She Asked Us…With Cupcakes

by Courtney on July 19, 2011

I have some truly amazing friends. End of story.

Do you guys remember back in April when we all had our big afternoon champagne toast? Actually, I probably shouldn’t bring that up again, seeing as though we apparently broke the law. Woops…too late…moving on.

So once my special visitors arrived this afternoon, I noticed that my friend, Rachel, brought a box of very tasty-looking treats. I was immediately psyched. Little did I know, however, that those treats were actually more than what they appeared. They were very special treats

As of today…

I’m officially a bridesmaid! Smile

Rachel was so creative in asking all of us to be her bridesmaids in her July 2012 wedding. I’ll tell ya, it really made me second guess my way of asking my besties to be in mine…in the parking lot of the mall, no creative poems or picture frames (like my friend Joelle did).

So, of course, we were all thrilled to be asked to be a part of such a special day for such a special friend.

“Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes!”

Out of our crew of five, I was the first to get married.

DSCF1318

Joelle came next, which you may remember if you’ve been reading since this past October.

IMG_5462IMG_5522

Now, with Rachel coming up next, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see who comes after her…hmmmm, Eileen or Kathryn? (No pressure girls, really.) Winking smile

*****

So…back to those cupcakes!

Rachel, who knows us all so well, got each of us a special cupcake to suit our own taste buds.

IMG_5980-1

All of our cupcakes, except for Eileen’s came from Coccadotts Cake Shop. Since Eileen is gluten-free, Rach actually went to a separate bakery, Sherry’s Lynn’s Gluten Free Bakery, to get her a special gluten-free goody. It looked just as good as ours, and almost double the size!

Everyone seemed to enjoy their goody, and my cupcake was amazing. Rach knows of my love affair with all things almond flavored, so mine incorporated an almond-flavored cupcake with a raspberry fruit topping and some sort of vanilla frosting.

Like I said…amazing. BUT…I still think I could give ‘em a run for their money. Winking smile

Cupcake CHEERS!! Smile

Talk about a great day, right??

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever been a bridesmaid (or groomsman…I won’t discriminate!) in a wedding? How did it go?

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm

OH MY GOD that is the cutest way to be asked!!!! Ahhh a yummy way at that ;) Congrats girl!!!

2 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance July 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Aw! Congrats on saying “I do” to being a bridesmade

I’ve never been in a bridal party– but have always wanted to! But hey, it could be worse… I could be the next star of 27 Dresses…

3 Julia @ Watermelon Smiles July 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm

That is the most adorable thing ever! Ideas like that make me want to be a more creative person haha.

I was a junior bridesmaid for my aunt when I was 13. I thought it was the coolest thing ever until I realized I had to walk down the aisle on the arm of a groom, and began to freak out. Luckily, I ended up just walking with my uncle so there was no Junior bridesmaid cold feet haha.

4 Kathryn July 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I was a bridesmaid last year. The wedding was awesome. My daughter was the flower girl. We had a few bumps that day, but all in all it went very well.

5 Lauren July 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Mm.. I love Coccadots! I also love your blog. I’ve been reading for months and I’m addicted! I feel like I know you and your blog is SUPER simple to pick up at any time and feel like we’ve been reading since day 1!

6 Lauren July 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I’m also a maid of honor in a wedding in October! :)

7 Courtney July 19, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Awww, thank you so much, Lauren!! :)

8 Samantha @ Running and Cupcakes July 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm

How creative! What a great friend!

I’ve been in too many weddings to count – they’ve all had their different things that made them, shall we say, interesting. LOL

9 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 19, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Awwwe that’s so cute! I love the idea of little personal cupcakes like that.
I’ve never been a bridesmaid or anything but one of my best friends is engaged (but the wedding’s not for a few years)…so I’ll probably get to be one then. ;)

10 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 19, 2011 at 7:32 pm

This is quite possibly the CUTEST thing I’ve ever seen! I love it! It’s so personal.

I’ve never been a bridesmaid – but my bff is thisclose to getting a ring on her finger…so I will be in the near future ;)

11 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 19, 2011 at 7:32 pm

That’s adorable! I have yet to be a bridesmaid – but I’m still young!

