Good Ideas

by Courtney on July 21, 2011

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, for all of your ideas and advice last night on how I can try to get rid of my little problem. I read through them all as soon as I got home from my softball game (at 10pm) last night, trying to figure out what I could do quickly.

While it appears that the wine in a cup trap will do the trick, I’m sorry, but I’m just not about to share my $7.99 bottle of Barefoot Pinot Grigio wine with those little pests. I.don’t.think.so.

image

So right before heading to bed, I added a squirt of dish soap to my apple cider vinegar and I think I may now have 6 fruit flies in there. Hey, at least we’re making progress.

*****

This morning,it was BodyPump time. This was actually the first class I’ve taken in two weeks and I was excited to see that the instructor finally switched things up. I was getting pretty bored with the latest release, so today’s BodyPump 75 release was a welcomed change.

On a side note…would you believe that I’m still sore from Monday’s BodyCombat class? I can’t believe it. I even had to decrease my weight on a few of the tracks. Whew!

I followed up BodyPump with 20 minutes of these treadmill intervals before calling it a day and heading home for some breakfast.

I was craving Blizzard Butter in a bad way this morning, so I enjoyed some on top of a lightly toasted Thomas’ Honey Wheat English muffin with banana slices, chia seeds, cinnamon, and honey.

And since that just wasn’t enough, I enjoyed a little bit more on the rest of my ‘naner.

A sweaty glass of iced coffee is also currently being sipped on as a type.

Super delicious. Smile

Oky doky, it’s almost time for “Would You Rather,” but first, just a quick reminder…

***You only have until this evening to enter the SOYJOY Daycation Giveaway! Make sure you get all of those entries in!

And now…let’s get to those questions, shall we? I don’t know about you, but I am totally loving these.

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Have a painful pimple on the inside of your nose for a week -OR- a bad cold sore for the same length of time? (P.S., pimples in the nose are THE WORST, no??)
  • Live in a house with no windows -OR- no doors?
  • Eat a cup of mayonnaise -OR- a cup of horseradish? (You MUST choose 1!)

1 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 9:06 am

oooh, those are easy ones! :)

– painful pimple. those suckers can be covered up with less embarrassment, I think.
– no doors. I’m limber.. I can get myself out a window. need that light!
– is it bad that I could probably do either? I love horseradish.. but mayo would probably be easier.

2 Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 21, 2011 at 9:07 am

Pimple–hate cold sores!
No doors–if the windows opened. ;) Also, I need windows in a big way.
Mayonnaise, obviously! I actually love mayo–and yes, I’ve eaten it straight before. :P

3 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 21, 2011 at 9:09 am

Oh god haha.
1. I would rather have a painful pimple because you can’t see it inside the nose
2. Um…live in a house with no doors. I could use the windows as a door :). I’ll be creative as long as I can have some sunlight.
3. Mayo for sure. I like mayo…no I’ve never eaten it straight up…but I think I could handle it.

4 Bethany July 21, 2011 at 9:11 am

These are BY FAR THE WORST questions you’ve asked haha
■ Pimple in my nose, cold sores are nasty lookin, at least you can hide the pimple
■ Live in a house with no windows, at least I can open the doors
■ This is horrifying, I HATE mayo & horseradish…..ugh, I guess the horseradish because mayo gives me the heebie-jeebies!

5 gabriella @ embracement July 21, 2011 at 9:15 am

Glad I’m not the only one with a terrible aversion to mayo. Gross. Gag.

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 21, 2011 at 9:12 am

1. Pimple because it can be hidden.
2. No doors because I could go out the window.
3. Horseradish… I’m not a fan of mayo. I would just have to eat the horseradish really slooowwllyyy!! ;)

I think a lot of people are probably going to answer #1 and 2 the same… I can see that the people who already commented said similar things to me haha!

7 gabriella @ embracement July 21, 2011 at 9:14 am

Pimple – I have a canker sore on my tongue right now and I’m ready to bite it off I can’t take mouth things
No doors – I can climb out a window and still get light
Horseradish – Mayo makes me gag

8 kate July 21, 2011 at 9:15 am

im so glad I saw this post I missed the last one, were on fruit fly overload at my house too and I am desperate to get rid of them!

