm of Life July 19, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Though I haven’t had a blog for a year (not even close, haha!), the program iPhoto on my Mac is really cool because you can view all your pictures from the “Last 12 Months.” The pictures at the top will be from approximately one year ago!

Can I also say that we are total meal twins right now… I had tacos last night and then turned the innards into a meal for lunch today as well! Watermelon was also involved :)

6 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I think that this time last year, I was trying to get used to living with my beau for the first 2 weeks of our sharing an apartment! I was also getting packed and ready to move. Ugh, a rough combination I think!!

7 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 19, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Hmmm, I have no idea what I was doing July 19th last year. Enjoying the summer, I’m sure. This July 19th is better though – I have a blog and a puppy now!

8 Paige @ Running Around Normal July 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Lemon chobani is my favorite! Well, besides plain :) Last year on July 19th hmm..I’d have to go check my blog ;)

9 Shayla @ The Good Life July 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

That salad looks delish! I just had one yesterday with avocado and garbanzo beans and it was yummy creaminess :)

I have absolutely no clue what I did last July 19th since I just started my blog…but now I will for next year ;)

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Lemon chobani is one of the best! Even though my blog is only a few months old, I do unfortunately know what I was doing last July 19th b/c it’s the anniversary of a friend’s death when we were 12 and I was visiting the cemetary this day last year. Morbid I know, but funny that you asked that question today b/c it’s probably the only random day I could remember what I was doing on.

11 Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) July 19, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I was working July 19th last year. Pretty much the same thing every day :)

12 Taylor Sutton July 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Same friends on the same day? Sounds like an episode from the Twilight Zone. :) Okay, maybe not quite that extreme!

13 Jordan July 19, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I love lemon chobani!! I can’t find it anywhere!!

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 19, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Last year, I have no idea. I think I may have just had one of my bridal showers the weekend before?? But the year before that, I had just gotten back from a mission trip in Guatemala. I was actually planning on blogging about it later today. Thinking about that trip brings back a lot of good memories!! :)

15 Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 19, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I love V8! I think its delish. It’s my go to on flights for a little snack and a lot of veggies!

16 Kristine @ Running On Hungry July 19, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I looove black beans and avocado! (OK I love all and any Mexican food!)

I have no idea what I was doing last July 19 but I have a sneaky suspicion I was at my desk at work… just like today :( Booooo

17 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 19, 2011 at 3:12 pm

AHHH YES MORE WOULD YOU RATHER’S!!! Last year? Hmmm I think I wasss at home!

18 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I had a thesis due at the end of that month so I was probably tearing my hair out over it! So glad that’s all over.

19 Stephanie July 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Too funny, just this morning I was groaning when I remembered I was at the OBX this very day last year !!! Oh well, I guess I can wait until August this time around… *sigh*

20 Tara @ the pleased plate July 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm

The only thing that would make your salad complete would be some peppers! I know you are not a fan of HEAT, but some mild garden salsa peppers would give it a little kick! I am from Dallas, so everything has a little spice here! :)

21 Caroline @ Everyday-Caroline July 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I am obsessed with eating mexican foods like black beans and avocado! Add a little chicken in there and you’ve got yourself an unbeatable combo.

22 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 19, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Fun question! I guess I could look back to this time last year on the blog..but I have a feeling I was probably going to class or something like that. Definitely not as fun as where I am now!

23 Khushboo July 19, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I just ate at the WholeFoods salad bar and had the most delicious blackbeans from the hot section! I need to remember to stock up on them!

24 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 19, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I would LOVE to have more of those questions :). Have fun with your visitors!

25 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I was getting my classroom ready and losing my mind! ….Seriously losing my mind!

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Will you be sharing your “would you rather responses”? I don’t believe I know your answer to the poop question! HAHA ;-)

Ohhh I was probably working on wedding planning… & now the wedding planning is finally coming to a close a year later!

27 Courtney July 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Good point, I didn’t answer them!! I’d definitely much rather be pooped ON! ;)

28 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Oh, I’ve never seen lemon Chobani before.. looks yummy!

29 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 19, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I love having a blog so I can look back at this stuff. Last July 19, I went to a welcome-home party for one of my friends who was in Kenya. I remember it being so fun, and I also remember eating homemade whipped cream off a spoon :)

30 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm

The combo of black beans avocado is one of my absolute favorites! (I’m also guilty of just eating them together plain ;) )

Don’t judge me!

31 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Having the would you rather questions is such a fun idea! I love it! Your lunch mixture sounds fabulous! I have no idea what I was doing last year on July 19th. I hope it was something fun though! ;)

32 Holly July 20, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hahahahah :D Thank you for the shout out about the pooping… I couldn’t think of a better shout out ;)
So excited that this is a regular on the blog! SO much fun!
Xoxo

33 Courtney July 20, 2011 at 11:28 am

LOL, you betcha, girly! ;)