12 Tara Burner July 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm

LOVE the cupcake idea!!!
I haven’t been in any weddings….but my daughter was a bridesmaid in her brother (half) wedding in June http://www.flickr.com/photos/taraburner/5890649279/in/photostream I”m still waiting for everyone else to get me pics of my daughter as bridesmaid but that’s her brother & his new wife

13 Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm

This such a good idea! I’m going to be a bridesmaid next month!! It’s my first time ever… it’s been tough because everyone is in Illinois and I’m in California, but it all worked out for the bridal shower over the 4th of July. I’ll miss the bachelorette party though :(

14 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles July 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I’ve only been a bridesmaid twice – one in my sister’s wedding and one in my friend’s last October. I LOVE being in weddings…I think it’s so much fun! My husband was a Best Man in one two weeks ago – which can be a lot of pressure because of the infamous BM speech/toast!

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I was a bridesmaid in my cousin’s wedding a looong time ago! That’s exciting & such a cute way of asking everyone!

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 19, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I’ve been a bridesmaid in 4 different weddings… and I was NEVER asked in such a neat, creative, and sweet (literally!) way!! In fact, 2 of my friends didn’t even ask me… they just assumed that I was in the wedding haha! ;)

But all of the weddings went very well. And even though being a bridesmaid can get expensive, it’s so fun and so worth it! :)

17 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) July 19, 2011 at 7:47 pm

That us beyond awesome! I think ALL questions should be asked with a cupcake, lol! Congrats to the bride-to-be!!

18 Janae Jacobs July 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Okay, that is seriously the cutest thing ever. SO FUN!!! I love it when people are creative. I just called my brides maids and asked them….I guess I should have been a little bit more thoughtful about it ha!

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm

How stinking sweet! …Friends are the spice of life. Priceless! :)
I love how she asked all of you and made it so personal! So sweeeeeet!

20 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) July 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm

What a neat way to ask! How could you say no to a cupcake?!

21 Katelyn July 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

How exciting! There is nothing like a good wedding :) Especially when you get to be in it! WOO! I am going to have to remember that idea for when I get married! Just have to find the man first…minor detail ;)

22 Erica July 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

i’ve been a bridesmaid 6 times!!! this year it is finally my turn to be the bride!
i’ve never been asked (or asked them) in a cute way like that!!!

23 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

What a creative and thoughtful way to ask you all to be her bridesmaids! I’ve been a bridesmaid several times and a maid of honor once – such a blast!!

24 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales July 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

What a cute way to ask! :) Those signs she made were adorable.

25 Maria@La_Piattini July 19, 2011 at 8:20 pm

That is such a super cute idea! I am asking my girls to be bridesmaids this Saturday at our Engagement Party. I made them personalized cards on Zazzle.com with a poem similar to the one your friend wrote- I hope they all say yes ;)

26 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) July 19, 2011 at 8:23 pm

This is so adorable! I love personal little treats : D

27 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

That’s a really cute way to ask everyone :) I was like you and did nothing fancy! I was the first to get married out of my group too and now that the last one is getting married in October, they all totally put my “asking” to shame.

28 Shayla @ The Good Life July 19, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Awwww that is by far the cutest way to be asked!! Never been a bridesmaid, only a flower girl, which was a long long time ago!

29 Darcy July 19, 2011 at 8:33 pm

What a creative idea! Awesome!
I have been a bridesmaid in MANY weddings….let me count: Jason’s, Dana’s, Angela’s, Michelle’s, wow, I guess it’s only been 4! IT seemed like a lot more. Maybe I”m thinking of all the weddings that I’ve BEEN to……..which is dozens and dozens…….but I love it all. I don’t have any weddings this summer and haven’t been to one in 2 years……..hmmm, the wedding frenzy is over for me!
BTW, Courtney, my summer is going very well. i”m teaching summer school, which is good and trying to stay cool in peoples’ pools……and enjoying time with friends and family! It seems like you’re doing well also…….I”ll just call you Beach Girl!!!!!!! Bye for now….