9 Kelly July 21, 2011 at 9:19 am

Pimple: it may hurt but if it isn’t your nose then it would be hidden from view

No windows..without door you would have ZERO privacy and anyone could walk in.

Horseradish: no question.

10 steph July 21, 2011 at 9:20 am

I’d definitely take the painful pimple (that no one can see haha)

… live in a house with no windows (so no creatures could get in… and I think i would spend MORE time outside if I wasnt able to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors from inside my house)

…eat a cup of horseradish (i love it.. really).

11 Jessica @ brighteyesandbushytales July 21, 2011 at 9:20 am

Pimple – because a cold sore would be embarassing.
No Doors – because I need some light and I could just get out through the windows.
And…horseradish…blech to both, but I think the mayo would just put me over the edge. :)

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 21, 2011 at 9:21 am

-A bad cold sore for a week, pimples on the inside of the nose are horrible!
-No doors for sure…. I love windows and go crazy without them; I can exit through the windows thank you very much!
-Ugh. Mayo, please make it light though. Be kind. HA!

13 Lindsey July 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

Pimple, cold sores look worse and I would think feel worse too!

No windows?! I don’t think I want strangers being able to walk into my house….unless you mean no doors as in exits?? I am confused on this one ;) haha. I blame not having coffee yet!

Horseradish – only cause I hate mayo!

14 Emily July 21, 2011 at 9:43 am

I think I just threw up thinking about eating a cup of mayo.

1. Def the pimple! Cold sores are awful.
2. Ummm, no doors. I would hate not having natural light. It would feel like a cave.
3. And obviously I’d eat the horseradish.

15 Sarah July 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

1. Definitely the pimple-because it wouldn’t be visible.
2. No door-I’ve been threw a window or two before and would hate if there was no light.
3. Horseradish- I like mayo but I couldn’t do a cup.

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 21, 2011 at 9:52 am

1. Pimple- at least no one would see it!
2. No doors- I would get way too claustrophobic without windows!
3. Horseradish- at least it has some flavoring…I’d feel like I was just eating a cup of fat if I were eating a cup of mayo!

17 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill July 21, 2011 at 10:00 am

No windows! I’m weird and only like sunlight on occasion, in certain areas of my house. I just love the dark!

18 Jessie July 21, 2011 at 10:11 am

Pimple inside the nose – at least then it wouldn’t be seen

No doors – with windows you can still get in and out and have a view with them shut.

Horseradish – I can’t stand mayonnaise!

19 colleen July 21, 2011 at 10:16 am

1. Painful pimple-I pick my lips when I have cold sores and it makes it even worse.
2. I’d rather have a house with no windows. Doors=privacy!
3. Mayonnaise for sure

20 Kathryn July 21, 2011 at 10:21 am

1) Definitely the pimple (never had a cold sore, wouldn’t want to start)
2) Windows. Like everyone said, I can climb out the window.
3) This is a really hard ( and gross) one. I think I’d have to go with the horseradish…so long as I could vomit after (blech)

21 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) July 21, 2011 at 10:23 am

Pimple, no doors & mayo hahaha :D

22 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 21, 2011 at 10:24 am

Pimples inside of the nose can make your eyes water, but I don’t want to walk around looking like I’m having a herpes flare up, ya know what I mean?

23 Liz @ Something To Chew Om July 21, 2011 at 10:34 am

Pimple, hands down. Cold sores suck.
I’d rather have windows, as long as I’m allowed to crawl through them ;) I love having natural light
….and even though I’m not a fan of either, I’d go with mayo. But I’m not saying I would enjoy it.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

24 Jenny & Love Eat Run July 21, 2011 at 10:40 am

1. Pimple – although both options suck.
2. No doors for sure – you could climb through the windows and still have light in the house!
3. Mayo – Just not a fan of horseradish!

