The Red Meat Rule

When it comes to me taking photographs of my food at dinner, I’d have to say that Jay’s reaction (at this point) is usually about 80% used to it, but 100% impatient about it.

I’ve told him from the beginning that he doesn’t have to wait for me to start eating, but if he does decide to dig in right away, he’s usually almost done by the time I’m taking my first few bites. He eats fast…I eat slow.

So when we’re having a dinner where we actually sit down together, I try my best to grab a few shots of the goods and get on with it. Last night, however, hubby was very adamant that I take a few extra pictures of his handy work.

I think he was rather proud. Winking smile

As you guys probably already know, I have a rule about red meat in the house: I will eat it…but I won’t cook it.

I’m really not opposed to it, and actually enjoy a nice cut of lean red meat every once in a while, but Jay knows that if he wants to eat it, he’s the one gettin’ down and dirty at the grill.

Last night, he marinated and grilled a nice, lean cut of london broil, along with some sweet potato fries cooked on the grill as well. My only job? Boil the corn on the cob.

I liked that job. And I really liked last night’s dinner. Hubby is quite the rock star grill master.

*****

This morning, I had yet another appointment to take car of my car (alignment today) so I brought my iced coffee to enjoy on the car ride.

Once I got back, I was more than ready to dig in to some breakfast…and another new bag of Love Grown Foods granola! I’m happy to say that the Sweet Cranberry Pecan flavor is just as good, if not better, than the last flavor I just finished off.

AND, it works pretty awesome as a topping for a buckwheat bowl, too.

Today’s batch was just my basic buckwheat bowl, which was then topped with some of the granola goodness + a small scoop of Blizzard Butter.

It’s been way too long since I last enjoyed a buckwheat bowl…it was delicious.

So far, no workout has been done today, and I honestly don’t know if I feel like doing one at all. I’m still ridiculously sore from Monday, so maybe today will end up being an impromptu rest day. We’ll see!

But now…it’s time for some questions!

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Lose every single strand of hair all over your body OR triple your hair count?
  • Chew like a cow OR laugh like a goat?
  • Travel the world OR build your dream house (but NOT both!)?

Comments

I think that I’d rather travel the world, but only if I could do it with someone I loved. If that was outta the question and the journey was alone, then give me a dream house please and thank you!!

Also, give me grilled red meat or GIVE ME DEATH! (but really, that meat just looks delish, my compliments to the chef.)

1. A wildabeast look isn’t good for anyone. No thanks. But to be bald with no eyelashes to bat?! This is not fair.
    2. Believe it or not – I have what my parents call the “Helen Keller laugh.” I don’t make ANY noise when I laugh! My mouth just gapes open and tears stream down my face. It’s really attractive. I’d take the goat laugh any day.
    3. Travel, travel, travel!

Ohh these are tougher today. Definitely travel the world, but the other 2 are hard! I guess I’d say triple my hair count (it can always be waxes, right?) and chew like a cow.
    Tell Jay those are some awesome grill lines! haha

Oh man that dinner looks good… I could totally go for some red meat at 9 AM at work! *drool* I really need to improve my grilling skills.

1) I would go for no hair. Being a guy, I don’t think it’d be that bad? I could be wrong though!
    2) Definitely laugh like a goat, so I could laugh at myself every time I laugh.
    3) Build my dream house by far!

5. briana says

triple my hair, I guess chew like a cow lol and definitely travel! I believe you are hapiest from experiences not material possessions!

*Triple my hair count if only my head, however if that’s not an option then lose it all.
    *Laugh like a goat. I cannot stand people who chew with their mouth open (aka like a cow)
    *Build my dream house.

lose the hair…I’d get a wig ;-)
    laugh like a goat…lol
    and build my dream house! As much as I want to travel the world, I can’t wait to live in my dream house making memories with my family and building a life for my future children!