30 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 19, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Congrats to your friend! You all look like such a fun bunch :)
I’ve yet to be in a bridal party, but I’ll be a bridesmaid at my cousin’s wedding in Spring 2013. I’m already SO excited… even though it’s 2 years away!!

31 Brittanie July 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

This is such a cute way, and I love how it was a surprise! Oddly enough, one of my best friends from back home sent me a package in the mail over the weekend and inside was “The Everything Bridesmaid Book.” I was so happy thinking I had been sent a book about tips and ideas for the bridesmaids, but nope there was a post-it note on the Maid of Honor page and my friend’s note said, “Will you please be my Maid of Honor? xoxo, Megan” I was beyond ecstatic and now can’t wait to help her along the wedding planning way!

32 Katherine July 19, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Those cupcakes are adorable. I have been a bridesmaid before, not my favorite thing in the world.

33 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts July 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm

That picture of me over to the left is of me as a bridesmaid at my friend Mireille’s wedding. You can tell I was having a blast on the dancefloor! :)

34 April @ motor city runner July 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I was a bridesmaid 4 years ago and it was so bad!! It was the hottest day of the year,the huge church had no air, the ceremony was 90 minutes long, the maid of honor almost passed out at the altar, the flower bouquets wilted because it was so hot in the church and then we got to the reception hall and someone thought it would be a good idea to turn the air off there. It wAs a terrible experience :(

35 Courtney July 19, 2011 at 10:00 pm

OH NO! :(

36 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I will be a bridesmaid in two weddings this fall! And the weddings are only 2 weeks apart!

37 Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Adorable. Love the creativity! :)

38 Sana July 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Being a bridesmaid is soo special and so fun :)

39 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 19, 2011 at 9:44 pm

YAY! Congratulations! That was a pretty clever way to ask – I really should have Googled “cool ways to ask your friends to be in your wedding” – I wasn’t that creative!

40 Courtney July 19, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Me either girl, me either…ahh well! ;)

41 Diana Amy July 19, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Congratulations to your friend, and what a precious group of girlfriends you have! I also commend you & your friend Joelle for not putting your bridesmaids into the traditional walk-of-shame-down-the-aisle monstrosities most bridesmaids have to wear. For my brother’s wedding, I wore a puke green, poorly altered/made halter dress (and seriously expensive) that flattered NONE of the bridesmaids, all of whom had very different body types! Even my friends had nothing positive to say, and they really tried.

42 Ilana July 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I am the maid of honor in my best friend’s wedding this Saturday! I am so excited (and nervous! I have to give a toast?!? ah!!). I can still remember when she called me to ask, it was 8am and I had never heard from her that early. I answered the phone “are you okay? what’s up?” and she just said “will you be my maid of honor?” soooo excited the day is finally almost here! congratulations to you for being a bridesmaid again!!

43 Lindsey July 19, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I have been a bridesmaid 6 times and all before I got married myself! I loved it every time too :) But I also love weddings!

44 julie July 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm

oh my gosh! what an awesome way to be asked. so cute and creative. i have a feeling it’s going to be a pretty stellar wedding if the bridal party ask was so awesome. my bestie asked me in starbucks after buying me coffee, haha she knows my weakness

45 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers July 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Sooooo exciting, both for Rachel and for you!!

This weekend is my best friend’s wedding, my first time being a bridesmaid (and a MOH!! eek!) and I’m excited, though a little nervous for the speech and stuff. Can’t wait to see the pictures of your experience, every step of the way!

PS my request was via phone, but I love the cupcake move.

46 Faith @ For the Health of It July 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I’ve been a bridesmaid for my best friend last year. It was an awesome experience!

47 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm

What a cute way to ask! I am currently a bridesmaid in a wedding that is coming up in September. It has actually kind of been hell. It seems like a never ending expense, which I wouldn’t mind if I wasn’t an unemployed college student. It is just tough spending any spare change I have on a wedding that isn’t mine!

48 Kelly July 20, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I second that! I am a bridesmaid for the first time in August, and it is SO unexpectedly expensive, especially if you live across the country and have to purchase airfare and hotel. I feel bad thinking about it that way, but…

49 Kristine @ Running on Hungry July 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm

SUCH a cute way of asking!