25 Holly July 21, 2011 at 10:41 am

These are easy today…thankfully…normally I have to jog my brain for a minute ;)
1. Definitely pimple. Cold sores are just gross. Eek!
2. No doors. I would just crawl thru a window ;)
3. 1 cup of horse radish. I HATE mayo.

Hope you catch more fruit flies today! Those things are such a pain!!!

26 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen July 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

These are easier today :)
-pimple
-no doors (I’d climb out the window!)
-horseradish (at least my sinuses would be clear!)

27 Cait @ Cait hates Cake July 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

1. Pimple. Ouch
2. No doors. Need light!!
3. Mayo…but that’s disgusting.

28 Jodi July 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

I would rather

1. Have a nose-zit; at least you can conceal it!

2. House with no windows I guess; I’d have to get out…

3.Mayo, gladly!

29 Hannah July 21, 2011 at 11:05 am

1 pimple in the nose.. its painful but hidden.
2. no doors, i will climb out! I need some sunshine.!
3. ew no way mayo it is so gross. not a fan of either but horse radish b/c the smell and consistency of mayo makes me gag!

30 Girl in the pink July 21, 2011 at 11:06 am

Pimple in the nose (cold sores are painful and ugly)

House with no doors – I go crazy without natural light.

Horseradish – I’ve never had horseradish but mayo makes me gag!

31 Taylor Sutton July 21, 2011 at 11:13 am

1. pimple- I get cold sores…they are AWFUL, and very visible…plus everyone who doesn’t get them are more than willing to yell out that you have herpes (super!)

2. doors…Then i could cheat the system and have wall-length windows (and possibly sliding glass doors(?)–not sure if those count as window or door)

3. i have never had horseradish! So I am really not sure!

32 Jordan July 21, 2011 at 11:28 am

1. i have to go with the pimple in the nose. at least no one would see it!
2. definitely no doors. i would just make sure to have a huge window that i could crawl out of ;)
3. i actually LOVE horseradish so i’d choose that!

33 Andrea @ Running 4 Mama's Comeback July 21, 2011 at 11:32 am

Nothing to do with fruit flies- although now I know what to do when I have that problem (happens every year!), but your blog has saved me money!! I LOVE iced coffee’s and was spending WAY too much money on them each week. I would go about 3-4 times a week to buy one at my local coffee shop. Since your blog I have begun to brew my own coffee, put it in the fridge and add fat free caramel and chocolate sauce to it. Much less fat and MUCH cheaper! Thanks! I love your blog, you’re lots of fun!

34 Courtney July 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm

That’s great, Andrea! Thank you!!
Your iced coffee sounds AMAZING too :)

35 Alexa @ Simple Eats July 21, 2011 at 11:36 am

1. I would definitely rather have a painful pimple…I get so self-conscious with the look of cold sores
2. I’d definitely rather have no doors…gotta get creative and climb through those windows!
3. I love mayo…I think I could eat a cup of it!

36 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer July 21, 2011 at 11:46 am

1. pimple in the nose, for sure. No one sees it.
2. I’d rather have windows, with screens, and big enough to climb in and out of.
3. Does eating a cup of mayo count if you’re chowin’ on some potato salad? Cause some people I know probably use the whole jar.
*and gross side note, when I was in middle school, my friends and I would buy “mayo rolls” from a local sub shop for 50 cents. It was straight up mayo on a toasted roll. Kinda skeeves me out now, to think I used to eat them.

37 Courtney July 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Ohhhh, the things we ate as kids! ;)

38 Lauren July 21, 2011 at 11:47 am

What is blizzard butter?? It sounds ridiculously good!

1. I’ve never had a cold sore so I don’t know how painful they are but I think I’d rather have something hidden.
2. Can the window be low enough to the ground that I can jump out?
3. Horseradish for sure!!!

39 Courtney July 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

It is my absolute FAVORITE white-chocolate flavored peanut butter. If you click on the link, it will bring you to the site. It’s incredible!!