8. Kristen says

* Triple my hair count & invest in some industrial strength clippers
    * Laugh like a goat—hearing people with poor eating habits (i.e. smacking, slurping) is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves–I would hate to be the offender there
    * Travel the world for sure!!

9. colleen says

I didn’t find these that hard!
    1. Lose ever single strand of hair all over my body (I don’t want to look like an ape.)
    2. Laugh like a goat (some say I already do)
    3. Build my dream house (then I could do a staycation in my pretty house)

• Brittany says

Agree with all of these.
      My dad has alopecia, which is genetic but usually skips a generation, and I’m used to the way he looks so I guess I’d get used to myself too…
      And decorating my dream house is one of the things I look forward to most in life. As much as I love travelling, not having my dream house would be a major buzzkill.

That steak looks awesome!!

I’d rather:
    – triple my hair count. But I’m crossing my fingers that the hair would only grown on my head! ;)
    – chew like a cow. You can always cover your mouth. But an annoying laugh can drive EVERYBODY crazy!
    – travel the world, for sure. I don’t care as much about “things.” Sure I’d like a nice house, but I’d rather experience all life has to offer!

Haha my boyfriend is just like Jay, he’s used to me taking pictures but he just wants to eat :). When he’s in the living room, he knows dinner is served when he hears my camera :P.

I’d rather…
    Lose every single strand of hair all over my body
    Laugh like a goat (I HATE when people chew like a cow lol)
    Build my dream house (that one was hard!)

obsessed with your new “would you rather?” idea!

– I would rather triple my hair count. You can always wax awkward places, and I would finally have a thick head o’ hair!

– Laugh like a goat. Noisy eating is my #1 pet peeve.

– Build my dream house! There’s no place like home.

Red meat rule should go for my house too!!! ….Nice work Jay! Those grill marks are awesome!!! :)
    I want try love grown foods granola but can’t find it :(
    -Triple my hair count for sure!
    -Laugh like a goat, people with unique laughs get me. They usually make others laugh.
    -TRAVEL THE WORLD!!!!!!

1.I would definitely rather triple my hair count, and then get laser removal!

2. I’d rather chew like a cow because I am always laughing, and people would definitely get annoyed.

3. Definitely build my dream house!

The London Broil looks fantastic!

My husband cooks all of the red meat in our house too. Actually, he cooks most of the food. Looks like Jay did a great job grilling!
    1. I would rather triple my hair. That what razors and wax are for. Plus them maybe the hair on my head would get thicker.
    2. I would rather laugh like a goat
    3. Travel!

Wooo! Props to Jay for that awesome looking steak! I don’t even like OR eat red meat & that looks fantastic. Perfect grill marks :)
    1. Triple my hair count (since I have such fine/ thin hair)
    2. Chew like a cow. Gross, but I would hate to laugh like a goat…I laugh too much to sound like that! :D
    3. Build my dream home..FOR SURE! I hope to one day be able to actually do that too!!

LOSE THE HAIR! If I never had to shave my legs again I would be in heaven! That’s what wigs are for, right? Then I could have a different hair cut/color/style anytime I want!

Laughing like a goat would just be plain hilarious – I take that. Chewing like a cow is nasty.

I would definitely build my dream home – far far away from all people that drive me crazy (apartment living is no fun!)

I would say bring on the hair, I could always shave right? haha
    Definitely laugh like a goat, I hat when people chew like cows!
    And travel the world for sure, a dream house is awesome espeically with a nice kitchen but the life changing experiences from travel can’t be beat.

Love this game!
    1. I could not imagine hairless. So def grow hair 3 times the amount.
    2. Laugh like a goat. I would hate to gross people out while I’m eating.
    3. Build my dream home!!!!

1. I would rather lose all of my hair and then purchase an awesome wig. It would actually probably look better than my hair usually does haha.
    2. Hmmm…I guess I’d rather laugh like a goat. You always have to chew your food, but you could stifle a laugh instead of doing a full blown one.
    3. I would definitely rather travel the world. There are so many beautiful places to see! Plus, I don’t want to be cooped up in some place that I would likely get tired of after a while. My dream house visions change a lot haha.