My friends are just now starting to get married (4 weddings this fall and a bunch coming up next year!) and one of my best friends asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding… my first time! I can’t wait :)

She lives in Wisconsin so imagine my surprise when I received a card in the mail with a pretty dress on the front and a “Will You…” on the cover… and then an adorable hand written note inside! I’m soo excited!

50 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I was a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding two years ago, and I enjoyed it. I was one of two bridesmaids who still lived near the bride, so we ended up doing quite a bit of the planning and work for the bachelorette and bridal shower parties. It was a little stressful keeping everyone happy, but I was so happy to be a part of her wedding. Have fun! :)

51 sweet and savvy July 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm

SUCH an adorable idea!!:) Congrats on being a bridesmaid. <3 you have to love weddings!

52 Khushboo July 20, 2011 at 3:24 am

A way to a girls heart is through sweet treats! Love this idea…

53 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 20, 2011 at 3:39 am

What a cute idea, I love it! And those cupcakes look amazing! :)

54 Siena July 20, 2011 at 6:08 am

This is the cutest idea ever!!

55 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 20, 2011 at 7:42 am

That is the sweetest (pun intended) idea ever! I don’t think I would have the patience to do something like that, I would want to tell my bridesmaids the second I knew!

56 e@thisnotedlife July 20, 2011 at 8:57 am

that is such a sweet idea! (no pun intended ha ha) I asked my girls in a card and one of my best friends just asked me the same way! I can’t wait

57 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 20, 2011 at 9:07 am

That is such a cute idea! I was the MOH for my older sister and her wedding was SO easy to be a part of. She works in politics and is therefore a master planner, so all the details were done and done. She even sent me a spreadsheet with all the names, address, and phone numbers on two different tabs for the bridal shower and bachelorette party. I don’t think I’ll ever have it that easy again, lol. I was also a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my best friends from high school. I was there when she met her fiance the first time, and it was awesome to be a part of their wedding. I planned the whole bachelorette party in Philly and everyone had a great time which was a relief. You never know if the bar you pick is going to be the right atmosphere when no one else has been there, but it worked out perfectly!

58 Kelly July 20, 2011 at 9:27 am

That has got to be the most creative way to ask someone to be a bridesmaid!!

59 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun July 20, 2011 at 10:01 am

Aw, I love this idea! What a good friend. I would have been all over that cookie dough cupcake. Who am I kidding? I would have been all over ANY of them! And I now have a craving. Good thing I know there will be cupcakes at the baby shower I’m going to this weekend. :)

60 Holly July 20, 2011 at 11:21 am

I LOVE how she asked you all! & I love that she picked individual flavors for everyone. So cute …and so sweet..literally ;)

61 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre July 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm

This past weekend I was a bridesmaid for the first time in one of my best friend’s weddings! One thing I noticed was that it FLEW by! I guess because I was so invovled and knew everyone and was dancing, etc. It went well and lots of fun! :)

62 Laura @ Unchartered 20s July 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm

OMG that is the CUTEST way!! I just randomly asked my girls (and 1 guy!) when I saw them lol!

63 Gina White July 20, 2011 at 4:13 pm

That is such a fabulous idea. I love when people are creative like that. I have to ask…where did she find those cute poems?

I have been in four weddings and never been asked that way!

64 Jess@atasteofconfidence July 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm

That is so cute. You have a great group of friends!

65 online salsa lessons September 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Thanks for this wonderful content. I really enjoyed it a lot.
What you have done is actually really inspirational.

This is really great content. I would like to use your style to better my own content on
my website.
online salsa lessons recently posted..online salsa lessons

66 Charlotte September 29, 2013 at 7:43 am

Thank for sharing this with everyone.
Charlotte recently posted..Charlotte

67 police virus October 23, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I seldom comment, however i did some searching and wound up here She Asked Us…With Cupcakes.
And I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.
Is it just me or does it give the impression like a few of the comments appear like they
are coming from brain dead people? :-P And,
if you are writing at additional online social sites,
I’d like to follow everything fresh you have to post.

Could you list of every one of your community sites
like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
police virus recently posted..police virus