And sure…we’ll say that the window can be jumped out of. ;)

40 Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

1. Pimple – nobody else could see it!
2. No doors – I need light and it would be fun to climb in and out! Security might be hard though – how do you lock a window from the outside?!
3. Horseradish – mayo turns my stomach

41 Brittany @ ittybitsofbalance July 21, 2011 at 11:56 am

We had matching breakfasts this morning ;) (Except I had turkey bacon too.. haha :D )

42 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 21, 2011 at 12:02 pm

1) Pimple in the nose — at least then no one can see it!

2) No windows — I can make do with some artificial good-lighting

3) Mayo –I’ve never ate it just plain, but I think I could do it under pressure.

43 Brittany July 21, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Pimple–cold sores make you look diseased
No doors–I’m obsessed with windows and natural light
Horseradish–although I’m pretty sure I don’t like it, but the thought of even a tablespoon of mayo makes me gag—like a lot. I hate things in large quantities. Uck!

44 Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy" Girl July 21, 2011 at 12:28 pm

OMG I love this game :-)

It is so hard for me to answer #1 – I’d go with the pimple because I can put makeup over it so no one can see. Cold sores are much more difficult to disguise. In the end, I’d rather suffer a little pain in silence ;-)

I’d rather live in a house with no DOORs. I could climb out the window DUH!

I’d rather eat a cup of mayo. I don’t mind it, especially miracle whip ;-)

45 Courtney July 21, 2011 at 1:38 pm

OMG, when I was in elementary school I used to eat miracle whip and cheese sandwiches on white bread ALL the time!

46 Audrey July 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm

1. Pimple on the nose for a week. I’ve never had a cold sore and NEVER want to get one!
2. House with no windows. When I want natural light, I could just open the door and go outside.
3. NEITHER-I choose penalty over those, yuck!

47 Shayla @ The Good Life July 21, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Ahhh these are tough!

1. I’d have to go with have a painful pimple on the inside of your nose for a week (though like you said they’re the worst, ouchie!) at least I could cover it with makeup. And a cold sore would be too hard and uncomfortable to kiss my hubby with!

2. I’d live in a house with no windows. I’d want to get out of the house through a door instead of climbing out a window, ha! And if I needed sunlight I guess I could just open a door?!

3. Eeewww yuck! This is a good one! I guess I’d eat a cup of mayonnaise. I absolutely cannot stand horseradish, but can somewhat tolerate mayo.

48 Lee @ in the pink of condition July 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm

1. Pimple in nose

2. A house with no doors. At least you can see out of the house if you have windows! I’m small enough to climb through them anyways :-)

3. I’ll up the ante and eat 2 cups of horseradish. Love that stuff

49 Courtney July 21, 2011 at 1:39 pm

OH SNAP! I think you win with the 2 cups of horseradish…yikes! ;)

50 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts July 21, 2011 at 1:24 pm

These questions are too funny! Here goes…

1. Pimple in the nose, for sure. Even though these are the WORST.
2. No doors. I can’t stand when all the blinds in the house are closed and it’s cave-like in the house. I like to see outside! Plus if I had to leave I could crawl out a window.
3. Ew. I guess I would have to go with mayo, since I don’t like horseradish. But the thought of eating a cup of mayo seriously makes me want to gag. :)

51 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Miss Court – It’s been so fun to watch STSL grow and GROW! Just curious, now that you’re currently not teaching, are you planning/wanting to make blogging your full-time job? What did you find helped your blog grow the most in recent months? Was it posting more and more? Happy Thursday! xoxo

52 Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I’ve been wanting to try BodyCombat!! Actaully, I’ve been trying to get certified in it since my gym doesn’t offer it and I DEFINITELY think it’d be a popular class!

53 kristen July 21, 2011 at 5:14 pm

today’s “would you rather” are pretty tough….
I guess I would rather live with no doors

54 Pure2raw twins July 21, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Love with no doors and eat horseradish – I know – for some reason I have come to really like it :)

55 Amber @ Stop and Smell the Wildflowers July 21, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I would rather…
Have a painful pimple on the inside of your nose for a week.
Live in a house with no windows (I would climb out the window :)).
Eat a cup of mayonnaise.