Ha, I can totally relate to the first couple sentences because I am constantly telling my husband to start eating without me. He never does, then complains that his food isn’t warm enough. Drives me crazy!

I would rather triple my hair count (even though I’m pretty sure I have some of the thickest hair) I don’t ever want to be bald!

I would rather laugh like a goat (what ever that sounds like)

and I would rather travel the world

23. Jenny O. says

Next time, make him grill the corn, too! (Wrap it in foil if it’s not in the husk, or keep it in the husk and stick it straight on the grill.) You probably already know that trick, but it makes the corn taste sooooo much better than boiling! Love the blog- I’m a new reader!

• Courtney says

Ahhh, I didn’t think about the foil! I had already shucked the corn at the grocery store so I didn’t have any husks. I’ll remember that for next time…I love grilled corn on the cob!

Thanks for reading, Jenny! :)

My husband is just like yours when it comes to blogging photos! His meals are usually partially eaten OR you can see his fingers and utensils sneaking in for a bite! haha!

hmm. i think loose my hair– thats what wigs are for.
    laugh like a goat, i hate people who chew like cows.
    travel the world– though after a while that gets tiring. but you could stay for long periods of time -and relax…

1. Bald… and buy a wig – so I could change it up depending on my mood and feelings.
    2. Laugh like a goat, because at least I would not be the only one! ;)
    3. Travel, travel, travel!!! Heck yeah, go anywhere whenever, bring it on!!! I love traveling, so it would be all good for me! :)

Hmm these are tough! I’d triple my hair count if it’s only on the head – otherwise i’ll go bald. No more shaving!
    I’d llaugh like a goat.
    I WANT to say travel the world, but i think i’d rather have my dream home!!

1. I would rather lose every strand. 2. I would rather laugh like a goat. Loud eaters are one of my pet peeves! Lol. 3. I would rather travel the world as long as I could bring my favorite company! That meal looks tasty! Corn on the grill is awesome too if you haven’t tried it!

1. Lose every single strand of hair all over your body. To finally not have to shave would be awesome! I guess I could just rock a wig for my head ;)

2. Laugh like a goat. My hubby is very particular with the way people chew their food so I guess I’ll laugh like a goat…I don’t think he’d mind ;)

3. Travel the world. I absolutely love traveling and would love to more if money weren’t an issue!

30. Audrey says

1. I’d rather lose every single strand of hair, because I could always inbest in really cool wigs, and I’m sure I could either pencil in or find a fake eyebrow maker ;)
    2. Chew like a cow…most meals we eat alone (breakfast on the run), and I laugh waaaayyy too often to be able to hide rthe goat thing
    3. Build my dream house! It would be my DREAM house!!!! Plys, it doesn’t say anything about traveling the continent or all but one plave therefore technically not the world ;)

These questions are fun!

1. (what kind of questions is this?!) I think I would triple my hair count and just invest in really good razors for the hair that’s not on my head.
    2. I already kind of laugh crazy, so I’ll go with laughing like a goat.
    3. Travel the world – definitely!!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeMy StoryContact MeBe a Fashionista!Q & A’sQ&A's – Round 1Q&A's – Round 2Q&A's – Round 3Q&A's – Round 4Q&A's – Round 5RecipesBreads/MuffinsBreakfastCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsDinnersPies/Trifles/Truffles/Candies/CrispsSalads/Sides/Odds & EndsBlog LoveWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkouts30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill WorkoutWorkout Log30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill WorkoutShop ← The Red Meat Rule […]

2. […] before I even started blogging, so it’s definitely been a while. Now usually, you guys know that Jay is in charge of cooking red meat, but I decided I’d be super awesome and treat him to some red meat for dinner, without requiring […]